Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center - Lakeland, FL

Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center - Lakeland, FL has yet not published prices.

• Short Term Rehab
  • Skilled Nursing
  • Speech Therapy

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

The experience was remarkable! I feel like we were part of the Valencia family. The nurses I dealt with were all professional, kind, caring, open, friendly, and kept us updated. I feel like they went out of their way to touch base with us. It meant so much to me that they took the extra time and effort. I felt like they cared about the entire family. The staff was very attentive to the call lights. They would communicate with him when he needed help and responded as soon as possible. They were respectful, gentle, and made sure to reassure him. They paid attention to detail and kept everything close. They monitored his nutrition as well. Even the people at the registration desk were extremely kind! They even thought of my mother, who uses a walker, and made sure she was doing okay as well. The facility was clean and uncluttered. There was a wet spot in my dad's room at one point, and it was quickly taken care of when they were made aware. The staff made sure he had creamer for his coffee, pepper packets, so they did make sure he had what he needed. When he didn't like something, they offered something else. They had open lines of communication on a regular basis. The staff was very communicative and reassured us that we can call at any time. We didn't have to track anyone down. My dad didn't care for the food, but that was because they didn't add salt to it. He's very picky.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

Everything is going great. Top of the line. The overall staff were very good and friendly. The meals are great my loved one ate everything. The communication is 100% they are very good.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

Overall, everything is going pretty good. The rehab therapy services are going great they are trying their best and doing a good job. I am kept informed and if not I make sure that I am. The staff is very friendly. The nurses are friendly as well, but my loved one thinks they do not come soon enough when she calls. The meals are ok my loved one does not like it.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

My father's therapist was excellent. The nurses were a little thin but they were all very amenable. The communication is what I disliked the most.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

Overall, everything is going well.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

The rehab services are excellent. I think they did a really good job. The therapist were a little slow getting started. My loved one thought the food was good and he had good services. The nurses were ok because they were slow and not really receptive.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

One of the staff members was good. The overall whole building was clean. My mother enjoyed the meals. She liked that she could just take her dinner or lunch into the dining area. I wasn't happy about the communication.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

The staff seems pretty good on their friendliness. From I saw the place looks clean to me. I could not tell you much about the meals or dining experience. The communication is excellent. They call right away if something happens.

Overall, it was good.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

My mother's main nurse was really good with her. The facility was very clean. The nurses let my mother go to the bathroom by herself. They did not check on her. I did not ever see the food but my mother constantly complained about it. I hardly heard from them with communication.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

The unit manager filled us in, she is great. She helped us with getting the right orders for her to be able to leave the facility. One of the day shift nurses seems to care about all the patients not just my loved one. She answers my questions right away. Also, if she is doing something she can answer questions while continuing to provide care. We really appreciate her help. The cleanliness depends on a daily basis, there are a couple that I do not know their names but they do a good job at cleaning. They could be more attentive. The food is not good. I do not think it started off well for my wife but it has gotten better.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

The staff was friendly and they were all good. We heard the therapy was very good that's the only reason we went there. The place is old and you shouldn't have to walk down the hall to take a shower. The meals my loved one had were not good.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

So far so good. The therapists have been doing great from what I heard. The caseworker is pretty nice and the place is clean. I appreciate the fact she has good food at the facility.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

The staff is amazing! They are always there for my father. When I can visit, he is clean and shaven. His bed is clean. Bless their hearts! They have strengthened his mobility and stability. They're all outstanding and have been there for me. He likes the food. It's good and even my mother ate it when she was there to visit, they gave her a meal. That's how nice they are. My dad as put on weight, which is good because he enjoys the food, I watched him eat everything on his plate.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

They are giving her adequate care. She loves the meals and the meals are great. My mom is able to tell me how she is doing and I can call her every day.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

So far it is going well with no complaints. It seems to be going well. The nurses get the highest mark dealing with him. They have all been very attentive and wonderful. They answer my questions. Everything has been clean. They are helping him eat and he has not complained about the food. I have trouble getting through to someone and they are not telling much.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

They are friendly. It is very clean. The meals look good and smell good. I don't get information unless I ask for it.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

The therapists are very thorough with what they are doing and helping to rebuild his strength and muscles. Everyone is very nice and helpful. It's very clean. They need to provide better food.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

My loved one said he would go back to this facility. I think he got good care. He got very good physical therapy and he was very impressed with that. He got along well with the nurses and doctors. He really liked all of the nurses. It looked clean to me and I walked through it. The doctor was very nice. The meat was so overcooked that he could not eat it. He said the meals were terrible. There are pairs of pants missing and shirts missing. We went to the laundry and found one shirt.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

The therapists have been great. The staff has been really good. Some are great and some are lazy. They are very very kind. A few CNAs have been really good. The unit director has been very helpful. They keep it pretty well clean and overall it is clean. The meals have been good. We have had a few issues. They need to respond faster and they should at least go in and see if the patient is okay. I do not hear anything unless I go to someone and we had one plan meeting. If I did not ask I would not know anything.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

The services were fine. They were friendly when I spoke with them. It was very clean. My loved one fell so I was not happy with how she was taken care of.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

The staff was nice but they are understaffed. When she would call for help the staff never came. The bed didn't work wouldn't move up or down. There was a CNA that was precious with my mother and the social worker was good. But overall it seems like no one had time for my mother. A lot of the nurses were sitting around. The furniture had stains on it and was old. Meals seem to be good. The sandwiches were good. There is a disconnect with communication between the staff members and patient. When asked what medications were given the nurse didn't know.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

Anytime she needs anything they come right away. They are very attentive. She told me that that therapists have been helping her a lot, and that she is a lot more mobile. The staff are super friendly! It's very clean. Sometimes she complains that she doesn't get the food that she orders. If we have any questions, they are always ready to answer our questions.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

The experience was all good! It really was excellent including the therapy services. I would recommend this facility to anyone! The therapists were excellent! There was one nurse who was not so great but the others were wonderful. A few CNAs were especially helpful during my stay. I had a good experience with everyone I encountered during my stay. It was very clean considering what they have to deal with in a facility like this. The food lacked flavor. You can survive off the food here, but it's definitely not home cooking! The communication was good. They often asked if I was doing okay and if I needed anything.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

My loved one says the therapy is good. It is very clean.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

The therapy was great! They were professional and nice and kind. The nursing care could have been better. A lot of miscommunication with the charge nurse. I did voice my concerns with them about this and it seemed to straighten up after that. There was also an issue with medication - communication between nurses for pill schedule needs improvement. They were friendly but there was the communication issue. The staff did not seem properly aware of relevant medical situations.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

I most definitely would recommend this facility to a friend! The communication is great. They have been better here than anywhere else so far. It is very clean. My loved one seems very pleased with the meals.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

The people and workers I dealt with were very personable and pleasant. I feel comfortable with her there. She said they do a real good job with her moving her legs around. The nurses always come in and say hi to her. They joke with her. The staff are all good as well. The dining area looks pleasant and clean. They call me with any issues right away.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

It was very good. The nurses are excellent and they always come when you need them. They were all friendly! Sometimes the bathrooms were due for a cleaning.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

Everything has been wonderful.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

We have had no trouble. They are very kind. My husband liked the meals, so it must be pretty good! He eats everything in sight. Most of them are really good. The day nurse is good. And the one at night time during the week, she is very nice. I think they need to mop more often.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

Everybody has been nice. The attitude of the staff is great. It's clean and seems to be in good shape.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

The nurses are excellent! Everyone is very friendly. The cleanliness is exceptional!

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

I was really impressed! It very clean and the rooms are really big. They are not tacky. It's very independent in there. I like the way the staff is, they are very busy. The place was really clean. From what I understand they do a lot of activities. I feel better now that my loved one is there. There is no smell or bad odor. I have allergies and am sensitive to the smell, and I didn't smell anything. She says like the food. When we visited her, she was eating icecream. It has been really good. I have called them twice. They were very nice and informative.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

He is doing well. He takes many trips to the bathroom and they have been very good. They have been very, very nice. Communication has been great and the rehab people are wonderful. He is doing very well. They try to be very attentive. The food has been very good. No complaints with his diet. There are little things that are annoying and we remind ourselves it is not a hotel and if there are issues they take care of them. He was unhappy with the showers he was offered. He can request showers from what we found out. There are no big issues. It seems to be clean and it is an old building. Some of the rooms do not have outlets.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

It's excellent. They have been pretty good at communicating with me. They have been helpful. I talk to the nurses often over the phone. They are good about updating me about his condition.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

Everybody is really friendly. It is very clean.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

I am pleased with the facility and I am pleased with the people I have interacted with caring for her. It is better than I expected and I am pleasantly surprised. I have no complaints at this point. The nursing staff is really good. I have not come across anyone I did not like. They have been very helpful with my questions. I have only seen a few meals and she does not particularly like the food. I am not impressed with it.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

A couple even gives my loved one a little extra attention. A couple talks to me like we are old friends. The place is clean. It is very very clean. He loves the food here and he is a picky eater. He is actually gaining some weight back. Most of the time communication is good. I can honestly say things are much better than other places. There is always a couple individual who don't get something as quickly as he needs. Most of the time it is pretty good. One of the overnight nurses, she goes and checks on him often. For the most part, the CNA's are really pretty good.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

This is the best place my loved one has been in.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

It has been clean. It was decorated beautifully for Christmas. They are nice. The front desk gives directions. They did come and give my loved one medicine but it seemed like there was no compassion and no comforting. When they sent her to the hospital they did not notify any of us. Visitors showed up and just found that she wasn't there. That is a horrible thing to do a family.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

Everyone is friendly. They keep me informed. The patients need to be watched better and taken care of. I have seen patients walking down the middle of the hall and falling.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

They seemed friendly. My mother and my father were going to be here at the same time. I asked if we could get them in the same room. They said yes but then they had him in a room with 3 other people. They told me when we got there that they could not put him in the same room with mother, even though they assured me that they could before. They just left his food there beside him and he cannot feed himself.

Review of Valencia Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

The meals were enjoyable. There was a very kind and helpful lady who came to clean up my mother's floor. She was not receiving care. I tried to talk to them and ask questions and it was like I was a nuisance. My mother was very sick and we needed help and compassion and we were given the opposite. No communication what so ever.

Valencia Hills is the biggest rehabilitation center in the area. Valencia Hills is dedicated to compassionate care and personalized service. It offers an array of rehabilitation services including cardiac, stroke, orthopedic, physical therapy, and speech therapy. Twenty-four-hour care is provided for those with cognitive and memory care needs.