Stratford Court of Palm Harbor - Palm Harbor, FL

Happy residents -

My husband and I are very happy residents of Stratford Court - food service is exceptional, housekeeping very satisfactory, repair and maintenance prompt and efficient. Friendly, helpful staff, spotless facility, compatible neighbors. When asked if he likes it here, my husband always answers, "I am happy and my wife is ecstatic."

Mother in law grew to love the ALF and called it home

My mother in-law was in the ALF. I can't say enough good about the staff, care and homey environment. They were always just a phone call away if you needed to talk with someone about your loved ones care. We went to visit weekly and stopped in when not expected. They are familiar with the needs of older individuals. My mother in-law was a functioning Alzheimer's patient but would have mood swings. They found the correct medication for her to keep her functioning, crocheting etc. without appearing to be medicated at all. They adjusted as was necessary. She was happier than we had seen her all her life. She loved the staff. They called if there were problems and discussed care options. They also put on wonderful holiday and monthly shows for the residents, they took those who were able out to lunch, did daily chair exercises and craft activities as well as a variety of games that they loved to play. They have a lovely dining area, choices of food like ordering off a menu and have a living room like atmosphere with a large screen TV. They also allow those able to go out to sit by the pool and sit on the porch that has a grill for planned picnic like activities. Supervised by staff when necessary. There was one pet dog that was well known by residents and I noticed that at least one person had a white cat in their room. Never saw it out of their room so I'm guessing that it was their personal cat. The staff knew all the residents by name and were very helpful as the same people cared for your loved one daily because they had no one leave their position for years. Many of the staff had been long time employees. The areas were always clean and well kept. Every problem that you brought to their attention was addressed. My mother in law would come to our holiday visits and would ask to go back to her home when she was ready. When we initially placed her in the ALF, her initial attitude was that she admittedly did not want to stay and was verbally and nearly physically abusive about it. Glaring daggers at me. They advised that we not come back for a few days to a week, for her to get used to the idea and they were right. She lived their for many years and was happy and content. The Director, Sue Gianelli knows her stuff when it comes to Senior behavior and medical needs. I would highly recommend.

Better than the rest.

Mom, who is 91, broke her hip. She is going there from the hospital tonight. I had a diff place all picked out for her close to home, but I read the reviews and nixed the whole idea. The other place had dirty floors and allegedly drugged the dementia patients to shut them up. Not for my mother.
This place, after looking at 3 others, impressed me.
Fireplace, hardwood floors, wall-to-wall pretty CARPET in the hallways, the largest 32" tvs for each patient.... but mostly it was the decor and the smiles and alertness on the patients' faces. Nobody was sitting there looking dead. All the elderly people were talking, smiling, doing something. That says a lot to me. I will update. She is going there tonight for her rehab.

Not Impressed

Not really impressed with their memory care. It looked like an insane asylum. It didn't look anything like a place that you would want to live out the rest of your life.

First one I looked at. Very nice.

First one I looked at. Very nice.

Stratford Court, a premiere senior living community, is located on the west coast of Florida between Tampa and St. Petersburg in picturesque Palm Harbor. Our community is conveniently located minutes from Tampa International Airport but provides our residents with small town amenities such as diversified shopping, cultural exposure and canal views from many of our residents' balconies. Minutes away from Tampa Bay and the Gulf of Mexico, Palm Harbor provides all the benefits of coastal living. We pride ourselves in providing active seniors with the good life they have always enjoyed without the responsibility of home management.

At Stratford Court, our residents enjoy life in a luxury rental community with no expensive purchase or endowment. We offer a continuum of care with Independent Living apartments, Assisted Living suites and complete Skilled Nursing/Rehabilitation care. Exquisite dining, meticulous housekeeping and a wide variety of activities are just a portion of our residents' experience when they make Stratford Court their home.

Sunrise Independent Living is for seniors who want to maintain their rich and rewarding life without the responsibilities of running a household. Here, you’re given independence and options. We offer a choice of apartment floor plans, restaurant-style dining, housekeeping services, exercise and wellness programs, and much more. It’s ideal if you’re an active senior who wants to focus on the things you enjoy most in life, but yet have assistance available should you need it.