Sun Towers - Sun City Center, FL

Perfect for My Dad

I am local, and researched many assisted living facilities in Sun City Center and found Sun Towers to be the best fit for my Dad. We moved him here July 2017 from Connecticut to be closer to me. All personnel: Concierge [name removed], administration, front desk, nursing, dining hall, housekeeping, maintenance – everyone – is courteous, friendly and caring. We contracted for the moderate assistance program – independent living, with his meds delivered and help with showers, laundry, etc, but meals in the main dining hall. Most staff is long term, and know the residents personally. For example, one day having lunch with my Dad, he passed right by the desserts; the lunch lady gave me a chocolate pudding with a smile, saying "he really likes this, take it for him" (and yes, he enjoyed it). I cannot give enough credit to [name removed] and the nursing staff; what a wonderful and supportive group. Everyone I dealt with gave me peace of mind that we made the right decision, and my Dad was well cared for. This is an older facility, but well maintained and they are constantly making upgrades and improvements. The new social area on the ground floor is fantastic. The only complaint I ever heard from a resident is they felt "too young"; judge for yourself when you tour. I genuinely and absolutely recommend Sun Towers.

Review of Sun Towers - Sun City Center, FL

Well done. Organized good, food excellent. Well planned.

Review of Sun Towers - Sun City Center, FL

The service was outstanding because [of] the personnel [was] outstanding. The personnel [was] outstanding because the supervisory and management was outstanding.

Review of Sun Towers - Sun City Center, FL

The service was excellent management and staff of all departments did an outstanding job in all areas of caring for us (the residents), No complaints.

Very Good.

It is Outstanding!

Review of Sun Towers - Sun City Center, FL

Many thanks to our wonderful administrator and all the sweet people who helped to get us through hurricane Irma. Thanks for the lovely cookies that came just before taking the elevator back to our apartments, served by the capable team of our therapy department.

God bless you all.

Review of Sun Towers - Sun City Center, FL

Excellent by Sun Towers employees and staff.

*Everything was super!
*Opening the hallway
*Boarding the windows
*Meals was great

Review of Sun Towers - Sun City Center, FL

I am glad to have this opportunity to congratulate you on your thoughtfulness and thoroughness in handling the recent weather situation, especially the following:

1. Opening up the hallway.
2. Removing and replacing our patio furniture.
3. Assisting us to the 1st floor in an orderly manner.
4. Giving us the option of entertaining ourselves while awaiting news, as well as servicing drinks, etc.
5. Assisting us in getting back to our rooms where the doors were unlocked & lights on to welcome us back home.!

Review of Sun Towers - Sun City Center, FL

[removed] and his entire staff you have done a wonderful job taking care of your clients and the families of your staff. We felt very safe and the most wonderful thing of all was fresh baked cookies at midnight. Thank you many times over.

Review of Sun Towers - Sun City Center, FL

I cannot thank [removed] enough for all the services he arranged for the residents of the towers and for our safety. He was the man of the hour. even making coffee and having it served at 11:30 p.m. His employees also did a great job serving and helping people. All very kind with a simile. He made a terrifying experience into a positive situation. Than you again.

Review of Sun Towers - Sun City Center, FL

The care was excellent. The staff went over the top to make us feel safe and comfortable.

Review of Sun Towers - Sun City Center, FL

Excellent job to everyone! Very organized.

Review of Sun Towers - Sun City Center, FL

I couldn't have been taken care of better and I am even so grateful. I am so thankful that I was living here and received such good care and attention. I am 99 years old and I am glad to be living here [where] I get good care and attention. I thank you every day for all of my blessings.

Service - Excellent

-Tremendous Job
-Great teamwork
-Very professional
-Kept us safe and sound
-Lots of very hard work

Well appreciated!

Great to see young ones in [the] theater.

Review of Sun Towers - Sun City Center, FL

I felt the staff did a wonderful job preparing us, evacuating us and doing their best to see to our safety, our comfort and our needs. We were kept well hydrated and were given help when requested. Also, my son [removed] appreciated the texts sent from Sun Towers keeping him updated on what was happening here. Everyone worked so hard both leading up to Irma, during Irma, and in the aftermath.

Review of Sun Towers - Sun City Center, FL

Planning had to be very good for so much that was accomplished. Hats off to those who took such care & planning.

Review of Sun Towers - Sun City Center, FL

Everybody was fantastic! They did so well I think the residents should have a party for them.

Review of Sun Towers - Sun City Center, FL

It was well planned and executed.

Review of Sun Towers - Sun City Center, FL

I am happy to say that I was treated with respect by all the workers.

Review of Sun Towers - Sun City Center, FL

[removed] did an excellent job coordinating everything for "IRMA". He and his staff got everybody downstairs on Sunday 9-10 on Thursday or Friday before storm-maintenance took all the furniture off the lunai for safety. We enjoyed food and fresh baked cookies and beverages. We were allowed to go to our apartments around 1-1:30 A.M Monday morning 9-11.

Review of Sun Towers - Sun City Center, FL

You handled the situation in a very calm way. It was very well handled. There was all calm and a very quiet atmosphere was everywhere.

Review of Sun Towers Sun City Center, FL

TRIPLE WOW-ie!!! We here at The Towers and The Terrace were blessed three times. First, we were blessed when Mother Nature (Our Father in Heaven) down-sized Cat 2 Hurricane Irma from a Cat 2 to a Cat 1 just prior to approaching Sun City Center, FL. We were blessed again by all of the pre Irma preparation; the organized and efficient roll call as we were all ushered from our apartments down to the preparation rooms on the first floor; and the post Irma work of cleaning up in and around our building after the fact. All of these things were directed by our very capable management team and carried out by them and by their very efficient in-house employees. All staff members and the in-house workers were with us every step of the way from our apartment departure of around 4pm on Sunday until we were escorted back to our apartments nine hours later at approximately 1am Monday. I am so grateful to all involved here in Sun Towers and Sun Terrace; by having all of their employees downstairs with us, serving food and drinks and helping us in any way that was necessary. Our high anxiety level was indeed lower a lot with their presence and that was our third blessing! YOU ARE THE BEST-------Out of 5 Stars I give you a 5-Plus. Thanks.

Debbie Caneen

Thank you for sharing your great experience! It is our pleasure to provide you with a feeling of security.

Review of Sun Towers Sun City Center, FL

Hats off to T.J. and his outstanding staff. They looked after our every need. We did not have to worry about a thing. Kept us informed. The staff treated us really wonderful. Also the info hot line for the family was really appreciated.

Debbie Caneen

Thank you for the kind words!

Review of Sun Towers Sun City Center, FL

Excellent job done! The organization was fantastic and the activities were fun. We felt very safe and up to date on what was happening. We were so fortunate that we had no power outages, but felt all was covered as much as could have been expected. Again, job well done!

Debbie Caneen

Thank you for your kind words. We are happy that our planning allowed you to feel secure in your home during the storm.

Review of Sun Towers Sun City Center, FL

I knew about the "Towers" when i lived at another community. I knew I could no longer keep my home because of physical issues. I didn't know about the "staff" at the time. Everyone is "special"! They all do a good job! All are pleasant and able to be prompt!! The front desk staff, dining room (even though young) and maintenance are just some of my favorites. T.J., your help for all the residents covered every possible service!!!

Debbie Caneen

Thank you Bev! We are blessed to have you with us!

Review of Sun Towers Sun City Center, FL

From the minute that a staff member knocked on our door to advise us to evacuate our apartment, it was clear that a well organized plan was in effect, and it was well conceived and implemented. We stayed in the theatre, which had plentiful water and juice. Showing these movies helped pass the time as pleasantly as possible. I was impressed by the availability of staff, and they were courteous and helpful (as always) to residents who needed assistance. I was also pleased to see that children of staff members were provided for. Finally, the cookies that were served around midnight were a nice touch. Overall, you made what could have been an awful night into a reasonable experience.

Debbie Caneen

Hurricane Irma really brought us all together. We're so happy that you were comfortable during the storm.

Review of Sun Towers Sun City Center, FL

We cannot express our thanks enough for the thoughtful care and how organized the variety of departments came together. During the long evenings food and drinks were served, movies shown and medicine was distributed. Having the families of the staff showed concern for the community. Special Thanks.

Debbie Caneen

It was our pleasure. Our residents are our family!

Review of Sun Towers Sun City Center, FL

I highly commend everyone at Sun Towers for their competent and able staff during Irma. Everything was well planned and carried out in an excellent manor. The staff were wonderful. Not only did they see to our every need and comfort, but showed such confidence that I was not worried come what may. Thank you to all who made it a very pleasant experience! The families of the staff were extremely nice too!

Debbie Caneen

Thank you for the kind words. Your comfort was our greatest concern.

Review of Sun Towers Sun City Center, FL

The service provided during the hurricane was nearly perfect. The employees were kind, considerate, but firm to get us safely to the first floor-hopefully out of harm's way. T.J. was everywhere, calming people down always with a smile. . .always helping. . .Jerry from food service came around with trays of cookies to put a smile on our faces. Personal delivery of breakfast to our room the next day was a delight! You made a scary experience almost like fun! Congratulations!!

Thank you!

Review of Sun Towers Sun City Center, FL

A beautiful job by a cooperative staff with the most skillful leadership I have seen in a long experience in military and professional organization. What great protection!

Debbie Caneen

We're so happy you felt that way!

Review of Sun Towers Sun City Center, FL

Glad I was here and not in the condo. I left in Kingspoint-employees were great!

Debbie Caneen

We're glad you were with us too!

Review of Sun Towers Sun City Center, FL

We were delighted to experience such a great way your dedicated employees are in their effort to protect our life and the difficult situation we had at hand. We find it was handled in the most compassionate way. This made us feel safe. We thank you for the bottom of our hearts.

Our pleasure!

Review of Sun Towers Sun City Center, FL

I am a resident of Sun Towers for 14 years, I've been through many hurricane alerts. I am so pleased with the planning this year and the results of safety precautions that happened for "Irma". Plans went together seamlessly and we were made comfortable despite our concerns of being out of our apartments. Hot food was served, workers were comforting and reassuring and how great that they stayed here on the campus with us. How kind they were to us in times that were trying for them and their families. Staff planned efficient protection, moving and feeding of us residents and care for those who needed extra assistance. Sun Towers staff did a marvelous job for us. . .my heartfelt thanks to Director Sylvain for his excellent leadership.

Debbie Caneen

Your kind words are much appreciated.

Review of Sun Towers Sun City Center, FL

I would like to take this moment to enthusiastically congratulate the entire management and staff on a job well done during storm (Irma). It was so reassuring to know and feel so secure and safe having you the staff of Sun Towers looking out for our personal welfare and safety. We could see and feel the sincere concern on your behalf for the residents. I would like to share with you the sincere and heartfelt thank you from each and every one of us to each and every one of you. We are extremely fortunate to have folks as yourselves watching and tending to our needs. For all you did on our behalf from the bottom of our hearts to each and every one of you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

No, thank you!

Sun Towers facilities and activities are all under "one roof"

after living at Sun Towers since November 2016, I find the Towers and its staff to be pleasant and helpful. Food is exceptional for a large facility like the Towers. Activities can keep one as busy as they want to be.
As my wife was falling further into Alzheimer's, I wish now that we had moved to the Towers then and could live in a safe facility for her remaining days.

Anticipation!

As I have visited Sun Towers only twice, I have found the facility to be clean, attractive decor, and a lot of amenities that are lacking in some that cost much more. I intend to make Sun Towers my new home as soon as possible. I look forward to being able to participate in so many different activities that are mentioned on the monthly calander. Thank you for your kindness and help in searching for my new home!

Debbie Caneen

We are excited to have you!

Beware of Medication Assistance Mistakes & Fraud Endangering Loved Ones Life

I brought my mother back home to Maine to live with me June 2016.
She rented a 1room apt but paid for her medications to be monitored/administered.
The medical (wellness program) there [Removed] her health/well being and life!!
I would travel from Maine and stay to visit her for several days at a time. Each time I would visit I would experience/discover serious mistakes in her medication care that we were trusting this facility to do--
*- one SEVERE instance was a Med-Tech girl signing her initials in moms cart/medical record that she had given my mother her evening medications-- I was in her apartment and she NEVER came-- In hindsight I should have pressed charges for falsifying my mothers medical record--- side note- this girl was on 90 day evaluation to be hired-- the supervisor hired her anyway... I stated to the supervising nurse that this girl should not have any further contact with my mother....
* I next returned to visit my mother several months later and this girl was hired and was dispensing my mothers meds again--- I caught her missing one of my mothers pills and not knowing how to "charge" my mothers inhaler properly-- I went to the director of the facility and filed a complaint
*-on several other visits I caught instances where different different med-techs would "miss" giving my mother 1 or 2 of her medications
*- on one occasion (that I was there to catch) they got my mother mixed up with another resident with a similar name- If I hadn't caught it Mom would have gotten someone elses medications!!!
* the "last straw" for me was my last visit I over heard a group of med-techs talking--- one girl said "my friend really needs a job"... a boy responded "hey, get her to work here.... especially on night shift cause you rally don't have to do anything.... AND IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE THE OLD PEOPLE WON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE ANYHOW--
I did report this to several administrators--- apparently the boy was fired.... But this was enough for me and my family---
My mother was in [Removed] there under the assisted living option we were paying for and trusting to handle her medications.
In June 2016 I rented a u-haul truck hired a great family moving company who packed us up and we drove together stopping & visiting family along the way and made it back home to our coastal Maine family farm.
It is/has been difficult but I am fortunate that I am able to care for and have my mother live back home in the farmhouse she was born in Maine and be able to spend the time we have left together.
No one can care for family better than family--- Be vigilant and watchful of the treatment of your loved one(s) at this (or any) facility-- It could mean the difference between lif or death or --- missing or wrong medications could [Removed] health and cause hospital/nursing home needs
Respectfully
[Removed]

Staff to resident ratio is lowMeals...

Staff to resident ratio is low
Meals are fair at best
Response is not great when buzzed
While repainted recently, cleanliness is fair

Great Extended Congregate Care

Our experience with the care and friendliness of the staff has been outstanding. The only negative has been the food, but I think that is a common problem. But my mother is in assisted living with Extended Congregate Care because she has a colostomy and cannot take care of it herself. The staff have been very respectful of her feelings in this delicate matter. I highly recommend Sun Towers.

Our community is in the heart of Sun City Center, Florida with shopping, dining, and geriatric physicians conveniently located within golf carting distance. Sun City Center is the “Mecca” of retirement communities within Hillsborough County and only 20 minutes from Tampa or St. Petersburg.

We are unique from others in the area as we offer a very active Independent living lifestyle in a choice of nine different very spacious floor plans. Our residents receive compassionate Assisted Living services without being required to relocate to another apartment. We also provide Extended Congregate Care and Skilled Nursing along with a secured Memory Care community all under one very large roof enabling residents to truly “Age in Place”. Should our residents require outpatient therapy, we have a newly remodeled, state of the art therapy department for their benefit.

Amenities available on site include a swimming pool, in house beauty salon, chapel, library and country store. Transportation, housekeeping, three chef prepared meals per day and utilities are all included. We are fortunate to have four full time activity directors who provide an active social calendar for our residents and we are a pet friendly community.