University Place - Abilene, TX

[Removed] was very helpful and a delight to meet. I liked the facility and the location is very convenient.

Thought University place was a very nice independent living place. Not specifically set up as assisted living but individual can have help come in during the day. Liked the area as it was closer to family. Still I am not ready at this point to make a major change. This was a”looking” visit!

Excellent Tour

We had an excellent tour of this community. Everything went very well overall. The community was nice, and tidy from what we saw. The staff was polite, and answered our questions. This community is very similar to the one we decided to go with. Unfortunately the other community location was more convenient.

Care for family

This is a nice community with good care and nice staff. We like that this community is clean and taken care of. The variety of meals are good and she is pleased with the menu. She is liking the activiites. We would recommend the value of the care that is received here from this nice community for other families.

Private kitchen!

We chose this place for my mother because they offer a private kitchen in her living quarters. The community is very clean and the staff is informative. They offer activities but my mother has yet to participate.

We have been pretty happy with them so far.

We have been pretty happy with them so far. I couldn't put my finger on any one thing, I have just been really impressed with the way the residents have welcomed my mom, they all help each other out. The staff is really good, and the food is good. It's kept very clean. Price was a plus as well, it was affordable for my mother's budget. This was our first choice place, because though we looked at a lot of good ones, this is the one that best fit our needs, and we have been pretty happy.

It's been pretty good so far.

It's been pretty good so far. She seems to enjoy it. Their food is great. It's more like going into a restaurant, you get a menu with two choices, the waitstaff brings the food out, and the manager walks around and makes sure it's good. They have lots of activities. They were even a little bit less than others in the area. I think we are getting a good value for our money. Everyone is really helpful.

Perfect Place For Mom

University Place has been an answer to my prayers. My Mom's physical health had been declining for about the last 6 months. She began talking about moving to assisted living. We made appointment with Shelley for a tour and were very impressed. She was very kind and interested in my Mom's needs and concerns. She provided great information and answered all of our questions. We left there feeling very positive about the place. Mom was not ready to make the final decision yet and Shelley was very understanding. She was very good to keep in touch with us and let us know what was going on there. An accident at home put everything in motion. Mom is now living there and is making a good adjustment. Meeting people there has been quite effortless for her. Everyone from the staff to the already residence have made it easier for her. I do not worry as much about her being alone. There is always something for her to do now. I always feel welcome when I visit.

I really do not have any criticism about them. They have taken really good care of my grand mother really well and I like the place and my grandmother does too. Choosing this facility was a good decision.

It was a nice place, clean, and the staff was friendly.

This is one of the places I toured. It was a nice place, clean, and the staff was friendly. They seemed to be pretty attentive, and the activities looked good. Overall it looked like a pretty good place.

Very nice place!

Overall we've had a good experience with University Place! It's clean, the people are friendly, and they serve some delicious food! They have plenty of amenities and care options available as well. They're able to do 24 hour care for an additional charge, if necessary. They've also got plenty of parking and covered parking available, which is nice!

Found a place the same day!

I really appreciate the help that I got from those at Senior Advisor. The place that we decided on was what we thought just a retirement living center. But they had just started a new program a few days earlier called Catered Living. The home care people that come in are very friendly and my mother just loves having them around! It's one less thing that I have to worry about.

VISITED AND A 1 BEDROOM...

VISITED AND A 1 BEDROOM APT ON THE FIRST FLOOR OBTAINED AND WILL BE MOVING MOTHER IN ON TUESDAY. THEY HAVE A NURSE AVAILABLE EVERYDAY FROM 7A TO 7P.

It was a nice place. Barbar...

It was a nice place. Barbara was helpful and informative.

University Place

Retirement is the time to enjoy the things that are truly important to you: family, friends, and your favorite activities. Don’t let the burdens of home maintenance, worries about transportation, or the desire for security detract from your well-being and enjoyment of life. University Place is a community where you can enjoy a safe, comfortable lifestyle with services and amenities that make each day a little easier and more enjoyable.

Our studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments each include a kitchenette or full kitchen, full bath, spacious closets, living and dining room, and space for your favorite furnishings. Plus you have use of all our community areas, including our beautifully landscaped courtyard with fountains and a fish pond, private walking path with benches and a gazebo, lobby with large-screen TV and Friday movie night, and chapel with worship services and activities for all faiths.

Enjoy living in beautiful surroundings with great neighbors who become good friends. You will feel secure knowing you have trusted staff upon whom you can rely. Enjoy all that Abilene has to offer at University Place, Abilene’s best choice for senior living!