• Light Housekeeping
  • Fitness Center

Very nice and new looking, despite its age

My Aunt really likes it here. It’s a very nice place and she’s able to have her dog with her, which was very important. There’s even an indoor courtyard that she can bring her dog to so she doesn’t have to go outside. The staff is very nice and everyone that takes care of her has been very easy to communicate with. They also have a nurse on staff and the housekeeping cleans the rooms and does the laundry frequently. They have a list that they put in the lobby and elevator with all of the activities they provide like card games and trips to the symphony or shopping once a week. For the holidays, they brought in bell ringers from a church nearby to help entertain the residents. We were able to eat there with her but the food was laughable. We paid $7 each to eat with her in the evening and they didn’t give us a lot to eat. It was good food, but it was a very small meal. They did have an open house with a buffet at the time (that we weren’t aware of until later) so that may be why the meal was so small. Overall, the place is great and looks very nice inside despite its age. I would definitely recommend them.

A tour for care

This tour was not what we were wanting. It had a feeling of being in a hotel and not a comfortable environment. The management was helpful to answer the questions on the care that is given.This did not have a comfortable atmosphere.They offer nice activities

Matthew Sage

We are sorry that you had an unpleasant experience on your tour.

Please give us a chance to make it up to you by offering you a free lunch on us. You can contact me (Matthew Sage - Dir. of Sales & Marketing) at [removed] or [removed]

Top notch kind of place!

We are very happy with the care that Royal Estates of San Angelo is providing to our loved one. They offer a variety of fun activities for the residents to partake in and enjoy. The community has a nice variety of meal options for mom to enjoy. The community is very well kept and clean throughout. It is nicely updated and I would give him a 6 out of 5!!

Matthew Sage

Thank you for the nice review. It's always a pleasure servicing the families of our residents. ~ Matthew Sage (Dir. of Sales & Marketing)

New Resident Concerns

My mother has lived at Royal Estates a little over two weeks now. She was hospitalized 4 of those days so I would say that she is really a new resident.
When we signed the contract, we found out the facility had a new owner. I attended a meeting that was open to the family members of the residents and felt the communication was adequate and my questions were answered. How this new company will be is yet to be determined.
I am also giving Royal Estates a lower rating at this time as we found the maintenance on the apartment less that adequate. It did not appear the apartment was inspected and maintenance issues noted and repaired prior to her move in. I contacted the maintenance manager and showed him several items. None of these repairs have been made as if this writing.
The schedule for housekeeping, bathing, and laundry seems to be a mystery. We have yet to figure out when my mother is scheduled for these service. I am working with the head of the Assisted Living on some of these issues and hope to get them worked out quickly.
I would like to leave a new review in a month or so after we have some of the new resident kinks worked out.

Review of Royal Estates of San Angelo - San Angelo, TX

The staff is nice and some care more than others, but I'm glad I'm here.

Review of Royal Estates of San Angelo - San Angelo, TX

R.E.'s staff stuck by and assisted my Aunt through extraordinarily difficult times due to which she had to get a divorce from her husband. They assisted and protected her as much as legally possible. Their care made a difficult time much more manageable.

Matthew Sage

Thank you for your review, Mr. Kuykendall!

Review of Royal Estates of San Angelo - San Angelo, TX

I moved from a large home into this small apartment. It was hard. Now it is home and I am happy. The staff has made me feel so comfortable. I've made so many new friends and the fun activities have kept me busy. This is where I belong. I'm grateful to be a part of this community.

Matthew Sage

Thank you for your review, Joan!

Review of Royal Estates of San Angelo - San Angelo, TX

Excellent accommodations. Many activities to choose from. Variety of food options that are well prepared. Staff is always very helpful.

Matthew Sage

Thank you for your review Foy!

Review of Royal Estates of San Angelo - San Angelo, TX

I have enjoyed living here at Royal Estates - I have made a lot of new friends and I feel safe here. So far - so good!

Matthew Sage

Thank you for your review Mrs. Richardson!

Matthew Sage, DSM

My husband and I visited for my father in law. It was all real nice, but afraid it was a little to large and wasn't sure he'd get the individual care and attention that we believe he may need. If you are mobile and outgoing this may be the place for you! Lots of social activities.

Matthew Sage

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. If there is anything that I can do to ease your concerns about individual care and attention for your father-in-law - feel free to e-mail me at [removed]. Thanks again for the review.

It's OK.

Everyone here is very nice. They go out of their way too help you!!!! But it is not home. I may be here 30yrs. 3yrs. Or 3months. I wish I would have used my VA benifits and got a VA loan too buy a house. I think in the long run I could have saved a lot of money!! I do agin want to say everyone here are very niceand they go out of their way to help you.

Matthew Sage

Thank you for your review, Mr. Duden!

Director of Sales & Marketing

This is a great property. ...

This is a great property. Sadly, my dad will be moving from San Angelo.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Didn't give the care they said they could

The reason I give them a 2 is that my father moved in there and has since moved into a nursing home. But when we moved him here my brother and I went over there and talked to them and explained the my father might need som additional assistance, well, he did. He had a situation where he required someone to be with him 24 hours a day. They told us they were able to handle stuff and all of a sudden its "we cant do this, we cant do that" and I understand assisted living is different from nursing, but when they tell us they can handle certain things and then say they can't... they should have spelled this out. It was a nice place and everything, and maybe if we have moved him in a couple months earlier he may have been more active, but they should have said what they can do and what they can't.

SLC Texas

We are sorry that you did not have a better experience. In order to provide a personalized care plan we assess residents upon move-in and subsequently every 90-days or upon a change in condition. In some cases, upon a change in a residents condition, we are no longer able to safely care for our residents or we recommend you supplement our care package with additional services from a third party agency. In cases where we can unfortunately no longer care for a resident we will refer you to another quality option within the community. We are sorry that your father did not reside with us longer but are confident he is being well cared for in his new home.

They've Got It Right!

I can only say that they've got it right. We've very very happy. It's a very good environment. The activities are just non stop! They have happy hour every Friday and they have Walmart day on Wednesdays - all kind of things. The place is run by the residents. They have committees for everything, to decide the menu and the trips. It's great!

Matthew Sage

Thank you for your review John!

Matthew Sage, DSM

We found the Royal Estates to be a gr...

We found the Royal Estates to be a great facility. The director was very helpful and the facility is a beautiful and positive place for my mom to move to the next phase of her life. We toured several facilities in our price range and hands down chose the Royal Estates.

Beautiful, perfect location

Beautiful, perfect location

Director of Sales & Marketing

From gracious independent-style living to assisted living, Lyndale at San Angelo offers a broad range of living options and services to meet your changing needs. As needs change, we will be here for you or your loved one.

We are proud of our attentive staff, landscaped grounds, spacious apartment homes and beautiful lounges and dining rooms. A Lyndale lifestyle includes access to our unique Fit For Life™ fitness and wellness program, Brain Health University and Dining for Wellness, which includes chef-prepared meals made with fresh, seasonal ingredients.

For those who require support with activities of daily living, such as bathing and dressing, we offer assisted living services tailored to individual needs.

Residents at Lyndale at San Angelo love our many facilities, fun-filled activities programs, frequent excursions, scheduled transportation, and our daily well-balanced, chef prepared meals. Find out more about the Lyndale lifestyle by contacting us today.