Treemont Retirement Community - Dallas, TX

“We have an exceptionally vibrant, friendly and highly experienced staff that always strives to put our residents first.” Treemont Retirement Community was established in 1973 and has a strong and proud heritage in the Dallas area. We are centrally located near Preston Hollow, one mile south of the Dallas Galleria on Harvest Hill Road between the North Dallas Tollway and Preston Road. The community is close to the areas best shopping and dining opportunities, as well as major medical centers like Medical City, Presbyterian Dallas and Baylor.

Treemont is surrounding by beautiful, mature trees and landscaping with lovely patios and courtyards. Our apartment-style community offers all the conveniences of home without any of the work. Treemont features its own fitness center, library, move/media room, full-service beauty salon, computer center, convenience store, putting green shuffleboard court, dog park, gardening area and complimentary laundry facilities. Our spacious apartment homes offer a variety of floor plans with ceiling fans, walk-in closets, individual climate control, full kitchens and emergency pull cords. With restaurant-style dining and unsurpassed service, we offer three delicious and nutritious meals daily.

Our award-winning Signature Programs offer a wide variety of top-notch services. With an exciting array of social, educational and cultural programs, residents are encouraged to renew their old interests and explore new ones. Residents enjoy outings with our transportation services and community programs like Forever Fit, Healthy Aging lectures and leadership forums.

Call today to arrange a visit, and experience for yourself the meaningful lifestyle our residents enjoy every day.

Long Time Residency - Happy Memories

I can’t begin to express my appreciation for all of the staff at Treemont Retirement Community. The environment was comfortable and inviting, and the staff as well as activities were stellar. My mother was able to live in a Independent Living there with some added services for almost 10 years. After two hospital stays that involved rehab, she was able to return and continue onsite rehab. When it was time to move to Assisted Living/memory care, it was like leaving family. All the staff were great but the Executive Director was tops in the industry. She is personally involved in wanting the best for all the residents and went the extra mile for my mother. My son and I will always be greatful for the love and care mom received there for so many years. I still miss the people and the environment. Circumstances dictated that mom needed to move over a year ago but living there was the right place for my mother. There are some staff that reach out to see how mom is doing which is rather unusual in the elder care environment.

Nice Tour

We had a nice tour of the Treemont Retirement Community. The staff was friendly and it was a well-kept community. There was no vacancy at the time when we needed to move our loved one.

A great place

I can not say enough about how good this community is. Mom enjoys the food and the large amount of activities they offer. The manager is awesome and acknowledges every resident by name. This community is the highest quality and has the best people for the price. I have not had any problems with this community and I would recommend it.

good activities, very active staff- lovely premises, healthcare and rehab on site. Apts were very small - even the largest 2 bedrooms were way too small. Very active happy hour!

A great community

The staff at this community has been nice, friendly and helpful. The food is good and they offer a lot of daily activities. They keep the community clean and well maintained. I would recommend this community.

We are very happy!

The Treemont has been a very good fit for my mother. The sales guy, Dj, was great. The service is excellent and the staff is all very friendly. The place is clean and maintained well. They provide meals which are included in the monthly amount, and they are very good from what she has told me. They have a nice range of options for activities as well. She goes to things like happy hour and gets together.

Treemont Retirement Community is Great

My mother loves it at Treemont. The staff is friendly and her experience has been that the residents are very inclusive. She likes that it is casual, a very homelike atmosphere.

Dissapointment

Moved our parents in Treemont at the end of October and have been most disappointed. The food is a joke. We moved our parents because they were no longer able to cook for themselves. The very small portions and the quality is sad. Fish sticks or Mexican food daily...one for lunch the other for dinner. Wait staff asked..do you want 1 or 2 tacos? And you may be lucky to get a little rice with it. We are having to buy dinners and deliver to them and buy food they can supplement their meals with. We will be moving them out as soon as the lease is up. We've learned our lesson and will be looking for a new place. They put on a good show for family when you come in to look over the place but after you're they it's not at all what you were hoping it would be.
Very disappointed and sad that our parents have to stay for 8 more months.
We have spoken with management and other residents as well - but to no avail.
I can not recommend Treemont Dallas.

Not Impressed!!

I would not recommend the Treemont Retirement Community because of the lack of attention from the staff. During one of my visits, I pressed the button to call for a nurse just to test it out, and the nurse never came. I went to her desk in the lobby and no one was there, just flashing lights from all of the residents who were also requiring attention. When I brought it to the administration's attention, the nurse said she was on break when this was happening. The facility was not clean, the maintenance could use work. When I would walk in, the residents would always be just sitting in their wheelchairs against the wall.

Dark Hallways!

The Treemont was a formal larger community. The hallways were long and dark, felt like it would be easy for residents to get lost. The rooms were nice but the rooms did not have immediate access to an outside area.

Great help in relocating my Mom

They have been very helpful in the move of my Mom to Texas. We appreciate all the assistance they have provided!

Attentive Staff!!

The staff at this property have been very attentive to my loved ones needs and have made sure he is remaining comfortable. His bedroom is always kept clean and very well maintained for him. He is also enjoying the company of the other residents as well as the various activities they offer throughout the week. I would recommend this place to anyone looking into retirement.

Heaven on Earth!

It is heaven on Earth!

Not A Good Fit

My loved one is no longer here. He did not have the best experience and was not a good match for him. It seemed a bit chaotic for him which made him feel uncomfortable.

I feel better with him at Treemont!!

The staff are attentive, nice and very accommodating. They offer tons of activities and they are working with him to get him more involved. He loves the food and they keep the community clean. I would recommend this community,

Everyone at the Treemont is very friendly and helpful. They want to ensure that your loved one is cared for and do everything possible to meet your needs. I have tremendous peace of mind knowing that my father is living in a nice, safe and friendly place. The service provided by the community is invaluable.

I would move into Treemont if I could!!!

The residents at this community seem very well cared for and everybody always dresses nice. The staff are excellent and help my sister whenever she needs it. The food is amazing and they have a variety of choices. There are plenty of activities to keep her busy all day long. I would highly recommend Treemont as it seems more like a resort than a retirement community.

Great Place

Staff very friendly and helpful. Mom fit right in and cannot stop raving how great the food and people great are.

Treemont is a Treat!

Treemont is like being on a luxury cruise without the water. The meals are first class. Everything is kept clean and comfortable. And the friendly, smiling staff goes out of their way to be helpful.

Location Is Great

The staff and location and community is great we are very pleased. My mother has adjusted well to the move and the staff is really helpful with her outta her room and to be a part of the activities they have going on there so I'm very pleased with that. The community in a whole is very nice clean I've had no concerns there and the location is great and close to us. Everything is going great. We would recommend this community.

Dad is very happy living at Treemont, and the family is relieved knowing he is comfortable and safe.

Review of Treemont Retirement Community-Dallas, Tx

We were given a tour by D.J. He was very friendly and knowledgeable. We really liked the facility, and it had great amenities, I really liked so much being included in the price, but the cost of the rent there, plus the medicines we have to buy each month would take our entire income. The property was very clean and the residents we did see seemed very friendly and outgoing. D.J. was willing to try to work with us on the price, but as much as I would like to live there, it is just above our means. I would definitely recommend it to someone with a higher income than ours.

I am Happy!!

Everything is wonderful here! The staff is great! The food is phenomenal! It's been A1 since day one! I have a beautiful 2 bedroom apartment! They are highly recommended and I couldn't be happier! Thank you to Ann Marie from A Place For Mom for helping me! She is a sweetheart!

So far she is doing great there.

So far she is doing great there. We haven't had any complaints come up about maintenance or food, or anything. So far I would give them a five, we are pretty happy with it.

Peaceful Place

Great independent livinh style. Feels like just home and when help and support is needed, then it's available. Getting to know people in the same situation is also great. Like it a lot and it's very serene and peaceful.

Friendly, welcoming staff!

Our experience with Treemont Retirement has been a very good one! It's a nice looking place, and everyone seems very friendly. The staff really go out of their way to make you feel welcome!

Fun To Live Here

I have been very happy at the Treemont. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. The other residents have been wonderful too and very accepting and are always willing to help and answer questions I might have. It is just fun to live here.

Amazing

Treemont is amazing. It is beautiful inside and out, with a very comfortable vibe when you walk in. It is always clean and smells great. This place is a great value because you get a lot of bang for your buck. The dining room is elegant and the food is delicious. The staff is wonderful and they are so kind and patient with the residents. We also love the amount of activities there are so that the residents are never bored.

They have been fabulous. They have just been a godsend.

They have been fabulous. They have just been a godsend. I can't say enough good things about them. I think they should get a 20 out of five!!! I would recommend them to anyone. They are wonderful! I can't even pick one thing in particular that I like best, because it's all so good.

So far I'm really impressed.

So far I'm really impressed. I have eaten lunch there three times, and was delighted with the food. She seems very happy, goes to the activities, and has made friends. We are really happy. Everyone has been super nice. They seemed to be less expensive than others in the area, and with all the amenities, I thought it was very reasonable.

A Fine Place

They did not really set realistic expectations as far as timelines, like when their construction would be finished, like with the dining room and such. But other than that, everything else with the place is fine.

Why wait

Recently my 77 year old father moved into Treemont. He absolutely loves it. Before, he was home all day alone at my sister's house. Since he needs help getting around, he did nothing but watch TV all day. Now, he is much more active and has plenty of people to talk too. We all wish he had made this move earlier.

This is the first place I visited and probably could be the last. Everyone was warm and inviting and the atmosphere was very comfortable. I was most impressed with the dining room which feels more like a fine dining restaurant than institutional dining. It is definitely on Mom's list to visit when she comes to Dallas this summer.

I would have not chosen another place for her. We have looked at other ones and this seemed the best place for her. The staff are their for you and your loved one. If their is ever a problem then they come to me and tell me. Cleanness of the facility is awesome and smells good.

Treemont is a dream come true.

I've only lived here for about a week, but it has been great so far. The food is Cordon Blu rated. The location is nice with shopping within walking distance. It's in an older neighborhood, but that's good because it is very quiet. The residents and staff are very friendly and helpful.
I haven't made use of any of the care services, so I can't rate them. The Treemont has many many activities, like many communities of this type, but they genuinely seemed geared to interest the average resident.
The term "community" is bandied about a lot in these type of operation, but I think that The Treemont is a true community, with both the residents and staff caring about, and for, one another. There are many, many long-time residents here, and I intend to live here for the rest of my life!

Deceptive Rent Practices

The only problem I had was the extreme pressure and somewhat deceptive practices. They tell you, "There is a special right now, but you have to rent before February 23, three months free, and put a lot of pressure on you saying this special will end then. But after February 23rd you get a message, we have a special 25% of your annual rent but you must act before March 23rd - exactly the same deal just stated differently. It is dishonest and underhanded, and although I rented it I am not happy with the deal, I took it before February 23rd but since my mom was not moving in until March 14 I did not get a month of free rent as advertised, I had a month with an empty apartment when I could have got the same deal starting on March 14. It really irritates me.

Very nice place!

I think they do a great job at Treemont Retirement! It's a nice looking place, and the staff have been very welcoming and friendly! They're really putting a lot of effort into helping her get settled in and meeting people. They've switched her dining seating multiple times to make sure she gets put with people she gets along with. I would definitely recommend this place to those looking into senior living in the area!

A bit too 'city' - would li...

A bit too 'city' - would like to get more suburban/rural if possible. Definitely will need a kitchenette. Hoping to steer more toward the independent style of living for now.

Overall they seem to be doing a pretty good job.

Overall Treemont Nursing and Rehabilitation Center seems to be doing a pretty good job. The staff is really friendly. I don't live nearby, but so far we haven't had any complaints, or concerns. They seem to be taking very good care of her.

Treemont is a good choice

The Treemont staff sets them apart from other retirement communities. They really went above and beyond to help me through the choices in helping to find my mom a place to enjoy her remaining years. I had dinner there one evening to check out the meals and it was excellent. The only negative is the facility is really spread out so getting from one far side to the other or even to the center is a long haul for those with trouble walking already. They do a good job of attempting to overcome this by having activity centers and a secondary dinning hall spread out over the facility though. The activity choices are better and have better resident engagement than other places I looked into. Price is good compared to alternatives, especially considering location. It seems to be a quiet, safe neighborhood.

Very nice in every aspect. ...

Very nice in every aspect. May be a little over budget.

We liked the atmosphere, the apartment is perfect for her needs.

We liked the atmosphere, the apartment is perfect for her needs. I think having someone from the staff sit with the new resident right before or as soon as they move in so they understand the processes, and expectations, would be helpful. Something like an orientation, would be nice. Everyone has been very friendly, and they have been responsive to any concerns that have come up. Their pricing is pretty comparable too.

Wonderful looking community

We toured this option when we were looking into senior housing for our loved one. This place really looked wonderful! Every resident that we saw looked happy and content. It was a little more all-inclusive than what we were looking for, there seemed to be a lot of services that our loved one wouldn't have been interested in. This place is definitely worth a look though, it is very nice.

I can't think of anything to be improved at all.

She is really enjoying it. They are so friendly, they know everybody and the residents are so happy. At first she was looking for the dining room and residents and staff alike offered to help her find it if she needed. The food is good. I can't think of anything to be improved at all.

Very impressed!

So far I've been very impressed by everything this community provides! It's a very clean, charming older building, and the staff have all been very friendly. This is a very active community, and they're great about making sure the residents have the opportunity to be involved and that they know all the activities going on. They're also great about communication, both with families and with the residents. I appreciate the updates they give me, since I am located out of state. They also listen to the comments from the residents and update their activities based on what people want. It's a very active and vibrant community, and it's just what my loved one needed!

My Mother lived at Treemont...

My Mother lived at Treemont for several months until she fell. It was the only place I can remember that she has ever been happy. I so wish she had worn her life alert or that they had a pendant system so she would have been found earlier and been able to stay after she fell.

Treemont: Exceeding Expectations

The staff at the Treemont in Dallas, TX have been a joy to work with. From the management to the staff, they have been friendly, helpful, and eager to provide service. They have exceeded our expectations on nearly every level, and made the difficult transition for my mother as easy as possible. From providing in-room meal service free of charge for the first month, to providing a motorized wheelchair until her new one arrived, they have gone above and beyond our service level expectations to meet our needs. They have been adept at walking the thin line between supportive and intrusive with regard to getting my mother integrated into the community, letting her join in at her own pace.

If there is one thing I would suggest, it would be a more comprehensive new resident orientation between the staff, resident and family. They did a great job letting us know the services available, but, in some cases, failed to convey how to access them. In every case, when we asked how to get something done, we got immediate and cheerful responses. However, it would have been nice to have assigned seating in the dining room, telephone numbers for various services, a map of the facility, etc. upon move-in.

Still, Treemont has been an excellent choice for us. My mother is very happy there, and that is all we can ask.

Very old facilities with ve...

Very old facilities with very small windows and rooms. Would install a small apartment stove.

Pretty Good Just Not Right for Mom

It's independent living and it was pretty good. They try really hard and work with you. My mother needed to be supervised a little more because she is in the beginning stages of dementia and she would wander.

No push or pull string

They are a really good and just a wonderful community. We were really happy with them just needed something they didn't have. They do not have a push button response system, which is something we were requiring. Other then that everything else was great.

Understaffed and Underqualified

I'm not real happy here but I guess it's okay. It's just not for me. I just think the place is old and it reeks. It needs to be remodled. They're really casual on things like security and taking care of people. They're understaffed and underqualified. It's not what I expected.

Did not like the location. ...

Did not like the location. Notcrazy about the rooms. Other residents seemed confused in getting around. could be problem for our Mom. Plus is the physical therapist, SNF and Rehab next door. Prefer not to have assigned seating at dinner if we go with IL. More than likely will not make the cut for the next visit but will discuss with family.

High Marks

They were willing to work with us financially; they gave us a first month discounted rate and even waived a couple of fees. They do serve 3 meals a day and the food is actually really good. The offer a lot of activities to keep the residents busy if they chose to participate. We chose the community because it seemed like everyone was genuinely happy, from the staff to the residents they just all seemed happy to be here. The only thing that could be better is guest parking, it is very limited. Overall the community gets very high marks and we are very pleased with it. We would recommend it to anyone.

Accommodating and Flexible

We dealt with the staff here and they were very friendly and accommodating. They really try and make it better for the residents by being accommodating. The surrounding area is nice and there is lots of trees and beautiful landscaping. There is a very nice mall nearby with lots of shopping available. The community just really seems like a healthy and happy environment for my mom. Mom is happy here so far.

Brother stopped by this facility nd r...

Brother stopped by this facility nd really liked it.

All went well from greeting to tour.

All went well from greeting to tour.

Cable not included.

Cable not included.

Clean, well staffed. Director of Adm...

Clean, well staffed. Director of Admissions, is pleasant, informative and truely likes her job. Too institutional for my taste.

I liked this one a lot. The rooms wer...

I liked this one a lot. The rooms were less appealing, but the rest of it was really nice.

very nice! Staff were so friendly!

very nice! Staff were so friendly!