Edgemere Independent Living Community While the setting may be as regal as a Tuscan mansion, the attitude at Edgemere is definitely down-home and friendly. Edgemere is the only not-for-profit “Life Care" community in Dallas: offering full continuum of care for life … at a predictable price.

Life Care at Edgemere: *90% refundable one-time entrance fee upon resident leaving the campus or to estate *A full array of wellness-focused amenities and cultural programs to engage body and mind.

*Maintenance-free living in a distinctive, premium environment with full concierge-level services included.

*Lifetime priority access to on-campus assisted living, memory care and skilled nursing at The Plaza, guaranteed at little or no additional cost, should it ever be needed.

*You enjoy a degree of security unmatched in the region with protection from rising future health care costs.

The Plaza Assisted Living provides individuals the support they need to get more out of each and every day. Within the comfort of each apartment home, you or your loved ones will feel at ease, knowing our staff of caring professionals is always available to assist with daily tasks, while a variety of services and amenities provide the setting to enjoy the things that matter most.

A Compassionate, Familiar Setting.

The Plaza Assisted Living Memory Care offers a unique memory support program structured and designed to enhance residents’ confidence. The program creates an environment promoting choice and celebrating accomplishments through familiar schedules and surroundings. Our mission is to enhance the lives of our residents and their family members through kindness, compassion and a thorough understanding of the challenges memory loss presents.

Nurturing, Skilled Support.

The Plaza Skilled Nursing offers a lifestyle enriched by unparalleled support. As part of Edgemere’s extraordinary care continuum, our goal is to help residents maintain the highest quality of life poss

I would not recommend this community!!

We experienced poor communication with the staff at Edgemere. This is the main reason we are not currently happy with this community. The food is not the best quality and dad says it is like a cafeteria. The staff are friendly and the community is kept clean. They offer a few activities but I think they could add some more.

Nice place, overall

Overall our experience with Edgemere was a good one. The facility is on the older side, but for the most part they keep things looking clean and well kept. The staff is friendly and they did a good job taking care of my loved one while she was here, although we eventually ended up needing to move her when her care needs increased. The biggest issue I had was I didn't like that the independent and assisted living sections had different dining rooms, as it meant my loved one couldn't eat with some friends she had on the independent side.

They used to be good...

lots of turn over, none of the residents go to activities. Their assisted living is full of dementia residents. Staff is unresponsive.

very nice. more than our budget will allow at this time.

A smart move!

I can't say enough great things about this place. Everything from the food to the events to the housekeeping and meticulous maintenance of the building is amazing. They cater to you, they are friendly and knowledgeable and because they have every level of care under one roof, it is very convenient for everybody.

I just cant say enough good things about this place!

My mother has lived at Edgemere for 10 years. Moving there was by far the best decision of her life. It was so convenient for her to be able to spend some time in the Plaza after she was in the hospital. She had a beautiful room at the Plaza and she was so comfortable because she knew the staff at the Plaza, and they knew her. She didn't have to go to an unfamiliar place.
Edgemere's level of customer service can't be beat. The staff is happy, tenured, well trained, and well managed so in turn the residents are spoiled by their love and attention.

They have been nothing but great!

They have been great. They have been nothing but great! I would give them a ten if I could.

Beautiful Grounds and Buildings Deceiving

My mother lived here for a year. It was the wrong placement. She had significant cognitive issues that we didn't understand, but she was neglected here. The place is beautiful, but when we moved her to a different facility, we found out that she had many bedsores, which we were never told about, which developed because of neglect. If we had known earlier, we could have done things differently. As it was, she suffered in her last year of life from these bedsores. I would not recommend Edgemere to anyone.

We really liked them but it was out of the budget.

They are beautiful, we really liked them. They were friendly. It is just very expensive. We really liked them but it was out of the budget.