Townhouse Center for Rehab and Nursing - Uniondale, NY

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

It's okay so far. They have been friendly every time I've gone. It is clean.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

She is doing fine there. She seems to be happy with the people taking care of her. They are very friendly. She's not crazy about the food. They could speak to me a little more about her care.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

It's nice, I would recommend it and I would go there myself... Can I move in? HA! He likes it. PT is kicking his behind. It's whipping him so it's good! Everyone says hi, hello, good evening, good afternoon. It's clean and fantastic, I would give a 10 out of 5 if I could! There's no smell there, doesn't bother me. He eats in his room and he said the food is good. It's hot and well presented.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

We have used other facilities and Townhouse is by the best. I also had my mother here in the past. The place was immaculate then and is still immaculate today! We are so impressed. We are more than pleased with Townhouse! The rehab is top-shelf! The staff is very cordial and lovely, lovely, lovely! The staff is not only very friendly but also very helpful. They want to help you!

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

I'd recommend Townhouse to a friend!

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

Overall Townhouse is a good rehab. However the nursing care really needs to be improved at the facility. It takes quite a while for the nurses to get to the call lights. Also, I wish they checked on the patient more than just when his light is on for help. We have had a couple situations that I feel could have been prevented if they were monitoring him more. The meals here are not good at all. Also, I wish the facility was more aware of the patient's wants and needs and would cater to this. I feel as though I must be here everyday to make sure everything is taken care of. I have to be very proactive regarding his care. It has created a bit of stress in my life having to do this.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

He got there last Friday and I see a difference here. They are caring for him. They help him right away. The speech therapist is good and she enjoys being with him and they have fun together. They are very good and they are very attentive. They answer my questions. They are very helpful and are good. They call and tell me about things. It is very clean.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

He absolutely is loving the meals at this facility! I'm satisfied with the nursing and staff care. However I work throughout the day and rely on phone calls during this time. It has been a little difficult communicating with the facility at times. I am trying to get his medications straightened out - however, we had this concern with the hospital as well so this issue is not unfamiliar.

Review of Townhouse Center

The morning girls are nice and sweet. My loved one is doing good. The food is a lot better than the other place, more better looking. One aide had an attitude. The supervisor took care of that one I was having trouble with, she was nasty with me so didn't want her around my mother and they took care of it. She’s been sitting in broken bed, trying to fix it but keeps getting broken instead of another bed. She is supposed to have bigger jerry chair and bigger bed but don't, they keep putting her back into small jerry chair and broken bed.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

It's pretty clean and my dad ate the food. I have not talked to anyone there though. No one has communicated to me about my dad.

Review of Townhouse Center for Nursing and Rehab

He is building his strength more. He said a nurse was rough with him. The cleanliness was not bad. The staff do not communicate much. They tell us they never heard of that. The doctors do not communicate and no one knows what is going on.

Review of Townhouse Center for Nursing and Rehab

The therapy was good. It was clean and the rooms were kept clean. The meals were good but she could not eat the meals. They called me if something happened and the doctor was good. But my loved one did not take her medication and they did not enforce her taking her medication. They need to improve on how talk to a person. Most of the staff acted like they did not want to work.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

The staff care is excellent. The social worker has been right on for everything. She is kind and amazing. The rooms are clean. Communication is very good.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

The staff is very warm. The staff are good at what they do. The admin staff is much warmer than others, they are very competent. Rehab is very successful, I would like it twice a day. The meals here are the best in the area!

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

It is very good and we like it. The staff is very nice there. Rehab is going okay.

I'd recommend Townhouse!

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

It is very nice and there have been no problems. The staff are VERY, VERY, VERY GOOD. I have not had a problem with a single one of them. The nurses are very good compared to the old center. This one is totally different. There is nothing dirty. It's very clean, and the bed is made up when I go early too. She hasn't complained about the food yet so I think that's going good too.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

The place is a newer building with wide halls and spacious rooms. The organization is strong and they labeled my loved one's items. They are clear to talk with. They all communicate well. My loved one is happy with the rehab. The therapists are nice and encouraging. They are sensitive to her pain. It seems clean every day. The food seems to be good. I would like more updating given to us every couple of days and not just by my loved one.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

The care is excellent. The nurses and staff are very concerned and excellent. The rehab is excellent too. It is a very clean facility. The meals are very good.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

They seem to be really on their game there. They help my loved one right away and they answer my questions right away. They have excellent communication. I like the doctor.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

I've found almost everything satisfactory about his care, and he's a bit of a complainer. The social worker went over list with me. I would recommend it again! I feel confident enough to go away for few days if I need to. He said it's okay, he seems to be in better mood there. There are a lot of different religions - not that that matters but they are welcoming to all and that's nice, anyone can fit in there. I'm very impressed with nursing care and I'd recommended it. The cleanliness needs some improvement, I couldn't find a place to put towels or dirty clothes besides floor, really that's the only problem. My loved one is very fussy about food, but he doesn't like fish and two times a week they have fish.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

Everything has been excellent!

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

My loved one seems to be okay with it. She says everyone is attentive. The nurses are doing good.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

So far so good. The staff is very friendly and the nurses are good. There's a drip in his room and it's not clean often enough.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

The staff are sweet and very friendly. The experience is pretty good. My loved one feels better and rehab is not as hard as it was. She thinks the nurses are amazing. She wants more of the meals!

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

Both of my parents are at Townhouse. This made the transition for my father go very smoothly because he already knew most of the staff. Everyone is very friendly at this facility.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

Overall I'd recommend the experience.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

The social worker is amazing!

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

It's okay and there are no concerns. Everyone is pleasant and helpful. The social worker is good and follows up well but there is a laid back response from the attendants.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

Communication is decent. They deal with a lot of different people. The doctor is communicative. The staff does well to talk to the patient and family there. They clean every day. The meals are acceptable.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

They are very happy to help and they have been good. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Communication is good and they try hard. It is hospital food but they try to make it to your satisfaction.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

A few nurses are terrific. The doctors were phenomenal but the aides are not good. The aides say they are understaffed and they are not quick to respond. They are not very forthcoming with the information regarding the patient with the family members and are not very cooperative. The meals were pretty good.

Review of Townhouse Center for Nursing and Rehab

The staff was fine. I liked the doctor, she was excellent. The nurses were good but not the nursing supervisor. The nursing supervisor was rough and rude. She had no compassion and my mother is in a lot of pain. My mother required an aide in the evening and they said no we will not allow this. They took their time discharging her and I had to push this otherwise she would have been there another night.

Happy/unhappy to be going home

I am a patient at Townhouse. Happy/unhappy to be leaving this Thursday. I was on a vent and trach in their respiratory unit. My stay was more than satisfactory due to the staff and their willingness to do what they could to get me better. From the Janitor to the doctors, everybody was more than accommodating to my needs. The trick is the staff is as good as you want them to be. They know what has to be done, you need to follow their lead. I would definitely recommend this facility to everyone.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

Townhouse is a beautiful facility! He seems to really enjoy it there. My husband said the meals are delicious! And he never says that about meals!

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

So far they have been really good. They have been very helpful and meeting his needs. They assured me they will continue to provide for his needs. They just started therapy and it seems good. I am happy with it. I The staff are real good and more than friendly.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

When I am there they keep me well informed about my sister's care.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

She is pretty happy there other than the air conditioning not working yesterday. It is clean and she likes the facility.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

I understand that there are not that many people there in the evening. It is not always perfect. The meals are there but she does not care for the food. Maybe three times a week she likes it. The doctor always calls me back the next day. Communication is good.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

When I ask questions the facility has always been right there to answer.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

The rehab therapy is excellent. The nurse does not come right away to help her. The food is good and everything else is good though. She should not have to wait 10 to 15 minutes for help after pushing the call button. She got up by herself a couple of times to go to the bathroom and I am not sure she should do that.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

He likes it and he is getting by. He is doing therapy. The nurses are good. It is clean but muggy. He is eating and they have him on the right diet.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

The head nurse is awesome and on her job. The nurses are good but the assistants take a long time to help. They need more assistants in the facility. I know they exercise her in her bed. It is clean. Meals are good. I want more information on her status so we can prepare for her coming home.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

The head staff is amazing. The therapists are focused on the areas needed. The nurses could be more helpful, need more perhaps. The wait for the bathroom is long. They are limited on food portions too. When I ask questions, the staff are good, but there could be more information given from the doctors . I don't like waiting multiple weeks to hear what the plan is and how it's going.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

They could do a little bit better overall. The social worker is a beautiful person. The doctor was terrific. The head nurse was understanding. Her room is clean.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

The room and facility was very clean. However the experience was terrible and I feel they should be shut. My loved one had to be hospitalized. There is no doctor on call around the clock. Very poor communication.

Review of Townhouse Center For Rehab And Nursing

The staff do not show up on time. He needs a special diet and that has not happened. He needs his laundry done and they have done this yet. The nurses are trying to help him.

Review of Townhouse Center for Nursing and Rehab

I would rate this facility 6+ out of 5 if I could. They are wonderful, absolutely wonderful. Both my mother and I couldn't be happier with the facility, the staff, her care, everything is WONDERFUL! The therapists are excellent. The nurses are curious, professional, and if I have a question they are not only there when I want to ask it - they get the answer right away as well! I can't say it enough... they are WONDERFUL!

Review of Townhouse Center for Nursing and Rehab

The facility is nice and the staff treats me very well. I like the rehab therapy people. I would like to talk with the doctors more, though.

Review of Townhouse Center for Nursing and Rehab

My loved one seems happy and she is getting good care. I find everybody cooperative. That is why I chose the place. They have everything she needs there. She likes everybody. They are doing a very good job so far. It is very clean.

Review of Townhouse Center for Nursing and Rehab

They seem to be very good here. The therapists are patient and have a good attitude here. The staff are very, very friendly. It is very clean and neat. My loved one says she is enjoying the meals and is eating a lot. The communication is very good and the staff are informative. I have spoken with the social worker, and the nurses and aides are very good at explaining things to me.

Review of Townhouse Center for Nursing and Rehab

The nursing care is very good! The cleanliness is very good, too. Some days are better than others with meals. They keep me updated when I am there. If I ask questions, they are good about answering them.

Review of Townhouse Center for Nursing and Rehab

Everything is going good. My loved one is getting the rehab she needs to get her strength back. She is LOVING the meals. The staff is great and very helpful. We were recommended this facility by a friend and we would recommend this facility to another friend. The staff are very friendly , they care about their patients.

Review of Townhouse Center for Nursing and Rehab

The nurses are good. The staff are pleasant. From what I see, the meals are good and she likes some of the food. It smells good. I talked to one RN and I asked a question and she answered. Sometimes she complains about the way she is handled.

Review of Townhouse Center for Nursing and Rehab

The staff are all great. The facility is nice.

Review of Townhouse Center for Nursing and Rehab

The service is good and I have no complaints. The staff are all so good. It is clean. The nurses are all very good, especially the morning crew. I want to talk to the doctor about his condition with nothing being done.

Review of Townhouse Center for Nursing and Rehab

The place is decent and the room is fine. The people are nice, available and efficient. The rehab seems good. My loved one is progressing. There was a nurse who I wanted to relay a message to the doctor for meds for him, and there was no order for this. We like one of the aides who was wearing blue. It looks clean. He likes the food. He is finicky.

Review of Townhouse Center for Nursing and Rehab

We were at another facility prior to this one and we are much happier at Townhouse. We are still getting to know everyone and it is new so not anyone in particular but overall very friendly staff. Some of it is circumstantial to my father's condition, however at times we fill out the menu and he does not receive the option that was chosen. We feel very well informed, and this is is one of the aspects that we prefer Townhouse over the other facility he was in.

Review of Townhouse Center for Nursing and Rehab

The rehab is going well. I met on of the PT people and I was very pleased. Only two nurses I am happy with. Those two women I would recommend for any job. I think they are understaffed there. When you walk in they give a good impression, but they take too long to give her medication. They leave her in the dining room for hours. I would not feed the meals to my dog. They do not communicate with me. I have to approach them.

Review of Townhouse Center for Rehab and Nursing

We came from another facility where employees were not cordial and since coming here, there has been a tremendous difference in this. I asked, "Mom, are you happy here?" and she said: "This looks like something I saw in a magazine. This is just wonderful." The front desk team is very nice and personable. They answered all questions and concerns provided information. The social worker was so wonderful took a moment to speak with me. My mother said the food is 5 star and the chef is amazing.

Review of Townhouse Center for Nursing and Rehab

It is a good facility. I really feel as though the building being understaffed is the main cause for concern. They are very attentive and caring and they accommodate my father so well, especially with his condition. The aides get the job done but I feel bad for the staff because they are running from room to room. It could be a more sterile environment.

Review of Townhouse Center for Nursing and Rehab

The facility is clean. The PT that is working with her has been very good. The OT person treating her does not treat her the way she needs. The therapist has her doing all sorts of things that are not necessarily within her abilities at this time. We have to be proactive and even when we reach out, they cannot provide the answers. We are getting the runaround. It takes a long time for her to get help. When she first arrived, one of our biggest issues has been that she waited 3 hours to go to the bathroom. The medication has been a concern as well with the facility, and working with the nurses and getting care she needs.

Review of Townhouse Center for Nursing and Rehab

One of the main issues is that she is a special needs person and she needs railings on her bed because she can fall. She likes the LPN. He is patient with her.

Review of Townhouse Center for Nursing and Rehab

So far things are going well. I would recommend Townhouse to a friend. It is a very nice and friendly group. We were very pleased that the staff had him out of bed and in the common area. The food is good! We feel as though Friday and weekend shifts may not be as organized or prepared, though. Also, he has not seen the doctor at this point and I feel as though this should have taken place for an assessment already. Also, yesterday we were visiting and it was one of the hottest days in the year so far and the building did not have air conditioning. We do feel like we have to pull information out of everyone. It does not seem very organized and it is difficult to communicate.

Review of Townhouse Center

I love the cleanliness of the place. When I walked in there, I was amazed. Everyone generally seems very nice. There's no problems so far. They say my loved one is doing well. The few meals that I saw looked very good. I liked their appearance. One tasted very good. I got a couple calls this week.

Review of Townhouse Center

They were very attentive. I know my mother was quite pleased with the service she got. They were caring for her needs. The cleanliness was not bad but it did have some smell. My mother seemed to like the meals, but she does not have an appetite. They did everything in their power to help.

Review of Townhouse Center

From what my husband said it is nice. He said the food is terrible. It was very clean. The meals were terrible and not enough. They are real good about communicating with me and they are friendly.

Review of Townhouse Center

It has been a wonderful experience. The doctor has been amazing. The facility is clean and they are responsive. The lobby is inviting and it does not smell and is clean. They wash the residents clothes and bring clothes back early. The meals are fine with plenty of hospital food. The lady in admissions is very helpful and responsive. One of the staff is very responsive and she called me back within 5 minutes. They helped me in an amazing way. One in particular was extremely helpful and amazing. There are a lot of patients who talk very highly of this facility who have been there for years. I have had an issue with one particular nurses aide who is new and the other aides are great.

Review of Townhouse Center

They are fantastic and they meet all of our needs. From what I see the food looks good. We like his CNA and his nurse. We also like the OT therapists, two of the PT therapists, and the admissions coordinator.

Review of Townhouse Center

They provide good service. The admissions people are courteous. The transition went smoothly. We like the admissions lady. We like the social worker too!

Review of Townhouse Center

I am satisfied with them!

Review of Townhouse Center

Sometimes staff wasn't always available. Otherwise, everything was good. The CNA's were very good, but not as good as the rest of the staff. Everyone else was very nice and helpful. The social worker was great. It was clean. They were really good at informing me. There was family with him all the time, so they just came into the room to inform us of things.

Review of Townhouse Center

It is a very modern place. She wants to be home, but she needs the help. I think she is being treated fairly well. She complains they are mean but I am not sure about that. She complains about the meals. I like the doctor and her aide.

Review of Townhouse Center

Whenever I have visited him he is clean and is being fed. The staff are helpful and professional. The facility is clean. We like the PT.

Review of Townhouse Center

Most of the staff is very nice. I left a message and she never got the message and I think it is being resolved. Therapy is good. The staff are good. They are decent at communicating and my aunt speaks with them.

Review of Townhouse Center

The nurses are always busy and they do not answer my questions or follow up. The aides are very good. They take a long time to help my father to the bathroom though. I had to take him to the bathroom since the aide was not willing to help. He is getting worse at the facility. I do not know if they have time to look at him. There is no communication. We like the nursing supervisor though.

Review of Townhouse Center

We see things that need improvement and we have discussed these issues with the staff.

Review of Townhouse Center

There's room for improvement. Their work staff needs to get retrained in their dealings with the public. When members are asked to do something for the patient, certain members get hostile and get an attitude. The nurses are good. The aides are decent. The person on the administrative staff I interacted with was bad. I got a phone call that my brother fell out of bed. I went over the next day and told them there were no rails on the bed. I told them they have a very small bed. They didn't change my brother for a good three hours because they were having a shift change. The staff's friendliness all depends on who you're talking to. Whether you stay informed all depends who you talk to. There is bad communication between the different shifts.

Review of Townhouse Center

He passed after being there two days. It was not good. The rehab ignored something I shared with them. It was clean at least. They were informative to us at times.

Apathy

Other than a few on staff and you need to learn their names and who to speak to the care is very mundane usually the patients are sitting in front of a TV with one person to watch them all that person barely interested. Theven medical equipment they give you is pretty beat up and yes the rooms are clean but that doesn't help a person get attention
one time I asked if they had a diaper so I could change my mother as there was very little staff around especially on a weekend the aidesame answer was we don't have any! I said this is a nursing home !! someone else on staff handed me one but no offers to help change her. mind you when I visit I do most of the Care myself I found my mother sleeping on a ripped up pillow hard pillow one day and quickly realized I had better bring stuff from home even if lost and label it , things will disappear
I don't know if any places are any better but this is what I'm dealing with right now you need to learn the administration's name and keep contact pretty much the people are treated like potted plants if you ask me not thrilled...America has a lot to do when it comes to taking care of the elderly. Some workers here need to remember they will be old too.

Never Gave Up

My grandmother has been at Townhouse since a stroke and I have been beyond thrilled with the therapy and help my grandma has received while at Townhouse. The food is much better than the other rehabs I have seen and there are many friendly faces to greet us around the clock. The work the therapy team has done is exceptional. We had been at one other rehab that wanted to take her off therapy after 20 days and leave her in bed and that's when we started looking at other facilities. Townhouse took a never give up approach and has helped rehab her to her highest level of function possible. While no facility is perfect and nor is Townhouse they do the best they can to gives patients and family positive experiences.

Emergence from coma

My wife was admitted to Townhouse from a hospital. She had been placed in a medically induced coma. At that point in time, she had been in the coma some 55-days. The skilled care-givers at Townhouse immediately began the daunting task of helping my wife to emerge from the coma --- and to reboot her body which, but for vital organs, had been “shut-down.” Approximately 198-days later --- with the aid, hard work and assistance of the brilliant team of Townhouse Caregivers, she has effectively emerged from the coma.

Upon her admission to Townhouse, my wife was met by a dedicated and enormously talented respiratory therapist (“RT”) who, after assessing and applying the appropriate ventilator settings --- began working with my wife and actually had my wife open her eyes --- thus commencing the task of having my wife emerge from the coma --- as well as to begin the restoration of the other bodily functions.

Even as the RT was working her brilliant restorative care, my wife was simultaneously assessed by a senior registered nurse (“RN”) who was reading and scrutinizing the file the hospital had transmitted and understood that the subdural hematoma for which my wife had been operated on (5-times in 65 days) and which had attracted the meningitis virus, had caused a virtually continuous fever that had to be controlled by more than just tylenol. The RN made sure that immediate arrangements were made for my wife’s room to have and maintain appropriately temperature.

There followed physical therapy (“PT”) and occupational therapy (“OT”) and, eventually, speech therapy (“ST”). The first signs of emergence from the coma were observed about 3-months after admission. Over 8-months after having been placed in the medically induced coma (totaling some 253-days; over 8-months) it was clear that my wife, Townhouse’s patient, had effectively emerged from the coma.

Much work still has to be done to completely “re-boot” my wife’s body. But we have confidence that the Townhouse team will complete the job that seemed so impossible.

Should not be named Rehab!

The word "Rehab" should not even appear in their title. The management and staff only cared about maintaining the status quo (or lower). The hope of my mother recuperating after her surgery and returning home were slowly and agonizingly taken away. The place is clean and looks decent. But what matters most is the people. Staff was generally nice enough, but the overall quality of care was disappointing. There was no cohesive plan to have her get better, even after we met with them numerous times. In the end, at Townhouse, it was all about the money.

A great place to for rehaiblitation.

The good team effort given by the TownHouse staff really helped me in my rehabilitation. From being unable to move, I am now able to look forward to going home and being mobile again. The staff here took the time to help me with so many things involved in my rehabilitation. TownHouse has become like a second family to me.

Lost a Loved One

Terrible - do not send your loved ones here. Staff does not care and any assistance took FOREVER to come.
Staff was not knowledgeable and often it was necessary for me to correct certain issues.
This place does not want to rehabilitate your loved one rather they just want to bill you more and more money.

[title removed]

Looks can be deceiving. I don't even know where to begin. My mother who was fully competent was given a battery of tests without the proper hearing equipment and deemed incompetent. They promised to get have her see doctors for various matters, 1 1/2 month later, nothing. Twice we showed up for a visit, she was in the dining hall not responding on her way to [removed]. [removed]

AMAZING STAFF & FACILITY! 5 stars!!!!!

I don't understand how anyone can have an awful experience here! I was very uneasy about putting my mother into a nursing home. After her recent hospitalization, I knew I couldn't take care of her at home anymore. From the moment I walked into Townhouse, I knew this was the place for my mom. The staff was so warm and welcoming. They made me feel so much better about putting my mom into a facility. They genuinely cared about the well-being and health of my mom. When she wasn't in physical therapy or occupational therapy, she was involved in such great activities that kept her occupied. I wasn't thinking about if she was alone or bored she was so happy. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a home away from home!

LOOKS ARE DECEIVING

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! DO NOT SEND YOUR LOVED ONES TO THIS FACILITY. YES, THE PLACE IS CLEAN AND ONE OF THE PHYSICAL THERAPIST AND A FEW AND FAR BETWEEN CARE GIVERS SEEMED TO TRULY CARE FOR THE PATIENTS WITH TENDERNESS AND CONCERN. THE REST IS DOWNHILL. WHEN ASKED FOR ASSISTANCE OR ASKING A QUESTION, THE FACES WOULD FROWN UP WITH A LOOK OF "WHY ARE YOU BOTHERING ME WITH QUESTIONS!, WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE!" MY MOTHERS MENTAL AND PHYSICAL STATE STARTED TO DETERIORATE IN JUST THE 2 WEEKS OF BEING THERE. SHE WAS DEPRESSED AND HER BODY WAS GETTING WEAKER. THE FOOD WAS HORRIBLE! END RESULT, MY MOM HAD TO DIAL 911 TO GET HELP FOR HER PAIN AND THE PAIN IN HER CHEST BECAUSE HER PLEAS FOR HELP WENT UNANSWERED. SHE WAS TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL WHERE SHE RECEIVED PROPER CARE AND IS NOW AT ANOTHER SUB ACUTE REHAB FACILITY . SO PLEASE STAY AWAY!

Pretty Good Nursing Home

My father-in-law ended up here and it's a very good nursing home. The care was pretty good. Towards the end of his life he stopped eating and they suggested that we hire out own aid to care for him. I was a little disappointed with that part but the place is very clean. It's immaculate.

Townhouse was the first one I went to...

Townhouse was the first one I went to and if you have to be in a nursing home it was bright and cheery. I was impressed by how clean it was. I didn't get to go into the activity room but looked in and they tell me that that have a lot of activites which I think my sister will appreciate. I explained that the beds looked to small and they said when they get the PRI they will accommodate my sister needs. Over all I liked it.

Another gem, this place was immaculat...

Another gem, this place was immaculate. The staff was professional and attentive to their patients. The tour guide gave us a very realistic view of thier mission as well as a thorough tour of the facility.

Centrally located in Long Island, Townhouse Center for Rehab & Nursing is the premier choice for skilled nursing and rehabilitation around the clock. As experts in the healthcare industry for over 20 years, we believe in continuously enhancing our care with the latest innovations. Our staff delivers comprehensive medical care with warmth and respect.

Townhouse provides short-term and long-term rehabilitation and skilled nursing services. Our facility boasts a specialized respiratory unit with the highest weaning rate in New York. We are fully equipped to provide tracheostomy and ventilator services, along with dementia care.
Nutritious meals that suit our residents’ individual dietary needs are a top priority to our team. Our resident chef prepares a special “heart-smart” menu option for those in need of special cardiac or diabetic care.

At Townhouse, you and your family will feel welcome in our clean and bright community. We have multiple indoor and outdoor common areas, including an indoor solarium and garden patios. Cable TV and WiFi services are available in our dining room, common areas, and bedrooms. Additionally, our facility features enriching recreational programs, beauty/barber services, laundry services, and convenient onsite parking