American House Hazel Park Senior Living - Hazel Park, MI

A bright, lovely enclave nestled in a classic Oakland County neighborhood, American House Hazel Park is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in Royal Oak, Ferndale, Huntington Woods, Berkley, Madison Heights and Warren, as well as hospitals including Royal Oak Beaumont, St. John Oakland, and Botsford Hospital. Hazel Park Senior Living provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Our apartment homes include spacious 1 and 2 bedroom floor plans, each with a living room, complete kitchen, private bath and french doors to a patio or balcony. We also have freestanding 2 bedroom, 2 bath cottages.

Property amenities at Hazel park include our dining room, theater, game and craft rooms, library and much more. Our Life Enrichment Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.

Love it, love it, Love it.

Love it, love it, Love it. I am very happy. The Staff is amazing. They take amazing care of my dad. They are friendly and caring, and I just can't say enough about the staff. They are the most important piece of the puzzle.

Everyone was Friendly

I enjoyed my tour of this community. Everyone was very nice. From what I saw the community looked good, everything was very neat and tidy. The experience was pleasant, I enjoyed my tour. Budget was one of the factors when considering where I would move too. This wasn't the community for me, but it is a nice place.

Care and Value

My aunt was in this community for a short period of time. The staff was nice and caring, The community was clean and well taken care of. They did not watch her special needs when it came to the meals. the community is great but added additional expenses that were not included. I would suggest to other families to check out the community to make sure that it would be what they were needing for the value.

Perfect Fit!

My in laws seem to like it here. They are starting to get involved with some of the activities. They even had a Veterans day party and gave out hats. The food seems to be good and they enjoy it. We really like this community and it suits there needs.

Highly recommend AH-HP

I had to quickly move my 91 year old mother from Royal Oak House (which used to be an American House until it was sold) due to ROH closing for renovations. With the help of A Place for Mom, appointments were made at two American Houses - Hazel Park and Troy. Both were nice; I selected the Hazel Park facility because it was closer to me and the Assistant Director there (Chris Laymac) is known to both me and my mother, as she was the Director at American House Royal Oak. The move went smoothly; easy access to the elevator around the back of the facility, There was also a shopping cart available to load small boxes and bags to bring up directly to her room. My mother loves the food and enjoys her dining companions. She has told me that she is content here - and you'd have to know my mother to know that that is an A Plus rating!

They did a good job. We were happy with them.

They did a good job. We were happy with them. In the last couple weeks our loved one was there, we had hospice come in and they worked really well with the hospice team.

Shelley A

Facility is very clean. Staff is very friendly and genuine. My dad has been there for two months now. He participates in many of the activities and is satisfied with his meals. The medical team helps him with his medication and hygiene. Last week there was a family fish fry out on the patio with entertainment which was well attended and fun.

American House Senior Living Communities

Dear Shelley A, Thank you for the kinds words and the time you took to share them with us. We take great care in making sure our residents are comfortable and do our best to provide everything they need. It's great to hear that your father is taking part in the activities and I will let our chef know how much he enjoys the food. I look forward to seeing you and your family at our future family activities. If you ever need anything my door is open. All the best! Melinda Dejeu, Executive Director

Great options for living arrangements for Ma. From the fact they work with Detroit Area on Aging to the Tax Credit they offer with a minor wait list to qualify of about 10 months combined with the great impression I got from visiting them. And they do offer a personal care program with the medical all included for assisted living. It's a slam dunk. $

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy that our living arrangements are exactly what you and your mother are looking for. If I can provide any information, or offer any further assistance, please contact me. Chris Vogt, executive director

Food issue

We are extremely happy our mother has adjusted to assisted living and that has everything to do with the awesome staff as well as friendly residents!
The only reason we did not rate as great was recently the food has not been up to par? Not sure if different staff in kitchen or different product but food is an important part of the day! We can all agree on this, mom says all residents are grumbling daily on the dissatisfaction of meals. This is not only about the food itself but results in a negative space.
Hopefully is can be looked into and fixed?
We do appreciate every other aspect and food was really good up until a month or so ago, so we know it can happen.
Thanks

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for leaving your feedback! It's great to hear that your mother has adjusted so well at American House Hazel Park. We understand that the dining experience is very important to our residents, which is why our culinary department ensures that meals are 'eye teasing and stomach pleasing!' I will be sure to share your feedback with the culinary department to see what we can do to create a better dining experience. Sincerely, Chris Vogt

We had so much grief with American House.

We had so much grief with American House. I had to engage the medical team when mom began missing meds. She started being difficult, I think because she was missing her meds. I had to engage them to shower her and they'd bark orders at me, when I'm paying them out the nose for her care. She lost fifty pounds within six months. The administrator was the only reasonable person there. The medical team was absolutely horrid. They just didn't want to do the job.

American House Senior Living Communities

We take all concerns very seriously. I'd invite you to
please call me directly so we can discuss exactly what transpired.
Thank you for leaving your feedback, and I look forward to hearing
from you.
Chris Vogt, Executive Director

Convenient, friendly and clean

The place is conveniently located, the staff is very friendly, and it's very clean.

The location is convenient because it is close to where I work.

Activities include game night, movie night, and they have people come in.

American House Senior Living Communities

I'm glad our Hazel Park community is convenient for you — we have many communities throughout Michigan enabling families to stay connected! In addition, American House residents are afforded the opportunity to participate in activities led by life enrichment directors that include cultural, social and recreational activities. so we're hopefully always close to many families! One of the things we're super proud of is the work our Life Enrichment Director does to include so many activities for all our residents to enjoy. Should you or your loved one ever need anything, please don't hesitate to drop stop in our call! me personally.

Very nice looking community

We toured this location when we were looking into care options for my loved one. Overall I was very impressed by what I saw here. It's a very nice looking community, and all of the staff we met during the tour were great. Unfortunately I believe my loved one needed more care and supervision than what they provided here, so it unfortunately was not an option for her.

RESPONSE: While I’m happy to hear that you loved our community, I’m
sorry that your loved one won’t be living with us. Depending on what
type of care your loved one needs, we do have a memory care community at American House
Elmwood in Rochester Hills. If you give me a call personally, I’d be happy to
answer any questions for you.

Nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. This was a very nice looking place, and the staff were all very friendly. We actually ended up selecting another American House community we liked slightly more, but we were impressed by the service at both.
One thing they could both stand to improve was the meal service. The food wasn't bad, but it could certainly have been better.

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m glad you went with another American House if you didn’t feel our community was the best choice for you. While we are all very similar, some residents prefer our other locations — so thanks for keeping that in mind on your search! Thanks for leaving your feedback.
Melinda Dejeu, Executive Director

My loved one seems to be doing so muc...

My loved one seems to be doing so much better since she moved here, she's getting all kinds of help that she was not receiving before, and they are doing a great job looking out for her. It was a big change for her but the staff have been great about being patient and welcoming to help her feel at home.

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m so happy to hear your loved one is doing better. That means we’re doing something right; and that you can breathe a sigh of relief. I’m happy your loved one feels at home here! If she ever needs anything, or if you ever have any questions, please call me directly and stop by.
Melinda Dejeu, Executive Director

Mom really liked this one, ...

Mom really liked this one, but again, cost is a factor. Utilities extra, wish they were included in the price.

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m glad your mom liked it here! Because many of our amenities and services are on an a la carte basis, our residents do not have to pay for things they do not need or will not use. Please call me personally and we can discuss your options for your mom.
[removed]

Too Small

This community is about the same as the other American House communities. It seems like it is just too small for what we were looking for. We wanted more room and more open areas so our loved ones could move around. Too small for what we wanted but not a bad community.

American House Senior Living Communities

While our community is not reminiscent of an overly-spacious mansion, we do offer a comfortable atmosphere where our residents can mingle with each other easily. Please feel free to call me and we can determine which American House community would be the right fit for you!

[removed]

***Like best

***Like best

American House Senior Living Communities

Fantastic! If you have any questions, please stop by and see me or give me a call. Melinda Dejeu, Executive Director [removed]

looks great! Going for a BBQ there on...

looks great! Going for a BBQ there on the 20th. Pray hard!

American House Senior Living Communities

Hope you had fun at the BBQ! Thanks for leaving your feedback. Sincerely, Melinda Dejeu, Executive Director [removed]