The Woodlands of Columbus - Columbus, OH

Very nice, great food, friendly people, but one room divided into two. Won't work for us.

Low staff to resident ratio

The first time that we toured this community we threw that choice away right away. I felt that like there were not enough staff and that my mom would wait around a lot of any type of help. It’s an older facility and it didn’t really appeal to me. From everything that I have seen like the halls and the dining area, it didn’t seem homey at all.

A great place for loved ones!

My mother has been a resident for almost 2 months now and she couldn't be happier. My siblings and I are equally as happy. Everyone from [Removed] the director on down to the dining hall servers have been so helpful and pleasant. The nursing staff is great as well as the therapists. Such a relief to know that Mom is in good hands at the Woodlands!

Decent Tour

We had a decent tour of this community overall. However we didn't notice much activities around the community. The staff was okay for the most part. Our tour was decent, but we didn't feel this was the right community for my father in law.

Very nice and the staff seems great! Plenty of activities and entertainment. Only negative was the independent housing doesn't look very nice but where assisted living building looks good inside and out. Very close to I270 and Broad St on east side. Very good price too!

Everything is great!

Everything has been going great here. My sister is getting involved with the different activities that they have. My sister really enjoys the dining experience and being able to be around people. Everything has been clean and nice.

The Staff Need More Community Information

This community seemed shabby when I had the tour. The lady how gave us the tour was not able to answer any of our financial questions. She didn't know much. The first impression of her was not good for me. I was unable to compare this community and was not able to wait days to get the information I needed.

Where's the people!

This tour was great. The community is very lovely and open. The people that showed us around was fantastic and they really new a lot about the community. I did not see anyone walking around or doing anything. I also did not like that it was so far from me.

Didn't Work Out for Us, But Overall a Good Community

I liked this community, but unfortunately they were unable to provide the level of care she needed. She is now in a nursing home. Overall it is a nice place with kind people. The community looked nice, they do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. The staff is great, they are very friendly. Only issue was that they would not bring her breakfast to her room, when she wasn't able to go down. I wouldn't mind living here when I get older. I would recommend it, it is a good place.

Good Tour

My tour of this community was a nice one. Everything went well , and everyone was very kind and friendly. The community looked nice and clean. It was a pleasant experience, but not the community for my mother and her needs.

Need a different floor plan!

The person that took us on the tour was friendly and super helpful. They answered all of our questions and showed us around. I just did not like the layout of the community. It seemed broken and not a good fit for dad.

A great community

This is a great community. We were happy with the staff members that were helpful . The community we found to be very clean and well maintained. The food was appealing. The activities would of been a good fit for some of my mom's needs to stay active. We were happy with the layout and brightness here compared to other communities. This community was a little farther for us. We would recommend the care and the value here to other families for the needs of a loved one.

Needs Updating!!

The staff was very knowledgeable during our tour and gave my loved one and I lots of useful information during our tour. I did think they needed to have some updating and renovations made on the older community. They also did not offer enough memory care that my dad would have needed at this facility.

The Perfect Place For Mom

I am absolutely happy with the care and glad she is there. The staff are helpful, friendly, and welcoming. She is involved with the activities and likes it. I think they do a good job cleaning the community. My mom also likes the food that they make.

Great Facility!

Had to move my dad due to a change in ownership at his previous facility that made it almost dangerous for him to continue living there - new staff failed at returning calls, rent almost doubled overnight, plus the general lack of security. In less than a month, the level of care and communication from the staff at The Woodlands is a welcomed relief. Since it is a locked facility 24/7, I no longer have to worry that my dad (who has dementia) will be able to leave by himself without the staff knowing about it and calling me.

I am not very happy with them right now.

I am not very happy with them right now. The communication with the family is not good. Every time I check with them they tell me someone would have to get back to me. Nobody ever does. When I checked the nurse she couldn't even tell me what medication she needed. I'm there every other day, and I never see the head nurse.I'm paying for care I'm not getting, not getting showers. She raves about the people that serve the food, namely Jessica.

Lovely facility. We planned to use this facility for assisted living services, but availability and other circumstances prevented our move

Welcoming and caring staff

We visited this community while looking into care options for a loved one. This seemed like a nice place overall! The staff were all very friendly and helpful, and it seems like they really take great care of the residents. It wasn't quite as fancy as some others we have seen, they seem to focus more on the care aspects of the community so there weren't as many activities and events.

very tuned into needs of residents. Caring staff. great care delivery.

excellent care. great value.

They have really tried to get to know my mother and meet her care needs. The staff is caring and supportive. I appreciate all their efforts in guiding us through this transition for my mother and our family.

Great staff, reasonable cost and conveniently located.

I am continually impressed with The Woodlands and their caring spirit. When searching for a home for my elderly parents, the staff, cost and convenience were deciding factors and the Woodlands met my expectations on all accounts. The care and concern shown for my parents has been exceptional. I highly recommend this facility.

Very nice place!

Things are going very well with The Woodlands of Columbus! I don't get to visit often as I live out of state, but my loved one really seems to be enjoying himself here, and I have heard nothing but good things from relatives who have seen the place!

Great but could also improve

We were very impressed upon first visit & move in re: our parents. With the remake of The Woodlands we have noticed a negative change with the kitchen & dining staff. A timely presentation of meals seems to have taken a downward spin. We are pleased with the nursing staff & front office personnel. We are hoping that in time the changes will bring about a positive result of all aspects of our parents' new home. Thank you to all those who work hard to make the living experience pleasant.

Review of The Woodlands of Columbus, OH

We learned of The Woodlands through a family recommendation and it was a huge boon to us as we tried to find the best possible place for my mother.
The facilities are very good; warm and friendly, just like the staff. Every person I have dealt with or encountered since our initial move-in almost two years ago has been friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Our main liaison has been Ashley Wolf, Sales Director. She was excellent at explaining the care and levels and has continued to assist us with a high level of personal help throughout my mother's residency.
Finding the Woodlands provided us with an easy answer to the difficult question of assisted living. I would not hesitate to strongly recommend it to others as a high quality choice in the future.

No Worries!

I didn't have to look far when it got to the point that Mom could no longer live on her own. The Woodlands is the next best thing. She still has her own living space, but now, I don't worry about her like I did before.

I HIGHLY recommend the Woodlands!

My parents lived in Dayton in an independent living facility. They were bragging about how they were improving their service and having someone on the property til 9 P.M. The Woodlands has a 24 hour nursing staf f. My father-in -law stayed at the Woodlands and after looking at facilities in Dayton when my father past away, we knew we wanted to bring my mother here. The food is GREAT and the staff has genuine concern for the residents. My mother has some memory lapses, and the staff is very patient with her. They have many wonderful activities. There are outings to resturants, shopping and my mother really likes BINGO. If I have any concerns they are addressed very quickly. My mother had a late trip to the ER one night and there were four staff members gathered around her bed, with her dinner. It is a clean home. Making the transition to a nursing home is a difficult one, but the Woodlands is GREAT.

Good choice

My siblings and I didn't have to look far for a place for our Mom. From our first visit we've been very pleased with the care she is receiving. They're doing some renovations right now and everything is really starting to current and fresh. Any of the residents I've seen seem well cared for. I would definitely recommend The Woodlands!

Review of The Woodlands of Columbus Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Columbus, OH

Big place. going through renovations right now. a bit smelly in the memory care area. Wait list of 2 1/2 to 3 monoths.more affordable.

Very good.

We have been very happy with the Woodlands. Every aspect has been good.

This location is first on m...

This location is first on my list, however, David is being a little difficult right now. I hope to get him to agree to a second visit next month.

The staff are great! They seem to ...

The staff are great! They seem to really care about their residents. Questions or concerns--just ask!
Mom & Dad were to both move in, but when Dad went into the hospital in bad shape, I called and they juggled things to get Mom into a studio only a couple weeks after they were both to move into a 1 BR. My sister visits my mom often and has found the staff very cooperative in any problems or concerns.

Of all of the communities we looked a...

Of all of the communities we looked at in the Columbus area, we were most pleased with this one. They made the transition from private pay to medicaid extremely smooth and easy. There are many opportunities for residents to socialize if they would like as organized by the multiple activity coordinators they have on staff. From the first time I visited, I felt that it was very homey and clean. The staff seem to truly care about the residents. As with any place, I think, you always wish that they had more people on staff, but they really seem to care and have the best interests of all the residents in mind.

Nice place overall

They're doing a great job looking after my loved one here, they've been very accommodating in facilitating his medical needs. Thea facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff are friendly.
One area they could use some improvement on is the activities, they don't have very many of them and those they do have seem to be geared towards women.
The facility also seems to have a high percentage of residents with memory issues, which makes socializing difficult.

It is an older facility, bu...

It is an older facility, but it seemed well kept. The staff was very nice with the tour I received. There is around a 3 month waiting, and I need something ASAP.

Not impressed by this community

We toured this location when we were looking into options for Mom. It was a nice enough looking community on the inside, although nothing that stood out in particular. However, to get in we had to walk past several residents and staff members outside the front door smoking, which was a bit of a turn off. The facility is also not located in the best area of town.

Recently Renovated

Really nice, just farther away from me. They were very friendly. They were doing a complete renovation, so it was nice when we visited, but now it is probably nicer. The rooms were pretty, a little bigger than the other two that we saw. I know that they had a lot of activities but when I was there they were eating lunch.

Woodlands columbus

We picked Woodlands because of the caring, generous staff, smaller size of residents in the memory care unit than most places, and the consistent care she received while there. I consider The Woodlands to be one of the best residences of its type if not the best. I would highly recommend them to any family looking for a place for their loved one.

People great. Aviary. C's...

People great. Aviary. C's mil lives there. Mercedes' mom is an administrator. Coffee cups out in courtyard, which was bleak. Not a lot of trees around despite name. Room is a perfect size. Bathroom is set up for a wheel chair and the bathroom fan was super loud.

Visited this place and was ...

Visited this place and was pleased with the setting and staff. This would be a good choice if mom insisted on staying in the East side of Columbus.

The Woodlands

My mother has lived at The Woodlands since October 2012. I was hesitant at first to place her there, but her attorney actually recommended it. It received excellent ratings by the State Of Ohio agency that regulates nursing facilities. I was impressed the minute I walked through the door. It's not the most aesthetically beautiful place, but the staff there is wonderful. They treat all the residents like family and the nurses in particular take a special interest in each resident. The rooms, though small, are clean and well-kept, and plenty big enough for one person. The staff gets to know each resident and his/her habits and they check on the residents often to make sure they're OK. After about three weeks, my mom began to like it there. She really likes the food and the fact that everyone says "Hello" to her and calls her by name. There are many activities to do there, including exercises, bingo, trips to local stores and restaurants on The Woodlands bus and entertainers that come at least once a week. The Woodlands is also more reasonably priced than any of the other facilities I considered. Also, The Woodlands participates in the Medicaid Waiver program which is what my mother needed. All in all, I would highly recommend The Woodlands to anyone thinking of assisted living for their parent(s). The quality of care makes all the difference in the world.

Discover a vibrant yet relaxed lifestyle at The Woodlands of Columbus, where residents can explore a full calendar of activities while enjoying modern-day amenities and convenient services. Our Columbus, Ohio, community offers Assisted Living and Memory Care services. Our residents take comfort in safety features such as emergency response systems and assist hand rails in bathrooms and appreciate wall-to-wall carpet and 2-inch mini-blinds for coziness and privacy. Our caring and professional staff provides a helping hand for residents who may appreciate some assistance with the activities of daily living. You can be assured that The Woodlands provides the quality care that will allow residents to remain as self-reliant as possible while living in a supportive environment.