Brookdale Chestnut Hill - Columbus, OH

Brookdale Chestnut Hill - Columbus, OH has yet not published prices.

street map for Brookdale Chestnut Hill - Columbus, OH

loved this facility! Rooms were nice size and bathroom was big and shower had a pull down seat inside. Grab bars everywhere in bathroom. It was really beautiful, inside and out. They focus a lot on nutrition which my mom would love. Staff and residents were so friendly. The place was so clean and no smells. A lot of residents were enjoying the activity while we were there.

Low staff to resident ratio

The first time that we toured this community we threw that choice away right away. I felt that like there were not enough staff and that my mom would wait around a lot of any type of help. It’s an older facility and it didn’t really appeal to me. From everything that I have seen like the halls and the dining area, it didn’t seem homey at all.

The staff was very pleasant and mixed with the patients during activities. The facility was bright and cheery.

Very high price for different levels of care

I toured here when looking for a place for my mom to go. They did an evaluation of my mom and they gave me a very high price and part of it was just to feed her. It felt like everything was just added right on top of each other, all on top of the base price for the room. The interaction between the staff and the residents seemed good, though. The facility seemed to be clean; it’s an older facility and nicely decorated. One evening while I was there, they were doing a happy hour but it looked like it was for the residents that were able to move around on their own. On the other side they were giving them cookies and things like that, so they were able to get everyone interacting and involved in some way, just not as a whole facility. We wound up going to a different community, ultimately.

My moms care

This was the nice tour with friendly staff. The community was clean and we liked the layout. The meals were healthy and the activities would have been offered. This was not close to home, but we would recommend that families take a tour of this nice community.

Very Familiar With This Community

In past years we have had my father here and we were very pleased with the community so much that we were going to place my father in law here. The staff has always been friendly and kind. The community is nice well cleaned and maintained. The food is fine good portions and tastes good. They offer quite a few amenities.

Truth about Brookdale Chestnut Hill

My parents were in here. This place is horrible. They are understaffed and seem not to care. Up front you have to pay a $2,500 "move out" cleaning fee, yet they moved my parents into a smoky room. I could smell it in my clothing when leaving after visits. The staff [Removed] and parked in handicapped parking spots. The people bathing my mom decided to skip her private parts. It goes on and on. Not to mention, the director does not care, at all.

Smaller community

We had a fine tour of the Brookdale Chestnut Hill. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable when answering our questions. It was a smaller community and it was clean and well-kept. It wasn't the right fit for my friend.

An Okay Tour

I toured this community for my father, and his needs. Everything went well, this is an okay community. The staff I met was friendly, and helpful when needed. The community appeared to be well-kept. The experience was a decent one, but I did feel this was the community for my father, and his needs.

Father in Law Loves it Here

My father in law is doing great since his move to this community. He loves it here, and we are satisfied with his move here. We have no complaints. We know he is safe, and in good hands. They provide good meals, and have nice activities available for the residents. This is a community I would recommend, it is working out well for us.

Felt like an institution!!

I had a tour of this community for a possible place for my father to live in but it was not my favorite. The staff where kind and helpful during our visit but it felt so much like an institution and hospital in the area my father would go. I would want him to feel free and at home wherever I ended up putting him not that he is locked up in a building.

I do not get a warm and fuzzy feeling

The services offered by this community are not all inclusive as you have to pay for them separately. This was not brought to my attention when we looked at this community. I think they are understaffed. The staff that are there seem to be stretched thin. They do their best to take care of my loved one. The food is good and they do keep the community clean. The grounds are nice. I do not think they have enough activities to keep my loved one active.

Over the top staff!

My mother is doing great since her move to Brookdale Chesnut Hill. They have great activities and the staff is definitely the highlight of the facility. They motivate the residents to join activities and keep them going. I would 100 percent recommend this community to anyone looking.

Tour for a loved one

I toured this community for the care for my mom. They were helpful and answered my questions on the care that we were given. We did not like the long hallways, this would have been hard for my mom to get around the community. The community seemed to be a good fit for the lower level of care

The Facility Is Very Elegant

I enjoyed the tour I had with the community. I saw a really classy facility and I really liked it. However, my biggest worry was them not accepting Medicaid. This was not the right fit for us.

Fair work!

Right now it is upsetting because everyone is in quarantine for the flu (8 days). Confined to the room with nothing to do is very sad. The staff has been fair other than that. Some staff is excellent. The food needs to arrive hotter and have more variety. Mom does like playing bingo and going to church service and getting hair done. TV does not have many good channels for the money. A lot of planned calendar activities do not happen.

Love This Community

It was a hard transition at first with my mother in law move to this community,but she has adjusted well to it now. We are very comfortable with the care she is being provided with at this community. The staff is very caring, and they are always encouraging her. She has improved, and she says she is happy, and comfortable here. She gets her hair and nails done at the community. We absolutely love this community. I know she being cared for very well, and I would recommend this community.

Wonderful facility. Lots of common area space. Remodeling in progress to make it even better. Reasonable rates.

This community is clean and organized. We are pleased with the care that is provided for my mom. They give her medications and assist with bathing and dressing. We have no problems. She is very happy with the meals and has not had a bad meal yet. She is gaining the weight she lost. As her health gets better she participates in more activities. She likes the bingo and music entertainment. I am very confident with care and safety.

Great Memory Care!!

I have been appreciative of the staff and the effort they have been putting forth on motivating my mother to get involved in the various memory improvement activities they have. She also has been liking the food and enjoys that they have a variety of healthy choices to choose from. I would defiantly recommend this community to anyone.

Good Tour, Everything Went Well

I toured this community for my mother and her needs. It was a nice experience. Everything went well. From what I saw everything appeared to be well maintained. The community looked nice and clean. The staff was kind and friendly. This is a pleasant community with friendly people.

Jill was very helpful and provided great information .

It's just been 3 weeks . . .

[Removed], was very helpful in showing us the place to see if it would meet my mother-in-law's needs.
Place is clean and well- kept
Staff seems warm and engaging with patients in Memory Care.
We could have used a staff member to oversee her settling in and advising us of details like who to call with this or that question.
Bottom line is Mom's content there with biggest complaint being her food is usually served cold--that unit's food is carted in from main kitchen so I'm not sure if this could be improved.

Mom Could Use More Motivation

So far the transition has been okay. I believe there needs to be more supervision in the dining room so my mom won't feel unwelcome. The staff accommodate her by bringing her meals to her. I also feel they do not have enough staff to meet all the needs but they are doing their very best. My mom is safe and activities are available. I also wish they could get her to try activities or get her to try other outings.

The staff was very nice. The rooms I were showed were very nice and bright being that the entire building is going through a renovation. The main area and hallways were very bright and welcoming. All of the rooms are one floor. I have a few more facilities to visit, however, if I had to select one today it would be Brookdale Chestnut Hill.

We were not impressed!

When we toured this community the staff were really nice. The community was to large for us. They were bragging about a large screen game they offer, however I did not see any residents that could take advantage of this. My husband did not get a good feeling from this community.

Mom is Getting Good Care

I am happy with the care that is provided through this community. They keep the facility clean and well maintained. The staff are happy and communicate with me good. I feel that she is safe in this community.

I cannot say enough about the staff at Brookdale Chestnut Hill!!!!

The staff at Brookdale is very patient and my dad likes them all. The community is kept very clean and well maintained. The food is good and they have a lot of family involved meals. There are a variety of activities for the residents as well as they have regular outings. They have a medical equipment place there and that was a big help. I would definitely recommend this community.

Very clean and nice facility. Staff is very friendly and helpful

Review of Brookdale Chestnut Hill - Columbus, OH

I really liked the fact that studio apt. have kitchenette. many other places did not offer that in small studio. Staff was very nice and place was clean and cheerful

After two weeks, we are pleased with the overall experience at this community. It is very clean and well decorated in common areas. The care is good the staff is friendly. Meals are very good and the dining room setup is good

Nice looking, but very large community

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, this is a very large community, the dining room is enormous, and there are a lot of long hallways. It just wasn't somewhere I thought suited my loved one's personality.

Spacious facility

Spacious facility with large community dining and entertainment area. Wasn’t able to see outside grounds because of timing of visit. The one bedroom-2 bath apartment consisted of two studios with connecting doorway cut in wall but seemed adequate for couple. The bathrooms were nice, adequate closet. The living area and bedroom did not have overhead lighting which must be provided by individual lamps so there was no switch to light the area when entering through the door.

Spacious facility with large community dining and entertainment area. Wasn't able to see outside grounds because of timing of visit. The one bedroom-2 bath apartment consisted of two studios with connecting doorway cut in wall but seemed adequate for couple. The bathrooms were nice, adequate closet. The living area and bedroom did not have overhead lighting which must be provided by individual lamps so there was no switch to light the area when entering through the door. Senior guests are all provided with call buttons to wear. Facility was pet friendly as well.

Nice place, overall!

Our experience with Brookdale Chestnut Hill has been a positive one, overall! The staff here is friendly and caring, and I think they provide a very good level of care for the price! I like that my loved one was able to get a private room/bathroom in their memory care section. I do wish they had the staff available to provide a bit more one on one care,, but otherwise we're very pleased with the place!

For the most part I don't have a problem

For the most part I don't have a problem with Brookdale Chesnut Hill. I've had instances where medication is not properly administered. It has been the wrong dosage. I bring my husband home over the weekend and that's the only way I've noticed. Also last Friday I was given a packet of capsules that I hadn't seen before and no instructions on dosage. It turned out not to be a big deal but that was concerning. I've had trouble communicating with the nursing director, Andrea. Other than those issues things have been good here. The facility itself is beautiful.

It's been fine. No major complaints. It could be a little cleaner.

It's been fine. No major complaints. They could do a little better with the cleaning. They do a good job, with food, and laundry and those things. It's just the cleaning that could really be improved. We chose them based on price and location.

It's going great so far.

It's going great so far. We haven't had any major concerns. So far we have been particularly impressed with the care, and the staff, they have just been great. I would give them a five.

Brookdale Chestnut Hill

Mom is a new resident at Brookdale Chestnut Hill but so far we have been very pleased. The staff are warm, friendly and very professional. We are looking forward to a continuing relationship with Chestnut Hill.

very good

The nursing staff and the aids are all very good at Emeritus at Chestnut Hill. I am really very happy with all of that. I am not too sure about the administration, as they are not keeping up as much as I would like them to on certain things. I like the overall appearance of the place. It is a very clean facility, well taken care of. The only thing I can think of where they could improve would be to take care of some of those pot holes in the parking area and driveway. Other than that it has been great and I would highly recommend them.

Mixed experience

We've had somewhat of a mixed experience with Emeritus at Chestnut Hill. Things started off a bit rocky. Response times to the call button were slow, and my loved one was not getting the care that she needed. However, after speaking with them and letting them know my concerns things have started to show improvement, so they are willing to work with you. I am hoping things will continue to improve.

Frustrated with lack of response to questions

My husband was only at the facility for a month so I don't want to appear too critical but my complaint concerns their response to questions regarding the biilling of drugs that were ordered for him. I have made repeated calls for an explanation of the bill and no one has returned my calls.

Our #2 pick. Nice that it is on one floor

This is a lovely facility with a very caring staff. Unfortunately, the facility is not in an ideal location for our needs.

Chestnut hill review

As soon as I met with two of the directors , I knew my relatives would be very happy living there. I knew in my heart it was the right place for them.

Things are going fairly well here.

Things are going fairly well here. We are somewhat satisfied with Emeritus. I would say the staffing could be improved a little. I have been other places and that always seems to be the issue.

need better emergency care response

My parents were staying at home and not doing well, so I put them in Emeritus at Chestnut Hill because I was told they had 24 hour emergency care. However, when my parents pressed the button for an emergency, someone would not show up for an hour or more. That was certainly not what we expected, and was not much better than what a care giver at home could offer.

It was a clean nice facility with friendly staff, but given these issues it was not a very positive experience.

Unsatisfied!

This facility is actually quite a mess. They're under staffed, almost EVERY day. The management is fake and useless. When walking through the facility the residents all seem dazed, especially on their memory care unit. We had issues with staff, they all seemed over worked and overwhelmed and certain staff, as far as being rough and not doing their job in the correct manner. There's potential for improvement.... But to say in the least, we were not impressed with our parents care here. Good luck to others.

The staff and administration at Chest...

The staff and administration at Chestnut Hills were great. People were warm, friendly, and very knowledgeable about senior care. I would highly recommend this facility.

I called the place for mom is how I f...

I called the place for mom is how I find them. They were a lot costly then the place she was at.

Didn't like what I saw in their memory care

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. What I saw of the assisted living portion looked fine, and the staff I interacted with on my tour were friendly and helpful. However, when I was taken to see the memory care section I just didn't like what I saw. The residents all seemed dazed and out of it, and I don't think I would have been comfortable placing my loved one here.

Quiet community, not a lot of socialization, that I saw.

When we went to visit this community, it was very much all business. I understand it is a business, but people live here too. The guy who showed us around seemed fake. He would walk by and loudly greet and compliment workers and residents, and it was clear this was no routine, based on the reactions from the residents and workers. It was also very quiet, people were just sitting around, there wasn't a lot of socializing among the residents. I kept asking about activities, and he just kept skirting the subject.

A very friendly community

They always friendly. I think it’s a pretty good deal. They always have activities. First thing they are very family friendly. They invite you to socialize with your loved ones, very attentive towards you and your loved one. They are explain things thorough. They seem to care about your loved. They are very professional.

Very nice! Looks promising ...

Very nice! Looks promising for my needs down the road.

Very clean, and a very friendly staff!

The staff here are very friendly, and do a great job of making sure everyone is looking after well and that the facility is nice looking and clean. One area I would like to see them improve, however, is their response time to the in-room call buttons. It is usually fine, but there have been instances where the response time was VERY slow.

Understaffed and overworked memory care

My loved one stayed here briefly, but after seeing the sort of care he was receiving despite the very high price we've already decided to move him elsewhere. There are 20 memory care patients, and 3 caregivers on weekdays (2 on the weekends). The sales staff and management are all very friendly, but it seems like the aides themselves are too busy and overwhelmed to make any sort of personal connection with the residents. My loved one is still fairly independent for memory care, and doesn't need to ring his bell much or get movement assistance, and it feels like because of this he is generally just ignored.

In general they do a good job here. T...

In general they do a good job here. The staff are all very friendly and professional. The administration are easy to get in touch with, and very accommodating when it comes to working with specific needs. The activities director does a great job of coming up with activities that fit the abilities of the residents. The staff in general is very accessible and easy to work with. They do seem a bit understaffed when it comes to the aides themselves, during busy times it can take a VERY long time to get a response to the call buttons the residents wear around their necks. They also have some cleanliness issues when it comes to certain areas. The dining area never seems entirely clean, I've noticed cobwebs, and sometimes the tables themselves are not cleaned as well as they should be. Overall they do a good job, but there are definitely some areas they need to work on.

Impressions

The staff is friendly. Rooms are adequate. Meals are adequate. Response to call light is too slow.

It felt like an institution...

It felt like an institution. Appliances were outdated, the eating hall was huge. People were friendly. Gave me a cheesecake made there (wasn't a good idea since it looked horrible). I wouldn't visit there again let alone mother live there.

Great Entertainment!!

We are warming up to it. The problem is that it is an assisted living place, and my mom needs full care. Hospice is working with us now, so it's better. Jim, the director, is very hands on. Pushes wheelchairs around and is very involved. The nurses are good and the aids are good, just not enough of them. They even cut one out just recently and they really do need to have more people and aids. It's a nationwide problem. I think that they are all pretty much the same. We had to fight over the medication a little - they want to keep her slow and over-medicated. We lowered the doses, and she is doing much better. They have the best entertainment, it is just amazing. they have an 18 piece jazz band that has come in every Sunday night for the last ten years. They do exercises and are very engaging with the residents.

Not 5's across the board, but an okay place

The care itself is a 3 and a half because the didn't continue what I was doing here at home. When my wife was here at home, she was in a wheelchair but she could walk so she would get up with a cane and walk to the bathroom, but now she doesn't walk, she may have forgotten how to.
The thing that I like is that she started out in assisted living, but now she's in memory care and basically the staff seems to be more caring than when she was in assisted living, especially the manager of the unit. When I go to him with some concerns he works with us. They can improve on the coordination with the nurses station. When I advised them in advance that I was taking my wife to a doctors appointment (I tell them 2 to 3 days in advance) but the nurses that are on duty don't seem to know about it and they don't have her ready. I talked to the nurse about it and they said that they don't look at her chart every day, so now we just get there an hour and a half early.
I like that it's bright and spacious, cheerful and it looks like an inn so when you go in you think "wow, this is nice."

our family experience during the first month for our mother

Staff are friendly and try to engage residents. Public areas are attractive, open and airy with much natural light from windows. One area that was uncomfortable was no staff member shared info on dining room assignment. Family struggled first 10 days knowing where Mom was to sit at meals. There are assigned seats we finally discovered, but no one explained how to find your assignment. We just kept asking kitchen staff what should we do and finally a seat was assigned with two residents that could not speak. With persistence, my sister and I finally got Mom moved to a table with a resident that could communicate. In general the food is very average, but tolerable. Mother is having difficulty adjusting, but staff have been helpful trying get her involved, so we appreciate that.

Wide hallways, spaciou...

Toured 6/21/13 Wide hallways, spacious rooms with large windows, spacious dining area, good location, possibly affordable. A la carte care based upon some computer program determining time for tasks. Aged furniture. Several signs of neglect regarding maintenance. $2,750 up front to refresh room...nonsense. Not ruled out.

Love all the Emeritus prope...

Love all the Emeritus properties, but this one has an opening at studio apt. for $2525/month with very long hallways. commitment fee is $2,750.

took my sister out to visit. She thou...

took my sister out to visit. She thought facility was nice and could possibly be suited for mother just some security issues,as far as leg monitor or,also what happens if she access to a higher level of care. also have a meeting with Sunrise on moving mother out of reminence floor to assissting living to help decrease cost.

Very nice location, Elizabeth was ver...

Very nice location, Elizabeth was very informative, I like that you can have a pet and pay one time fee of $250. It is one of the locations that we are considering.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.