Security is a plus as I had to be buzzed in by staff. Charlie their mascot was laying on the floor and loved being petted. I loved the atmosphere which had an “old fashioned” flare to it. The manager was down to earth, personal, and shared tons of information with me that I needed in order to make the best decision possible for my Mom. All levels of care offered, from respite to independent living, which was a good fit for my mother’s situation. Their nurse was brought into our meeting and she explained the levels of care and prices. She was fantastic in personality and skill. Amenities and activities offered, Front porch rocking chairs topped off my informational meeting. I would definitely use this environment for respite care for my mother. Somewhat pricey, but well worth it. Smaller facility, but the concentration is on the client that way.

A very nice facility with a home-like atmosphere. The staff enjoyed talking with the patients and knew each by name.

Excellent Food

My Husband was here for his respite care, and we found that it was a nice place. It’s an older facility so the rooms and bathrooms are small, the hallways are narrow, and the set up gives it a crowded feel overall. However, the ladies in the kitchen definitely know how to cook. Everything is from scratch, and it is excellent.

Beautiful facility with very loving care providers and staff.

Tour was Nice

This is nice community, and our tour of it went well overall.

Very nice and clean. Rooms were nice but no closets, just an armoire (at least in the studios). Wish they had closets and a small kitchen area, but since they prepare the meals you don't have to have kitchens. Price is a bit more than others I've been to but may be justified.

A home for care

I liked the tour at this community. They do offer a lot of great care for residents who need a higher lever of care. The community was nice and we found it to be clean and maintained. We would suggest other families tour this community for care of a family member.

They Did Not Meet Our Needs

My sister had the tour and they were not the right fit. They did not have the rooms that my mom needs. Her specifics were a 2 bedroom with a living room. The community was also not in a good location for mom. There was nothing wrong with the tour or place. We had a tour with a good person.

Great housekeeping team !!

The housekeeping team at this community has really impressed me. They have been absolutely great with helping maintain my mothers room, they take care of all her laundry and do a deep cleaning once a week in her bedroom. My mother has since joined the food committee they put together to try and help improve the food they serve throughout the week. I am pleased to see how involved she is getting and how much she is enjoying the company of the other residents.

Super Fancy!

I love this community and the staff. The staff is great about keeping me informed about my loved ones needs. The Alzheimer's unit is great and like no other. They tie the Alzheimer's unit with the assisted living. The staff alerts me to any problems that arise immediately. They offer healthy choices of food for my loved one to eat. My loved one feels like they are at a fancy restaurant. I also love the rooms and the privacy the rooms give. I would definitely recommend this community.

Everything Is Going Good So Far

This community seems clean and appears fine to me. I find the staff mostly welcoming and friendly and helpful. The community has activities available and soon my sister will participate when she is able to join. My sister also seems to be satisfied with the food, she has not complained yet. I would recommend this community based on how things are okay with my sister.

It has been a good place ,

Friendly, welcoming staff

Our experience with Sunrise of Bexley has been a very positive one. The staff here is friendly, welcoming, and they really do a great job easing new residents into the community. They know all the residents by name, and they're very attentive to their needs. It's just a very nice place overall, and we are satisfied with the service.

My mother has been at Sunrise for a month or so. The staff there is lovely and she is reasonably happy.

Great Experience

Personally, I like the care my father is receiving. He is very well taken care of. The staff at Sunrise has made Dad's transition as pleasant as possible for my Dad.

social interaction has been pretty good

So far so good at Sunrise of Bexley. We have been busy getting dad settled in. He has some specific needs that we have had to remind him of. There has been some small confusion about medication but we have gotten all of that worked out. The social interaction has been pretty good at this facility. The residents don't go scatter off in their own area. Dad has made some acquaintances here. Overall I am really pleased with how things have gone so far.

Seemed like a nice place!

We visited this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Sunrise of Bexley made a great first impression! The people here were friendly and helpful, and I thought they did a great job giving me a good sense of the community during the tour. It was a friendly, welcoming community, and definitely worth a look!

Oh What a Relief it Was!

The service and attentiveness of the staff at Sunrise in the onset was remarkable. They did more than accommodate me, they made a uncertain situation more assuring experience. To this date I have been very satisfied with my mother being there.

Sunrise of Bexley is an absolutely beautiful community.

Sunrise of Bexley is an absolutely beautiful community. I feel they have put a lot of thought in the communities. I have worked in that circle, and sometimes the younger generation don't see the value of older generations. They have it down to a science, and they have truly thought of everything.

very friendly

The staff is very friendly. They work very hard, especially the caregivers. They really work hard, but I think they are short staffed. I think from what I have seen that they are under new management, and I think their reputation is starting to go down due to budget cuts. They are having too few people do too many things.

It's very homey. A good place with pets welcome, and a very warm and welcoming environment.

They are doing a very good job.

They are doing a very good job. It's clean, and the staff is friendly, and attentive. I did have some issues in the beginning getting medications straight. I don't think that was really their fault but more on the doctors, and I think we have gotten it straightened out now. The only thing that would be better is if they could take medicaid.

Love it! The food is delicious and th...

Love it! The food is delicious and the staff went the extra mile to make sure all my Dad's needs we're met. It's a lively place, I just hope it's around when I become a senior citizen.

Wonderful place

I'm extremely happy with the care my loved one is getting here. The facility itself is very nice looking, clean, and well kept, and the staff have all been great to work with. The marketing person we worked with, Ray, has been a huge help through the whole process. Originally we wanted a facility slightly closer to where we lived, but when we toured Sunrise of Bexley we knew it would be somewhere we would be comfortable placing our loved one.

Peaceful

I have just placed my mother in the Sunrise facility. She has only been there for10 days but so far it has been the most peace we have had in the last 8 to 10 months of her care. The staff at Sunrise are very friendly.

Awful

It was awful. They had bed bugs and they couldn't get rid of them, his glasses broke, they were hard to contact. The billing kept getting confusing, and the billing itself, they'd nitpick one thing after. He was never shaved, and he'd lose things constantly. When we went back to get his things after he passed, he was missing his vets hat and they couldn't find any of his belongings but his suitcase. When we went to interview, it was beautiful, but it is not suitable for a person with Alzheimer's. When you get off the elevator it's very cluttered and they don't have closets, they have armoires on wheels. Once those come in the room they completely took over. It's a memory unit, but it's not good for any kind of memory problem. He got in a fight with one guy and he got in trouble and they made a huge stink about it, but that's just part of the disease. They never changed his clothes. He had pneumonia and they said nothing was wrong, but eventually he wound up in the hospital. Sunrise threw all his medicine away while he was gone so he had to pay for all new medicine. It's part of their protocol. He'd just got new medicine, hadn't even used them, and they had to toss them. That medicine cost well over $300 out of pocket. We were very unhappy and took a long time to get the billing correct. He wasn't even there a lot of the time, he was at hospice, and they charged for everything. It comes on looking very good, but once you get there, it's not.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re very sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with our community. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and quality care is our top priority. Please contact us so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

Bad experience

I removed my grandma from there because they weren't cleaning the room, they weren't cleaning the toilet out, everytime I went there I was doing the cleaning and when peopel would come to visit they had to call them to come in and clean because it was so bad. Cleaning was included in what I was paying daily and when I told them I was taking her out they didn't even talk to me, they didn't ask what was wrong or even wish me luck, I was very disatisfied with them.

Sunrise Senior Living

We are very sorry that you did not have a positive experience in our community. Thank you for sharing your comments so that we can work to improve the experience for others. Please contact us at [removed] if you would like to share additional comments with us directly.

Could us more activities

They are a pretty good community. I wish they had more activities for the residents there. They could use more day trips off the property. Just seems like there is not enough to do. I would recommend this community.

Bed and breakfast for activ...

Bed and breakfast for active seniors at $92/day.($2800). poor parking in downtown Bexley. Furnished apts. with phone and utilities incl.; cafe bistro off the dining hall for snacks, but narrow hallways and elevator for 3 floors. small rooms with armoirs, no closets.

We loved the facility it was beautifu...

We loved the facility it was beautiful and and felt like home and all the employees were very nice and helpful.

The director was very informative. g...

The director was very informative. great place.