• Secure Memory Unit

Kensington offers everything Mom would love if she were placed here. From keeping her own phone number, wonderful activities, chef prepared food, laundry, pull chords, spacious apartments & studios, piano player in the main entryway , movies, transportation for grocery, shopping, and appointments. Last but not least, [Name removed] and her staff were friendly and wonderful.

CHANGES

Generally the care and services are very good, except we have noticed since the new director came on there is a significant issue with a shortage of both aids and nurses. Both the aids and the nurses do an exceptional job but because of the constant shortage of staff the care does get compromised The wait for assistance has increased, some of the smaller tasks don't get done (dishes getting done, clothes put away, trash not being removed) This is not only frustrating but my parent is paying for these services. Also the food is definately not as good as it use to be, seems they are buying cheaper cuts of meat, desserts are no longer homemade. Some of the ammenities that brought them to the Kensington Place are no longer provided. Again I must reiterate that the aids, nurses ,dining hall staff and the desk staff are all great and do the best they can with the limited staff they have. The employees really care about the residents and always have a smile.

Pam Georgiana

At LSS Kensington Place, we take the care and comfort of our residents very seriously. If you’d like to talk further about your concerns, please contact Renee Walburn, executive director, at [removed].

Not the right fit

I toured the Kensington Place CommunityThe people were nice that gave the tour, but I just did not feel it would be a good fit for my loved one. I did not like where it was located, I would not have felt comfortable visiting at nighttime.

The Kensington Place was warm and welcoming, but would not gear their program around the needs of the family. The staff was professional and respectful. They needed to come to their own conclusions about future residents rather than rely on previous senior community information that's inaccurate. Disappointed with the way they handled the medical assessment process.

Pam Georgiana

Thank you for taking the time to review LSS Kensington Place. Our number one priority is the safety and well-being of our residents. The assessment of a potential resident is done to ensure they will be safe in our community and to assure that we are able to meet their specific needs.

When someone is a current resident of a senior living community and wishes to move to Kensington, our protocol is to reach out to that community. This gives us a better understanding of daily care needs so that we are able to meet and exceed the expectations of both the resident and the family. Occasionally, the review indicates needs that are best met in a setting that the resident or their family does not agree with. As difficult as it may be, we have an obligation to act in the best interests of the resident(s) and both their current and future care needs.

We wish you well and thank you for your feedback.

Very nice and just off of I670. Prices are great and the place is very clean and nice big rooms! They even do the laundry for you every other week and clean the room, but you can always do laundry yourself in between.

Good things so far

My parents moved here and seem to be adjusting well. Kensington Place does a good job getting people involved and keeping track of residents. My parents enjoy the food and there is a selection.

Adjusting well!

Everything has been real good here so far. Me and my husband are still getting used to the place. They do offer quite a few things to do and we are starting to get involved. The food is real good. The community is always clean and neat.

Friendly Tour

I toured this community for my sister and her need. From what I saw the community looked well-kept. They do a good job with the cleanliness. The staff was friendly, and informative. All my questions were answered.

How could I not love Kensington Place?

How could I not love Kensington Place? After living here for 16 years, the food is always great, the people are caring, and life is wonderful! There’s a wide variety of in-house events, transportation to doctor’s appointments, and ample parking…gracious staff, comfortable apartment…a variety of religious programs and an in-house chaplain…16 years of happy living!

Everyone is so friendly

Everyone is so friendly. Nurses, aides, kitchen and dining staff greet you each day by name. It makes you feel good to know you are recalled

Good vibes!

Mom is really enjoying herself here. She has started to get involved in some of the activities that they have. She said that she likes the meals. We liked it here because it had a good feel and felt homey. Also it is very close to me.

A Tour I Took

This community seemed to be nice. I got the proper follow-ups after the tour. I was able to get an informative tour guide. They showed all around the community to see what they offer.

Residents love Kensington Place

Very friendly, great food and dining facility and front desk is very welcoming. Be sure to have ongoing conversation with assisted living to verify needed care is provided.

We saw empty 1 bedroom and studios. ...

We saw empty 1 bedroom and studios. The common areas and activities were cheerful and appealing. Director was very pleasant and seemed very familiar w/ residents.

Very lovely place, Friendly, Clean, N...

Very lovely place, Friendly, Clean, Nice location.

Older building (17 years) and more is...

Older building (17 years) and more isolated from any immediate shopping community or walking neighborhood. Near Bexley and near airport. Space in general is not as light inside. Two meals a day: breakfast and supper. So apartments have a much larger kitchen space. First floor apartments have 10 ft. ceilings which make them feel more gracious. Also every apartment has a BIG storage closet and there is another storage area on the grounds. I liked the staff I talked to here, very much.

Residents seem subdued. Entry is "old...

Residents seem subdued. Entry is "old lady green." No energy at all.

If you or someone you know is looking to make a great retirement even better, then LSS Kensington Place, the top choice among Columbus retirement and assisted living communities, is for you. With the opening of the brand new Grace House Memory Care unit, our services have expanded to include many of the health issues that seniors are experiencing today.

At Kensington Place, our residents enjoy an all-inclusive lifestyle that features award winning dining, top-notch healthcare, spacious and well-appointed senior apartments, and a host of fitness, hobby and leisure areas designed for carefree senior independent and assisted living.

Kensington Place is surrounded by lush landscaping and a beautiful park-like setting near the heart of Columbus, Ohio. It's no wonder many active seniors who want to live an extraordinary retirement consider us one of Ohio’s best places to retire!

With assisted living and memory care services available right on campus, you can stay longer and enjoy healthy retirement living here at Kensington Place.

There are so many ways LSS Kensington Place will make an active retirement even better that you simply must visit us. When you do, you’ll understand why we say, Kensington Place: A great place to call home!