Sunrise of Gahanna - Gahanna, OH

We really like it

While looking at other communities this facility was nice and we really liked it. It was actually in our top final choices before making a final decision. One small thing was the staff to resident ratio wasn’t necessarily adequate, seemed little less than it could be. It had 4 little neighborhoods (as they called in) in the facility. 2 were Alzheimer’s care and the other 2 were assisted living. It was kind of cute that each neighborhood looked like a home from the outside. They had their own living room and dining area. It seemed smaller which was nice and it had a homey atmosphere.

The staff enjoyed talking with the patients and knew their names and interests. The facility was a little run down but welcoming.

Understaffed

My friend is having a rough time here as she needs the lift to help her get in and out of bed and they are slow to respond to her calls when she needs her bed pan. I make sure that I go there everyday as I feel management has the community understaffed. The are 4 different houses and each house has 12 residents with 1 staff member. the staff that is there are very nice and they do try to stay on top of things. Unfortunately, there are very few communities that have lifts and can accommodate residents like my friend. I do have to supply all of her personal care items as well.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

We had a wonderful tour

We were looking here as an alternative for my father and the gentleman who helped us with our tour did a great job, he answered all our questions and took his time with us the community was nice and would have been a good fit for my father. It would have been a very hard transition for my father as he depends on my mother so we were lucky that we did not have to move him. I would definitely recommond this community to everyone.

Father is Doing Well With His Move Here

My father seems to have adjusted well to this community. I do comfortable with his move to this facility. He is safe, and in good hands. They have good staff, and they are kind, and have been helpful when needed. The community looks nice, and clean when I visit. They have activities offered for the residents. Everything has worked out well for us in this community, and I would recommend it to my friends.

A few bumps

The Sunrise of Gahanna is a beautiful well kept community. Everything is fine after a few bumps we had to overcome. In my opinion, they could use more variety in their selection of activities for the residents. There seemed to be a lack of participation from the residents. The staff was friendly and provided the care we were looking for. We are going to move to another community because of affordability.

Not the Right Fit For Us, Tour Was Okay

I had an okay experience during my tour of this community. Everyone was kind to my family, and I. The staff we met was friendly, and our questions were answered. The community appeared to be well-kept. Everything went well, but I did not feel this was the right fit for my father.

Nice Staff

Very nice people here at this community. My tour of it went well, but their prices were to expensive for our budget.

Tour Was Okay

We toured this community for my father in law, and his needs. There were many factors that played into where to place him for his needs. Our tour of this community went well, but we didn't feel this was the community for us.

A nice looking community

I loved this community when we looked at this. There is an area where the residents can sit outside. The section my loved one would have been in was small and it had a good ratio of staff to residents. They offer an exercise class in the morning. They take them on outings once a week.

Not Happy

Not at all pleased. Was lied to about costs. Only had 1 aide per 12-14 patients. It was clean and open -- felt great when we first toured -- not after Mom was there.

Sunrise Senior Living

I would give this community a B

Mom was at this community for a short respite stay. The staff were very nice. She liked the food sometimes however it was a little salty. She did not get to choose the area she stayed in. I was not wowed by the community while she was there. I would recommend looking into this community for a respite stay.

I trusted my mom would be taken care of even when I couldn't be there.

Every staff member there seemed to enjoy working there and kind to residents. My mother required a lot of extra care and they never made us feel like a bother. The price was less expensive than other places that did not seem as nice or have as friendly staff.

Everyone was kind and supportive. They have a good relationship with hospice; which unfortunately for us, we ended up needing but it was like a family and we truly appreciated everyone.

The food is the only thing I would say was not as good.

Just Not The Right Fit

We got an informative tour from a knowledgeable staff. I liked what I saw here but I thought it was a lot smaller and I was afraid my loved one would not fit in. It also seemed very communal and we needed a more private community. They had a common area where everyone gathered and had activities.

Beautiful Community!

The person that gave me the tour was very nice. We liked the community and what they had to offer. The set-up was actually what we wanted for mom too. The only thing that got in the way was the price.

Very nice. Small population. Price is higher than others.

I Could Not See Mom Here

When I was seeing the community they did not have a 2 bedroom available. The layout of the community was not what my mom would like. They were unable to fulfill her needs in a community. It was not a bad tour and the community is fine but not a right fit for us.

Pleasant Tour

My tour of this community went pretty well. Everybody was friendly and nice. The community looked nice and well maintained. From what I saw everything was nice and clean. The staff was friendly and kind as well. It was a nice experience, but it wasn't the one for my mother and her needs.

Still A Transition

The care for my mom is going as good as it can. The staff provide treatment, meals, and care. Hospice gives showers and care too. They work well together. Her room has enough space for her. The issues we had were resolved immediately. It is becoming easier for my mom and she is building friendship.

An Uncomfortable Tour

When I went there for a tour I didn't feel a friendly environment. The staff were not smiling. I like to know people like their job to provide good care for my mom. They community has limited parking spaces. The guide was not able to give me some answers to my questions, didn't seem knowledgeable.

Nice place, overall!

Overall our experience with Sunrise of Gahanna has been a good one. It's a nice looking, well kept, clean community, and the place has a very comfortable homey feel! The staff is friendly and caring, and they were a big help to us throughout the whole move-in process. Everyone here is very friendly, and they've even got a very sweet resident dog and cat. My only issue is that I feel they could have done a bit better job helping us through their medication program in the beginning. We eventually got it worked out, but it was a little confusing.

I think everything we saw was fine while we were there.

I think everything we saw was fine while we were there. I didn't have any major concerns about staff or maintenance or anything. They did a pretty good job. I would give them a four.

This was one nice facility. More intimate than some, there were wonderful, multiple common areas for dining, entertainment, crafts, and small sunroom areas off the hallways on the main area for more quiet areas. The individual rooms were seemed a bit small but the common areas more than made up for the fellowship opportunities in the other areas. The facility is pet friendly and includes a resident dog and cat. The outside areas were perfect for sitting with an area available to those seniors with a gift for gardening.

It's has been very good.

It's has been very good. We have been very pleased with them, and they have stayed on top of everything. They have kept in contact with us. They were comparable in price to others we saw, and even offered more services for the price. One of the reasons we chose them is that they offered higher levels of care, so we won't have to move again.

Small and Cozy

They kept me well informed about any changes in my dad's care. They always had him ready to take him to doctor's appointments. It is very small and cozy and it's the first time my dad has been happy, besides his house. They take extremely good care of him. They are very attentive and he says he likes the coffee and food.

A nice facility

The Sunrise of Gahanna a nice facility. The meals are also good. I would recommend the Sunrise of Gahanna. The staff and residents are very, very nice. Everyone is nice there. They also have a good selection of activities.

Our experience at Sunrise

We chose Sunrise because of the small "neighborhoods" that allowed Dad to easily get to know his neighbors, for the 24 hour nursing care and the clean, beautiful facility.
However, the nursing care was not what I expected and my father died after only 18 days there. The nurse said he had a virus that was going around and it turned out he had C-diff, a deadly infections that often occurs in assisted living facilities, hospitals and nursing homes. As it turns out, Dad's was the third case at Sunrise at the time ( the head nurse told me after Dad had died).
Just be careful and watchful where ever you place your loved ones.

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise so that we can address them. Please email us at Information (At) SunriseSeniorLiving (Dot) com with further details and your contact information so we can follow up with you. Thank you, Sunrise Team.

Our experience at Sunrise

We chose Sunrise because of the small neighborhoods that allowed Dad to easily get to know his neighbors, for the 24 hour nursing care and the clean, beautiful facility. However, the nursing care was not what I expected and my father died after only 18 days there. The nurse said he had a virus that was going around and it turned out he had C-diff, a deadly infection that often occurs in assisted living facilities, hospitals and nursing homes. As it turns out, Dad's was the third case at Sunrise at the time ( the head nurse told me after Dad had died). Just be careful and watchful where ever you place your loved ones.

Hi did visit with Kim Vale, very nice facility, but not as diverse as we would like it for our Mother and far out of our Mother's budget. Kim did give me their sister property in Bexeley that may be within our Mother's budget. I will go an visit that property sometime this week. Thanks

Very nice place

Sunrise of Gahanna is an absolutely beautiful community . I feel they have put a lot of thought in the communities. I have worked in that circle, and sometimes the younger generation don't see the value of older generation. They have it down to a science, and they have truly thought of everything.

Sunrise of Gahanna

The staff is very friendly and truly does help all of the residents there. The do take input from the residents as to what activities they want to do. The place is very clean, food is good and the courtyard they have in the center is great for the warmer months of the year.

Very nice community!

We took a tour of this community when we were looking into respite care for a loved one, and fell in love with it. They did an excellent job with the respite care. We would have loved to be able to move her here permanently, unfortunately they were completely full at the time. We did end up using another nearby Sunrise community, which was also excellent. I really liked the way this community is laid out, it is all on one floor, and is very spacious and easy to navigate.

It's a real positive experience.

It's a real positive experience. The food would be a five, it's good. They involve family members well and keep us informed. They are good at inviting the families to come and join in as well. I think they have a particularly wonderful social worker.

Very nice looking place

This was a location we toured when we were looking into options for Mom. It really looked amazing, the facility itself was beautiful and everything was immaculately clean. We were very impressed by everything that we saw. Unfortunately there was not any availability at the time we were looking, and it was a good deal more expensive than other places we were looking.

I still need to see the Woo...

I still need to see the Woodlands but this felt so homey. I loved the huge dog that came to greet me. The neighborhoods were small and homey. I would want her in assisted living there however.

Loved this and have it unde...

Loved this and have it under strong focus!

Very nice place! Everything...

Very nice place! Everything was bright and open and welcoming. Kim took a lot of time for our questions.

what i hear

Biggest complaint by the residents there is poor food. They don't like the prepared food.

Has 4 neighborhoods but limits socia...

Has 4 neighborhoods but limits socialization to 12 people. I Didn't like the small resident population. They did have a resident dog, Oreo that roamed the entire complex which was nice.