The Windsor at San Pablo - Jacksonville, FL

• Availability of Professional Service Staff 24-hours per day
  • Availability of trained clinical staff 24-hours per day
  • Utilities
  • 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • Fine dining service for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Personalized care plans
  • Daily up and about check
  • Nutritious snacks available throughout the day
  • Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs
  • Specializing in Alzheimer
  • Recreational & Social Activities
  • Assistance with all aspects of daily living
  • 3 Balanced Meals and Snacks Per Day
  • Free Nourishment Stations
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Medical Director on Staff
  • hospice care assistance
  • Free Assessment
  • Outside Patio Garden
  • Care for seniors and adults recovering from an illness
  • Full-time Activity Director
  • Massage Therapy
  • Anytime Dining

Positive experience

My mother is in memory care at The Windsor and we have had a very positive experience. The staff is accommodating, attentive and caring.

The Windsor is wonderful!

My mother has been a resident at The Windsor for over 7 months now. I have been beyond pleased with my experience! The staff is caring, reliable, and very encouraging to all the residents. My mother enjoys the outings and activities a great deal. She also loves the food and doesn't miss cooking! Great job!!!

Sarah Shannon

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are honored you and your mother chose The Windsor, and so thrilled that she's thriving with us.

Not to impressed

I wasn't too impressed with the layout of this community and the fact that there was a wall unit instead of central air with a thermostat. There were a lot of amenities for the residents but it felt more like a fancy hotel than a community and I knew my dad would not be a good fit here.

Sarah Shannon

Thank you for your review. We're disappointed to hear we fell short of your expectations and will take this feedback into consideration. We wish you and your dad all the best!

Very nice place. Couldn't have been happier.

We placed my father into Windsor when he was in mid stage dementia. He was angry, didn't understand why he had to be there, and even what the place was.

They were very patient and nice to him. While he grumbled until we had to finally move him to a Hospice facility, he was always complimentary about the people there, as well as the food. In the early stages, when he was a 'flight risk', they kept a good eye on him and kept him from venturing too far.

There are a number of activities to participate in, unfortunately he tended to refuse to take advantage of them. Many residents did, and it looked like they were having a great time.

The staff were always willing to listen to any concerns we may have had, and were very patient with us as well.

The facility is very clean, appealing and comfortable. My mother would eat with him several times a week and loved the food. I was very happy with it as well.

They helped make a tough time much easier to deal with.

Sarah Shannon

Thank you for your wonderful review! We're honored that you trusted The Windsor at San Pablo to care for your father and gratified to know that we made a difficult time easier for you and your family. We wish you all the best.

I think I'll stay!

I am a resident here. True, the community has been through some recent changes, (what place doesn't?) The think is, they are making some very good strides in response. Recently, the Director and the corporate office people came in to talk with us. They listened and are putting some of our own ideas in motion here..! I have been to several other homes in the area and none have ever done that. We like the director, he works very hard. The place is absolutely beautiful and they work hard to keep it that way. Some people don't like the food, (most do) but the menu has a lot of different choices, and some don't like anything but their own cooking. I made a decision to stay. I don't think I would find anything better. I like it here.

Sarah Shannon

Thanks for your kind review! We're thrilled to hear you're happy at The Windsor at San Pablo, and we always appreciate your feedback. Let the front desk know if you think of any news ways to make The Windsor even better!

My Dad is improving

My father is now living at The Windsor after spending time in a rehab for a fall. I live in the Midwest, so finding a place where I could trust the care my father is receiving and the communication I would have with the staff was very critical. The staff at The Windsor has been fantastic in communicating how my father is doing, and his activities. The physical therapist touches base with me every week to keep me informed of his PT progress, I receive texts with photos of my Dad doing fun things. I even get an occasional video of him saying hello...all of this from the staff. I have peace of mind because of their going above-and-beyond the call of duty to stay in touch with me. He is healing quickly from his fall.

Sarah Shannon

Thanks for your kind review! We're honored that you and your father chose The Windsor and thrilled to hear that our care and communication are giving you peace of mind.

I no longer recommend

My mother has been a resident of this ALF since it opened. It was very nice at that time and the food was very good. Things have drastically changed since then. Nearly three years later and it has gone severely down hill. The food quality is very bad compared to how it used to be. I have a feeling they are no longer preparing the meals on site as you can never smell food cooking, it is tasteless, bland and cold. Most dinners consist of a lunch meat sandwich on stale bread with french fries. The dining room staff is very disorganized and unprofessional looking and in their actions. Rather than asking what may I get for you [Removed], they say what you want? There is a constant turnover of employees which says management is poor. The administrator acts very accommodating when told of a problem but nothing seems to get better just forgotten. They lost my mother's medication on more than one occasion and when she falls in her room they are very slow if ever to respond. I am tired of her complaints and feel terrible leaving her there but I feel I have no other choice since she is not willing to ;move. On the bright side they do have side trips to restaurants and mystery rides that mom seems to enjoy. She also likes some of the activities and has met nice people and employees there. It seems like the reviews on here are from people looking at the Windsor not from those who have lived there. I wish I could move my mother somewhere else but everything seems nice on the surface and I'm afraid to jump from the frying pan into the fire. I hope things improve, I know many of the residents have been complaining.

Great Respite Stay for Mom

My mother stayed at The Windsor for a one month respite stay while I went on trip to Europe. I felt total peace of mind knowing she was in good hands. We had looked at several places before choosing the Windsor and we made the right choice. Mom had a great experience and made new friends. Her apartment was furnished so beautifully, and she only had to bring her suitcase. She felt that it was like her own vacation, too. We will definitely go back to The Windsor.

Sarah Shannon

We appreciate the wonderful review! Vacations are an excellent opportunity to try respite care at The Windsor, and we're so thrilled that your mother enjoyed her stay with us while you got some well-deserved relaxation. We look forward to seeing you and your mother again!

My Aunt is so Happy

My Aunt has lived at The Windsor for almost a year, and she is truly happy and engaged. She's made several new friends and loves her apartment overlooking the gorgeous courtyard. Even though she was reluctant to leave her home in the beginning, she has started a new chapter and she's so much more engaged and social. She hardly has time for us these days, but we visit often, and even our teenage son loves to go because of the amazing movie theater.

Sarah Shannon

Thanks for your wonderful review! We are so pleased to hear that your aunt is doing well at The Windsor at San Pablo. Change can be scary, but we're here to help! We hope your aunt (and your son!) continue to enjoy all our community has to offer.

Great Respite Care

We are using this community for their respite services, and so far everything is working out very well. My father is doing well, and they are taking good of him. I know he is safe, and in good hands at this facility. The staff is great, they have been very helpful, and kind. The community looks nice, and well-kept. I have already recommended this community to one of clients. It is nice community, and I would recommend it.

Sarah Shannon

Thank you for your wonderful review! We're glad to hear your father is doing well at The Windsor at San Pablo. We appreciate the recommendation as well!

Caring and Responsive

Very Caring and responds quickly to questions and/or concerns. They also recently had their annual state survey and had no citations or issues. Glad I chose it!

Sarah Shannon

Thanks for your kind review! We are proud of our citation-free state survey and so glad to hear you've had a positive experience with our amazing associates. They are truly top-notch. Thanks for choosing The Windsor at San Pablo!

Food is horrible

A family member has lived at this facility since December 2016. We as well as many of the other residents are very disappointed with the food and food choices more than anything. Due to this the amount of waste is unbelievable. The facility itself appears quite clean, however the smell of urine is many times evident in the corridors. The people and caregivers are very nice and friendly, however it is basically assisted living without assistance. As soon as assistance is required the price goes up. The activities are the same every day, bingo, movie, crafts and are very juvenile. Sadly, this center is very convenient to health care so I most likely will not be moving to another facility.

Grateful for The Windsor of San Pablo staff & family!

I placed my 93 year old mother at The Windsor at San Pablo 6 months ago and have been so pleased with the facility and staff. From the day I met the Sales Director, [Removed] and her team, my mother and I were embraced like we were already a part of their family! They were so excited she was a "Rosie the Riveter" World War II veteran and couldn't wait for her to join their family of veterans. Their passion and caring for the residents is transparent and in the wake of Hurricane Matthew they exceeded my expectations. [Removed] Best, Residence Director, rolled out the red carpet for our family and invited us to stay with Mom during a very stressful weather experience. Not just our family, but they also included the families of their employees so they could be together during the storm in a safe environment. This speaks volumes to their level of care for their residents and as an employer! My Mom is happy & secure at the Windsor and I am so grateful for her her Windsor family and for making the decision to move her to The Windsor of San Pablo!

Sarah Shannon

Thank you for the incredible review! We’re so thrilled to have your mother in the Windsor at San Pablo family and glad to hear she’s happy and connecting with other residents who served our country. We’ll pass on the wonderful feedback to our talented, hardworking staff – and we look forward to continuing to exceed your expectations!

Mom loves it!

My mother is currently in this community. She loves it! The staff are friendly and responsive to her needs. They are making positive changes, brought in a new director who is hands on with the residents and the staff, and are bringing in an RN to add more clinical experience to the nursing department. This has been a joy for mom, and for us!

Grandma is Happy

My grandmother lives at The Windsor now and our family is delighted with her new life. She has made several new friends and stays active all the time. The staff is very friendly and the environment is warm and cozy. It feels like home for the family as well. Super happy with our decision.

I experienced a good tour!!

The staff I met at this community were nice. The units were a little larger than we were looking for. It was a little more expensive than the other community we liked. This community just did not feel right for us.

Need Better Communication!!

There are so many changes happening at the moment. They got a new director and a different head nurse. There also hasn't been many activities going on because some of the staff have been in meetings. The cleanliness is okay but it could be better. The staff however has been friendly. At the moment i have been the one updating with them it would be nice if they did this.

Excellent Facility

Very friendly and caring staff. Mom is in the memory unit and is wheelchair bound but they are treating her with kindness. Her memory is better than most of the residents there but we hope she will get involved more.

Baye Winegar

The Windsor is committed to quality care and supporting the dignity, rights and independence of all seniors. Thank you for sharing your comments about your experience at The Windsor of San Pablo. The Windsor's Memory Care neighborhood is dedicated to providing compassionate care combined with the latest therapy and parallel programming for seniors diagnosed with Alzheimer's and other dementias. We are honored by your trust in allowing us to serve and care for your mother.

AAAAAAAAAAGreat

All good

Baye Winegar

The Windsor is committed to quality care and supporting the dignity, rights and independence of all seniors. Thank you for sharing your comments on The Windsor of San Pablo.

Nice looking place, expensive

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. This was a very nice looking place, it was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, it was on the expensive side and out of the price range we were looking in. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

Nice looking place

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. We ended up selecting another community, but this was our second choice and is definitely worth a look for anyone searching in the area!

Baye Winegar

The Windsor is committed to quality care and supporting the dignity, rights and independence of all seniors. Thank you for your interest in The Windsor of San Pablo and in sharing your comments about your experience.

got so full so quick that the staff isn't catching up

At The Windsor at San Pablo they got so full so quick that the staff isn't catching up with the population. There seems to be not be a lot of communication with the staff as far as medication goes. Everything else at this facility is good.

Baye Winegar

The Windsor was fine, it was very nice.

We looked here when we were looking at respite options. The Windsor was fine, it was very nice. They had minimum stay requirements for respite though, and while I completely understood, it didn't work for our needs.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Windsor of San Pablo.

Working well so far!

Overall I think they do a good job at The Windsor at San Pablo! My loved ones have only been here a short time, but they seem to be settling in well. The staff is friendly and caring, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. They have a lot to offer the people who live here! The food is decent, and they've got a good variety of activities and events (I do think it would be nice if they had a few more activities planned with the men in mind). So far we're pleased with our choice!

Baye Winegar

The Windsor is committed to quality care and supporting the dignity, rights and independence of all seniors. Thank you for sharing your comments about your experience at The Windsor of San Pablo. Please feel free to share any ideas or thoughts with the Residence Director or by calling our Customer Care line.

Absolutely beautiful! Everything is elegant and the staff very friendly and informative. It was one of our top two choices for my parents. The movie theatre, spa, bistro, country kitchen, etc., were inviting. I would live there myself!

Baye Winegar

Alot of Kinks to Work Out.

I moved my husband into the Windsor and have since moved him to another community. It is a beautiful place but being so new I think they still have alot of kinks to work out. Not a great experience.

Baye Winegar

The Windsor is committed to quality care and supporting the dignity, rights and independence of all seniors. Thank you for sharing your comments about your experience. Your feedback will be used to better serve the residents at The Windsor of San Pablo.

New facility

Beautiful facility and friendly personnel . A lack of communication between personnel about patients is a problem. Medication distribution also a problem. Im hoping the problems will work themselves out since this is a relatively new place. Management addresses problems when brought to their attention but not totally solved.

Baye Winegar

Visited office, warm friend...

Visited office, warm friendly staff. Menu adequate, allows for substitutions, they told us of many activities that residents can participate in. Invited to opening of the Ortega facility on Sunday. Will have a better feel when we can see the physical building and meet staff. RN coordinator and LPN's on staff. So there are professionals on site. More after Sunday

Baye Winegar

Thank your for your interest in The Windsor of San Pablo and in sharing your comments about your experience.

The Windsor at San Pablo is a caring assisted living community located in Jacksonville, Florida. We are committed to providing residents with the care and support they need, including memory care. Jacksonville is a vibrant city with much to offer to both residents and guests including great opportunities to hike, go bird watching, or spend time at the zoo.

At The Windsor at San Pablo, we honor each resident's independence, personal choices and dignity. Visit us for a tour, and you'll see how our combination of an inviting residential setting along with caring, helpful staff is the right choice for your housing or service needs.

Every design feature of The Windsor is based on our philosophy of service and our dedication to creating quality environments and service delivery systems for the residents we serve. The strength of our design arises from our long careful study of the ideal environment for helping seniors maximize their independence and their enjoyment of individually chosen lifestyles.

Exterior
You’ll feel at home in this beautifully landscaped residential setting.
• Elegant, classical architecture
• Porte Cochère – providing weatherfree access to front entrance
• Landscaped enclosed courtyard
• Covered outdoor living spaces

Apartments
Designed with the comforts of home and engineered with the functionality to support independence.
• Eight distinctive apartment styles
• Kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator, sink, and cabinetry
• Wall-to-wall carpeting except bathrooms
• Large bathroom with curbless shower
• Emergency call system with speaker response
• Telephone and television connections
• Individually controlled heating and air conditioning

Interior
Generous gathering areas inspire an enriching lifestyle full of friends and new experiences.
• Personal Care Suite providing health and wellness evaluations and services
• Harmony Day Spa featuring a therapeutic whirlpool spa, full service salon and massage therapy
• Elegant dining in the Palma Sola
• Bistro for casual dining and snacks
• Enclosed courtyard/screened lanai