HARBORCHASE OF JACKSONVILLE - Jacksonville, FL

HARBORCHASE OF JACKSONVILLE - Jacksonville, FL has yet not published prices.

Great place!

Perfect place if you want a smaller, bed and breakfast feel! Amazing care and food!

Hidden Gem!

This community is truly a gem!!! Its extremely warm and welcoming team made my loved one feel right at home! The food is PHENOMENAL!!!

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much Cindy! We sincerely appreciate your kind words about our community and its friendly associates. We look forward to serving you and your family for years to come.

[Name removed] was informative and a pleasure to speak with about my fathers situation. I enjoyed getting to see HarborChase and learn what it offers .

Terrible experience for both my parents at HarborChase of Jacksonville

Both my parents lived at HarborChase - my father in Memory Care and my mother in Assisted Living. Here are a few of many problems they encountered: (1) The family was not notified of a scabies outbreak in Memory Care. My father and other residents were treated without our knowledge or consent. (2) The Memory Care unit was sometimes unstaffed - residents were completely unattended. On one such occasion, my father was injured by another resident. (3) My father's medications were not given according to doctor's orders. Management could not locate his medication log when we requested a copy for his doctor. (4) The air conditioner in my mother's room stopped working because the filter was completely clogged with dirt. A persistent cough, which began shortly after she moved in, went away after the air filter was changed. (5) There were live roaches in my mother's room. I requested a family meeting with the Executive Director to voice our concerns. Instead of addressing the care and safety issues, She gave us 45 days to "find another facility" for my parents. 22 days later, they moved to a new home. HarborChase kept their $3,500.00 deposit and the pre-paid rent - approximately $15,000.00 for the 27 days before we were told to vacate and the 22 days it took to find another facility. If I had checked with the State of Florida for complaints against HarborChase and taken the time to verify credentials of people who worked there, I would have avoided a terrible experience. But I didn't. I believed what I saw and heard during the tour - not realizing that a facility can be staged to look clean, well-staffed, and safe - with troublesome patients kept out of sight. HarborChase is a horrendous memory for us, but fortunately, my parents are safe and happy in their new home.

Like a Bed and Breakfast

They didn't have much in the way of facility. They didn't have a gym for activity like other places. It seemed more like a bed an breakfast with no library or computer room. It was also much more expensive, probably because of where they are located near the beach on San Pablo Road. Didn't appeal to my dad because the units were very small and seemed like a small motel room.