The Westmont - Santa Clara, CA

My daughter and I met with [name removed], a resident volunteer was covering for the gal who normally does the tours, as she was on vacation. We got a comprehensive tour & general price guidelines but I left wanting to know specific availability & pricing, which he didn’t or couldn’t give me. However, my brother also visited and had a tour; he was able to get specific pricing and availability.

Absolutely caring community - both staff and residents! Very homey feel. Fairly quiet at 11:00am but the residents I met were very pleasant. Very informative tour and great to also speak with the person working with the separate home care staff, located within the building. If it were closer to where I live I would highly consider this for my mom.
The only reason I don't give a 5 star is due to it's urban location - no grounds to walk around, just an inner courtyard and 2nd story balcony.

Holiday Marketing

Hello, we really appreciate your feedback! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you. We hope to see you again soon!

This community is my first choice. It has all the amenities one could want & everyone was very gracious & professional when I visited(twice, once with each daughter)

Made You Feel Welcome

On the tour and the guide saw a staff member they would promptly introduce us to them which we found very nice made us feel valued and welcome. The residents were happy to sit down and chat with you for while and share their experiences there they all seemed to be happy and friendly. The community was well taken care of clean, not cluttered.

Not a good fit for me anymore.

I had lived in this facility for awhile, and it was just fine, but I could not stay due to the fact that there were continuous issues with the elevator, which does not work for my specific situation.

Our Tour

My mom liked the community but it was too far away from my house. She wanted to be close for convenient visits. They were very good with the tour and good with following up after the tour.

We are happy here and I would recommend this community.

This community has gone through a lot of personnel changes recently. They lost both chefs and they have a brand new general manager. The chef that comes in is good. There is a brand new activities director so there is not currently a lot of activities. The community is well maintained as they just painted and cleaned the carpets. There were some misunderstandings when we moved in regarding transportation and the food. Transportation is limited and they do not offer meals to accommodate certain diet needs.

We liked the tour for care. We were able to get our questions answered. The community was clean and we liked that they had a good variety of activities that would have been offered. The menu seemed appealing. We would suggest that other families tour this community for good care with a nice value.

Food needs improvement.

I liked this community, my parents liked it. The staff was great and it's a nice community. The differences were the food was lacking in quality. During our tour, we ordered four different dishes and they were all poor.The community is in a great location but it was more expensive and in a less serene location than other communities we looked at.

Building looks tired...

I did not like this community at all. The layout was weird and more like a retirement home than an assisted living community. It wasn't very clean. The whole place was outdated and could use a renovation.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, My name is Katie, and I'd like to thank you for reaching out and sharing your honest feedback! I am very sorry our community's appearance did not meet your expectations, but sincerely appreciate your sharing your opinion with us. We love what we do, and strive to deliver an exceptional experience for our seniors and their families -- we hope, if nothing else, we were able to impart this sense to you during your visit with us. Of course, if you think of or would like to share any additional comments or pieces of feedback, we invite you to reach out anytime. We can be reached by phone at [removed], or email at [removed]. And of course, we welcome you back anytime should you change your mind after looking at other communities, either now or down the road. We look forward to hearing from you, and thank you once again for coming out to visit! Take good care!

Good impression

I toured The Westmont and it was positive. The staff was nice.I would recommend them.

A good place

The staff at The Westmont are helpful and wonderful. The food is pretty good. They offer a variety of activities including bingo and they had a super bowl party with wings included. The community has a nice set up and they keep it very clean. I would recommend this community.

Okay so far but could use some improvement

Things are going okay. They have a enough people on hand but in the beginning they lacked constancy with the people on staff. They would have a different person everyday and that is difficult for someone like my mother who has dementia. They also don't offer rental statements. The meals they provide are adequate for a senior but they don't accommodate to dietary restrictions such as no dairy, etc. We chose this community because I had the option to stay with my mother. It helps her when I get off work and i'm there during the night. They also offer hotel-like service.The housekeepers will come in your room and change your linens and switch out toiletries.

Very nice place!

My tour of The Westmont went well. The staff was all very nice and friendly. The place was a bit more expensive than what we were looking for. It was more in the city and my loved one wanted something more home-like. This community would be perfect for someone just not for my father in law.

Very unique activities!

The day my mother moved in they had a management change so things were a little disorganized to start off. Other than that they accommodate us very well. It's a very nice environment and very clean. They offer many activities and things to do.My mother loves her Ta chi and exercise classes. She said they are even offering a "how to use a cell phone" tutorial next week!I tried the food the first day she was there and it was delicious!

Great Staff!!

I really was impressed during my visit of this community with how the staff was involved and interacted with the residents. They also offered my loved one and I a chance to try one of there meals to make sure my mother would like it. The bedrooms where clean and seemed to be well maintained which was a positive thing to see. Overall great experience just did not end up being the right for my mother.

Slightly above average retirement community.

I had been under the impression from management when I first moved into Westmont, that there would be outings to places of interest, plays, shows, etc. As of now, these have not been on the agenda, to my great disappointment. Other activities such as card games, exercise classes, bocce ball games, etc. are enjoyable.

I am aware that providing nutritious food and cooking for a great number of people with numerous tastes and diets is a daunting task. Still, I think that meals provided are neither plentiful nor of the best quality. Most are much too salty for good health, particularly for seniors who have ailments restricting sodium intake. Also, with the exception of breakfast, there is little or no variety in selection. Meals have been a major disappointment for me and many others.

I must compliment all employees for their friendliness and hard work. They appear to be doing double duty and handling it well.

[Removed] seems very knowledgeable and gladly shares info. room rates are very reasonable.Kitchenettes are a big plus. "Great Call" emergency response system is a value to their customers

The staff here is real friendly and you see people moving around the place. I like the room layout and the neighborhood community. It seems real active and the people all looked happy. I also liked the cost of the rooms compared to other communities. It feels like home rather than a hospital room.

This community did not feel like the right place for my mom!

The Westmont is decently sized. We came for our tour around lunch time and they asked us to come back. This community was a little to far away for our family. The community seemed clean and the person I met during the tour was nice but it felt like they were a salesperson.

Lovely people and facility

Very friendly staff and residents. My mom has been received in a kind and open fashion by everyone she has met and has had a positive experience so far.

Mealtime is very structured (on a set schedule) which is an adjustment of her, but everything else has been wonderful.

There is an onsite nursing service which is a wonderful addition to this community.

Met with Deborah. She was very helpful. Even offered for us to stay for lunch but we had a tight schedule as we had a back to back appointment at Villa Serena. There were things we liked but want to check out some other places before making a decision

The Westmont is a good place!!

I gave this community this rating as I do not have a lot to reference this community against. My parents are still settling in and this has been a great place for them. The community seems to be well maintained and very tidy. I did get the opportunity to try a few meals there and while the service may sometimes be slow the food is good. My parents like the live music when it is there and they have started to participate in the arm chair exercises. There apartment was remodeled before they moved in and it looks like new.

4 stars

The staff are friendly and encouraging. I enjoy dining in the dining area because engaging with the other residents is nice. The food is amazing and the dining area is always spotless

Nice place

This is a very nice place that is clean and well run. The staff is always helpful and very attentive to the residents. They made the transition in moving here go smoothly. This has been a difficult decision for us, but I think we made the right one.

So far, this has been a good experience.

Friendly staff

If I could rate the friendliness of the staff a 6 I would and also the care services.

Everyone is NICE! Had many choices for my parents but chose this as for the price .... can't beat it. Food was a huge concern and overall .... excellent.

Absolutely Amazing

We needed a place for my brother, and it was not easy in the area to find something great, but from the moment i contacted them they have been hospitable and have done everything I asked and have been welcoming and kind and I feel fortunate we have been able to find the place and secure a friendly and safe environment for my loved one.

very impressed

I have been very impressed with The Westmont. I really like how they included me in all of their activities and informed me of everything in a way that I could adequately explain to the couple that I helped move in there. They were in a very tough spot and this solution really turned out to be a blessing for them.

The Westmont is a great place!

Everyone at the Westmont has taken such good care of my mother since she arrived there last June. She has really blossomed since moving in and meeting so many nice people. She absolutely loves her apartment! She's had two hospitalizations since moving to the Westmont, and everyone has been so caring during her recuperation back at home. Everyone who works there goes out of their way to make sure mom is okay. They help me sleep at night now!

The actual units are small and not great but the facility and common grounds are good. It's like a high-rise style apt building (maybe 5-6) floors. Avg age looks older, like mid 80's.

really great staff

They have a really great staff at The Westmont. The activities are wonderful, although I do feel they could expand a little (maybe some sort of crafts, and maybe something like a spa day). Overall it has been a very positive experience, and I would definitely highly recommend The Westmont.

Very Happy with Westmont

My friend, June need a place to live independently yet in a safe setting. The staff has been helpful and friendly. The cost feels like a lot, but when I shopped around it is actually on the low end for an independent apartment that includes all the activities and meals.

Independent Living Gem in Santa Clara

This is a wonderful caring community. The staff has been very easy to deal with. My 88 year old Mom who is living on her own for the first time in her life is thriving.

So far so good

Westmont appears to be a good value for the price. In this area Units under $3,000 a month that include meals is appealing. Lots of common areas. Other residence very friendly. Elevators are slow and both are not always working. With apartments on 4 floors this can be an issue as most residents can not take stairs. Apartments are ok but some have floor plan with odd angels. Since by design they are small the Angeles short walls makes furniture arrange tricky. Staff have been friendly but seem very busy with business. My friend just moved on so long term my opinion may change.

It’s very good for him.

My father lives there. The food could be better. It’s an excellent price. It’s very good for him. They are very friendly. They could be faster to respond, but they responded right away when he needed a bar.

It’s a good value, but the food could be better. It is clean and friendly.

One year residents

Husband and wife living here 1 year. 2 bedroom apartment at 1 person price. High staff turnover. Meals not very good but for the cost of this apartment, can't complain. New laundry equipment. Exterior maintenance recently. Transportation van needs maintenance to reduce bouncing. Problem with petty theft. Not assisted-living. Pets allowed but no grassy area for dogs.

Good environment. However w...

Good environment. However we are not sure about whether we can get the needed specific caregiving.

May require more private ca...

May require more private care which exceeds are budget. Studio runs about $2K per month. Social envirnment, however would need hired help to get around and get assistance.

Debra is AWFUL to my mother

There is one particular staff member there named Debra who has given my mom a hard time since she introduced herself. She reprimands my mother in front of the other residents for showing up to lunch late. Lunch is from 12 - 1 and if she shows up at 1:05 she gets talked to like a preschooler. Other people notice and have commented about it to me. They are also not responsive to maintenance requests. Those are the two main things.

I think it's clean and a nice place and the other staff members are really sweet, nice, and responsive - Debra is the only issue. My mother was going to take their transport to see me in the hospital which is 9 miles away. The transportation service is supposed to go up to 10 miles away. Debra told my mom the transport doesn't go to Los Gatos but when my mother worked with another manager and asked the driver directly it was not problem. That woman just doesn't let up. It just seems weird. My mom can be difficult but no one I've talked to likes Debra.

Very nice apartments in one...

Very nice apartments in one building. Dining room easily accesible. Lots of residents out and about. Worked with Cindy. She said she could bring J over to visit. J would have to contract out for care, but facility has a list of referrals.

Old, not attractive.

Old, not attractive.

Very nice place, common areas such as...

Very nice place, common areas such as dining, courtyard somewhat small. Pricing right on, allow small pets, walking distance to bank, drug store, eateries, but no grounds to speak of, but gated underground parking! A huge plus in that neighborhood. A City Hall park about 2 blocks away, neighborhood a bit iffy for me personally. Home Health necessary here if we need more assistance, we contract.

On site beauty salon.

On site beauty salon.

A little bit quiter. Very clean. Pa...

A little bit quiter. Very clean. Part kitchen and part bathroom in 1 BR.

It's hard to know what "marks" to giv...

It's hard to know what "marks" to give the Westmont, being my first tour. But it seemed like a nice fit. And the director was the consummate tour guide, as well as a compassionate and friendly person.

Knew of and toured previously. Reall...

Knew of and toured previously. Really came down to this place and Pacific Gardens. However Independent Living starter option and particularly nice garden patio unit now open finally got mom's interest (despite being a bit farther).

Toured this facility a couple of time...

Toured this facility a couple of times and found it acceptable. Primary concern is, of course, the expense.

Built on beautiful grounds in a quiet corner of Santa Clara, you’ll love the tasteful quality of our facilities while enjoying all the convenience of the nearby community. We’re just minutes from shopping, healthcare, dining and wonderful local attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind