Belmont Village San Jose - San Jose, CA

Belmont Village of San Jose, California is located in a city that is renowned for its quality of life, beautiful climate, and variety of exciting cultural, recreational, educational and entertainment opportunities. The facility is ideally situated directly across the street from the famed Winchester Mystery House, and next door to Santana Row with world-class shopping, restaurants and entertainment. With easy access to no less than eight freeways, Belmont is also near major healthcare facilities and places of worship for our assisted living residents.

The Mission-style building is surrounded by safe and secure outdoor areas where residents and their guests can enjoy a relaxing stroll in the Mediterranean climate. The stylish interiors are centered on wide corridors that are easy for residents to navigate. And an active Resident Council provides input on food, community lifestyle, and small and large group activities such as outings to San Francisco, museums, theaters, lectures and more.

Great activities!

I an very pleased with the staff here. They do what they can to take great care of my loved one. She also gets many chances to participate in activities, and she's even in an activity group called "Circle of Friends", which helps dementia patients to adjust. We are very satisfied!

No don't recommend.

This was a big mistake. My mother went to this place in good spirits and health. They sold us on what a great place this is and no additional outside care is needed. My mother lived independently and fell once. Since she is at Belmont, her health has deteriorated for the worse dramatically. On the second day we were asked to add a caregiver for her for 24/7. My mother was more agitated, the food is little to be desired, and the staff even worse. The staff makes me feel that they are incompetent and do not know what they are doing. We saw residents going into other people's rooms while that resident was sleeping and take some of her clothing. We let staff know what happened. My mother falls so much now with it without caregivers. I would not recommend this place at all to anyone. It's been a nightmare. Can't wait to get her out.

Tour for care

We toured this community for my wife's care. We did like the staff who were nice and able to answer the questions on the care that is required. The community is clean and the menu was appealing. We would suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a loved.

One of My Tours

They were a good community and in the mater of trying to fit into what was being offered and finding a good fit for brother was a new experience to me. On the tour they were pretty much professional and friendly. I went through the whole community. It was helpful to have a list of communities to visit from A Place For Mom. This was not the right fit.

Community is good but the food needs some work.

The experience with Belmont has been good and mom is adjusting. The staff level is adequate. I know she's been having an issue with the quality and temperature of her meals. For example, they served her food cold last night and the snap peas on her plate were raw. Other than the meals, things have been good and I would recommend them.

Thankful we found a place for both parents in the same building

Belmont Village Community is new to us. Our parents were in desperate need of getting out of their home of over 50 years. The transition from their home was excellent using a referral from Belmont to move them. The move was seamless and we didn't have to do anything. Our dad has dementia/alzheimer's disease so bad he really doesn't understand. Our mom is trying to adjust. She misses her home and probably always will. We know she is in a safe place, eating well and has dad on a lower level floor so she sees him and has meals with him daily. This is very expensive $17K+/- per month. It is worth every penny knowing they are safe and cared for.
I am saving for my old days, with hopes that I will be a healthy enough to not need 24 hour care.

It Was Too Busy

They gave me good tour of the community and I thought it looked very nice. I also got a knowledgeable tour guide who provided me with good feedback and was on time for our meeting. After looking around the place, I thought it was too busy. We needed a calmer and peaceful atmosphere.

Lorena Grimes

Thank you for considering Belmont Village. We’re glad you had a positive experience during your visit. We do have an active community and encourage a social environment for our residents. We also respect quiet time and I encourage you to visit communities at various times of the day as you continue your search.

I usually never write reviews, but Belmont Village of San Jose is such a wonderful assisted-living facility that I had to write something, My father-in-law moved in there about 6 weeks ago, and we are very happy with our decision to place him there. He gets wonderful care, and the caregivers treat the residents with such respect and concern for their well-being. Peggy [removed] (Community Relations person at Belmont Village of San Jose) was/is so amazingly caring and helpful, she made what could have been a very stressful experience (moving in, etc.) so much easier/smoother for everyone involved!

Still adjusting

Dad has been at Belmont Village for some time now and still trying to adjust although he seems to be doing okay with the place. The staff and the circle of friends he has there really makes things easier and he has gone out on scenic drives with the community and also enjoys movie nights. Dad really likes the food there and says there is definitely plenty for seconds and thirds! The staff are always very responsive and even send the family pictures of Dad to keep us all updated! We are completely happy with Belmont and would recommend.

Review of Belmont Village San Jose - San Jose, CA

Really liked this place. This is the Cadillac of facilities. From the kind and patient staff to the proximity to Santana Row you could not ask for more. There Circle of Friends program allows the person to age in place because it has 4 levels. The only drawback for us is the price. However it is an all inclusive program

We are pretty happy with them so far.

We are pretty happy with them so far. We just liked the overall atmosphere there. In general there seemed to be more energy here. We really liked the feel of it.

Great experience. The staff is very focused on providing a great experience for the residents. They seek to help while maintaining the residents dignity.

Belmont Villages San Jose

It's been a good place for my father who has cognitive decline. The staff takes good care of the residents and they are very positive people. The food is very good. The apartments are spacious.

He does wish there were better programs. The same single musicians come which gets old for him. The card games are attended only by women so He ends up spending a lot of time in his room.

Thrilled!!

The Belmont organization provided everything we needed to move our mom quickly into her new home. We were introduced to a moving company who took care of all the moving in details, including helping me arrange the room and hang pictures. The kind and caring staff took our mom in the morning, integrating her immediately into her Circle of Friends group while we moved her things. She was doing so well on that day that we were able to show her her room, all set up and ready, before we left. We waited the suggested 3-4 days before returning to check on her to find she had quickly made many friends, was smiling, laughing and in general really ejpnjoying herself. It has now been 3 months as I write this review that she moved in. I'm very pleased to report all is going well beyond my hopes. I am thrilled with the level of attention and care she is receiving. A huge relief to me and my family members

Belmont Village was absolutely wonderful.

Belmont Village was absolutely wonderful. Out of five I would give them five and a half. She was very well cared for and happy there. The staff here were exemplary. We didn't have any concerns at all.

Feeling peaceful

Our mom has been a resident at Belmont San Jose since the New Year. She was on an unusual, rapid decline of dementia from presumably Alzheimer's that even had her doctors scratching their heads at her situation. The task of finding "a place for mom" suddenly became a top priority above all other things during Christmas 2014. Our very stressful situation turned into plesant surprise when upon evaluation, by the very qualified folks at Belmont San Jose, they acknowledged her advanced, declined state, but decided her personality and personal determination we're going to be a good fit into the Circle of Friends community. Our research, provided largely in part by 'A Place for Mom' .com, showed the Belmont communities as having the most proactive and effective approach to treating and handling persons with dementia. I'm happy to report i wholeheartedly agree. Memory care residents are intermingled with regular residents (not locked down). They have PALS who keep an eye on their coming and goings. They are proactively gathered into daily activities (work as my mom calls it) to exercise their bodies and their minds. Our family unanimously agrees she is happier and healthier since her transition into the Belmont community.

Looked nice during our tour

We toured this community when we were searching for care options for our loved one. Belmont Village San Jose was a nice looking place, overall! The we spoke to seemed friendly, and the facility was clean and well kept.

Peggy, Scott, Jose and the entire team of people in service at the Belmont San Jose are caring, energetic, and up-beat. We couldn't be more pleased at how they transitioned our mom on move in day. No tears. All smiles.

Amy Self

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for choosing Belmont Village. We're so happy that you and your mom had such a smooth transition. Welcome!

Nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this was a nice looking place overall. I liked the fact that the memory care patients are not kept isolated from everyone else, and that the community is all just one connected building so you can't get lost.

For most people it's fine.

They are okay. I think for most people they are fine. We are having a difficult time getting adjusted. It's clean and the staff is friendly. But the communication among the staff, and with the family is not that good. We don't hear about a lot of things, or we hear about them really late. I think my loved one's condition has declined since coming here. When we first came and toured they seemed to be much more organized, now it seems like no one has any answers. If we ask a question they take forever to get back to us, and they have to check with this person or that person. I am just not very impressed.

Clean, homey, new furnishings

I'm very happy with it.

Three factors that I chose it for. First they had an open spot. Second, the place is clean and doesn't smell like an institution. 3. I didn't get a lot of marketing pressure. Everyone I talked to including the residents were very friendly. Finally this place is fifteen miles from my house.

My mother says they always keep me busy.

The only thing I don't care for is that there are only two elevators, which makes it hard if there are five or six wheelchairs. This means that there is often a line to use the elevators.

The rooms are nice. They are very accommodating. I was even allowed to borrow a bed, while we were moving her in. They helped me get bedding for her. The carpets are new, with no stains. The place feels good.

This is an amazing facility...

This is an amazing facility and Peg Bulger is a tremendous asset. Thank you for this recommendation.

Circle of Friends

On the value – it costs a lot – so it’s hard to rate – just going on the cost – I’d have to give them a three. They have a great memory care program. They divide ‘circle of friends’ activities to cognitive levels – this is one of the reasons we chose this community.

Great for Mom, but too expe...

Great for Mom, but too expensive. We'd burn through Mom's remaining savings too quickly.

Great!

Belmont Village has been great. I rated the activities just a little bit lower because I think they could maybe use some better variety. Perhaps, something more intellectually stimulating - such as having speakers come in. Although they do have lots of BINGO and Bunko. Also, the food is excellent! We eaten there several times, and they have a good variety with healthy choices.

Visited on November 22. Ver...

Visited on November 22. Very much like Belmont Sunnyvale. Very nice. Like Belmont Sunnyvale it has a Circle of Friends program. Caregivers seem dedicated; residents look to be happy. A negative--perhaps a big negative--not much in the way of outdoor space. There are no gardens to speak of. Mother, I think, would miss this sort of thing greatly. They do have availability.

Good Care at Belmont Village

The overall care is very good. They have good activites. They do outings and crafts, exercise classes and things like that. My parents say the food is good too.

Nice Place, Dememtia Care for Calm Individuals

My mother moved in here a few weeks ago. Sadly, it wasn't a good fit for her. It is a lovely facility with very friendly staff. The rooms are bright and airy. The staff is helpful and go out of their way to help. The food is delicious. Unfortunately, we couldn't make this work.

My mother has dementia and is very active. She was on their memory care floor which was nice, but is not a locked community. A large part of the day is spent sitting in classes or sitting while doing activities which most residents enjoy. My mother is VERY active and hated all the sitting. She didn't like them telling her she couldn't do what she wanted, so she kept trying to leave. Belmont Village isn't really equiped to handle that, so we had to pay for a one-on-one assistant. That got to be very expensive, and the constant supervision made my mom even more upset. By the time we moved her out, we had spent thousands of dollars to try to make this work.

This is a great dementia care community if your loved one is not going to try to leave, and they are pretty calm. It is expensive, so be sure you really think about how they will act once they cannot come and go as they please (if they are on the dementia care floor.) Will they stay with the group? Do they like to sit or are they constantly active? Do you have money to pay for extra care if needed? Consider these things before you move here.

We placed my mother in Belmont Villag...

We placed my mother in Belmont Village of San Jose and we have been very happy with them. There have been a few glitches, I mean, people are people and its not like she's the only person they have to take care of but overall they're doing an excellent job and mom is well cared for.

Luxurious

It's a couple grand more a month but you end up with organic food which is appealing. They have happy hour every afternoon. There's a point where you're not getting much more for your money but luxury, chandeliers and things. The price is variable but the rooms are not all the same so you could pay less but you'd be in a tiny, dinky little room.

We'll be checking in to Belmont Villa...

We'll be checking in to Belmont Village of San Jose on August 4th. Right now we're taking out things over and moving in to our suite.

It looks like they've got a lot of activities. They have yoga and chair aerobics. The food has been excellent. We chose this community for the location. It's close to everything.

Circle of Friends

Belmont Village is a great community. It has a high rise hotel setting to it and everything is accessible via elevator. It is about 7 or 8 stories and parking is underneath. It is a really nice community. We did not choose this community because it seemed like it just wasn't the right place for our mom. Our mom is more of a smaller setting type of woman; she enjoys her quiet time and is not as active as the residents here. If she was more active and was always on the go we would have chose this community. They do take residents from memory care unit and if they are active enough they will let them participate with the assisted living residents so it really provides socialization at all levels. The program they have that does this is called Circle of Friends. Overall it is a very nice community and was just a little too active for our mom.

Belmont Village Assisted Living

I have toured three different senior living apartments and Belmont far exceeded my expectations. Wonderful living area and the people who work there are all positive and very caring people. I know that my loved one is in really good hands.

Perfect: close, Alzheimer's...

Perfect: close, Alzheimer's-friendly, clean, comfortable, pets allowed, very helpful. Couldn't ask for more really.

High rise next to Santana Row. Very ...

High rise next to Santana Row. Very nicely furnished. Rooms set up in standard hallway orientation - like a nice hotel. Nice restaurant. Memory care cost $9.000+ per month. Nice amenities. Outside patio/balcony areas on upstairs floors.

santana row, no kitchen. centrally lo...

santana row, no kitchen. centrally located

So far the best facility I've seen. ...

So far the best facility I've seen. Not so sure exactly what category mom fits however.

This place was very nice and clean. T...

This place was very nice and clean. The rooms are big. They have great activities to keep the patient busy. I like that they have a nurse on staff. Director was very helpful, friendly, cute and funny! The staff and the patients were friendly. She also understands alot about dementia her father has this horrible disease.

Very formal setting. Tall building i...

Very formal setting. Tall building in city not liked. She likes her own food-not impressed with their ratings.