Golden Heritage Living - San Jose, CA

The Dungeon!

This community was just awful. I would not recommend this place. When I walked in I noticed that it was dark and there were no windows for light. The community felt like the people were confined to it and it looked institutionalized. The staff was good about answering my questions.

clothes were disappearing

I know my mother-in-law seems to be eating better at Golden Heritage Living. The staff are real good about getting her to eat. She still doesn't eat as much as she should, but it's an improvement. They have good activities there that engage her. They had a luau and celebrated moms birthday and that was neat. The only issue we have had is her clothes were disappearing when being laundered. We marked all her clothes with permanent maker and I am not sure if they got washed off. So I thought this was odd. She doesn't speak a lot of English and things are going okay with that. It's comfortable in that respect. In the beginning we had to tell mom to put pajamas on at night and I thought staff would let her know. Also they only provie showers once a week otherwise you have to pay extra. I would like to see that change. Overall it's a great place but there are some odd things that need to be addressed.

We like the knowledge, skil...

We like the knowledge, skill, and the program here in assisting elders to stay and live a life healthy.

Mother's Care

This place is an excellent facility that specializes in the care of Chinese speaking people. It is well maintained and the staff is always ready to help. My mom lived there until she passed .

4 story building near Jtown. Very Ch...

4 story building near Jtown. Very Chinese decor. Restaurant area nice. Menu looked good. Mostly asian food but with American food options too. Lower priced compared to Belmont and Atria. $6,000+ per month. Rooms situated around perimeter of floors with central living areas in the center. Don't have separate bedrooms - all studios varying in size. About 20% Japanese residents, the rest Chinese. A little dark in the interior, probably because of the way the rooms are situated.

Asian focus, independent, assisted li...

Asian focus, independent, assisted living and memory care.

Here at Golden Heritage, we are a not-for-profit senior assisted living that is owned by a Chinese Christian Church. We service primarily a niche market, that of Asians that need the language, food, and cultural support that we can provide. For other people who like that type of environment, we will gladly service them also. We are committed to creating an individualized care plan that best fits the physical, emotional, social, and overall well-being needs of all our residents.