Belmont Village Sunnyvale - Sunnyvale, CA

Great facility! Really liked the manager [Removed]. Will definitely bring Mom in for a visit..

Tour Went Well Of This Facility

We toured this community for my mother, and her needs. We had a pleasant tour, and everything went well. The staff was very kind, and helpful. They treated us well, and answered all our questions. The experience was a nice one, and our tour went well.

Facility is not sure my dad is a fit. Suggested skilled nursing faciility. I really liked the organization, though.
Great space, great staff.

No complaints!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my self and I have no complaints of how things had went. The staff where on time to my appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I liked the open floor plan they had as well as other activities they had available to all of the residents. It was just not the right location in the end decision for myself but I would recommend it to anyone.

A friend's home

I am happy with the care that is received here. The staff is kind and very attentive to his needs. We like that the community is clean and maintained. He seems to like the menu and the variety. They offer him to particiapte in the activities that are offered and we have found that to be good for him to participate from time to time. We would recommend the care and value of this community for a loved one for care

I would live here

My friend is adjusting well to living at this community. The staff have been patient and helpful. They use the dining room as a game room and they offer daily activities. The food looks good and she seems to like it. They offer fresh fruit daily. I would recommend this well taken care of community.

Cost to live her is very expensive!!

Probably the most positive thing I had seen at this community was the memory care unit and all of the great classes and activities that are available to help them throughout the day. I just did not need the level of care that they had at there facility for my grandmother. It just was not the right fit for her and was very expensive on top of that.

Perfect! Loved the 'apartment with services and support' attitude and approach. Location so my mother can drive there easily. Facilities appear clean, fresh...food (menu) appears diverse...loved the programs/classes/activities.

Nice place; will definitely keep in mind and continue to keep in contact for availability memory care units at either san jose or sunnyvale facilities

Very far from home. Closer to Church. Did not like set meal times. Unorganized upon check in. Given misinformation on who I was meeting with. Seemed under staffed. Didn't like med mgt. location. Residents not happy. Parking troublesome. [removed] Plus too far for health care. Doctors were beyond the 10 mile limit. Deal breaker.
Just not right fit.

Lorena Grimes

Thank you for considering Belmont Village. We understand the importance of finding the right fit. To answer your questions, our community is licensed to the highest level of care and we staff accordingly to meet resident needs. Our staff participates in ongoing, specialized training at the community every month supported by our corporate training team. We offer restaurant-style dining for two hours at each meal and residents have the flexibility to dine within that time. Snacks and beverages are also available in our bistro throughout the day. In a recent satisfaction survey, 95% of our residents said that Belmont Village Sunnyvale is a good place to live and 92% would recommend us to others. There are also several nearby medical facilities located within 5 miles including three Palo Alto healthcare facilities.

Happy With This Community

Everything is going very well for my mother. I really like this facility and everybody is very nice and kind. They do a good job with keeping everything nice and clean. The staff is very helpful and attentive. She is trying a few activities like bingo, and sing a longs. The food is decent. Overall everything is working out very well.

Lorena Grimes

We’re happy to hear that your family is having such a positive experience at Belmont Village and we appreciate your feedback. Input from residents and families is integral part of our ongoing care and we encourage you to regularly share your thoughts with your community team.

We would recommend Belmont Village!!

The staff at Belmont Village is very professional and they try to get my mom to participate in some of the activities offered. I have not tried the food but it looks nutritious and mom seems to like it. The community is clean and well taken care of.

Circle of friends

Likes the food here . The food is outstanding restaurant quality food. The circle of friends program is amazing.

Very lovely; we're looking for a less expensive option. Very nice place, would love to live here myself!

We were very pleased.

We were very pleased. It will eventually be our destination. We were just here for a short respite stay. We were very happy with the aides, they were all top notch. I have nothing negative to say about the community, all positive.

food quality is good

Belmont Village Sunnyvale seems to be an excellent facility. The food quality is good. The services there are good. It is a nice and clean facility. I have been very pleased with everything there. I have no complaints.

Expensive, but seemed very nice!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Belmont Village was a very nice looking place, it was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, it was also very very expensive. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

It was really nice, and they had really good food.

This is one of the four places we looked at when we were considering options. It was more expensive than some of the other places we were looking at. I think the environment would have been a little overwhelming for my loved one. It has the feel of and has been compared to, a cruise ship. It was really nice, and they had really good food.

So far it's going okay.

So far it's going okay. The initial on-boarding was difficult, but they have worked really hard. They are good people there, and they do the best they can with what they have. I feel like I have to do a little more keeping on top of the cleaning, than I thought I would. Generally the other residents are friendly and happy. We liked the location here, and we really liked the circle of friends program, but it's turning out to not be quite what I thought it would it would be. I also really liked the 24/7 nursing staff. The communication among the staff needs to be worked on, things are dropped from shift to shift, and it takes a while to get a call returned.

Belmont Sunnyvale is as top notch as Belmont San Jose. We actually loved the facility and the attached, secure outdoor garden. The only reason we didn't choose this community was the location. It would have been difficult for some family members to visit our mom often due to traffic concerns.

Amy Self

Thank you for your input and for choosing Belmont Village. We're glad that you were able to tour both of our communities and that we had a solution that was right for your family at Belmont Village San Jose.

Welcoming, gracious staff

They've done a great job at Belmont Village so far. They've been very welcoming to my Mom. She is somewhat of a difficult case, and the staff have all been very welcoming and gracious to her. Really the only issue I've had is that in the beginning there were some communication issues. It wasn't really made clear to me who to talk to about specific issues, and it can be hard to get in touch with certain people.

Amy Self

Thank you for choosing Belmont Village and for sharing your experience - we're glad that we've been able to provide good support for your mom's transition. However, we are sorry that you have had communication issues. If they have not been resolved, please contact your executive director.

The people there at Belmont Village Sunnyvale are very friendly. I have never once come across anybody negative. I think overall they do everything exceptionally well. My aunt gets a little frustrated at times, but I think that has more to do with her than it does them. She has been there for a little over a month, and is slowly learning and catching on to where things are and how things work. The facility is very well laid out. I would definitely recommend Belmont Village Sunnyvale!

Belmont Sunnyvale- a great facility

My91 year old mother moved into Belmont Village 10 days ago and so far she is really enjoying it. The staff has been very warm and welcoming . They help her with many ADL and are kind and professional. She enjoys many of the activities and thinks the food is great. Everyone really goes out of their way to make sure she is okay and remind and walk her to activities as needed. We are both very pleased with the facility.

Understaffed

Belmont has quite the cuisine but they don't have the care that we needed. Their response time was horrible as far as responding to when we would pull the little pull chains to call a caregiver. We waited as long as 35 minutes one time and other times we waited 20 minutes when my father would be laying on the floor. So that response time was pretty bad and I think it had mostly to do with the lack of caregivers. They were understaffed.

Nurses on Staff and Visiting Doctors

This was the only other one that I really felt okay about I liked that one although it seemed big. They did have things available like in staff nurses available and visiting medical staff but I felt that they rigidness of the activities was something that my mom would not respond to. She requires a lot of flexibility.

The facility appeared clean...

The facility appeared clean. We toured a studio and a one bedroom apartment, plus the various activity locations where many of the residents were active. We were shown the activity schedule and the restaurant menu. M seemed to like the overall facility. The rooms were more spacious and had better kitchens than at Atria.

The Ritz-Carlton of Care Facilities

The facility was really nice, and they had lots of creature comforts, things that made it a nice building. It's the Ritz-Carlton of care facilities.
I went to several places and I haven't had a bad experience with any staff, so I'd call that normal for the area.
Doing real well. They're attending to all of my stepmother's needs (she's in the memory care unit, and they have all kinds of activities for them to keep them engaged as much as possible.)

Looked like an appropriate ...

Looked like an appropriate placement. Not sure if food looked tasty. Good programs. Beautiful garden. Far for me to drive. May sign onto waiting list. More expensive than listed.

Impressive in terms of special progra...

Impressive in terms of special program for memory care. Not sure independent living would work for my mother and not ready for secure facility. No skilled nursing but strong supportive care including hospice and well chairs.

Amazing place, lots of opportunities ...

Amazing place, lots of opportunities for Mom to sit & chat or to get up and move to another place to do something! Loved the access to the garden that is so secure, too. Very impressed by the tour!

Very nice. A little old. Many attract...

Very nice. A little old. Many attractive amenities.

I toured this facility in October at ...

I toured this facility in October at the same time as Atria Sunnyvale. They have the same program as Belmont Village San Jose which is impressive. Two reps came to the house toevaluate Mom and determined that she needed to be in their "neighborhood" for proper care. I got a followup call from the driector who gave me two quotes - private and shared.

Accomodation=Neighborhood of Friends ...

Accomodation=Neighborhood of Friends Sing-a-longs. Missy will call back re hymn-sing, and Bible study. HAVE ONE PRICE FOR MEM CARE. Maybe could lock in price for two or three years.

Really liked th eplace and the overal...

Really liked th eplace and the overall philosphy. I think this could be a good fit.

Knew of and toured previously. Mom t...

Knew of and toured previously. Mom toured Chicago site and was shocked at it being too "high end" and cruise-ship like.

okay-

okay-

The community of Belmont Village of Sunnyvale is conveniently located between San Jose and San Francisco, in the heart of Silicon Valley. The facility is situated in a prime residential area, assisted living residents have easy access to shopping, restaurants, healthcare facilities and places of worship.

Inside the spacious building are more than a dozen living room settings as well as amenities including a gym, computer center, salon, and media room equipped with a big-screen television. Additionally, the large interior courtyard features walking paths, a gazebo and more than 25 flowering rose bushes and trees for residents and guests to enjoy. Outside, our unique Mission-style architecture received an award for its hand-crafted balustrades that are based on themes of the Spanish Missions of El Camino Real. These amenities combined with a well-trained and caring team of professionals make Belmont Village of Sunnyvale a welcoming and comfortable community for residents and their guests.