Westgate Villa - San Jose, CA

Even though my mother-in law has only been in Westgate Villa a few days it is obvious to us that she is happy and being well taken care of. The staff is wonderful so friendly and outgoing . The meals look tasty and Mom eats every bite. She is 90 years old and seems to being returning to her old self after a very trying time. Thank you Ida and her great Staff.

Overall Experience Has Been Good

I think that the overall experience has been good. I don't really know anything they can improve upon except for their activities; they could have more that appeal to a wider variety of people. Their care is fine; when she rings the bell they don't come as fast as I think they could. Other than that though, I am really pleased it is as clean as it is and the food is wonderful and everybody is always friendly.

This does not suit our needs. All residents are treated the same -- bathing down the hall, residents sitting all over halls and outside... not enough for them to do it seems. Mom does not need this level of care. Cost is same as other places and not as nice. No visitor parking.

friendly

The people at Westgate Villa are very friendly. They do need to work, however, on following up on issues.

Very Polite

It is a great place for my mom. The staff are really polite and considerate towards everyone. The food is really good and my mom has dementia so they take the time to what she needs to eat and make sure she is eating. The facility is expensive but I would have chosen this place for sure.

Overall Satisfied

My mother is at Westgate Villa and I'm satisfied overall. Below I've pointed out some things to be aware of.

Rooms for residence are less than desirable. I'm told the facility was originally set up for single/private rooms. Now they are putting two people together in a room really designed for one. No division or screen between roommates (therefore no privacy) and one small bathroom. No phone or television hook ups.

There is also no place for a private meal or meeting. Would be nice if there was a small room set aside for family get togethers.

Staff is friendly but the care givers don't seem to be very pro-active. My experience is that if they aren't specifically told to do something - they won't do it. It's very important that the family stay very involved to make sure needs are being met.

Food seems to be quite good with good options for substitutions. I think the kitchen needs help as it takes quite a long time for meals to be served. Many residence need help and there doesn't seem to be enough staff to accommodate.

There are two benches outside the entrance, but residence are not allowed to sit outside unless a care giver is with them. I understand the safety issue, but it seems a shame that residence cannot get fresh air and sunshine unless there happens to be someone free to sit with them. They should make sure someone is available so residence can go outdoors. Maybe making the courtyard patio more accessible would help.

This does not suite our nee...

This does not suite our needs. All residents are treated the same -- bathing down the hall, residents sitting all over halls and outside... not enough for them to do it seems. Mom does not need this level of care. Cost is same as other places and not as nice. No visitor parking. Went across the street to seek sister property. Nice. Offers all amenities. Too expensive and not in as desirable of a location considering other offerings. On a busy street.

Mom is Cared For, Clean, Rested, and Well Fed

The staff is just very warm and friendly. I guess there are some little things like my mom's hearing aid batteries have gone dead and I don't know if they have a system for checking them but little things like that could improve. Other than those little things, mom is well cared for, clean, rested and well fed. She likes it there. She gets assistance transferring into her chair in and out of bed. She has help with dressing sometimes she needs a little encouragement to eat. I think for the care she's getting the cost is very reasonable.

We liked this place, but Dad wants to...

We liked this place, but Dad wants to try Day Care for a month near where I work.

No private rooms - available or at al...

No private rooms - available or at all, wasn't quite sure.

Westgate Villa is an assisted living community providing memory care in San Jose, Santa Clara County, California. Our magnificent community is located proximally to the Silicon Valley looking on the mountain view of Hamilton. San Jose city is perfect for relaxation and family getaways. With the superb weather the city is ideal for all kinds of outdoor activities and is excellent for family to visit residents in our community. The mountain Hamilton presents an excellent destination for sightseeing. Moreover, our community has many outdoor amenities to engage our residents who have Alzheimer’s disease and dementia conditions.