Atria Sunnyvale - Sunnyvale, CA

Immediate Opening For Respite

I am so thankful that we found this community and they had an immediate opening on short notice. My room was very nice it was a little small but comfortable for me and it had doors that opened onto a patio which was nice.The staff was very nice. The food for the 6 weeks I was there recovering was very good. The community along with my room was always clean and well maintained. I was taken care of very well.

Was Not Happy Being There

It was hard for my father to understand why I had placed him here for respite care services. In his culture, the younger generation is supposed to take care of the elderly so he thought I was just dumping him here. He was very unhappy being here so the experience for him was horrible. The only thing he liked was the food. My father can walk on his own however he tends to be slow but while he was there the staff would put him in a wheelchair and push him where he wanted to go he felt they were very impatient with him even with the activities he would not understand how to play them and no one would take time to explain it to him. He felt that they were trying to take away his independence.

Very Appealing

Atria Sunnyvale is a very appealing. It was a very nice and clean community that we toured. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. We chose another community for our current needs of memory care and the price was a bit out of our price range.

Nice place!

After visiting Atria, I found that this is a very nice facility! It looks very clean. The staff were quite friendly and they were sure to answer the questions that we had. From what I saw, this is a nice facility!

Atria Sunnyvale Memory Care Review

My husband entered Memory Care at Atria 5 weeks ago. He settled in nicely. With little exception he is positive about his time there.

I picked Atria because the layout of the facility was light and bright, it was close to home, the outside space was inviting and the single rooms were warm and sizable.

The management at Atria is caring and attentive to the families. Every contact with the care staff that I have seen has been positive.

I have only two areas of concern, and management has shown attentiveness to my comments. The activities in Memory Care needs a complete revamping. Activities are too juvenile and sometimes demeaning. And the common space for 39 residents feels cramped when most residents are out and about. I expect that these areas will get attention since new management personnel has been put in place within the last month.

Overall I am as satisfied as I can be considering the circumstances. Certainly placing my husband has been the most difficult time in my life.

Home for my brother

This is a nice community for my brother. The staff is very nice and caring. He was very pleased with how much assistance he got with the great staff members. The community is so very nice and clean. They had activities for him to move and keep active. He was pleased with the food and the variety. We would recommend this for great care and value to other families.

Better Care

I was not happy with the care that my mom received here. The staff is not well trainned for the needs of my mom. She needed more attention then what they would offer her here. The food was good, but the attention needs were left unresolved. This community is too warn most of the time and they do not pay attention to how uncomfortable it is for everyone. Activities are offer to those who can participate. The community was not as clean as I wanted for my mom. I think other families should consider other options for a love one.

Kate Vance

I appreciate you reaching out to tell me about your experience. Our licensure limits the level of care that we are equipped to provide but we hope that your mom finds a community that is a good fit for her needs.

Great environment!

I really enjoyed the environment and the positive energy that was at this community. The staff was very welcoming upon our arrival and made my loved one and I feel very comfortable during our visit. It was defiantly one our top choices of all the tours we had taken of different community. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Awesome Field trips !!

My loved one has become very positive and starting to enjoy life more since moving into this community. The dinning experience has been excellent and the meals are great. The highlight for my mother is Tuesdays when they take them on a different field trip every week.

The Experience Is Just Fine

The staff and caregiver are all nice and friendly. The community is very well cleaned and maintained through out. For the most part my mom likes the meals that are made here. The care is very good and all is just fine for my mom.

Care for Mom

After visiting several assisted living communities I decided Atria Sunnyvale was the best fit for my mom.
The staff is very caring and sincere. They seem genuinely interested in providing the best care for their residents. They have a number of daily activities to keep the residents engaged and the food is very good.
Assisted living facilities are quite expensive and you want to make sure your loved one is getting the care they need and deserve. Atria Sunnyvale certainly provides this care.

Nice, needs attention...

Atria Sunnyvale is a nice, remodeled property, but feels very corporate, much like a hotel. I have had respite stays at other AL facilities that felt much more omey, welcoming, and attentive. There was little in the area of a warm welcome, and virtually no send-off. I was rarely checked in on. The bed had a liner on it (I assume for potential incontinence) that caused the sheets to slip off easily, and made me sweat. This could have been avoided by a simple question of whether or not it was needed, or a linen/soft liner between the plastic and the sheet. The TV was very, very small. Little things like needing captions on my TV were requested, but not tended to by staff, and when attempted, there was no communication as to status (a visiting family member finally figured it out). The shower handle lever was very hard to operate, which I mentioned to staff more than once, but was never fixed/made easier to operate. There was no seat in the shower, which seems like a safety issue in an assisted living facility. At times when I pressed my alarm for assistance none came, or came after at least a half hour after pressing the button. At one time a LOUD fire alarm went off, and there was no explanation as to why (no communication or assurance by staff, just them running around). The food quality at the restaurant was average (I have had much better restaurant-quality food at other AL facilities), and more than once my order was incorrect (wait staff never wrote down orders). I did appreciate the toiletries provided by staff upon check-in. Thank you for requesting this review.

Katy Miller

I appreciate you taking the time to let me know about your experience. We depend on feedback to enhance the services we provide. Each of our communities undergoes a detailed Quality Enhancement Review at least once a year which assesses a number of performance categories including maintenance and dining experiences. Unfortunately, it seems our efforts still may have fallen short of your expectations. I'm very sorry to hear that. If you'd like to share more, I invite you to connect with me directly at [removed].

From What I Saw, It's Nice

I only been here once for the tour, my friend seems to been doing good and trying to adapt to this new environment. It looks nice and clean. The staff were very friendly and good to meet. I got to try some food while I was waiting and it was really good. A Place For Mom is so responsible and good at calling back. Overall, my friend finds it a little hard to adapt because this is new to them.

Friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and genuine staff.

We looked at several places while looking for a place for my mother-in-law and Atria ended up being at the top of our list. When we went and toured, the staff was very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We were extremely fortunate that they had availability to move her in immediately. We were also fortunate that she got a room that had just been re-done, new carpet, everything was brand new. The community is refurbishing rooms as they become available. They are very genuine. They have an ambassador program where they pair a current resident with a new resident, so they have an instant friend and someone to show them around. She is making friends. She has a group of ladies that all sit together at meals. Of course she would rather be at home, but this is what has to be for now and she is liking it. My husband is also impressed with the food there, he ate while visiting her.

No complaints

We are long since out of there. It was a very good place while my son needed it. He had no complaints whatsoever with the staff or the facility while he was at Atria and he is doing very well now. Thank you.

staff is wonderfu

The facility is well kept. The food is good there and the staff is wonderful. They are very friendly and inviting. They take great care of the residents there. The facility has a warm and inviting feel when you come there.

Bathrooms too small for wheelchair access/care. The dining area was so big it did not have the "family" 'feel I'd like. Good food, though!

Residents seems happy

It was a nice facility and everyone was friendly. The residence seem happy there.

Expensive, but very nice looking

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Atria Sunnyvale was a very nice looking place, it was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, it was also very very expensive. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

This was one of our top two

This was one of the four places we looked at when looking into options. This was one of our top two, if we hadn't chosen the one we did, we would have chosen this. We tried the food both places, and it was a little bit better at the other community.

Katy Miller

Thank you for your review. We're always looking for ways to enhance our culinary services, so your feedback is very valuable to us. If you'd like to share more about your visit, please reach out to us at [removed].

Welcoming

Atria is welcoming and clean and a caring environment. I don't have enough experience with this community to give more information, but it is clean and very friendly.

Very nice place!

We toured quite a few communities when we were looking into care options for our loved one, and Atria Sunnyvale really impressed us. It really stood out as being one of the cleanest, friendliest places that we looked at! They are definitely worth a look if you are searching for senior care in the area.

pleasant

My initial meetings with them was very good. They were very informative, and not at all pushy. Generally they were very pleasant.

The only negative I can even think of is this:

We moved in on a weekend, and when we got in there, there wasn't any sort of welcome package, or a person to greet you and welcome you to the place, and things like that. That may be different if you move in during the week, I'm not sure.

Other than that it has been a very pleasant experience and we would certainly recommend Sunnyvale.

Everyone went way above in care for m...

Everyone went way above in care for my mom. This is a very nice place for Sr care.

Looked nice enough

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This place seemed nice enough overall, although I wasn't as big a fan of the layout of this community compared to others that we saw. It also just wasn't located as conveniently for us.

Kate Vance

Thank you for visiting our community. Though we did not end up being the perfect fit for your family, we would love to share information about our other great communities in the area. If you feel we can be of further service to you, please reach out via [removed] and if you include “Atria Sunnyvale” in your subject line, we can quickly include the right people in the correspondence. We are here to help!

Nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. Everything here looked very nice, and the staff were all very friendly. They had a great marketing team that really helped us get an idea of what they could provide. Unfortunately, while they could handle her current care needs, if things got worse she would have to move again and that is something we wanted to avoid. They're not the option we ended up choosing, but they are definitely worth a look.

Loves the Food!

The activities seem to appeal to my dad; he seems to enjoy them a lot. He loves the food and the cooking. He talks about the other residents complaining, but he really, really likes it. He has his own studio apartment and the staff is good. My dad and I chose it together because it was closest to my house, so I can visit often, and the price. It was more on the reasonable end.

Did not care for the layout...

Did not care for the layout of the facility. Too much like a hotel. Narrow hallways. Not emough living room type areas throughout.Although the facility was clean and well maintained. They were really pushing memory care instead of the overall facility. Did not care for the location.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your feedback on our community. I apologize that our layout did not match your preferences. We have several common areas and outdoor spaces for resident use, and many of our residents take full advantage of the over 200 events and activities that we offer each month, both in those spaces and outside of our community. We welcome you back for another visit anytime, and perhaps you can join us for one of our events. If we can be of assistance at any time, please contact us at [removed], or you can email [removed] (please include the Atria community name in your subject line).

Not A Good Match

It really didn't' work out. My significant other fell the first night he moved in. They called for Kaiser emergency because they had a cut on his head. They returned him and he was really resistant but looked like he might settle down. Then he fell two more times and they said they couldn't take him back because he's a fall risk. We would have to get 24hr care for him there. It looked like he might need a catheter and they said they didn't take people with catheter, that was a surprise to me. The director handled it appropriately with me but it would have been helpful to have a better picture for what they accept. It was very traumatic. For somebody who is really mobile and pretty docile I think it's probably a good place but there probably are not enough people to watch out for somebody who is a challenge. I don't want to bad mouth Atria. I just wish I had a clearer picture of what they provide.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review and I am very sorry for any confusion regarding the services we can provide to our residents. We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to explain this more carefully in the future to those who consider our community. If we can answer any questions, please contact us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Age in Place

What led us to choose Atria is the availability of different levels of care. You do not have to move if you need a higher level of care. You can go in independent and stay in the same room if you end up needing assistance. The meal plans they have was also a big factor. Overall we are pleased with Atria and I would recommend them to anyone.

The facility was clean and ...

The facility was clean and nicely decorated. The dining options will likely meet M's diabetic needs. Mr. Rogers explained the facility's services very well.

Very pleased!

I looked at several places and found more than one acceptable, but have been really happy with Atria Sunnyvale. My mom was previously living at Bridgepoint Los Altos which I also endorse, but her cognitive decline created a need for finding a facility that offers memory care. I've visited several times and each time my mom is out of her room participating in activities, sometimes passively but she is included in activities that are suitable for her cognitive level which I really like. Atria's residents have individual rooms which I also liked. My mom's vocabulary has improved since moving to Atria. She made the transition without much trouble. The great thing about Atria is they have enough staff so that they are able to do their job and not be overwhelmed or rushed. Atria Sunnyvale has beautiful grounds and a nice layout but the thing that really makes this place great are the numerous caregivers. They will narrate during activities so that everyone can participate; if they are making a puzzle they will instruct residents to look for a certain color piece to help complete the puzzle. My mom enjoys the sing-alongs, the activities are rewarding and the staff makes her feel she's part of the group.

Visited and got a tour. Very nice fac...

Visited and got a tour. Very nice facility. A larger community.

Newly renovated, nice. Courtyard is ...

Newly renovated, nice. Courtyard is being redone to take out water features that have wrought-iron fencing around, too dangerous to the clientele apparently. 1 bedroom too compact for even one person, my opinion. Toured one that was occupied, so it was a bit hard to configure how I would be arranging stuff, but the bedroom would not accomodate 2 people -- a twin bed and very small dresser maxed this room out !! Something I found rather strange was that the dining area is on 2nd floor, just the opposite of every other place I've looked at. Not the worst. I must say this is in a very nice part of Sunnyvale, very close to a lovely park, many medical professional buildings just down the street, although a busy street, fairly quiet. Major shopping (Trader Joe's, about 6 blocks, Target probably about 10 blocks, my local yarn store 6 blocks, grocery shopping, same area). The gentleman kind of oohed and awwed that my husband is only going on 74 next month, which made me think that most of their people are probably in their 80's. One of the things that the gentleman brought out is the fact that they do client surveys regularly, employee surveys regularly, and their employees have worked there for years and years, not a lot of turnover with employees. I know this was a concern where my mom was, she'd just get used to one housekeeper/monitor, and then it would start all over with another one, and it can cause anxiety. So this was encouraging to see less turnover. Tour was excellent! Great man, super nice. And cookies to take home!

Visited with The Director. Lovely, Do...

Visited with The Director. Lovely, Dogs accepted and 2 courtyards for them. Would need a 1 bedroom vs. a Studio. Renivated in Oct. 2011. No step down below Assistive Living. Would have to move if needed skilled care.

They have a waiting list and it takes...

They have a waiting list and it takes a deposit to place someone on the waiting list. This is a really nice facility with parts under renovation (garden area).

This seems like a really great place.

This seems like a really great place.

Atria Sunnyvale is a welcoming assisted living community in a lovely, quiet neighborhood situated close to downtown Sunnyvale, California. Residents and their families can enjoy a stroll along winding walkways or relax in the beautifully landscaped courtyard. Or they may prefer to entertain friends in the beautiful new banquet room or luxurious lobby. The community also features updated apartments.

Conveniently located near community centers, parks, shopping and medical facilities, Atria Sunnyvale offers the finest assisted living experience in the area. The unique ability to merge retirement living with an engaging lifestyle distinguishes Atria from other California senior communities. Atria Sunnyvale also now offers memory care services for those challenged with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia.

Atria builds vibrant assisted living communities that provide seniors with comfort, companionship and a better quality of life in their later years. Our goal is to always create an independent living environment where older people thrive, where loneliness and isolation are behind them, and where families and friends feel secure their loved ones are protected and fulfilled. This doesn’t happen by accident. Behind the warmth and welcome of Atria Senior Living communities are compassionate caregivers equipped with pages of protocols, standards and metrics – and a real investment, on everybody’s part, in doing what is right.

License #435200731