Timberhill Villa Retirement - San Antonio, TX

Very homey furnishings, had friendly tenants and everyone seemed happy. A smaller community with a nice feel. Beautiful grounds and lots of acreage. Sorry I didn't get to see the donkey's, maybe next time! Manager's are very nice & live on property.

5 star community

This is a great community. They have the great staff and the services are excellent. We like the community for being clean and a great environment, They have a chef that is outstanding on his meals that are offered. My brother enjoys the activities. We would highly recommend this community for the great value and care for other families and loved ones.

Jeanne Pierce

Thanks so much for your kind words and the confidence you've voiced in Timberhill Villa. It means so much that you took the time to review our community. We love our residents and we love what we do!

My Mom, [Removed], has been here for 6 months and I am very pleased with the Timberhills community for her. It is a warm and peaceful community of caring people. She will have to transition to assisted living sometime soon, but for now it is a wonderful place for her.

Jeanne Pierce

Thanks so much for your kind words. Your mom is delightful! We are so happy she chose Timberhill Villa. Her smile brightens the place up every day!

Knowledgeable tour guide!

The Timberhill Villa Retirement was a good tour as well. The people were very friendly and helpful. The thing They could improve on is the outside of their building. Our first impression was that it was a little run down.

Jeanne Pierce

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you had a good tour. We have power washing and exterior maintenance on the agenda for this summer.

One of the best in the city.

Timberhill Villas is a gem in a sea of retirement options and is well worth your time to see for yourself. First, it is a perfect bridge between a parent who can no longer live in a home and that time when they will need assisted living. What they do to perfection is to take away the problems of an elderly parent who needs an easier life. This is a family-owned business where the owners are the on-site managers. Yes, they are always there. I believe this is the reason they are so good at understanding the needs and priorities of seniors. They’re there, they see it and they care. Timberhill is an older facility, but it is maintained to perfection. Nothing is ever out of order, it is clean, clean, clean. The entire staff is very friendly and helpful. My mom says the food is pretty good with a lot of choices and served by staff in a pleasant, comfortable open dining area. The facility is more like a four story premium hotel than a retirement home. The rooms are very nice, the grounds are beyond comparison with a vast outdoor park on beautifully maintained grounds. It’s in a nice neighborhood and there is someone at the front desk 24-hours, so safety and security are well monitored. They are very good at keeping your parent engaged in life with daily activities, entertainment, socials, shopping outings, and have transportation for medical appointments. Your parent will want for nothing. My mom really likes this new phase in her life and that is because she is in the right place to make it easy and pleasant.

Jeanne Pierce

Gerry thanks for your kind words. We agree that Timberhill Villa is a hidden gem! We are so glad your mom chose to call the Villa home!

Friendly People!!

We would recommend this place because my loved one is enjoying his stay. The apartment he is in is comfotable. He has housekeeping to help him with the cleaning. He is really enjoying all of the interaction with the other residents. The meals provided are good, from what I have heard.

Jeanne Pierce

Thanks so much for your kind words. We agree, our staff and residents are THE BEST!

Jeanne was most helpful. The place was nice, people were friendly. Pricing was reasonable. Since this facility was only independent living we excluded from our list. They are doing some updating which is good.

Jeanne Pierce

Thanks so much for your kind words and thanks for taking the time to post a review!

Costly community!!

When I toured this community, the staff was friendly and very welcoming. The location of the facility was further away from my home, so it would be inconvenient to visit or pick up my loved one. This place provides two meals with rent, and an additional meal per day increases the rent. Because of our limited budget and location of the facility in relation to my home, I decided it would be more convenient to place my loved one at another senior living facility.

Jeanne Pierce

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our community! Best of luck to you in your search.

Needs Better Communication!!

The staff were friendly with my loved one. The Timberhill Villa Retirement provides activities and meals for the residents. The community was kept clean and fairly organized. We were given misleading information that unfortunately made things harder for us. There needs to be correct information given to families regarding the stay of a loved one.

Jeanne Pierce

I'm so sorry there was some confusion for you. Can you be more specific for me so we can correct this in the future?

Tour was a positive experience!

The community at Timberhill Villa Retirement offered a nice tour of the environment. The community was very nicely kept and it was an active community. The staff were very courteous and able to address any concerns that we had.

Jeanne Pierce

Thanks so much for your kind words!

Look around and compare and I'm sure you will select Timber Hill Villa

Great place to live its affordable all the staff are great and very helpful since its privately owned and operated keeping keep prices low . Because management doesn't have to answer to a group of share holders who are only interested in how much return on there cash outlay they can except no matter what service they abolish. For when my physician told it wasn't at all safe for me to live alone and I needed to find an independent living place. My sister checked out several independent living places and the prices were way above my price range with less services;
thank you Timberhill villa for all you do another thing I forgot to mention is every time I have a maintenance problem it gets taken care correctly and in record time

Jeanne Pierce

Thanks so much Jimmy! We really enjoy having you here. I know you enjoy using our walking trail every day too. You've turned into quite the athlete - increasing your laps every day.

great place to live

I've only been here a short time exactly 1 week but from what I see I would recommend it to everyone

Jeanne Pierce

Thanks so much for your kind words. We really appreciate it!

So far so good

So far so good. The staff is great here. The building is always kept clean and well maintained. The residents here seem happy, well taken care of and well adjusted. We do not have any complaints with Timberhill so far.

Jeanne Pierce

We are so glad to hear your experience is positive! We work really hard to make this a great place to live.

My Dad, Silvestre Cavazos, is doing well at Timberhill. His health has improved and his doctor is happy with his progress.

Jeanne Pierce

Silvestre is preparing to celebrate his 90th birthday here in style! He really has made great strides and is so active and involved in our community now. He has a terrific sense of humor that we appreciate so much!

Highest Standards and Expectations

They are very helpful and sensitive to the needs of the residents. They always listen to suggestions or comments that the residents make and they are always striving to improve. Really though, there is nothing to improve because they are already at the highest standards and expectations of no only the residents but the family members too

Jeanne Pierce

Thanks so very much! We are humbled by your kind words. It is truly a team effort and our residents are the best!

They're independent living. It was a great environment for him to be living in, it just was not assisted care. I think that the way the staff cared for him always seemed to be upbeat and anything you asked them they did and the owners are very nice too. What I really like is that it's not institutional. On every floor the corridors were twice as wide then you would expect an apartment. It had this country ambiance that was beautifully done. It's a really beautiful place.

Jeanne Pierce

Thanks so much for your kind words. We love what we do here and I think it shows!

Living at Timberhill Villa

It has been about three weeks since my Dad moved in to Timberhill Villa. Their friendliness and caring staff is helping him adjust to his new home. All staff we've encountered has been willing to help my Dad. Feel like we've made an excellent choice for my Dad's new home. Misti Rich from A Place for Mom was extremely helpful and made this difficult decision easier for my family.

Jeanne Pierce

That is so nice to hear. Thanks so much.

Great Facility

I think it is a great facility to far. They have wonderful staff and caring. They asked all kind of questions and their main priority is the elderly.

Jeanne Pierce

Thank you so much. Helping people find the perfect place to call home is an honor!

Pluses; Older facility, very nice Staff. They get to know the residents and make them feel right at home. Their activities for the residents are cruise ship like. For the most part the Staff is well liked and they do what they can within their power to keep the residents happy.

Minuses; The menu is lacking, seems like they have a two week menu cycle, residents have been complaining about that for while now, but the Chef has not done much about it. The physical plant is old and so the toilets tend to clog, if you lived with elderly folks you know they use a lot of paper and if the toilets don't have the presure to handle that they will clog, plus if the pipes are old they will have a lot of buildup. No preventive measures to keep those old pipes cleaner, thus preventing cloging. One word for them, RIDEX. They also need to have carpet steaming to their maintenace schedule at least every six months. Either that or change the carpets at least every other year.

I put the minuses as constructive criticism for them to improve on what I believe is a very nice place compared to other places we tour before we movved my Mom into Timberhill.

Jeanne Pierce

Thanks for the feedback. We hope you like the new flooring that has been installed and the expanded menu items. We do listen! We are glad you chose Timberhill!

make mom feel right at home

I think that the place needs a little bit of updating. That is one area that I think they can improve on. Everything else is great. The staff is really friendly, and they have gone out of their way to welcome mom and make her feel right at home.

Happy overall

The Good: Staff knows everyone by name, very friendly. Great value - larger rooms for less cost than many other facilities we looked at. The whole place has an old-timey feel to it which was perfect for my mother (she wasn't comfortable with the more mass-market, over-groomed feel of some of the larger places). Beautiful grounds feel like you are out in the country. Lots of field trips and activities. Staff is more patient with a challenging clientele than I could ever be.The bad: I wish they had a low cal selection designated at each meal; my mother never met a dessert she didn't like and has put on twenty pounds since moving in. Little repairs seem to take multiple requests and a long time to get done. I wish they had a partnership with a local church to take the residents to a service on Sundays. There are two non-catholic church options on location but both are um, conservative and shall we say non-loving. The Ugly: Home health is available for additional charge which is invaluable. Unfortunately, the company currently there hasn't been very reliable about timeliness of daily med reminders. Overall: A-, Homehealth C-

Jeanne Pierce

Thanks for the feedback. We are sorry you've been unhappy with the home health through All Care. We have passed your feedback along to them and they have added additional staff here every day which has helped a lot! We are working on a healthier menu too but of course everyone has freedom to choose so we can't force healthy on them.

Jeann was very helpful and ...

Jeann was very helpful and answered all of our questions. It was a nice facility, but my Mom was a bit concerned about only one elevator in the entire place. Beautiful setting, but it seemed like it wouldn't be long before the city closed around it even more.

Jeanne Pierce

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Timberhill Villa. Since we have 27 acres, there isn't much chance of anything closing us in which we are happy about! It's such a hidden gem here in Leon Valley. Since we are on the smaller size scale (just four floors), our elevator seems to serve us just fine.

Visit at Timberhil Villa

My husband and I stopped by Timberhill while out in San Antonio for a Dr's appointment. I like the atmosphere, although it doesn't offer some amenities like other communities this place is nice and feels human. I have my own hobbies, so not too interested in the activities but I do like that they offer exercise. Timberhill is smaller than most of the places I've seen and I like that so I don't have to walk a mile to dine. We didn't get a change to try the food, but that shouldn't be a problem. They community offered me to come back at anytime to try the food!

Jeanne Pierce

Thanks for your kind words. I'm so glad you had the time to stop by and see us. By all means come back and try our food sometime soon. Our food is terrific!

Elegant

It’s a fantastic place. We’ve been pretty pleased. She doesn’t participate in the activities, but they do a lot of trips. I would let them know that the people who actually own it live there. The place is decorated like it is an old hotel. They’ve visited Europe a lot and there are old paintings and antiques throughout. I’ve eaten there and it’s very good. It’s a very nice place.

Jeanne Pierce

Thanks so much Nell! We have enjoyed having Mary here and love it when you come to visit too!

Great place for Mom

Food is fantastic; staff is very friendly and responsive; there are a lot of activities on site. It pretty much has everything, with a Texas-friendly bed and breakfast vibe. We couldn't be happier!

Jeanne Pierce

Thanks for your kind words Lee. We agree!

Had called them about our having a Bi...

Had called them about our having a Birthday party at lunch for Mom, but the kitchen staff were unaware of it. Everything was fine, but information was not passed on to them from front desk. We had diacussed this with the front desk weeks ago and I called three days in advance also.

Jeanne Pierce

I am so sorry we missed the ball on this one. I will discuss with my staff to make sure that these messages are passed along. I know what a big deal birthdays are!

Lighting Could Be Better

Mother moved into an apartment that is supposed to be remodeled and I'm still waiting for little things to be done. Still about 5 things that they have to do. The main thing was that there was not any lighting. All the apartments they showed me had ceiling fans. I was told I would have to buy my own ceiling fan. So I ended up paying for ceiling fan and for it to be wired. It was just so dark and I had to buy lamps too. It's just little things. They didn't have to provide a ceiling fan but I feel like they should have provided adequate lighting. Mother is in the independent living and I'm pleased overall.

Jeanne Pierce

Thank you for your feedback. We take all of our comments we receive into consideration and work to keep improving. We appreciate you taking the time to review us.

We felt that the property w...

We felt that the property was dated and did not have the same appeal however the staff and owners were extremely accommodating.

Jeanne Pierce

We have done a lot of updating since you toured but we still have the same great staff! Check us out again.

Great Place for our Parents

Beautiful grounds, beautiful building. Apartments are spacious and each has a patio with a view. The staff is very warm and friendly. Residents are out and about visiting and enjoying the activities. The food is wonderful.

Jeanne Pierce

Thank you so much for your kind words. We couldn't agree more!

Pros: Grounds are pretty, ...

Pros: Grounds are pretty, common areas nicely decorated with a lot of well kept-antiques. Smelled clean, nice staff. Dining room is nice. Mediocre, outdated bathrooms. Residents looked happy and appear to gather together a lot. Staff is nice..family owned. Cons: 40 minute commute in traffic from our house would make seeing mom and dad during the week very difficult. Graffitti all over the walls of the building right across the street. Not in a particularly nice area of town. Dealbreaker for mom and [removed] No kitchen.

Jeanne Pierce

Thanks so much for touring Timberhill Villa! We think our building and grounds are very beautiful and appreciate your kind words. In talking with you it sounds like cooking is very important to your mom so we understand it would be hard for her at this point to not have a full kitchen. Best of luck in your search.

Very caring people

It had a good feel about it, a homey feel. Alot of places i looked at were more on the instituational side, this had more of a comfy, home feel and she was very comfortable walking in to it. The people there are very welcoming, they keep an eye on her so they know if she doesn't come down to dinner or things like that. It's not too big and not too small so it has a good feel. Its been very smooth, they've been very accomodating to her, shes not the easiest person to get along with and they've ebeen very respectful to her in spite ofthat. They're very patient and kind to her, you can tell that its genuine too. I'm very pleased with her being here and she likes it too, which is really important.

Jeanne Pierce

Thank you so much for your kind words Jeannette. We really enjoy having your mom here and look forward to having her here for many years. It is nice to have our staff recognized for their kindness and caring.

Nice, Big Apartments

My grandparents live at Timberhill Villa Retirement. I've seen the activities calender - they take the residents out to lunch or breakfast and things like that. They go to church and have bingo and card games. My grandparents are not using the care services.

There is assigned seating in the dining room which is different so they've been talking to the people they've been sitting with. They seem to like the food for the most part.

The actual apartments were a lot bigger than the other communities we saw that were the same price. The have a nice balcony and a view of lots of trees, which they like. There's lots of storage. They have a huge walk in closet and built in cabinets. The lay out of the apartments is really nice.

Briana,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We are constantly generating ideas for the activity calendar. We hope your grandparents are enjoying their time with us!

Originally built in 1981, Timberhill Villa was designed after the traditional Mediterranean villas. The saltillo tile entry and dark woods in the reception area are reminiscent of the heritage/history of early Texas. A unique blend of antiques, paintings, folk art, quilts and whimsical treasures are found on each floor and add to the warmth of the surroundings.

Timberhill Villa has been continuously owned and operated by the Pierce Family Partnership since 1981. Because the Villa is locally managed, you will find members of the Pierce family on site to assist you. Their years of experience and dedication to the retirement community are reflected in every aspect of Villa life.

We are committed to providing a warm and inviting environment for your carefree and gracious retirement living. Since you no longer have the responsibilities of home ownership, our goal is to provide the setting that allows you to focus on enjoying the next best years of your life.

Visit us today so you can experience what were all about. There are care options available, such as speech, occupational, and physical therapists and podiatrist services. All units are emergency accessible. Nutritious meals are prepared on site and served in the dining room. Socialization is encouraged with planned games, activities, and group outings. Relaxation is found strolling around the landscaped outdoor areas or with a book in the cozy common rooms. Transportation to medical and other appointments can be scheduled.