The Waterford at Fairfield - Fairfield, OH

Meeting All The Needs

We were really impressed with this community we had visited a few of them and they weren't as nice as this one. The community is more upscale and very clean. The staff is wonderful very nice and pleasant. My brother is doing activities and getting along with the other residents for the most part. He is the youngest of all the residents. He is liking the food however they don't have a special menu for diabetic people such as my brother which I was surprised at. The location is perfect very close to our family. I would recommend this community to anyone.

Wonderful facility, staff was friendly and very organized! The only downside is the small living spaces and they do not have assisted living or skilled nursing.

We doing ok since moving into the community. Since it is close to home it I feel better and like the area.

This was a wonderful community set in a residential setting with commercial available. [Removed] was wonderful and informative. The building is bright and pretty with nice common areas and dining! Residents were active and interacting! Very nice!
Definitely considering this one! Will bring Mom back to experience.

Waterford, very nice, but has a few problems.

My mother has lived at the Waterford for quite a while, she loves it here! The food is average, to not so great. The care assistants are very friendly and give good care, we are not real thrilled with the nurse who works dayshift only. She only does what she absoulutely has to. There is no licensed nurse after three or four oclock. This is an unlicensed facility, so they are not inspected, as a licensed facility is. The activity lady is awesome, and is loved by everyone, she comes up with many fun activites and entertainment for the residents. They have a bus to take residents out to different places, BUT no lift! So if your loved one can not make steps they are left behind! I really think this needs to be changed. One other problem is the doors, all but the front door are very difficult to operate, all are opened with a key, but if you are on a scooter or wheelchair, its almost impossible to get in and out. The apts. are very nice, and we think it is great that some folks can bring their pets. Overall the Waterford is a nice place for my Mother.

Everything is awesome!

Everything has been going great with mom. This is the perfect place for her and for us. We know that she is safe and with people that make sure that she is okay. Me and my wife are nurses and we have to say that we know this place is doing a wonderful job. The food is marginal and they probably can use a new chef. Other than that the staff is attentive and the staff is friendly.

Place was beautiful. Holly was great. Spent a lot of time with us. Only problem was the exercise room was the size of a closet. Didn't understand that. Thanks

I first went without my mom, and really was impressed. I then took my mom and she loved it as well. They have everything she could want.

A Very Warm Environment

We have had a very good experience thus far at The Waterford. The one area that needs improvement are the lunch meals. For us, there are not many "hot meals." Heather was our representative from "A Place For Mom." She deserves a raise! She was VERY helpful. We were very fortunate to have been paired with her when searching for a place. Everyone at The Waterford is super friendly and helpful. We would recommend The Waterford to others.

Great place

I had taken a tour last week and was so impressed I had to get my mother an apartment there. They fit my finances and the facility is beautiful. I believe it is a good fit for my 90 yr. mom.

Review of The Waterford at Fairfield - Fairfield, OH

Great place

This is a great independent living community. The rooms are spacious with full sized kitchens and lots of amenities. The facility itself is very nice and we love the library and the elegant feel of the place. It is always immaculate here. There could be more variety as far as the menu is concerned, but overall, this is a great place.

Very good experience

Our experience with The Waterford at Fairfield was a very good one. The staff is friendly and professional, and they took very good care of my loved one. I would highly recommend the service.

I wish I had moved here years ago.

I wish I had moved here years ago. The main reason I love it, is I have a full kitchen again, so I can cook if I want. I like that my living room is bigger. I like that my car is so close, and convenient. They have been really friendly for the most part. The library is right across the street. The golf course is five minutes away. They have a couple of things a week for activities that I enjoy. I eat lunch and dinner here, and the food is pretty good, they have only had one thing I didn't like. They get the food out fast. The price was reasonable based on what I was paying before. They have gone out of their way. I recommend it to anybody.

Very friendly, helpful staff!

Our experience with The Waterford at Fairfield has been a very good one so far! The staff here does a wonderful job! The people are friendly, professional, and they were a huge help throughout the whole process. I saw a few other communities in the area, and this was the only one that didn't have that nursing home feel, it is very warm and inviting. I highly recommend it!

Excellent, clean facility. Friendly staff and residents. Prices are reasonable and there are several apartment options. It is independent living with no option for assisted.

A phenomenal facility

The Waterford at Fairfield is a phenomenal Facility. The people that work there are unbelievably kind and patient. They will do anything to help you. Even in an emergency they are right there doing what they can. My mom has told me that the the food is excellent except on Friday's when they serve fish. It has been wonderful for my mother. This is a very nice community with a very friendly atmosphere.

Really Impressed

We are really impressed with the facility and the friendliness. The only complaint my loved one has is the food. He says its the same meals everyday. There should be different options. He is in independent living.

This is my experience...

We have had a wonderful and very satisfying experience with the administration and staff at the Waterford in Fairfield. We were greeted with our name posted at the front desk by a friendly receptionist who led us into a conference room where our questions were met with compassion and sincerity. They were very knowledgeable and resourceful regarding our needs. The activities they provide are fantastic! The residents are friendly, fun, and encouraging. Not only does the Waterford have their own library, there is easy access to the Lane library and Community Arts center across the street. With all that the Waterford has to offer, it enhances its ability to be a community desired by all.

Red Carpet Treatment

Can't tell you how very pleased we are with The Waterford at Fairfield. I got the red carpet treatment they had a picture of me in a frame. I can't say enough after 26 facilities I looked at from social workers, hospital personal such nightmares. Places for Mom I found The Waterford called me.

There are a lot of rules to read through. many disclaimers.

not a good experience

My father did not end up going to The Waterford at Fairfield. He said he was ready to go, I talked to them and they had an apartment available for him, and he was set to go. Since I live in Florida, they took him there on the last Friday in October, and met with a totally different person than the one we had met with previously, and overheard the person say to my brother "I don't think your dad is a good fit for this place". Having heard that, dad was upset and changed his mind. Yet they still took the check we had written and deposited it and we have not been able to get any of the money back, so we lost the money based on something they had said and done. I do not feel that they should have kept the money given what happened.

It was a very nice place, but I just felt that with what happened things were handled really bad.

Nice looking place, but they do not take pets

We toured this community when we were looking into options for a loved one. I thought this was a very nice looking community! It was clean, well kept, and everyone seemed very friendly. The downsides for us were that they did not accept pets, and that the rooms did not have patios or balconies.

Review of The Waterford at Fairfield Independent Living in Fairfield, OH

Very nice facility and willing to work with us; challenge will be keeping Erin employed for health benefits....Fairfield is too far from her current employment

Found a place

I cannot say enough good things on how helpful you were in finding a place for my wife. You were understanding, thorough, and allowed us to find this independent living facility that is perfect for her. Thank you.

highly recommend it!

They have lots of activities, everything could be improved upon but they're doing their best, sometimes the food is not always what you want but I guess they do the best they can. The only thing is every once in a while the foods not too good and with 100 people you can't satisfy them all but the staff is good, the people are good, the place is good and it'll be 5 months since we moved this week. If you mention my name as a reference I get 500 dollars, so I highly recommend it and mention my name as a reference when you come in!

Also liked; pricing more reasonable

Also liked; pricing more reasonable

Seize the opportunity to thrive at The Waterford at Fairfield, where residents have the freedom to focus on family and friends thanks to our modern amenities and convenient services. Our Independent Living community in Fairfield, Ohio, offers the privacy and freedom to live the way residents choose in comfortable studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments boasting walk-in closets, well- appointed kitchens and a great number of safety features. At the same time, we offer companionship. Say goodbye to home maintenance, housework and the worries of living alone with our personal laundry and housekeeping services and 24-hour staffing. Say hello to a relaxed lifestyle complete with regular home-cooked meals, medication management and daily newspaper delivery. Our caring and professional staff is ready and willing to transport residents to and from medical appointments, shopping excursions and special events. From our thoughtfully designed floor plans to the world-class service and myriad recreational and social opportunities we offer, residents may just find that we have thought of everything.