Evergreen/Wellspring - Cincinnati, OH

"The first impression of Evergreen won me over, especially the beautiful grounds and the views from every window. Evergreen provides Mom with opportunities to grow and learn. The services here are far above the competition and are always delivered with a smile!"

-David Harwood

Surround yourself with natural beauty, high-quality service and unsurpassed care at Evergreen Retirement Community. Located on an estate in Cincinnati, OH, Evergreen Retirement Community offers various lifestyle options, all on one beautiful campus -- from independent-style and assisted living in spacious apartments and country cottages to skilled nursing and dementia care in spacious, professionally decorated suites.

Take a look at this community.

This community was our second choice. The community was clean and the people we met were nice. This community allows pets and they have some nice activities and amenities. They did not have an opening at the time we were looking.

Impressed with This Community

I'am very impressed with my fathers move to this community. So far everything is working out well, and I'am comfortable with his move to this community. The staff is great, they are taking good care of him, and his needs. There are activities offered for the residents. I have already recommended this community to my friends, it is nice facility.

Rehab stay at Wellspring

I just wanted to say thank you for the Great care I received at Wellspring during my rehab stay. The therapy services were really good. I felt I was treated with respect and dignity from all personnel. I would recommend this facility to anyone looking for a great place to provide excellent care.

Knowledgeable tour guide!

While touring the Evergreen/Wellsprings I thought it was a very nice place. The tour guide that took me around gave me a lot of good information and showed me around the entire building, I think she did a good job. The community was clean and organized.

Good Experience

I had a pretty nice tour of this community. The community looked nice, and well kept. The staff was kind, and friendly. It was a nice experience, and everything went well.

SLC Midwest

Thank you very much for coming in for a tour and we are so happy that everything went well. We are very proud of our wonderful community and great, caring and friendly staff. If you have any questions or need any follow up please feel free to reach out to me, Russ Conrad, [removed]

Finding More To Do Each Day

All has been very well at Evergreen for us. It is fabulous here but it varies with the staff but the expertise is fine. The other part is getting use to the community. They serve fabulous meals to enjoy. Today we are using the transportation vehicle to go to a doctor appointment, it is better than a taxi. So for we are doing stuff everyday, we are singers and we just did a Christmas show and everyday we find more and more to do. This is a nice and very big community.

Communication is key!

The staff has been good. Overall everything has been good, but I do have one complaint that I have brought to them. Before dad moved in I used to have people calling all the time. Now whenever I have a problem I have called, emailed and texted with no response. Communication is key and they need to step up there game.

SLC Midwest

I am so glad to hear that overall your experience with staff and Evergreen has been a positive one. However, I am sorry you feel we haven’t done an effective job in communicating with you. I know how important it is to make contact with the right person and to receive a timely response. As the Executive Director of Evergreen I want to make sure your needs are met. Please call me directly on my mobile at [removed]. I look forward to helping you with anything you need. Sincerely, Russ Conrad

Rehab stay at Wellspring

Enjoyed my rehab stay at Wellspring. The therapy department is top in the nation in my opinion. Excellent care from the nursing staff especially on day shift. I also enjoyed the conversation with all of the staff.

Nice community!

Me and my loved one took a tour of this community and we liked it. We did see that the residents were sitting out of there rooms. The staff answered all questions that we had and they seemed very knowledgeable about the place.

Above and Beyond Great service

Our whole experience has been a good one. The nursing staff is excellent. Very caring, friendly, and polite. [Removed], [Removed], [Removed], [Removed] and all the staff on the 2nd floor have been great. The food is good with a variety of choices. The maintenance team has been prompt and polite. The housekeeping team do a good job with keeping the rooms clean. The therapy team is absolutely exceptional; [Removed], [Removed], [Removed], [Removed], [Removed], [Removed], [Removed] have all helped my wife tremendously. God truly blessed my wife and I with such a nice staff that was welcoming and very kind with their greetings and smiles. The staff went above and beyond and we will miss everyone.

Home sweet home!

Everything has been fine since my move to Evergreen/Wellspring. The grounds and the community are very nice. My cottage is very roomy and comfortable. Everybody I have met have been very pleasant and helpful. All the little things are being fixed and I really like the place.

Money, Money, Money

Is a negative score possible! The executive director is a foolish individual, he tried to act sincere but was pretty fake the entire time. Maybe he should try harder a little less and be natural. The line staff were friendly but I just got the creepy feeling from the Administration, but the sales people were excellent. I just have a sense for BS and I sensed it strongly during my tour when we spoke with the upper management. Plus they seemed waaaay over priced and they have no options after the resident runs out of money, other than going to the nursing home or moving out!! Just got the feeling that the almighty dollar was all that mattered.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Wellspring. I am the new Executive Director for Evergreen (I officially start on September 1, 2016) and I hope to bring my true compassion and exuberance for the Senior Lifestyle hospitality and customer service experience to not only our residents and their families, but for all visiting our campus as well. If you have previously felt the team not sincere I apologize and look forward to earning your trust moving forward. Evergreen is a private pay community so we do urge all prospective residents to discuss long term costs with a financial planner prior to committing to our community, However, there are a number of resources including, but not limited to, VA programs and loan groups that help to cover costs pending the sale of a home, available to seniors. Whether you choose Evergreen or not, I would be happy to be a resource for you. Please contact me any time at our community phone line. Thank you again for your time! Russ Conrad, Executive Director

A Bit Expensive, But Overall A Nice Community

Everything is working out pretty well for my mother at this community. She is still adjusting, but I'am confident about the type of care she will be receiving. The community is very well maintained. The staff has been welcoming and helpful. The food is nice, I've tried it and the meals are good. It is a bit expensive, but I would recommend it.

Too soon to review, but my initial thoughts....

We just moved my parents here so all I can review is the initial experience. Kristi at Evergreen was amazing to work with. The facilities are very nice.

We moved in on a Sunday and it was hard to identify employees to ask questions.

The apartment is VERY nice with a lot of natural light. Freshly painted with new carpet.

I think my parents are going to like it here once they get settled in.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your comments. We are so happy your parents are happy and settling in well. We apologize that you had some struggles on move-in day and we hope to have the opportunity to show you how attentive we are. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you!

The staff here is very helpful and very kind. The lady that showed me the cottage has been extremely nice and patient with me. I have not moved in yet, but I feel that this is the best place for me and I will be moving in next week.

Seemed like a nice place!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional! However, at the time of our search they did not have any availability.

I really liked Evergreen, but it was a little big.

I toured here when I was looking into options. I really liked Evergreen, but it was a little big. I was concerned that my mom would get overwhelmed. Kathleen was nice, I liked her, but ultimately this wasn't the right choice for mom.

I LOVE my stay here at Wellspring

All the staff have been wonderful during both my rehab visits. The facility, the staff has been like a second family on the floor and in the Rehabilitation. Since, this is my 2nd time, I would return if need be. I see a dedicated staff. I have recommended this facility to other family members and friends, the place is clean it smells clean...kudos to the houskeeping staff.

The nursing department get the meds out on time, there isn't a long wait when I put my call light on. Also the nursing staff will evaluate the resident to determine whether or not their ready to go home....I like that! There have been times that I craved potato chips and was given my request. The Therapy Department are all very good. Jamie the Social Worker is wonderful! Barb is very attentive. Mike often comes to my room and checks on me. The "man in the suit" always shakes my hand when he sees me. I am also impreessed with the Activities department; they make sure that they have activities and the snacks that are given to the residents are good.

I have been blessed to stay here.

Wellsprings, heartily recommended

I have been at Wellsprings Rehab for a month, and will probably be here at least another. From the very begining I was impressed with the staff cleaning crew, ptherapy people, nurses and the aids, all go that extra mile to make you feel wellcome and in good hands. I know when I leave I will miss the care I was given. The facillity is comfortable, food is awsome, and the rooms are bright and cheery.

Best in Class

This place was amazing from the time that I set eyes on the grounds. I walked in and was greeted by the most gracious receptionist that I have ever met. The little restaurant was amazing and the atmosphere was so inviting. It is like a country club in the middle of the city. The atmosphere was so contagious that I had to move in. What else would I ever ask for?

Amazing Community

My experience at Evergreen has been amazing. The staff have been so caring, whether it is housekeeping or maintenance they have treated me like I was their mother. The management staff have been involved daily with my orientation and have made me feel like I was at home. Overall, this place is amazing and the staff have overwhelmed me when it comes to customer service. I would recommend Evergreen to anyone that I speak to.

Successful Rehab

I came to Evergreen/Wellsprings after major spinal surgery. I couldn't stand, walk, dress myself, properly use the bathroom and much more. What I needed was an excellent rehab staff to work with me. It's been a tougher journey than I expected. Evergreen / Wellspring's PT & OT staff is extremely knowledgeable & providing persistent care. I couldn't believe my progress. Every week I was doing more & more. Their rehab made my spinal surgery a success.
The facility is excellent. Large rooms, excellent meals and an attentive staff, all which has provided a positive atmosphere.

disorganized!

Did not seem to be consistent with information. One person promises one thing, and then another something totally different. I agree with the user who said that they were not very professional. Seems that they need to get better organized.

SLC East

I am disappointed to hear about the experience that you had at our community, as this is not the expected performance for Evergreen and Wellspring. I would like the opportunity to address your concerns specifically. Please feel free to contact me at [removed] or email at [removed]
Sincerely,
Jeremy Yates
Executive Director

Really good

They’re really clean. So far the staff has been exceptionally friendly. I think it’s a really good place. From what we’ve experienced, everything has been just fine. We haven’t really used much of the activities. Our loved one is still getting settled in.

...it was fantastic.

During your initial contact ask lots questions, make sure that ever thing gets clarified. Overall we are pleased that my mom is there. We just had to tweek some things when she came back from the hospital. We ate in the big the big dining the night she moved in and it was fantastic.

would not have found this without A Place For Mom

Dad is 98 and was living independently prior to a hospital stay. We had to finally find assisted living for him. Evergreen has been our prayers answered. He is thriving and is actually beginning to enjoy life again. Physical therapy there has done amazing things for his arms and limited mobility. My sister and i anquished over the choices so when our brother recently complemented our choice we are even more thrilled.

Lack of Communication

The community is very lovely, has very nice views and plenly of nature around. The problems we are having is which the actual organization. They just don't seem to be very organized or professional. There seems to be lack of communication amongst them that is affecting the residents. It is really hard to get things done at the community. We have had issues with something not working and it has been like this for several weeks. They had a person come look at it and they said they would come back after fixing a couple of other things but has yet to return. There is also concern with the financial part as they just give a generalized reason why charges are going up rather then specific reasons for it. It is very hard to get a hold of anyone sometimes they return the calls sometimes they don't.

SLC East

My name is Jeremy Yates and I am the Executive Director at Evergreen Retirement community. I appreciate your feedback but am very disappointed to learn that you did not have a better experience. I agree that communication is vital and I am planning on conducting an investigation based on the information you described below. Please feel free to contact me via phone at [removed] ext 1285 or email at [removed] so we can discuss in more detail the issues you identified in your review. I appreciate your feedback and I am confident that you or your loved one will have a better experience going forward.

Fancy yet laid back........

My mom is moving to Cincinnati from a small town and this beautiful former winery/brewery home SMELLS great! NO mothballs or medicine smells. All I can smell is flowers and popcorn! My kids say it looks like a mansion/resort we use to go to as a family back in West Virginia. The staff has been so patient and my mother can be demanding. We hope to continue to work with Kathleen, Stephanie and help mom to transition to Cincinnati. I think that if everyone is as nice as the folks we've met so far.........Evergreen will be a perfect place for her.

Very nice place, restaurant like O Cl...

Very nice place, restaurant like O Club. Patrons all seemed VERY active. Few showers with access & the step was a little high.

Very nice. Semi-private rooms looked ...

Very nice. Semi-private rooms looked nice. NO MEDICAID FOR DEMENTIA.