The Woodlands of Hamilton - Hamilton, OH

Extremely impressed with [name removed] and the staff and residents I met on my tour. All questions answered thoroughly. The Woodlands would be my first choice for my dad. I know he would be well cared for here. Definitely a homey and family type facility.

Nice Respite Stay

Our loved one stayed at The Woodlands of Hamilton for a brief respite stay. We chose this community because it was very clean and had a pleasant smell throughout the facility. The staff was very warm and inviting. I did not dine there with my mom and she did not say anything about the meals that they served. I think she enjoyed the food. There were activities provided for the residents to engage in. Since her stay there was so brief we were unable to decorate or bring in her bed, so it was not as comfortable as it could have been. We were satisfied that they took good care of her in our absence. I would recommend this community to others.

Comfortable With My Mother Move Here

So far everything is working out pretty well for my mother with her move to this community. She has adjusted well to it, and I'am comfortable with her living here. The staff is kind, and have been helpful with whenever needed. When I come to visit the community,and her room are nice, and clean. They have nice activities if she ever wants to participate, and they provide good meals for the residents. I have not had any problems with this community, and I would recommend it.

Things Keep Disappearing

It is extremely sad when your loved ones personal things keep disappearing and no one can explain why. I have had to replace 3 pillows that disappear off my husband wheelchair and the staff can't give me a straight answer as to where they go. I have had to track down my husband hearing aides because they too disappeared. I feel that right now that they are extremely under staffed which tends to bring not so pleasant attitudes. They could offer more activities instead of putting the residents in the dining hall area and letting them sleep in the wheelchairs. The food seems good however the portions are much too large.
The facility itself is clean and doesn't have an odor to it like most places. it's smaller and more personable or that is the way it should be.

Good tour

We toured The Woodlands of Hamilton where the community was very clean and well-kept. The staff was friendly and provided answers to our questions. We were looking for something more spacious in the memory care unit portion. We felt my loved one would feel too confined in the small area.

Friendly Staff!!

I recently had spoke to the staff at this community for a possible living arrangement for my mother. They where very kind and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. It was just not the right location in the end decision for my mother. It would have been to long of a distance to get to her in a timely manor. Overall great staff selection and I would recommend it.

Great place

Everyone one is supper friendly and very helpful. The only issue I've had is when we bring my grandma back after 8 pm. It seems like it's very difficult to get in the building and that there is very limited staff around to help with changing of clothes and getting ready for bed.

Accommodating Staff!

The staff at this community have maintained very good communication with me. They let me know if hey have any questions or concerns. The place is clean and maintained well. It has wallpaper on the walls.

We were impressed from the moment we walked in the door. [Removed] met is at the door, was expecting is and greeted our Dad by name. This facility seems to be all about the residents, allowing them to have a say about menu planning and outings. Residents we saw were interacting with staff and several gave unsolicited commendations about the food, the care, and the staff. We are putting The Woodlands at the top of our list.

Staff is very friendly with residents and family

Everything Was Going Well Hoping to Return

So far this community was working out well, but my aunt recently fell and broke her hip and she is now at a rehab center. This is a lovely facility. We had one little problem, which was her room was a mess her room had not been cleaned since the fall. We are hoping the problem as been resolved when we return. Other than that issue the staff is wonderful.The community looks great. There are great activities offered. They do provide good care. I knew she was safe and in good hands. This would be a community I would recommend.

We are very, very happy with it

We are very, very happy with it. They take very good care of my father. They are very good with getting in contact with me when they to update me on anything. The Woodlands of Hamilton is a nice facility. It's always very clean. The staff is very nice and very helpful. They offer activities. Our experience at The Woodlands of Hamilton has been very good. It's just a very nice community with friendly people.

They are very responsive

The Staff is very friendly, and very, very receptive. The activities that they provide, seem to be pretty well attended and everyone of the staff are very good about dealing with the residents. The staff is very good about attending to her needs and very receptive of questions. They are very responsive when anything happens with my mom to inform me immediately.

This visit to The Woodlands...

This visit to The Woodlands was the best one that my sister and I have visited. We have also visit 3 other communities that were not on your list of recommendation. I think this is the best of all.

The Woodlands of Hamilton

The Woodlands of Hamilton is a very nice assisted living location. It is very clean and well maintained and the staff is extremely friendly and work at getting the residents to participate in activities.

The fact that it has both memory care and assisted living will allow my parents to get the assistance they require yet remain at the same location. The fact that it takes Medicaid after a period of private pay is a bonus and one of the selling points.

nurses need to be more attentive

The facility is beautiful but my mom has run out of her meds because nurses forgot to order them 3 times!! She has been forgotten for meals about 3 times and her meds have not been given 3 times. Other facilities have problems too I just think they need to be on top of things more. The food is good and the aides are very caring., Mom has been there7 months.

Tour of facility was good. People we...

Tour of facility was good. People were very nice and we talked to some of the residents. Facility is the most expensive of the three we've visited.

Enjoy thoughtful amenities in a warm, homelike environment at The Woodlands of Hamilton, an Assisted Living and Memory Care community nestled in the west side of Hamilton, Ohio. From thoughtfully designed studio, one- and two-bedroom floor plans to world-class services such as medication administration and palliative care, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Our apartments offer comforts, conveniences and safety features designed to enrich life for seniors – spacious bathrooms with walk-in showers, emergency call buttons in every apartment and all utilities except basic cable paid. Community amenities enhance that carefree lifestyle even more with comfortable spaces to watch programming on a big-screen TV or challenge a neighbor to a friendly game of billiards or cards. We also feature a full calendar of activities with weekly shopping outings and scenic bus rides that allow our residents to get out and explore the city without transportation worries. Our 24-hour caring staff focuses on residents’ quality of life not only with professional Assisted Living and Memory Care support services but also with palliative care relying on input from nurses, chaplains, social workers, psychologists and other healthcare professionals including our house doctor, podiatrist and dietician.