Mallard Cove Senior Living - Cincinnati, OH

Mallard Cove now offers even more for area seniors who desire an affordable, independent lifestyle that offers the assurance of a continuum of care. You’ll feel at home from the very start at Mallard Cove. Friendly faces and activity-filled days are all a part of our comfortable lifestyle. You’ll have plenty of room for cherished possessions in your spacious apartment and we’ll be happy to welcome your small pet. Here at Mallard Cove, you’ll find peace of mind.

A Great Place for Mom!

I can't thank the staff at Mallard Cove for their diligent efforts in making our mom a resident. My sister and I were often pleasantly surprised at how accommodating and thoughtful the staff are. Mom is as happy as she can be, at her advanced age and state of low vision.

A Place for Mom also deserves a mention: our contact their frequently called and emailed to support and encourage us on this journey.

Comfortable care!!

I have no complaints about the care my aunt is receiving at this community . She has been happy and very content in her new living environment which is most important to us. She enjoys her meals as well as the social environment of the dinning experience with the other residents. Overall we are pleased and would recommend it.

This is a very nice community! Beautiful setting, nice interactive staff, residents interactive and busy, clean and accommodating. They seem to personally meet the needs of their residents. Definitely will consider this once Mom comes to visit.

Take a look at this community

We liked living at this community. The staff were good and the community was kept well maintained. The food was good. We moved as the apartment we had at this community was just to large for us.

Everything is excellent

The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The food is good and they offer a variety of choices. The community is clean and well maintained. They offer daily activities. I would highly recommend this community.

They truly care.

My sister toured this community, and I spoke to them on the telephone. From my sister, on the tour the community looked like a very nice modern place. The people and staff were attentive, dedicated and caring. We felt mom would have been comfortable here but they did not allow pets, which was a concern at the time. Overall, Mallard Cove became our #2 choice.

All inclusive community!!

The thing I really liked at this community is everything is all inclusive which makes things a lot easier on my parents budget. The staff have been very helpful with my dads recovery from his health issues and making sure he is comfortable as well as accommodating his needs as best as possible. They both have had no complaints about the food and enjoy participating in activities from time to time. Overall we are very pleased with everything so far.

Happy residents!

We did not get to go on a official tour, but I was able to see what needed to be seen. The residents that were there talked to us and were happy that they were here. The community itself looked clean and open. It seems like a good place.

Very Nice Community

I had really nice tour of this community. I really liked this community. From what I saw everything looked great, they do a good job with the cleanliness. The staff was kind and informative. Location was a big factor, and this community was far for me to travel too. It was a good experience, and this is a very nice community.

Mom Tried Senior Living

My mom was there just a short while about 3 months.
It is a nice place to visit and they did a good job and tried to understand her needs. The community did their very best. There was a combination of people that came to visit her to provide therapy and in house nursing.

Nice Tour, This A Nice Community

My tour of this community went well. From what I saw
the community looks nice and clean. The staff was friendly and nice. It was good tour, but not the place for my mother and her needs.

This was a very nice community around $6K a month. Ted [Removed] was very professional and informative. My only issue with the Mallard memory unit was the inability for residents to enjoy the outdoors. They had very small outdoor areas that were very small. Other places I have visited had much larger courtyards the residents could access and get some exercise by walking.

Review of Mallard Cove Senior Living - Cincinnati, OH

Really like this community and Patty [Removed] was great to speak with. Considering the community. Only downside is that it is far from Loveland for moms friends to visit as the day drive very far anymore

Friendly, caring staff

Overall we're pleased with how things have gone at Mallard Cove! It is a nice looking place, and the staff all seem very friendly and caring. I really like how active the community seems, they have a lot of great activities to keep the residents entertained!

Very informative, very friendly staff engaged conversation with everyone we passed by. Room was great great location to bedroom. Clean new carpet and paint. Price all inclusive manageable.

Home sweet Home for my parents!

My parents have one of the large 2 bedroom apartments. They love their new nest and have made some much needed friends. Everyone thinks, Oh try to keep them in their own place for as long as you can. Or you're a bad child putting your parents into assisted living. Wrong! They were in a cage in their place, couldn't drive, no one but each other to stare at all day or the tv, to tired to cook or clean up.even with all my help & an occasional helper.
Here they have activities, new friends to share life stories with & learn of their new friends stories . The staff has been wonderful!! To my parents.
No more cooking, laundry, etc. for my Mom! She LOVES it. Plus in the dining room it isnt the same food for every one. They have a menu as if you were dining on a cruise ship! P.s. Great chef!
Also, I am at peace knowing there is always someone there for them 24/7.
Hope this isn't inappropriate to mention but a place for mom Did Not help us find Mallard Cove! Someone else did, yet they demanded commission just because they sent me an email with mallard cove on it , along with an extensive list of every place in town. Then they sent out a referral to every place with our names so they would get commission. They did nothing to help us! Be careful.
Mallard Cove gets a 10 from our family!

Review of Mallard Cove Senior Living Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Cincinnati, OH

Very nice, very clean, great tour, don't know if its a fit for my mom there yet, as we have several more visits scheduled in the coming days. Seemed to be a few people sitting around with nothing going on for them..

Fantastic place!

They do a great job here! They're very attentive, friendly, and helpful. The dining service in particular is very nice, it's restaurant style dining where you order off of a menu, and they've got plenty of choices. I've eaten here a few times when I was visiting and it was always delicious!
It's got a warm, homey feel, and plenty of privacy for the residents.

The Willows at Mallard Cove

My father lives in the memory unit. The facility is very clean, has lots of natural light, and is attractive. His room has a sliding glass door (which of course can only be opened a few inches) that looks out to the pond and willow tree. There is a walking path around the pond and outdoor courtyards (all secure.) There are many activities throughout the day, including guest musicians and fun exercise classes.
The only negative is the food but the assistant director is currently working with the kitchen to improve the situation.
I would recommend that the family try to be as involved as possible, especially in the first two months of transition to a memory care unit. Try to be your loved one's advocate, learn the routines, and let the staff know their likes, dislikes, and any concerns.

Positive experience from day 1!

We're so pleased with everything that they do here! I'd rate them higher than 5 across the board, if I could! The staff are very caring, and respond quickly to any questions or comments that you make. They work hard to please the residents and their families. My loved ones health has really improved since she moved here, she looks so much better and is more alert in general.
I'd recommend them to anyone, we've had nothing but good experiences.

Nice place, a bit shorstaffed

Overall this is a pretty nice place. It's clean, looks nice, and the staff are all very friendly. They always seem to be a bit understaffed, however, and I feel like my loved one needs a bit more attention than she gets normally. They're always very responsive and happy to help if I point out anything I'd like done, though.
I also like the pricing structure, most of the services they provide are simply included in the base price, so you don't have to worry about the price increasing drastically from a la carte services.

Best one we've been to

My mother was in assisted living and she deteriorated there, went to rehab, came back here into their dementia ward called "The Willow." She was doing well there but she ended up having a stroke. We were jsut disappointed with what the facility was able to provide. We couldn't go back there after going to the rehab, they kept in touch with the rehab while she was there and it was determined between the two facilities that her condition was such that she wouldn't be a good fit. In my book this place was a 5, it was just a very empathetic, very caring, attentive staff and everybody, when I showed up knew exactly what was going on.

I absolutely loved this pla...

I absolutely loved this place and the people who ran it were sooo nice. I felt my moms care had advanced to make her unelligible for their care level ??

Great experience and great ...

Great experience and great place. Dawn was a very gracious host to my brother and I and helped ease our fears and pain during this rough time for us. Mallard Cove was spotless, rooms are great, activities are numerous and the dining room was inviting!!! Thanks Dawn!!!

Doesn't feel like a nursing home

Its great! It's a 5 with a few little issues. Like maybe the aids don't get there in 3 minutes instead of 10, but they're so understaffed that they can't but my dad loves all the aids and its really good. We got them down quite a bit in the money, the administration helped with that, it was just a process, they wanted us in there so bad they promised us the sky. So far it's good, I would say they allow them to have their trays brought to their room and they don't charge them for that and there were some other things. I feel they did stretch it alot to get us in there but they came through on everything. I was hesitant about coming here as opposed to a place where they could absolutely have more help for my dad; you really have to have someone that is willing to step up and speak their mind, especially with the elderly, because they can't do it.

Nice quiet community

Community is very clean. They distribute medications. They helped setup our loved ones room by hang up decorations and showing them how to use certain things. We are in the newer section and there has been some growing pains and would like for them to be fixed a little faster. Some of those issues are things like it takes about 20 minutes for the hot water to kick in. The newer section is extremely far away from the dining area I would have to say it is equivalent to walking a mile for older people. The community is very pretty and there is a nice pond that provides a nice view. The community is very quiet. More then not it is a very nice place. The food is also good. Overall it is a good community that we have been pleased with.

Visited 7.31 Location? Ni...

Visited 7.31 Location? Nice & close to my fave Episc. convent for retreats. Closets less generous. Some apts have nice stacked washer & dryer combos. Will have to do more book triage if choose this one, but once you find Lippleman Rd off E. Kemper, you're home-free, & Northgate Mall's handy. Holly Beltz & I got along famously! They're up-front with co$ts, which helps me.

wasn't a right fit for dad...

wasn't a right fit for dad. very old people and very little activity. the place was very nice though

Clean, recently remodeled and newer o...

Clean, recently remodeled and newer ownership. One price for all services instead of rental price and assistance level of care prices. All Apartments contain full kitchens.

Near family's work. Every apt is asst...

Near family's work. Every apt is asst'd living. Many levels of help as needed. Studio, one-bedroom, two bedroom. All-inclusive pricing--all personal care, meals, housekeeping weekly, [all]laundry, xport to dr, shopping, outings, personal care svcs (med mgmt, bathing, grooming, acts of daily living), escorts as needed. On-site therapy, as ordered. Med Director on site. Studio $2400 w/sm kitchenette, One-bedroom 3000, two-bedroom 3400. Built in 1987 Drees. Private Owners One bedroom avbl now--VA OK.