Ohio Living Llanfair - Cincinnati, OH

Setting is too much city. Presby.

Nice Tour Of This Facility

I toured this community for my father, and his. My tour guide was there on time. She was very kind, and helpful. She showed me all around the community, and everything looked good. I did not feel this was the right fit for my father, and his needs. However our tour was a good experience.

They have been great!

My father is slowly adjusting to the big change of moving into a new place, but the other residents are helping him a lot. They are encouraging him to join activities and have a good time. The staff is very nice as well. The maintenance is very responsive. The meals provided are great, but they only serve 2 meals a day and I wish they would serve 3 or extend the dining hours to better accommodate the resident's schedules.

Never Again

Llanfair has lazy caregivers. My loved one never recovered with an ability to walk more than 8 steps without falling, while Llanfair represented to the medical provider that she had plateaued. The 1st approx 14 days physical therapy never occurred in any form. At day 20 the full coverage ended. Llanfair's report to the medical provider was falsely represented. She was discharged to go home and fell and broke her ankle in 2 places. Additionally her medical condition upon discharge resulted in her being admitted to the Hosp within 4 days of her discharge. Never again will we trust them.

Positive Experiences

My mother (aged 92) moved to a studio apartment in the Assisted Living facility at Llanfair mid-March 2016. The staff has been so welcoming and supportive as she (and I) are adjusting to her new living arrangement. The nurses, nurses' aids, dining hall employees, physical therapists and cleaning crew ALL call her by name whenever they encounter her and stop to chat. No one ever appears too rushed to take time with her. My mom interacts with a minimum of five staff members daily and enjoys the company of other residents during lunch and dinner. I really appreciate the interaction with the nurses who communicate with me regularly to inform me of any health changes or concerns. Because volunteerism has always been an integral part of my mom's life, the administrative staff has brought projects to my mom so she can continue to contribute. While my mom had never wanted to move from her home into an "old folks' home", my sister and I reluctantly made this decision to keep her safe. The caring environment at Llanfair encourages me to believe that she might, in fact, one day feel as if she is at home.

Great location, nice size r...

Great location, nice size room, like can add dishwasher! Issue might be financing...it's unclear their entrance financial criteria

Toured Friday - May 16, 201...

Toured Friday - May 16, 2014. Very impressed with the facility, but more restricted than my husband and I are wanting at this stage of our lives.

Llanfair Retirement Community has been serving the needs of older adults since 1957. Llanfair is nestled on a beautiful 14-acre campus located in the historical neighborhood of College Hill.

Llanfair offers a full continuum of care including
independent and assisted living apartment homes, skilled nursing and rehabilitation suites as well as memory and long term care.

Llanfair is a Masterpiece Living® community. As a result of a 10-year study sponsored by the MacArthur Foundation in conjunction with the Mayo Clinic, Masterpiece Living® is a revolutionary new lifestyle program that is redefining what healthy aging is all about. Our residents don’t accept the stereotypes associated with usual aging; instead we empower them to reach individual goals for growth and achievement. We surround them with a strong network of positive relationships that nurture ongoing physical, intellectual, spiritual and social fulfillment. Surrounded by big trees and gardens, this community provides residents with a breathtaking troll. With workshops, a fitness room, an activities room, and a place to worship, residents enjoy a fulfilling lifestyle while avoiding the hassles of everyday chores. Residents can even go out on the town for a movie and dinner.

Llanfair is owned and operated by Ohio Presbyterian Retirement Services, which was founded in 1922. OPRS is proud to maintain the position of being the largest and most experienced provider of retirement
services in the state of Ohio.

At the core of our foundation, is the Llanfair and OPRS Mission. Our Mission is to provide older adults with caring and quality services toward the enhancement of physical, mental and spiritual well-being consistent with the Christian Gospel.

Please call us today to find out what makes Llanfair Retirement Community so special.