The Springs of Vernon Hills - Vernon Hills, IL

Buyer Beware, Care is not a top priority

Since moving into the Springs my parent went down hill very quickly, My Dad fell many times while under their care, they will mention their dome security system which is in each residents room. The problem is no one reacts in a timely manner, I have NEVER seen any caregiver running to a room when an alarm goes off. Also, without notice they will disengage the alarm system in some residents rooms. Many times 10 or so residents are in the TV room without an aid or nurse anywhere in sight. In this time there are fights between the residents which sometimes results in physical touching. We moved out after only 3 months and sorry we ever moved in. Pauline the administrator is very weak and seems as though she does not even care about your concerns. The nurses at the Springs will call you at home to either come in to care for your loved one or they will tell you that you have to hire one on one care.

SEO Team

We are incredibly thankful that you took the time to post a review. We would like to work with you to address specific concerns to ensure a positive experience in the future. Please reach out to our regional director by calling [removed] so we can address your concerns. Thank you. The Springs of Vernon Hills Special Alzheimer's Care Center

My Favorite is The Springs

I moved my mother out of the horribly managed [Removed] as soon as The Springs opened in November 2015. I was cautiously optimistic that the staff at The Springs would give my mom the care and attention she deserved, but they surpassed my expectations.

[Removed]is a warm but firm manager. It's because of her that things get done properly. There have been a few times when things went wrong that were out of her control, but she personally went the extra mile to find a solution. For example, when the hair stylist couldn't make it in to do my mom's hair, [Removed] knew it would disappoint her, so she did it herself. It clearly made [Removed] happy to see my mother smile.

In addition to great management, the building is beautifully decorated and very comfortable for residents and visitors.

The food has been great and less than great, but it all depends on the chef. I realize that it's hard to find and keep a good one, but [Removed], the front desk manager, is also a former caterer and steps in when necessary to make things right.

The head nurse is also top notch and keeps a close eye on the staff. Case in point: I have never once seen an iphone in an employees hand (like at the other 2 facilites where my mom has lived). The staff members at The Springs are in uniform and wear a name tag which deters any potential mischief. Both [Removed] and [Removed] do a terrific job making sure the staff is doing their most important job; being attentive to the residents.

I've researched and eaten at literally every nursing home in the Lake County area in order to find the perfect place for my mom. When you can't care for your loved one at home any longer, I've found that The Springs is the next best alternative. Mom has resided in three beautiful homes in the past 5 years, but The Springs is easily my favorite for one reason; the management.

Caring and professional

My mother has been at The Springs for about a month and has adapted very well. She was in a situation where she was not getting a lot of mental stimulation, and this is a big improvement. Her physical and verbal functioning have also improved. The staff is professional, patient, and understanding. Having regular visits by a doctor specializing in older adults is a big plus. The setup with registered nurses handling medications and supervising, while other staffers direct activities and help with grooming and other issues seems to work well. Family members are welcome to visit anytime, and that makes the atmosphere very welcoming.

Unsatisfied with this experience for care

We were not happy with the care from this community. We had to move him due to issues he had. They did not want to assist us on the financial side. We had no idea we would be asked to leave. The staff were nice and caring and tried to assist his needs. We did like the menu. I could not recommend this community to others

Good care for mom

The care here from this community is very good. The staff are caring and we like the care that she is receiving. They offer a nice variety on the menu and she seems to be happy with the choices. This community has activiies that are offered. I would recommend other families to this community for the nice care and good value for the care of a loved one.

Vernon hills facility is bad

We were hoping for a facility that truly took care of your loved one! So disappointed with this Vernon hills facility! Entire original managment team with exception of administrator is gone! All fired! New hires are a huge disappointment! Can't find anyone when you are there and try calling this facility ., they don't answer! Dishes are filthy and food is bad! They have residents falling everyday and wonder why? Go visit and the staff will gladly leave you with 30 residents..alone! Horrible and terrible!

Update: Springs of Vernon Hills is Top Notch

I wrote a review earlier "Springs of Vernon Hills is Top Notch" but put the wrong # of stars!
Our family is thrilled with this facility .

Review of the Springs at Vernon Hills

This is our third residence our mother has lived in the past two years that has offered assistance, as her needs have changed. I was recommended by a neuro pschologist to bring my mother to the Springs of Vernon Hills. To say I am satisfied would be a major understatement! The staff at the Springs are the finest people I have ever been around in my life.I wouldnt know where to begin to describe the care and love my mother receives from each and every person. From the director, Tina Schachter, who has kept my mother company on sleepless nighs, ( what shes doing there at night I have no clue, but she was there,) to her husband David, who comes on weekends, to the social director Christina, who is probably the most patient person I have ever been around, to the billing/ front desk person, Shey( not sure of her spelling), to all the incredible aides who go above and beyond to make my mother and all the other residents comfortable. and well groomed, and meticulously cared for. The staff including Tina, even paint my mothers nails as well as the other residents. I could go on and on but my point is made. There is no other place like this.

Springs of Vernon Hills is Top Notch

We moved mom to this new facility after 3 years in another local facility. We have been very please with so many aspects from the beautiful decor, great executive chef created healthy meals, very engaging activities in both large and small groups. The thing that impresses us most is the caring hearts of ALL their care givers. They really connect with each of the residents in a genuine way. Management addresses all concerns and suggestions in a timely manner. Everyone is very professional but warm.

Awesome Facility, Great Food, Fun Activities!

What a great facility! Mom was floundering at another place for almost a year but has become more focused, better able to move herself around in her wheelchair, and an active participant In van trips and activities. The food is great! We enjoy our lunches there, wonderful variety, great presentation, and mom eats so well there. The building is well designed and beautifully kept, the rooms are spacious and well appointed, and the patio is inviting and has adequate shade for summer days.

The staff are welcoming, friendly, smiling and loving to the residents. We couldn't be happier! Mom is getting her correct medication, she has friends (even if she can't remember their names!), and we look forward to visiting her and playing games with them!

Check it out for yourself and tell them Julie recommended The Springs! You won't be sorry-

Your Loved One Well Taken Care Of

The staff at this facility has the best interest in mind for each resident. They have information to connect with them. The activities director plans a full schedule each day plus outings for those who can ride in the van. The facility is clean and has a very sterile laundry procedure. There are several sitting areas plus a fabulous courtyard for families to visit with their loved one. The facility has wide hallways and all on one floor which is hard to find in the area. It is worth looking at. You will have peace of mind leaving your loved one.

Pathetic