Brookdale Vernon Hills - Vernon Hills, IL

[Removed] has been wonderful here

The staff here has been going beyond my expectations and is very helpful. They are very accommodating and they made it possible for my Mother to move in a few days earlier than expected. The administrator here, [Removed], has been wonderful to work with. When my mom moved in, all of the staff members helped us as much as they could. If I ever have any issues I bring it up with [Removed] and she gets back to me right away. The weekend staff is okay and I feel like they could be more attentive. I would recommend this community.

The indoor atrium is beautiful. What a lovely location to live in. Did not have a tour. I was there for presentation.

No complaints.

Everybody here is very cooperative special thank you to [Removed]. No complaints.

I love it here. I am the luckiest girl in the world.

I have no complaints.

Everything is great.

This community is great. Keep up the good work.

I like the assistance. I like the food is good. Good food. Great entertainment.

I like because people are good. I like the food. I like everything.

It’s great!!!

People are nice.
Apartment is fine.
Rain forest is nice.

I like everything from soup to nuts.

It’s a great community.

We have lived here 3 years and truly enjoy it.

Expensive, but service is as good as it can get.

Best group ever.

I have a lot of friends here. It is comforting to have someone to eat with and play games with and just to have people around me. But sometimes I think the management does not have best interests at heart. They try to skimp on food, exercise, etc. But they keep increasing the rent.

I enjoy living here – and the people living and working here!

This community has shopping location, friendly community residents, plenty to do activities programs.

I like it here.

Friendly, happy residences staff helpful and try to answer questions. Food is good and varied. Most outings are educational and fun.

The finance department always helpful. Dining room with [Removed]. [Removed] maintenance.

Over all good.

I love it here.

No complaints.

Its ok thank you. I love. I like the food tables fit me good.
I love the apartment.

I like the bistro.

Living here is nice. Employees are nice.

The windows in the apartment. We love to open for fresh air.
You can’t expect more out of dining than what we get here. Its as good as you can get.

Variety in food interest me. People, especially employees are very polite and courteous, you can depend on them to help you.

I wish they would check on the dining room and set rid of everything with salt. The menu is getting better but salter.
Otherwise I love my apartment, I love reading in the library.
I just love everything.

Everyone who works here is kind and accommodating. The thoughtfulness is exhibited by those who live here.

Good food selection.
Good people. Food received in a timely fashion. Interesting programs.

Everything is good.

My pleasure to write about this fine organization. The administration is very helpful. The activities are most complete. My wife and I are content with the living arrangements for the two of us. The food is continental us you would expect but I have two or three favorite foods. We are located near a mall which is a place walk and shop. We are happy here and are living well.

[Removed] is the most efficient and effective person I know. When I have any questions she is always available and gives me the answers I need. I am so pleased to have known this person. I enjoy everything about my community especially the people that work here – they are fabulous.

[Removed] – always, helpful.
Getting payment in correctly.
Getting information always cheerful.
A benefit to the community.

I am Independent. I come to Brookdale for socialization. I become alive again. It has a wonderful staff who are always willing to help in anyway. The community is clean, a lot of programs to keep you busy if you want and dining is great and you meet and make many new friends.

My husband and I have lived here for 8 years. We love it and wouldn’t change anything.

I have lived in Vernon Hills for 6 years and feel it has all my needs.

I love living here.

Everything is working out well for me with my move to this community. Everyone have been very welcoming, and kind. There is always someone around when I need some help. The community look great, and they do a great with the cleanliness. The staff is very helpful, and nice. They provide good meals, and nice activities. All is well for me in this community, and I would recommend it.

I like Brookdale – people are friendly.

Lovely rooms.
Grand View.
Heated pool and spa.
Beautiful rainforest surroundings well kept.
Friendly staff and residents.
Great dining room personal.
Grand meal.

My home since October 2004 lived in Indiana moved to be close to my children. Enjoy living in this facility.
Thank You.

I am very happy here. The staff and residents are friendly and kind. I enjoy the activities and the delicious meals.

[Removed] is Assistant director and manages finance HR.
She is good at her job and I have no trouble dealing with her. [Removed] an asset to the community & company.

I have lived here for many which also included my husband. Each time there is a new management (like Brookdale) the emphasis is money – and not the residents to be happy - many activities, have disappeared; (ie the Botanic garden community here. The current CEO is invisible – seldom seen. Key people have left or been let go.
The rental for my car increased each year within the garage not totally enclosed. (No better assistance each year.
I have been falsely accused and never apologized to.

An absolutely fantastic place to live if you are a senior. The food is great and the staff is wonderful.

A great tour

When you walk into this community you can smell the good food they offer. They offer nice choices of entrees with every meal. They have a nice dining room with a fireplace. The residents and the staff seem happy. This community is just a little higher priced than other communities in the area.

The associates are all friendly very friendly and go out of their way to help you. If there is anything they can do at all – they will do it!!
I am very pleased with the associate staff!

I love the rainforest! I am very excited to be moving here on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th floor!

NORMS REVIEW

Checked out Brookdale Vernon Hills Vernon Hills IL several times---each time a different day of the week and was left with a very comfortable feeling. Also got good feedback about it from other persons who either had someone there already or knew about it. The indoor atrium is relaxing and well cared for. Yes there is the cost factor---but if you make a comparison between what you pay on your own on the outside, and what you pay for here---it pretty well balances out. DOES NOT HAVE AN INSTITUTIONAL FEELING ABOUT IT---FEELS MORE LIKE AN UPSCALE HOTEL.

A good experience!

My mother is very happy there and it has been a very good experience so far. The apartment she is in is great. The pool and overall appearance it is what she liked so much when we toured because it made it not feel like she was in a hotel or nursing home. It feels like a little resort. The food is okay, she is gluten free and they don't offer choices for gluten free. She wishes they could make meal time more of a buffet style, so it could be a little quicker. Other than that, it has been a very good experience and we are happy with our choice son far.

Good experience all the way

Professional in all regards. Visited several times--had lunch and tour--was so impressed--became a résident myself.

Brookdale of Vernon Hills Wonderful

Brookdale fo Vernon Hills is a wonderful place. My Mother is very happy, well care for and people and employees are very kind, respectful and welcoming.

Great Experience, Very Nice Community

I had a very good tour of this community. They were very helpful. Even with recommending another community that suited our needs better. The community looked great, and everything was well-kept. Our experience with this community was great, it is a very nice community.

Still figuring things out...

I really liked the community. I liked the fact that there was a garden next to it. My father did not like it himself. He felt isolated while he was there. I also did not like the fact that they said we had 60 days to decide if it was a good fit but the contract said we are obligated to still pay.

The tour was good. John's mom liked it . Rick who was our guide to was very helpful and was conscientious of her needs.

A nice tour!!

They have small apartments and you do not really get a kitchen area. It is a nice community but it did look a little tired. There is an area that surrounds the pool in the courtyard. You can open your front door and you feel like you are outside.

Kind And Friendly Community

This is a nice community and my tour went very well. Everybody was very nice and friendly. The staff was nice and very informative. The facility looked fine and well-kept. They have many activities, but for my mother at the stage of life she is in, she wouldn't be able to participate. It is a good place with very kind and welcoming people.

The facility is beautiful, very nice, and the people are wonderful.

The facility is beautiful, very nice, and the people are wonderful. Lisa is an angel. The one thing I've been having trouble with is the billing, and I have had a little trouble with people getting back to me to get it resolved.

Review of Brookdale Vernon Hills - Vernon Hills, IL

Somewhat dated facility. All services ala carte which made comparing harder.

A Fabulous Place

My situation with my Mother and Father was an overwhelming one. With my mother going through Rehab I was able to move my father into Brookdale. They have been very accommodating to my father and his alzheimer's. I was a little worried at first but after noticing how caring and helpful they were to my father my worry with out the door. They have escorts that take him to each one of his meals as well as wellness checks at nights to make sure he takes all his meds. and his room is clean. They really gave me a peace of mind knowing that he is taken care of very well. Even though my father has alzheimer's being there he seems to be in a happy state of mind.

Atrium !

The inside atrium to this facility is amazing. The lights and the trees are so nice!

Beautiful and Outstanding Facility

They have been, and continue to be, extremely friendly and welcoming to my loved one. We have had a couple issues with maintenance and it has all been resolved, but it was a little frustrating at first. The food is terrific. It is a beautiful facility and the atrium is outstanding

Nice place

My family members toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I have heard good things from my family members, and when the time comes for a move this is one we are considering.

not good for those w/ dementia/alzheimers

would not recommend if your parent/grandparent is in any stage of dementia or alzheimers. if they don't it's a great place though. didn't work for us and very expensive

Great place, though expensive

We've been here for only 2 weeks; everything has been just fine. Have to wait to eat and to use elevator at times; but, all is fine.

Beautiful facility, with some problems with heat on the 4th floor.

My 93 year old mother in law arrived 9 days ago to the independent living building in the Park, with the Rainforest.
The facility is lovely, and everyone is very friendly. Nice ambience in the dining room, but service is VERY slow. The room we chose called the Paradiso is a small one bedroom, and hard to decorate for the layout, and since we are on the 4th floor with a south exposure, it is very HOT in the room, even with the heat off in April. We hope there will be more control of the HVAC when the air is turned on for the season, after a "string of warm days" according to the marketing director.

When looking, look past the sales people.

Brookdale Vernon Hills is a very nice place. While looking for a place for my mother I looked at several places. I found it is expensive and I know my mother is well worth it. However it does come down to what is affordable. I do have to say the move in incentives that saved thousands of dollars was a big factor. The people were very helpful when choosing but once she signed and moved in those same people are not very helpful. I know it is a business and everyone has their job but when they tell you "if you ever have any questions please ask ME". They just turf you to someone else. We have had a few problems with not much help. My mom was never orientated to her new daily routine, they said that will come in a couple of weeks. I don't think that is helpful at all. This move for my mom is very traumatic and it would have been very helpful. Telling the family is not like taking my mom personally threw the steps.

She enjoyed her time there very much

She enjoyed her time there very much, and Barbara was very kind. It was very nice, she made friends. She was happy with the food. We were only there for a respite stay.

Absolutely beautiful!

This is an absolutely beautiful place. My Mom loves it! Every day she looks at the schedule to see what she wants to do. There are so many choices of wonderful things, She is very happy there. The staff is professional and looks out for the residences. The maintenance is up to date and on top of any issues. It is worth the cost.

Mom didn't want to move, and is happy that she did!

My 87 year old mom was very reluctant to move from her townhome to a supported living community. However, her ability to safely drive was in question and the safety of her living alone became a concern, so we urged her to decide on where she'd like to live next. We toured a few places, after having had toured various senior communities for years. She decided on Brookdale Plaza (formerly The Park) because she felt that she would be proud to have friends and family visit her there. While the adjustment took a little time, I'm happy to report that she now loves it. The staff knew her by name within a week. She participates in a variety of events and activities. I am certain that she is healthier as a result of moving there. She no longer drives, but continues to be independent due to the driving services that The Plaza offers. She has also been delighted to host a variety of family events, as families are welcome! We've had birthday parties, a wedding shower and Mother's Day brunch there. The staff is always welcoming and helpful. She is particularly fond of the drivers and maintenance staff who cheerfully drive her to church or assist with various projects in her apartment. Mom calls it 'Vegas without the Machines and Florida without the bugs'! Probably the only concern we've had has been the pool chemicals and temperature. They could do a better job on that. Otherwise, like any place where there are many different residents, a few issues come up here and there. The staff and administration do respond to concerns. The setting is so beautiful and it was great to know that during the 'Polar Vortex' she was safe, warm, had beautiful surroundings and lots to do - without stepping a foot outside. Another convenience is that Northshore Medical Group is next door, as well as a lot of stores and restaurants. Great place and great location!

Very nice place, overall!

So far we've had a great experience with Brookdale Place! They couldn't have been more helpful throughout this whole process, they've been nothing but wonderful and accommodating. They've been very receptive to the specific needs of our loved one, and very patient when it comes to working with him.
They have a lot to offer here, they have an on-site in-home care agency for any supplemental care a family needs, as well as various sorts of visiting doctors.

Working Out Great!

I've found that their staff has a bit more of a Laissez-Faire approach to care. The community is set up more as a Retirement Community than an Assisted Living. The Assisted Living side has residents that are not struggling with medical issues for the most part. It seems that they are not as focused on medical needs. We've encountered a few maintenence requests that have taken a little longer than hoped. However, we chose this community for many reasons.

The community itself is great! The rainforest look is neat and the kids love it! We are able to have our family come and celebrate with our loved one by the pool, which gives it sort of a resort-like feel.

Also, the room she has is nice. We were able to get a double unit here for the same price as, if not cheaper than, other communities. Also, the entrance ways to the units are personable, and you can display your belongings in the window.

When we moved her in, we were able to move her furniture in over a couple weeks, rather than having it be overwhelming and all at once. The unit came fully furnished so she had everything she needed while she was settling in.

Finally, their cancellation notice policy is great! They allow you 60 days with no penalty. In addition to the location being nearby and convenient, this was the best choice overall!

Resort Like

The Park was very resort like. It is a really big community that is also very spread out. It was the biggest community that we looked at. They have a rain forest at the community. It was really nice but just too big for our loved ones.

Beautiful and Peaceful!

I toured this community and was blown away at how beautiful this community was. I felt like I had walked into paradise! It has feel to it, I've not seen in other communities.

I asked a lot of hard questions, I really wanted to make sure that this place was someplace I could see my own parent or grandparent being in.

The Staff took me on a tour, showed me the difference styles of suites available. The set up of the suites are amazing, whether you need independent living or assisted living. They have safety features placed in sensible areas, very open layout - in the case mobility changes. I was very impressed.

One concern I had, was for those seniors which might have to have physical therapy - they have in- house accommodations for that. The people that I placed in this community have been very impressed with the staff, their accommodations, the friendly people loving there - what more could you ask for.

If this place fits into your financial requirements - I would highly recommend this community.

EMERALD CITY

Emerald City is what I call this place
From the moment we walk in we knew this was the place for my mom it was so bright and airy. The friendliest people at the front desk waiting to help you, and point you in the direction of where you need to go. The rooms are a good size, and other things that come with it. The staff in personalized living is always there to help you if needed. Great locations many shops in the area. This November 2013 will be 3 years. The rain forest is like paradise.
(YOU MUST SEE THIS PLACE)

I liked it, but I'm not sure it's the...

I liked it, but I'm not sure it's the place for Mom.

Brookdale Plaza Vernon Hills provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.