Autumn Leaves of Vernon Hills - Vernon Hills, IL

Autumn Leaves of Vernon Hills - Vernon Hills, IL has yet not published prices.

For the best memory care for your loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia in the Vernon Hills, Illinois area, consider Autumn Leaves assisted living community. We focus exclusively on memory care, providing care that’s based on the most up-to-date research, for our residents with Alzheimer’s or dementia.

Since 2001, Autumn Leaves assisted living communities have been family-owned and –operated. Caring for those with Alzheimer’s or dementia is our family’s passion. That’s why our assisted living communities have been recognized as the “best of the best” providers in dementia care by the Assisted Living Federation of America, the nation’s leading senior living professional organization.

Every moment matters at Autumn Leaves of Vernon Hills assisted living community. With our So Much More™ programming, we learn about each resident’s interests, history, and preferences, and design personalized experiences that promote cognition, calm, and moments of joy.

Every employee at every Autumn Leaves assisted living community is trained in dementia care, because caring for those with dementia is the core of our business. This includes both the team who works with our residents every day, as well as the corporate office staff.

The culinary staff at Autumn Leaves of Vernon Hills is also trained specifically to recognize the needs of the individuals in our care. Each resident’s meals are personalized according to his or her preferences. Special occasions and festive experiences also play a part in the dining experience. As a family member of a resident, you’ll be invited to attend these special occasions.

At Autumn Leaves of Vernon Hills, you’ll notice the abundant natural light, wide hallways, a secure courtyard, and many other features, all carefully designed to help create an environment that’s safe, secure, and soothing for our residents.

Call us to schedule a visit and to learn more about the individualized care we can offer your loved one at Autumn Leaves of Vernon Hills assisted living memory care. It would be our privilege for our family to serve yours.

Father is Well Here

So far everything is working out well for my father, and his move to this community. I do feel he is safe, and receiving good care. The staff is good, and they are taking good care of him, and his needs. Everything has worked out very well, and I would recommend this community.

Judy Brown

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are glad you noticed our caring staff. We work very hard to find people who are genuinely compassionate caregivers and we train every single one of our employees in dementia care.

Not worth the dollar

The care staff that are there obviously care and are trying their best with what little they have. We never see the new building Director she does Not listen and there are minimal care staff on site to care for the other residents. I have to come daily to provide care for my mom. There is no manager support as there are only 3 managers on staff currently with no nursing director. On a positive note activities are great but the activity director quit. This is not worth the high dollar amount we pay each month. It is a good thing there are so many new facilities opening so I can find a new place. It is sad that these changes have caused such a terrible effect and the facility is no longer what I was promised.

Judy Brown

In the past three years, the Care Staff at Vernon Hills has never received less than a 4-star review so of course it is distressing to read your review. We have a great Director of Health Care and an Activities Director. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Don't Look

This place is so poorly managed they cannot seem to keep staff. The care staff is ever revolving. Managers are all quitting. Do not look here. It's dark and not friendly.

Judy Brown

I’d like to apologize for your disappointing experience with Autumn Leaves of Vernon Hills. As far as I can tell, of the six managerial positions there, only one has turned over recently. As distressing as it is for us to hear about your dissatisfaction, we’d like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We have been in business for more than 14 years and strive to provide the highest quality care for our residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.

More Unneccessary Change

More change... when it seems to settle and improvements made then corporate comes in and makes more changes resulting in more turn over. There is no staff retention. That's sad for a place like this. I'm looking to move my Dad out now.

Judy Brown

As far as I can tell, of the six managerial positions there, only one has turned over recently. We're sorry to see you go.

Toured

I walked in to look st the place for my mother in law. I was greeted by smiling people. I talked with [Removed] the Director. She asked me on question no one asked me on our search- what am I looking for aside from the obvious? No asked ME that. It was always about everyone else even though I'm the one doing it all.
Circumstances have changed and if they hadn't I would have moved her there purely based off that. The building was clean, staff are friendly and obviously care as the patients were obviously cared for and happy.
Top notch!

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments.

Concern, Caring, and Kindness

This is not a 4 1/2 star place. It is a 5-star! My 95-year-old aunt is currently in Autumn Leaves after our visits to and conversations with some other places. And we are totally happy with our choice. The director, Jennifer, is a well-organized and kind professional. She is easy to contact, and she remembers each patient and the patient's family. Most importantly, she has shown consistent concern about our aunt by asking us questions about our concerns, totally listening to us and taking careful notes. She visited Aunt R several times before moving her to Autumn Leaves so that Aunt R would have a familiar face when she arrived. (impressive!!), and she has kept us updated on her condition and any changes. We can text her and know we will receive a reply. Her staff is also amazing. Whenever anyone sees us, there is a smile and a question if they can help us with anything. They are friendly and personable and approachable. We cannot say enough good about Autumn Leaves. We have been through this sort of situation before, and we have NEVER experienced so much positive energy as we have here. We know without any doubt that Aunt R is in the right place, and we thank Jenney and all the staff for their great service to not only Aunt R but also all others in Autumn Leaves and their families.

Judy Brown

We are grateful to all of our families, like you, who have entrusted their loved ones to our care. Thank you for sharing.

It's the perfect place for my Mom!

The building is so clean and friendly. The flowers in the front are beautiful! I met with sales director, [Removed]. She is so well informed and sweet. She helped me understand more about my Mom's current issues. After my meeting with her, I received a call from the director, [Removed]. The follow up was wonderful! It made me realize that Autumn Leaves really cares. Since my Mom moved in, [Removed] continues to respond to my emails and calls promptly. I love that I hear from her at least every few days with things my Mom does! The personal attention is wonderful! She puts my mind and heart at ease. The rooms are nice compared to everywhere else. The staff pays great attention to my Mom. The food is delicious and is obviously made from scratch. The kitchen staff even makes special meals for my Mom! My Mom is happy and so am I.

Perfect people and place

I called late on a Sunday and was greeted by Jennifer. She was warm and welcoming. I visited many facilities before even realizing Autumn Leaves was there. I had all but given up hope for finding a warm and comfortable place for my Mom. Jennifer immediately made me feel comfortable and safe. She walked me through the process and answered my questions. She is so kind and helpful. The facility is beautiful and my mom and I are so happy here. I'm so glad I drove by was able to meet Jennifer and find such a perfect place for my mom. I know I made the right choice.
Also, the food is delicious!

Judy Brown

Welcome to the Autumn Leaves family! Thank you for your kind comments. We're so pleased you and your mother are having such a pleasant experience. Our staff is committed to creating a loving, supportive environment for all of our residents.

Parent care

Since moving my parent into this facility there have been a lot of changes. After all the changes I thought of leaving many times. Now there's a new director Jenny. I am finally happy again! She's always warm and friendly just like talking to an old friend. She is engaging with everyone she encounters.
Everyone is a part of activities with the residents from the caregivers to the managers. I see them all doing activities with the other people who live there.
The facility is home. It is clean and happy. They provide the best care for my parent. They are well trained and understand how to care for someone with Dementia.
I recently had a hard day understanding why this has been happening to my family but Jenny sat and listened to me and helped me through. She gave me her cell phone to call whenever I have another hard day. I feel like I'm calling my old friend.
When I visit I am able to finally enjoy my time with my parent.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your kind words about our Vernon Hills community. We work hard to find team members, like Jenny, who genuinely care about our residents and their families. We train all of our staff how to connect with our dementia and Alzheimer's residents. We're so glad you and your loved ones are part of the Autumn Leaves family.

A Spouse

Carol Geimer did a wonderful job in introducing us to Autumn Leaves. She was sensitive and tactful. A warm, kind,
competent administrator!
I give her my highest review.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your post. We always appreciate positive comments from our family members, and we’re glad to hear you were pleased with Carol Geimer and with Autumn Leaves of Vernon Hills.

Autunm Leaves is a great choice

Carol Geimer made my Mother's transition to her facility a very good one. The facility is very well managed

Judy Brown

We’re particularly happy to hear that you are pleased with Autumn Leaves of Vernon Hills.

Surprised Me In A Positive Way

It really is a very nice and good place and the people are really honest. I heard some horror stories about the prices of other facilities and Autumn Leaves really surprised me in a positive way. The admissions manager is a wonderful person and is really helpful.

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments on our community.

safe caring place

Autumn Leaves of Vernon Hills is a very safe an secure place for my mother. They have a good alarm system. The medical care system that they have is very good as well.

Overall things are clean, but the lunch room needs to be better organized. The residents are often waiting half an hour or so for their food.

Overall we are pleased, but there are a couple of things that could improve.

Judy Brown

Thank you for the head's up. We love the interaction of our residents at meal time and we work hard to make every meal an enjoyable experience.

A lot of Freedom

Very clean. When you walk in there are no odors. I would recommend this place for anyone with Dementia. It's a Non-Institutional Place with a lot freedom. They don't keep you in rooms. Residents are out and about. They get involved with family and residents. The food is excellent. My overall rating of this community is 4 stars. The people are very friendly and they have a lot of different activities.

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments on our community.

Inquiring for my mother-in-law.

I met with the director about my mother-in-law. She gave me a tour of the the facility which was lovely. There different activities that the residents were engaged in. She gave me information on where to get aid for a spouse of a veteran. It was much needed and well received information by myself and our family. We are currently working with them for VA benefits. The director was very presently and professional. The rooms and the court yards were lovely and cheerful.
The director was a wealth of information about the facility, the community and different ideas on where and how to receive funds for my mother-in-law to be a resident. I was very comfortable visiting the facility and speaking with the director.

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments regarding Autumn Leaves of Vernon Hills.

Our Mother's Care

This is the cleanest, most well kept facility we've seen. It looks as if you have walked into a hotel lobby when you walk in. Our mother has been a resident for a month now. In that months time, we have been blown away by the care and compassion shown to not only our mother but our families. Carol and Sabrina are like talking to your own family about anything that comes up.
Autumn Leaves hosted a dinner a couple weeks after we placed our mother here and it was wonderful. Meeting other families of residents and being able to hear 1st hand the care their family member is receiving was so nice. In our conversations, there was not a negative comment among the families we spoke with.
Our mother just celebrated a birthday and it seemed everyone stopped by to wish her well. Each person that stopped she would say, "She is so nice. I really like her.". This is not the experience we had for the past two years in another facility in Lake Zurich.
We chose to use the DRs on staff here. Our mother had eczema when she arrived and Dr. Pottermin was called and within a week the scabs were almost gone. Dr. Rivera/psychiatrist, is one of the first DRs I have ever met that actually sat and spoke to our mother and not over her, patiently waiting for her answers and assuring her he was there specifically for her needs and truly listening to her answers. (My dad was a DR and their Dr friends do not show her this kind of compassion-they don't get it.)
My whole family has commented on the kindness and respect shown to not only our mother/grandparent, but to us.
There was a little bit of an adjustment period, but Autumn Leaves assured us it would take about week and it did. She is happier than she ever was in the other facility. I have found that all the little details matter. From scheduled bath times to how food is served, to the utensils they use, Autumn Leaves has thought out each step.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your post. We always appreciate positive comments from our family members, and we’re glad to hear you are pleased with Autumn Leaves of Vernon Hills.

A little shabby and no different "levels of activity for different levels of ability." No caretakers visible.

Judy Brown

As distressing as it is for us to hear about your unhappiness, we’d like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

What a difference a community makes

Contacted Carol at Autumn Leaves to schedule a tour of their facility in Vernon Hills for my mom who has memory issues. Talking with Carol was like talking to an old friend...felt like I had known her for years. Anyway, explained the situation with my mom a nd her current living situation at a nearby assisted living community. She was not participating in activities offered at the community, had basically isolated herself in her room which led to delusions, paranoia, etc., and there were other issues within the community as well. Toured Autumn Leaves with Carol and was so impressed with how she and the entire staff engaged with all the residents. We moved my mom into Autumn Leaves just before Thanksgiving, and the improvement in mom is so amazing. Of course the memory issues are still there, but the delusions and paranoia she experienced before are gone...without any changes to meds. She is participating in activities; loves doing crafts and playing bingo. I'm not hearing complaints about the food either; but best of all, mom seems to be much happier at Autumn Leaves. Should also mention that I really like the all-inclusive price structure at Autumn Leaves...never have to worry about surprises with additional fees added on as mom's disease progresses. Thank you Carol and everyone at Autumn Leaves for making a difference in my mom's life...and mine as well!!

Judy Brown

Thank you for your kind words. We're so glad you and your mother are a part of the Autumn Leaves family!

We work hard to find staff members, like Carol, who are genuinely compassionate caregivers. We are also proud of our Life Engagement Program. We continually strive to get to know each resident on a personal level so that we may offer personalized memory care activities for every resident.

We're really looking forward to getting to know you and your mother even better than we do now.

Autumn Leaves Vernon Hills

Contacted Carol [removed] at Autumn Leaves to schedule a tour of their facility in Vernon Hills for my mom who has memory issues. Talking with Carol was like talking to an old friend...felt like I had known her for years. Anyway, ex plained the situation with my mom and her current living situation at a nearby assisted living community. She was not participating in activities offered at the community, had basically isolated herself in her room which led to delusions, paranoia, etc., and there were other issues within the community as well. Toured Autumn Leaves with Carol and was so impressed with how she and the entire staff engaged with all the residents. We moved my mom into Autumn Leaves just before Thanksgiving, and the improvement in mom is so amazing. Of course the memory issues are still there, but the delusions and paranoia she experienced before are gone...without any changes to meds. She is participating in activities; loves doing crafts and playing bingo. I'm not hearing complaints about the food either; but best of all, mom seems to be much happier at Autumn Leaves. Should also mention that I really like the all-inclusive price structure at Autumn Leaves...never have to worry about surprises with additional fees added on as mom's disease progresses. Thank you Carol and everyone at Autumn Leaves for making a difference in my mom's life...and mine as well!

Carol

Carol, Put my wife at easy that her mother would be well taken care of. It so nice to have her mother close to daughter. Carol took the time to explain things and show us around, a real pleasure to work with. Pat seem to keep them busy.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your kind remarks about Carol and Pat. We work very hard to find people who are genuinely compassionate caregivers

Autumn Leaves has been wonderful

Autumn Leaves has been such a blessing for us to find at the time when we finally got to the point that we could no longer care for my wife and they have done an amazing job in caring for her. The way my wife had been affected made her transition difficult, but the care and attention of the medical and care staff have made it so she is now content and we know she’s getting the best care possible: better than the care we could give her ourselves. The care staff is wonderful and the family can see how caring they are with each visit. I’m always so impressed with the staff attending to everyone equally and with the greatest respect for them as individuals. They have been a tremendous help and comfort. We are glad every day that we chose Autumn Leaves to take care of her.

Judy Brown

Thank you so much for your kind words about our community.

Our top choice!

We spent several hours visiting with Carol - she was patient, knowledgable, caring, and very accommodating. She answered every question, took us on two tours of the facility, and talked with us like she was talking with family. We believe Autumn Leaves would be a warm and caring home for my mother-in-law. They offer cognitive therapies, a peaceful environment, and a staff that treats the residents with respect, patience, and a commitment of quality care. Of all the places we toured, this is the one that felt most like a home.

Judy Brown

We appreciate your thoughtful review of our community and particularly your nice words about Carol and our staff.

The nicest memory facility we visited.

The best facility we visited hands down. Like being in your own home. I thank goodness for the staff every day. Yes, it's pricey but the piece of mind is worth it. I know my mother is being well cared for and is safe.

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments on our community. We are glad you noticed our caring staff. We work very hard to find people who are genuinely compassionate caregivers and we train every single one of our employees in dementia care

The Right Place

From our first visit, we knew that Autumn Leaves was the right place for my Mom. The environment is so very home-like ---- a comfortable place for my Mom and, almost as important, a comfortable place for people to visit and spend time. The sense of community from the residents, their families and the staff, is refreshing. There is also such a personal touch to the care. My Dad, my sisters and I are thankful that Autumn Leaves offers this type of living alternative. I know my Mom would feel the same way.

Judy Brown

We really appreciate your thoughts on our community. We put a lot of thought into the way we build each community and we’re happy that you noticed

Trusting, open and caring

I knew this was the place for my brother the moment I walked into Autumn Leaves. I was greeted with sincere warmth and caring...There was no sales pitch. The energy of caring is very real. I felt like I could finally take a breath. The atmosphere was serene and comforting. I could tell that the staff, every single person, was working there because they genuinely care for the residents. The attention to detail is remarkable. Every time I pop by for a visit his room is spotless, bed made and he is involved in some activity...He seems relaxed and happy...I highly recommend Autumn leaves. They give me peace of mind knowing how well he is being cared for...

Judy Brown

Carol was great. Very cand...

Carol was great. Very candid, which I appreciated. Unit is definitely dementia and Alzheimer's only. Mom won't be going there soon, as she is still able to manage her own home with help. Facility seemed pretty nice. I would go back for a closer look when I get more serious about committing.

It is a good place

The food at the Thanksgiving, and Christmas get togethers was very good. They do have some staff turnover here. The physical layout of the facility was a I liked the security they have, and that they are monitored and that it's all one level. I liked that the bedrooms they can leave, but once they leave the door is locked and no one can come in unless they have a key. There are different options for prices with types of rooms.

My dad's new home.....

After researching and visiting many facilities in the area, we chose Autumn Leaves as my father's new home. From the first time I entered the building I sensed a difference in this community on many levels. The size and physical layout of the building is designed to accommodate the needs of the residents. There is a warmth and compassion towards residents and families that is above and beyond what I saw at other facilities. The staff is specially trained in the needs of patients with dementia/Altzheimers and are able to individualize care plans for each resident. In other facilities, if patients' condition changed requiring more ADLs, there would be an extra charge added on to the monthly fee or he/she would need to be moved to another facility. I am comforted in knowing that my dad can remain at Autumn Leaves for the rest of his life including Hospice care.

Our New Home

We moved our grandfather into Autumn Leaves this July after it became clear his dementia made it no longer safe for him to live independently. We could see his increasing anxiety, and the symptoms of dementia seemed worse by the week. The staff at Autumn Leaves was extremely supportive every step of the way, helping to educate us about dementia and the things that grandpa was likely experiencing as part of the disease. The support they offered at the time of transition was exceptional, even traveling with us to another state to make sure he was safe during his trip. After moving in, grandpa adjusted so quickly to his new home and we have seen a huge difference in his demeanor. He is now so much more at ease, and is truly happy in an environment where his needs are better supported. We now enjoy frequent visits and quality time with him every week. The staff at Autumn Leaves continues to exceed our expectations and provides the very best care, in a loving and nurturing environment. We are all so happy with grandpa new home!