Sedgebrook - Lincolnshire, IL

[Removed] - called on 4/29 and scheduled us for 1:30 on Friday, 5/5.

[Removed]n spent at least 90 minutes with us. Sedgebrook is definitely what we are looking for in an active senior community. It appears to be independent living at its best, and in our current neighborhood. My primary concern has been to live somewhere that has medical personnel on site who can respond to an emergency situation quickly (before the Fire Dept. EMT's arrive). [Removed] told us that their emergency response team is made up of EMTs/Paramedics who assess the situation and will decide if calling for an ambulance is warranted. The 2-bedroom apartment that she showed us was definitely larger than the others we have seen, and they are very flexible about making changes to suit the individuals' needs (for a price). Our primary concern now is whether we can afford to live there, as the "buy in" amount is much higher than anticipated.

[Removed] also invited us to come for an overnight visit to get a "real feel" for the community.

Friendly staff!

I liked the Sedgebrook when I toured it. The facility was clean and well maintained. The tour guide was knowledgeable and friendly. It was a good tour and they answered all of my questions as well as give me good information.

Have visited it myself but still need to get my sister up to Ill. to see. Very positive place and loved everything we saw.

Sedgebrook has accomidated our many requests!!!

This is a buy in community and I would say you would need to be wealthy to afford this. There Is a Rehab place located behind the community. There is a doctor on the premise a podiatrist and hearing person coming in monthly. THe community is clean and beautiful. Food is not that good. They have a bistro style cafeteria that is better than the dining room. They offer indoor parking and they have a pool.

Sedgebook is a great place.

Sedgebrook is an active indépendant community. Everyone is VERY friendly. My mother moved into Sedgebrook last month and has acclimated relatively quickly. Note to future residents.....she moved into a one bedroom unit and wished she had done a two bedroom. It is too late to do that now as it would require buying/selling. She has run into old friends (from grade/high school) and met many new people.