Green Oaks Senior Living - Libertyville, IL

Mom is leading a new a better life!

My mother has been a resident at Green Oaks for almost four months following an illness and a brief stint in rehab. She is 91, legally blind, and barely able to walk, yet was surprised when the doctor said she would either need 24/7 care or assisted living. She wasn't certain of the decision my siblings and I made. Two days into her new life, she told me moving to Green Oaks was the right decision and now, four months later, is living a fantastic life - much better than my siblings or I could have anticipated.
Yes, there have been a few hiccups. The facility is new and a few kinks needed to be ironed out. Those kinks of which I am aware have been resolved.
I cannot say enough about the staff. Each and every person I have met is upbeat, friendly, and totally dedicated to the residents.
The ongoing and special event activities keep my mother engaged. She is like a new person. She is loving life. Instead of the calls I used to get, "are you coming to see me soon," now when I call I get "[name removed]who?" Okay, I'm kidding on that one, but truly she is so involved in life, I have a hard time reaching her.
She gets her hair done, her toenails cut, and many other routine types of appointments than minimize my "having" to see her. Now I "get" to see her. Such a difference for me as well.
My mother, my siblings, and I highly recommend Green Oaks assisted living. We are all thrilled with the decision to move Mom there.

Samantha McCue

Thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Green Oaks Senior Living!

you need to improve

the food is horrible

Not as advertised.

Dining has deteriorated from restaurant style dining to a buffet now because they can't get enough servers. Food is cold and due to mobility issues for many of the residents this should not be occurring when table side service is advertised. Food choices have diminished - two entrees down from three and a fish choice. Housekeeping is minimal - bed is changed but they don't dust thoroughly or clean the floors correctly. Rug in our apt. is showing signs of wear that shouldn't occur after only 7 months. Now we have spiders in our apt. I am deeply disappointed in the response from management. Promises and more promises and no action taken. Dining has got to improve.

Samantha McCue

Hello thank you for providing feedback. We apologize for your negative experience but want to assure you we understand the importance of great dining and providing excellent service for our residents at Green Oaks Senior Living. This month we recently hired more servers for our dining room and are in the process of thoroughly training all team members before placing them out on the floor. We are confident that we can met our dining expectations and will continue to work hard in that regard. We do appreciate this feedback and are actively reviewing each area described in our reviews for a better understanding and a company-wide approach to address all concerns. If you are interested, we would love to speak with you directly about your experience and have you provide further insight. Please reach out to us at [removed]. Thank you,.

My husband has been in green oaks for four months. The environment is very clean and welcoming. Looking forward to a better dining environment when all the kinks are worked out. Special recognition to Lori, Daniella, and Tony. They constantly are friendly and possess a great attitude. The residents are fantastic. Very friendly.

Samantha McCue

Hello there, thank you; we appreciate your great feedback! Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything. Have a wonderful day.

My husband has been in green oaks for four months. The environment is very clean and welcoming. Looking forward to a better dining environment when all the kinks are worked out. Special recognition to [three names removed]. They constantly are friendly and possess a great attitude. The residents are fantastic. Very friendly.

Samantha McCue

Hi, thank you for your review about your husband's experience with us. We are happy to pass along your comments to the staff here at Green Oaks Senior Living! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if there's anything more we can do!

Get place for care

The reason I came her because I was sick and could not take care of myself. And all of those things were taking care of for me when I came in here. I have meals cooked and served to me. The people who work here are very helpful. The residents are very friendly. Anything you have an interest in, the place has something for you. [name removed] and [name removed] who work in the dining room; we all love them. Cordial environment and anytime I ask for something at the front desk they are very helpful

Samantha McCue

Reviews like yours keep us motivated and working hard! Thank you for your kind words!

A Fun Place to Live

Even though this community has had some growing pains in the kitchen, it is still fun place to live.

The staff works hard to create a pleasant environment, and there are plenty of fun activities to choose from.

I have been a resident in this community for the past 3 months and have found it enjoyable to be here.

Samantha McCue

We're pleased to hear our staff is always able to create a pleasant environment and provide plenty of fun activities for everyone! Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

I'm Happy Here

I have lived here for about 7 months now and I am happy here. The staff is compassionate and caring, and I get along with all of my neighbors.

I love the outdoors and try to take a walk every day, the grounds are beautiful and well maintained. This is a nice place to live.

Samantha McCue

We are pleased to hear you have enjoyed living here for the past 7 months so far! Thank you for your wonderful review.

Friendly Neighbors

My favorite part of being here is my fellow residents. They are all so friendly and have made me feel very welcome since my arrival. It's nice to have such interesting neighbors to spend time with, the staff is also very kind.

Everyone here has made me feel welcome and that is so important because there are many places where people don't care as much about you and it can make you feel alone. That has not been the case at Green Oaks Senior Living.

Samantha McCue

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your positive comments with us! It is great to hear how friendly and pleasant everyone is. Thank you again!

A Nice Place To Live

Although dining could use some improvement, the staff is always very friendly and compassionate. They are always ready and willing to help me with whatever I need.

I find my fellow residents to be warm and friendly too.

Even though Green Oaks Senior Living is a new business and they have had a few growing pains it is still a nice place to live.

Samantha McCue

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Pam. We love to hear that are staff has always been warm and friendly!

Good Place to Live & Great People to Take Care of You

The entire staff is friendly and they genuinely care about my well being. Everyone who helps to take care of me is wonderful.

It can't get any better than better!

Samantha McCue

Hi Bob, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! Thank you so much again for your feedback! We hope you have a great day!

Huge shortcomings, especially in food services and other staffing abilities

If I had been reviewing this place on early, first impression, I would have ranked it 4 or 5 stars as many others did, and chosen this place for my parent to live (which is why my parent is a resident here) - HOWEVER beware that things have not lived up to promises!

While the apartments are lovely and the people living in them are great, Green Oaks does not seem to be living up to their promises. The dining room is alway understaffed. Often staff members are pulled in from other places to fill in from assisted living, front desk, maintenance, and even the chef. Even though food is supposed to be served restaurant style, for at least the last two weeks there has only been a buffet - which is particularly challenging for residents with mobility issues. My parent says they have the same offerings for lunch and dinner with the scheduled dinner time to rotate residents through. Even with this, I hear sometimes there are no plates or silverware and very little staff to even man the buffet. Previous to the buffets, I have dined with my mother on at least five occasions. Generally the service is slow and erratic, and the plates are rarely cleared or spots at tables turned over to allow for community seating. Clearly the work environment is not a good one, be it lack of training, poor pay, no benefits, possibly difficult chef, terrible shift schedules, or lack of leadership. Probably all of the above. There must be a reason why they are unable to fine and maintain a quality staff.

The bistro that was advertised as a second option or alternative to the main dining room where residents could get a soup, sandwich, snack, or coffee at anytime, never seems to be stocked with much of anything, maybe a couple bananas or 3 or 4 hard boiled eggs. Even though when my mom toured another Spectrum facility the bistro was staffed and had a chilled case with sandwiches, salads, yogurt, chip, snacks, and a pot of hot soup.

As this facility was recently built and just opened in August of 2017, I have suspended judgment until they were up and fully running with most residents moved in, hoping that the food service would improve, but if anything it has only declined. All of this is especially disconcerting for residents who are paying a lot for a place that offers taking this full meal plan as the only option. I do feel like it's been going on long enough that reparations should be made for services not rendered.

There is crazy high staff turn over.

Samantha McCue

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your honest feedback. We work extremely hard to attract and retain our valued Team Members. We have introduced new programs that are directly related to the growth, development and engagement of our staff, and focused on customer service.We are disappointed that despite all of our efforts we have not met your expectations. We will use this opportunity to learn and to better target our energies in the areas you suggest. If you have any further concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our Executive Director at [removed]. We look forward to hearing from you, and to working harder than ever to provide excellent service to all of our residents and their families.

Satisfied Residence

As residents since the opening two weeks we are very satisfied with Green Oaks as our home. The staff are very helpful and willing to assist with requests we have made. The facilities are open, airy and maintained clean and fresh by the staff. Our apartment meets our needs being roomy and having all the needed kitchen appliances plus a washer and dryer. We have recommended Green Oaks to many of our friends and will continue to do so. After over six months of residency we feel our decision to move to Green Oaks was a excellent one.

Samantha McCue

Leppy And Bob, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

A friendly and fun place to live

I have been in other places and they were old and smelled and thought I would never want to live in a senior home. It's new, it's clean. I've made a lot of friends here. I like the close proximity to the forest preserve. I like the fitness room as well. Food is great. They make accommodations if we request something, like taking us to the DMV.

A Friendly place to live

The people here are very friendly. They go are out their way to welcome you. It is very clean. The food tastes good, they are getting better on their food program. Some of the activities are very thoughtful.

Samantha McCue

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day! If you ever need anything else from us, please feel free to give us a call or stop by. Have an awesome day!

It's a wonderful place to live

I was 5 years in another place and it was no comparison to this. I have no regrets with my move. There is a wonderful staff here. The residents are much more friendlier her than where I came from. The food is good, the chef is wonderful, he comes out and talks with us. Green Oaks has so much more to offer, I'm happy here and feel like it's home.

Samantha McCue

Lois, we are glad we could help! If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

Feels like my home

think that's it's a friendly facility with plenty to do. You can choose to be active or not. If you're on a diet this is not the place because the food is amazing. The first day I moved in I felt like it was my home

I like it here

I like living here. The food is good. It's a very friendly place the residents and staff are all friendly. Transportation is good they take you were you want to go. They have nice entertainment and games.

Samantha McCue

Hi Donald! We're so happy we were able to help you out! Thank you so much again for your feedback! We hope you have a great day!

I don't want to be any place else!!

My husband and I have lived at Green Oaks in Libertyville, IL for several months and we could not be happier with the staff, the facility itself and our good friends that we have made since we have been here. The food is out of this world. The housekeeping staff is professional, meticulous, kind and considerate. The general staff is attentive and always available. I particularly like our Executive Director.

Great place to live!

We have lived at Green Oaks for over six months and really enjoy all aspects. The living conditions are very pleasant and we have made wonderful new friends here. There are lots of activities both on and off premises including poker and pinochle which I really like. The staff is extremely pleasant, respectful and accommodating. We find the food excellent particularly with my wife being a vegetarian. I highly recommend Green Oaks Senior Living!

PLEASED OVERALL EXCEPT FOR DINING ISSUES

A loved one of mine has been at Green Oaks for a couple of months and overall the place is very nice but there has been some issues with management processing paperwork and returning phone calls in a timely fashion. The dining room issues are the biggest complaint. The quality of the food is fair, especially the meat. The dining room is very understaffed and it's not the server's fault that you have to wait so long. The cook is rude and does not treat the servers well which may explain why they keep quitting. Meals are a BIG deal for seniors and they really look forward to having a good dining experience and for the money they pay that’s not happening. This place is gorgrous and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Not a Good Fit

I toured here in the memory care wing, and overall, I just did not feel it would be appropriate for my loved one. My loved one is more in-between care needs, and I felt that this community was for individuals who were more severely advanced than she. I just felt that it would not be a great fit.

Providing feedback from visits to my loved one at Green Oaks

Last fall my mother in law moved into Green Oaks and had a smooth transition. [Removed] was very helpful during this process. We appreciated the meals, and numerous activities over the past months. There is some feedback that we feel would help improve the dining experience of the residents. The servers have been very nice but the quality of the food is average and the time to be waited on and then being served is excessive. When we visited the facility in Streamwood we were impressed with the quality of the food. Seems there was a drop off in quality at Green Oaks. Also, we had an experience last month in the evening. We returned to Green Oaks and noticed there was no one attending the front desk. The next day we were told that there was an emergency in the assisted living area and the receptionist had to leave her post to take care of the problem. Need to have a better plan for these situations in the future. Front desk needs to be covered at all times.

Good options

We liked this community.
It was new at the time of the tour. We found that this community was beautiful and the staff was nice. They have a lot of activities. for the residents. The community is clean and maintained and the staff made you feel at home. We would recommend a tour for the care of a loved one.

Welcome to Green Oaks Senior Living, a luxurious community in the heart of Lake County, Illinois. Here you or your loved one can enjoy a full lifestyle that balances activity, independence and assistance. It includes upscale amenities, chef-prepared meals, concierge services, transportation and enriching activities—all just an hour north of downtown Chicago.