The Sheridan at Green Oaks - Lake Bluff, IL

The Sheridan at Green Oaks - Lake Bluff, IL has yet not published prices.

Opportunities for Improvement

The Good:
Memory Care Building care givers and nurses appear to execute their daily tasks with care and attention as possible.

Daily activities for residents socialization; residents encouraged to participate.

The Not So Good:
Disappointing leadership communication; tactical knowledge is poor.

Meals delivered to Memory Care residents as Memory Care kitchen at this time is not staffed for daily food preparation and serve.

Request: Our family would welcome understanding the number of nurses on duty at all times. What is the protocol for staff to communicate residents state of health with their doctor? What is the protocol for staff to communicate residents health with family?

SLC Midwest

Mike, thank you for your comments. We strive for continual focus on opportunities and improvements to enhance the lives of the people who live at The Sheridan and your feedback allows us to do this.

Dining is one of the offerings in which we take the most pride. Our chefs prepare our food from scratch, in the main kitchen for every meal. You are correct, the prep kitchen in the area of the community where your mom lives is not used for cooking. It was constructed as a prep kitchen and is used as such. It provides a beverage station, an area to put dirty dishes out of the way to be returned to the main kitchen and a place for us to prepare basic snacks such at cutting fruit for the infused water which is always available for our residents.

Less than a month ago, we opened a new, enhanced assisted living which focuses on brain health, we call it Enrich. As a part of roll out, about half of the people in the original memory care program, Embrace, were moved into Enrich. With the change in both of these neighborhoods, this comes with new processes, practices and a time of transition. During this time, and the duration of your mom’s residency, the person who oversees your mother’s care, the Health and Wellness Director has remained unchanged. I understand you have specific questions with regards to our protocol for communication with doctor and family and our Executive Director, Health and Wellness Director and Memory Care Director will be reaching out to you to explain and answer any further questions you may have.

Thank you for entrusting your mother’s care to us. We enjoy having her as part of our family.

Great Place

I helped move my parents into the Independent Living side last fall.

My parents are very happy and rave how friendly everyone is there. The place is new, beautifully decorated, and feels like a hotel then a retirement community.

The only downside is that the restaurant service is extremely slow so the wait to get served has been their only ongoing complaint.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at The Sheridan at Green Oaks! We appreciate your feedback and we're sorry to hear that the dining experience has been less than 5 stars. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director with your concerns and we will see that they are addressed. Thank you!

Respite Stay

We used the respite service in this community and it seemed to be a positive experience for us. Mom liked the time she was there. Mom met a few people there and did some of the activities. She said she enjoyed the food. We found the staff to be friendly and very pleasant. We would recommend them to anyone.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your feedback. We would love to hear any additional thoughts you have on how we can create a five star experience. Please feel free to contact us directly at our community phone number!

First impression was fabulous....then

At first I was interested, very impressed. Once I spent time I saw start Qwen the woman can not related to the storage key.
She fabricated a story of notes passed to the residents, which never happened. She should have just said she didn't have large gloves for the nurse. Memory care ran out of all sizes of the gloves. The Nurse direct or did not have psych consults to fill out so the residents just [Removed] one to one. I reported it to the police first hand. Thanks again for the help and support. I would not put my mother in memory care, it is too big and too far from the nurse. Hope this helps.

A good place for care

We toured this community for care. We liked the staff and the list of the menu of healthy meals. The activities would have been good and we felt like this had a nice atmosphere for the cost of the care. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your recommendation of our community. We appreciate your feedback and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

You decide

The concierge is in attentive with Apple iPhone buds, then the memory care doesn't use gloves , the activities are great. I believe the upper management stays in the office and is not active with the people. Front desk security at night is nice. The value is too high and you have to pay 3000.00 for carpet when you move out. Not a great value at all. The food can be good or bad depends on the meal. This is what I have observed. Some moved out already after not staying very long, a declined couple. I noticed some are on the wrong unit. Thanks

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your experience at The Sheridan at Green Oaks did not live up to the expectations we strive for. It’s important to us that we understand and address your concerns, so we invite you to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number, [removed]. Thank you again for your input, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Newly opening in early 2017, The Sheridan at Green Oaks provides inspired living for seniors in Green Oaks and its surrounding communities, such as Libertyville, Lake Bluff and North Chicago. With apartments, programs and customized care plans for Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care, residents of The Sheridan at Green Oaks live without worrying about their next move. Our community is conveniently located at the corner of Atkinson Ave. and Waukegan Road and easily accessible for families from Buckley Road, Skokie Highway, 176, and I-94. We would love for you to visit us with your loved ones and see our new approach to senior living for yourself!