Theresa's Home Care, LLC - Gurnee, IL

Sad Cold Place

There is no other way to describe how very sad and disturbing it is to see people sitting quietly in the circle with a loud TV on and nothing else going on. The on-site caregiver does not speak good English I have no idea how these people are supposed to communicate with a caregiver when they are suffering from dementia Etc and have trouble communicating in the first place. I just can't imagine their dignity and comfort could remain intact. If you want a good care, tour this place.

This was assisted living only and the residents were just sitting around in a circle with a t.v. on although very few were actually watching it. The personnel were nice and the place was very clean, but there would be no stimulation for my mother there.

Mothers Care

My mother loves Theresa's Home Care, She has a high respect for the care she receives from the staff, and I agree with her.

More than Dissatisfied

We truly hoped this would be the place for Gram: 3 live in caregivers; nurse on duty monday thru friday during the day and interaction with other residence. But it turned out we were lucky to see 2 caregivers at one time. One didn't speak or understand English at all and the other understood very little English. The owner Theresa is the only one that seemed to understand. After spending a hour going thru my Grams medication requirements with the nurse, who speaks clear english, come to find out 3 days later I asked for my Grams weekly meds container and they were wrong. One of the days had 9 pills that belonged to someone else. She hadn't received the correct pills or dosages since we checked her in. Also, the nurse isn't there all day, only a few hours every day. The house and the residence are kept clean, but none of the residence seemed to even talk. They just put them in recliners in front of the tv. If that's all your loved one needs, this is the place for you.

Wonderful

My brother-in-law went into Theresa's on Sunday June 26th,2016. The first day was hard on him. He came from California and we had him here so he could be with family. He was so confused on Monday when he woke but the home care was wonderful in how they handled him. It has only been 3 days and the difference in him is great already. He says the people are so nice and he loves the food. His room is huge compared to the place he was in in California. The home is beautiful and wonderful gardens to sit in. What I like so much and is important is that we can come at ANY time to visit with no notice. They prefer not at meal time cause people will talk rather then eat. Understandable. We can pop in at any time. We are so very grateful for the care and his comfort level in such a short time. Thank you Theresa and staff.

Staff are very helpful and friendly

The small setting is just perfect for her.

It's everything that was promised. The small setting is just perfect for her. They are very friendly, and very attentive. The only thing mom has had a little bit of difficulty with is how much they prefer to keep a closer eye on her than anywhere else she has been, I actually like that better. Generally she likes the food very much. I really don't have any complaints. We are both very happy with it.

Clean, residents clean, deffered main...

Clean, residents clean, deffered maintance (loose railings, exterior siding rotting, older home).

Sounds too good to be true.

Sounds too good to be true.

I really liked it

I really liked it

Theresa’s Home Care LLC is a unique Assisted Living home nestled in a beautiful wooded corner lot off of Hunt Club Road in Gurnee, IL. Due to many different circumstances you or your loved one may need to choose a home that offers assistance with daily living. Here at Theresa’s Home Care LLC we pride ourselves in offering a friendly “home like” atmosphere. You will find that we offer a “non-institutional” environment. We offer a “home” with a very spacious yet warm and cozy atmosphere.

When you travel down the circle drive and walk to the grand entryway you may feel like you are approaching a majestic ski lodge. Our staff will greet you in a warm and friendly way and we guarantee that you will feel at "home".

Theresa’s Home Care LLC offers “Full Room and Board” that includes the following amenities: