Sunrise of Gurnee - Gurnee, IL

Excellent! All my questions were answered & lots of information provided. The tour was good & everything appeared to be clean! The staff was quite friendly!

A beautiful Victorian home lifestyle. A variety of rooms and activities. Lots of little hidden places for peaceful mediation. Residents can be as social or private as they wish. Staff was excellent. A very homey atmosphere with elegant surroundings

Good Tour of This Facility

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. Everyone was nice, and my tour went well. The staff I came across was friendly, and my questions were answered. The community looked nice. It was a good experience overall, but I did find another community that suited our needs better.

The memory care side was too small...

When I toured Sunrise, I thought their assisted living area was very nice. The person giving me the presentation sounded like they were very competent and good, but the memory care portion was very small and did not seem like mom would fit in very well. It was too limited.

Everything is going great!!

I wold defiantly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a great place to live for there loved one. They have a very well maintained facility with lots of great amenities to all of the residents. I am impressed with the chef and the meals he prepares throughout the week. They are well balanced and nutritious. Overall its been a great experience.

Above and Beyond!!

My loved ones are really enjoying the meals they are receiving. The Sunrise of Gurnee is a wonderful community with activities and meal plans available. I feel they are safe and the staff have all been all very friendly. I would recommend this community to loved ones and other families searching for a good place.

A Lovely Community

This is a lovely community, we were all set to move my mother here. My mother ended up wanting to stay home, but this was gonna be a lovely community for her to move. From what I saw they do a very good job with the cleanliness of the community. The staff was kind and friendly. They were gonna provide her with good care, but she preferred to stay home. A place for mom was great with all the help they provided us with.

Nice Community Just Not The Place For My Aunt

My tour of this community was okay, but I didn't really like this community. It has a hospital setting and I didn't want that for my aunt. The community is multiple stories and my aunt was not comfortable with traveling on an elevator. I wasn't very impressed with the administration. They have a very young staff here and I didn't feel they were very experienced. I'm pretty sure it is a nice community. Just not the community for my aunt.

Perfect

I have no complaints about Sunrise. They have been wonderful and accommodating my mother and all her needs. Everything has been going perfect,the staff is very friendly and nice no complaints there. The community is really nice and clean I haven't had any concern regarding that. It's a very nice place to go when you get to that point when need assistance. My mother has adjusted well and have not complained about anything there. They have everything there to help and make senior's comfortable there.

We are very pleased with Sunrise in Gurnee. So far it has been a very good experience for our father.

well taken care of

Sunrise of Gurnee is going well. My father in law is there every single day. He said she is always dressed immaculately and well taken care of. I have not heard anything negative. My husband and I were there visiting for four days and the care was very good. Unfortunately the damage was done before she got here. She was over medicated. That was the source of the damage. She has gotten stronger since she has been here though. Sarah, the director is great. She is very hands on. They are doing a good job here.

Clean and inviting

This is a very clean and inviting facility when you walk in. The staff is very loving and friendly. We particularly like the cafeteria. The food is surprisingly good and you can order what you like from a menu.

Disappointing care and conditions

Very expensive. Mouse dropping found in my mother's room. Staff, while very nice did not follow her care plan or family wishes (my mother is diabetic and the care manager went out and bought her ice cream cones and candy frequently despite being asked and told not to). There seems to be hidden charges that drive the cost up. Before my mother left she had been complaining that she didn't feel well. [removed] She had never had one before going to sunrise. They frequently left mom in her wet things. Very disappointing!!!! I would have thought for the amount they were charging and the level of care they said they were providing, that mom would have had better care. I'm thankful she is no longer there and is in a place where she is getting fabulous, incredible care.

We were only here for a short time. This wasn't really going to work for us, my loved one just needed more care. They were nice people here, but it just wasn't what we needed. It has taken a while to get the final bill finished.

I am so thankful to have him at this facility.

Sunrise of Gurnee is a comfortable, warm place. It's like family there. It really feels like home. My brother has COPD and the staff have all been so good to him. We have really seen him turn around. I would even give the food a five. It is such a wonderful place. They are just excellent here, a wonderful place to be. Even the other residents are friendly and always have smiling faces. One of my brothers' neighbors came and introduced himself while we were visiting and I thought that was just so nice. I am so thankful to have him at this facility. I just cannot say enough good about it.

It's very clean, the staff are very friendly.

It's very clean, the staff are very friendly. The activities are great. The food is pretty good, I would give it four. I chose them over some others because, I liked how clean it was, and how thorough they were with the review. The dining room at that facility, it really makes you feel like you are at a restaurant, you order off a menu.

My Mom is Thriving!

We have been thrilled with the care my Mom has been receiving at Sunrise in Gurnee. At some other places she was at, she would not leave her room. Now, she is up and dressed each day, and participating at a high level. That speaks volumes for each and every person who works there. Thank you!!!!

They did a pretty good job.

We were here for a while. It was nice, the staff was friendly. Mom felt like the other residents were sicker than she is, and it made socializing a little difficult. Other than that they did a pretty good job.

Very comfortable, exceptionally clean, and very welcoming.

They are very clean, and the staff is great. They have a lot of different activities, and she enjoys them a lot. The food is something they do very well. Overall they are very comfortable, exceptionally clean, and very welcoming. It stood apart from the other places we looked at, as soon as we walked in. The staff seemed more professional than some of the other place, the person who toured us, really impressed us, they seem really caring, the girl that worked in the office even knew all the residents.

Selected this facility

Selected this facility

This is a very nice place! I rated th...

This is a very nice place! I rated them very highly because, from what I've seen for myself and heard from my loved one, it's all been very good. We really liked them because they have a dog that lives there! Also, there's a great atmosphere and it's just the right size. Overall, we are very pleased.

Visited this location in January. Ni...

Visited this location in January. Nice.

clean, residents clean, wonderful int...

clean, residents clean, wonderful interior/exterior, friendly, no smells at dinner time, 3 meals per day, larger studio adequate, extra fee for meds dispensing, about 4 outings per week, takes the time to know the residents