The Rose of Des Moines - Des Moines, IA

A choice for care.

We toured this community for the care for my mother in law. We found the staff to be helpful with the questions we had. The activities would have been helpful for her to participate. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

It Is A Cozy Fit

It is not a large place and the care is better from our experience. My mom is doing fine and enjoying the community. All is going good from what I notice and she has been provided a companion once a week. They are getting along very well and they enjoy the same activities. They like to walk and get out an go, they plan little activities. Participation is getting encouraged here. I would recommend them.

The rose of East Des Moines

I was given the name of the rose of Des Moines and contacted them for vacancies to place my father in assisted-living there are actually two Rose of Des Moines and the Rose of Des Moines east. They had vacancies in the Rose of Des Moines east. Everything seem to move very smooth and the administrator worked very fast on getting my father placed I appreciate all the work they put into it and we were able to move my dad in in the middle of the month it is very nice facility and he is very happy there

Dumpyplace

No privacy. Background checks a joke. Not safe for women!

This place looks like the pictures on the outside, but not on the inside. The entry area on 13th Street is extremely tiny & has an awful odor to it. The furniture & other furnishings look like they were picked up by Salvation Army Victorian age period reject drop-offs. Outside of the Dining Area, the rest of my tour reminded me off being herded down cattle chutes to very basic inexpensive motel rooms or apartments. The apartments are not worth what they are asking, nor this place. Too bad this is our only choice! This place is not what is portrayed online & in brochures. Get ALL PAPERWORK & CONTACTS IN WRITING, ON THE SPOT & RECORDED. Do not let them leave your person/premise without copies being made, by them, by you, or by someone, & if possible have them witnessed & photographed. If any money changes hands, get that copied & photographed, as well, & witnessed & taped. I can not insist this too much. And if something should happen to you, contact a lawyer right a way, & if you have ANY PROBLEM WITH THESE PEOPLE & ANY ANY ANY THING WITH MOVING IN, SICK YOUR LAWYER ON THEM RIGHT AWAY. For it is my opinion, & feeling, after working with them, that they are shady, crooked, untrustworthy, devious, & worse people; not to be trusted. They went so far as to fire or let go, all the people I worked with, so I could not work with them & started their crooked, cunning, & sinister practices, against me, while I was hospitalized in serious condition in the hospital.But, as I say, these are my dealings with them & feelings & opinions, thereafter. I am still very ill & they are still messing with & constantly hounding me, despite my destitution & condition. Don't deal with them, but if you must, be very very leary & aware & God Bless!

So far it's pretty nice.

We are new here it's only been a little over a week, but so far we are pleased. They take medicare and medicaid and elderly wavier. They have several nurses in house, as well as one that will come in the evening and weekends. It's quite nice actually. They have great meals and I like what they serve they have a nice dining area. They have an elevator, they have a library and a computer room and a community room, there is room to set outside, and an exercise room. They also have laundry facilities on each floor, so that no one has to lug laundry very far. The rooms are nice and big, there a lots of windows. Lots of safety features, grab bars in the bathrooms and such. They do have a long waiting list. They do a background check on the residents, and they have freedom nurses and they evaluate to make sure it's an appropriate match for their needs.

Went to this community vill...

Went to this community villiage and also they did not know that we were coming and that the rep that was suppose to give us a tour does not even work on Saturdays. There was a little cook that was very nice and tried to find out for us if this rep was going to be there. was told not. Not impressed.

About The Rose of Des Moines
The Rose of Des Moines offers one-bedroom and two-bedroom affordable assisted living in spacious private apartments with 24-hour monitoring and assisted living services available on-site and social programming in beautifully appointed community areas, including central dining with private chef. The 52-unit program was designed under the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit program to care for low-income seniors in an environment that protects privacy, dignity, and independence.