Bickford of Urbandale - Urbandale, IA

More of a old nursing home feel

The staff was great at this location very attentive and caring. The place looked good very clean but the rooms gave the feeling of an old nursing home feel. Very sterile nothing that made you feel welcome. and comfortable.

Mom is Doing Just Fine in This Community

My mother is doing here in this community. She is receiving great care, and I'am comfortable with her move here. She is still adjusting a bit, but overall all is well. I know she is safe, and in good hands. The staff is great, they are always kind when I visit, and have been helpful when needed. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. They provide nice meals, and have great activities offered. She loves to play, and enjoys sitting out on the front patio. This is a lovely community, and I would recommend it.

A good tour

This community looked clean and well maintained when we visited. The person that took us on tour was nice. This community did not offer the care my loved one required at the time we were looking.

Our second choice!!

We seriously considered Bickford when we toured it. It is a nice place and the tour guide was friendly. What held us back was that they offered the same level of care as Edencrest, but at a higher price. Also, we knew my mother in law would need more care than they could give.

A great experience

My husband was only at the community a few days. The staff at Bickford were supportive, helpful and took care of everything. They encouraged him to participate in some of the daily activities. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

I also toured...

I took a few tours with one being Bickford of Urbandale. This place was nice, it was clean and everyone from the most part was friendly. Some of the places, though, would not call me back after they evaluated my mother which was very discouraging.

Good impression

I toured this community when we were looking for my mother-in-law. It was a nice community and I would recommend it.

A Work in Progress, but Overall A Good Community

My father is still adjusting to this community, but overall it is a nice facility. They have a good staff here. I know he is in good hands, and receiving good care. There activities available for the residents when they are ready to participate. He is adjusting to meals they serve. It has been a good experience, and I would recommend this community.

My next choice!

The Bickford of Urbandale was in my top 2 choices. It was a very nice place with friendly people and comparable to the other places I was looking at. Ther staff were all very friendly and welcoming.

Outstand Care

I was very happy with the great care that was received here. The staff was wonderful and very nice. They activities have been offer. The community is clean and they have a nice menu to choose from. I would highly recommend this community to other families for outstanding care and value.

Friendly people, and good activities!

Overall our experience with Bickford of Urbandale has been a good one! It's a nice looking, clean place and the people all seem very friendly. They have a great activities program, and really keep the residents busy! The only real issue I've noticed is some occasional clothing mix-ups with the laundry service.

So far they are doing a very good job.

So far they are doing a very good job. It's kept pretty clean. They call me about any incident. The food is really the only thing that is an issue. We went and ate dinner with her, and it was a corn dog and canned beets and tater tots. They only have private rooms, and it's a nice room. The people are wonderful, super friendly and nice, and they go out of their way to do so. They do arts and crafts, and even have musicians come in. I like the concept that they have with all the different levels of care.

It is sort of like an old fashioned small community.

This community was friendly, but when I first walked up, somehow I walked to the wrong door and noticed that things were hanging from the ceiling outside. It was not well kept up. It is sort of like an old fashioned small community. It is a little bit older than other communities. It was not bad, but not what we were looking for.

It's really, really, super here.

It's really, really, super here. They have a lot of entertainment to keep them busy. Everyone has been really, really, nice. It's a nice unit, I like the little apartment. The food is really good. I liked the building and the staff. I liked that there was a lot of activity here, some of the places I looked at, there wasn't really anyone around.

mom feels safe and happy

It is a great facility and a wonderful place to have my mom. Right now their director just left on maternity leave, as has one of their nurses, so there is an issue with the consistency not being there right now, and that is making it more difficult than it would otherwise be for mom to get adjusted. They do have great food, the staff is super friendly, and mom feels safe and happy there.

They are working well.

They are working well. I don't have any complaints so far. We haven't had a whole lot of experience with it, but so far it's going well.

Things are going very well

Overall, everything is just great! My loved one seems to be adjusting very well. We didn't look around very much, but we didn't have to! Everything is kept very clean, and the staff is all very nice and helpful. I've felt that I've needed to initiate the communication between myself and the staff, but overall, things are going very well. I just feel that all of the stress has been lifted, and I feel so much better knowing my loved one is there and taken care of!

The facility was fine just.

The facility was fine just.

too many people to care givers.

too many people to care givers.

We began our quest into senior living because of our love for our beloved mother, Mary Bickford, whose needs became too great for us to manage. As we researched senior living options, we were shocked at our findings. The options offered too much or too little – none met her needs and nothing felt like home. Since we couldn’t find what we wanted, we decided to create what we needed. Our main desire was to create a place that helped her achieve an equivalent peace and happiness that she had earlier in her life.

We understand that selecting a senior living community for your loved one is one of the toughest decisions that you will ever face. We will work with you to ensure that the transition is as easy and comfortable as possible. Whether your loved one is at home, in the hospital or even in another state, we can work with your hospital, insurance company, and doctor to make your difficult decision easier on you and your family. Aging can be difficult – but we’ve also seen the beauty in aging. Our mother’s happiness inspired us. We created Bickford for her and now we’re devoted to serving yours. We look forward to meeting you soon.

Services