Edencrest at Green Meadows - Johnston, IA

Edencrest at Green Meadows - Johnston, IA has yet not published prices.

Large rooms and nice green space

I toured this facility because their other location wasn’t open yet. I really like this community and the rooms and green space are a lot larger than their other location. While on our tour, the marketing director was very nice and seemed to be knowledgeable. The only downfall to this facility is if I was to move my mom in, it would have been really difficult to move all of her furniture down the hall and into an elevator. I would recommend this community to other families.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so very much for sharing such wonderful feedback with us! We appreciate your comments and agree that our outdoor areas are second to none. If you were to choose Edencrest at Green Meadows, we would be happy to hire a reputable moving company handle the transition for you and eliminate the stress of moving! Please reach out to us to discuss this option further if you are interested!

Lack of Communication

While my loved one has been at Edencreat, there have been several issues. The food is good, and the place is generally clean. However, the staff and management do not keep me updated on my loved one's care. They will tell me "he is resting comfortably," when things really aren't going so well. There is a real lack of communication, and they go behind my back to give items to my loved one that they shouldn't have. My loved one needs exercise, therapy, and stimulation to keep him engaged. They are not doing any type of exercises or therapy. My loved one lays in bed all day and watches tv. They also don't clean his room once a month like they're supposed to, and I'm the one who does the laundry. I wish I could say our experience was better, but that has not been the case.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you very much for bringing your concerns to us. We pride ourselves on the program we run and the communication we provide, so your feedback is certainly information we take very seriously. Through a brief investigation, we are unable to determine the individual or circumstances you are referring to. In order to help us improve and to clarify the details provided, we would appreciate it if you would call Nick Lensch, Edencrest at Green Meadows Manager, at [removed]. If you would rather reach out to our parent company, Senior Housing Management, please feel free to do so at [removed]. We appreciate your willingness to help us provide the very best care and communication. Thank you.

Location Is Perfect

We toured a few different communities and they were all very nice and offered what we were looking for but this one had the location going for it the location is much closer to us than any of the others. The staff is very friendly and caring. Dad seems to be happy here he is slowly starting to socialize more and hopefully it will increase as time goes by. He hasn't complained about the food so I am assuming he is liking it. We are very pleased with this community and the care he is getting.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for providing this valuable feedback! We can't thank you enough for trusting us to care for and treat your father like a member of our own family. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do!

A great looking place

This community was our second choice. The staff we met were friendly and answered our questions. The community seemed clean and they seem to offer some nice amenities and activities. This community did not have the skilled nursing care that my loved one required so we chose a community that offered this.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for touring and leaving this wonderful review. We appreciate knowing that we were your second choice, only due to the fact that we do not offer skilled nursing care. We wish you the best of luck in finding an option that best meets your loved one's health care needs.

Tour for care

We toured this community and liked the staff that was caring and were able to answer the questions that we had on the care that is available. They do offer activities that are available. We would suggest that other families tour this community for the care and value of a loved one's needs.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for touring Edencrest at Green Meadows and for leaving this positive review. We appreciate your recommendation and hope you'll return again. If you're still looking, we're happy to answer any questions and discuss your family's situation further.

I took a tour!

I took a few tours with one being of Edencrest at Green Meadows. This place was nice, it was clean and everyone from the most part was friendly. Some of the places, though, would not call me back after they evaluated my mother which was very discouraging.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for sharing your review of Edencrest at Green Meadows. We appreciate the positive feedback regarding your visit and general assessment of our community, compared to others. We truly pride ourselves on treating our residents with the same compassion and respect we would our own family members.

They Really Care About Their Residents at This Community

My father at this moment is in rehab, but once he gets better he will be returning back to this community. This is a good, safe community, and I'am comfortable with him returning. They are taking good care of him, and his needs. They have a really good staff at this community. They are helpful, and kind. They do a good job keeping the facility, and his room well-kept. They really care about their residents at this facility. This is a community I would recommend, it is a nice place.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Edencrest at Green Meadows. We are so happy to hear that you have been pleased with the care and lifestyle your father enjoys at our community. Please let us know if there is anything extra we can do upon his return.

Good tour of community

I thought Edencrest was a very nice facility. The rooms were very nice and it was a positive experience. We did not choose Edencrest because it was a little more expensive than other options in the area.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for taking the time to review your tour of Edencrest at Green Meadows in Johnston. Please let us know if your needs change and if we can assist your family in the future.

Might be good for your loved one

I toured this community. The staff were nice, but the community seems a little disorganized. They did not have the layout that we were looking for due to the needs we had. We did not lock down community. Families should tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for taking time to tour our community and review us. We value your feedback and hope to use your comments to improve our level of professionalism and hospitality. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for your family in the future. We would love the opportunity to welcome you to our community again.

Mother-in-law is having a hard time acclimating

My mother-in-law is a resident here and she is having a difficult time adjusting. I have noticed they could use more staff in the afternoons and evenings. The staff is pretty helpful and friendly. She isn't involved in activities but they encourage her. The meals are okay.

Kayle Neegaard

We appreciate your feedback very much. Our staffing is based on the amount of care needed for our resident population at any given time of day. It is valuable to us to hear your concerns and we are willing to work with you to make adjustments that provide you peace of mind. Please reach out to discuss what options may be available for your mother-in-law.

We love it!

This community is really a caring community. My in laws had a incident and they were right there. They even checked up on my mother in law to make sure that she was doing okay with everything. We really are appreciative of this place and all that they do.

Kayle Neegaard

We appreciate this feedback and are so happy that we are able to provide your family peace of mind. We are so happy to hear that your family is pleased with the care we provide!

Care for a loved one

I am happy with the care of the staff at this community. We like that they are always helpful and friendly. We are glad to know that he is happy with the meals and the nice variety. There are activities for him to stay active. The community is clean and we would recommend other families to this community for good care for a loved one.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for taking time to review Edencrest at Green Meadows. Your feedback is very valuable to us. We are so happy to hear that your loved one is thriving at our community. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make our community even more comfortable for him!

Excellent place!

The Edencrest at Green Meadows was a very nice place to tour. It was clean and everyone was very friendly. The thing that we did not like was the price. It was out of our league. It was a bigger place.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for taking time to review Edencrest at Green Meadows. We appreciate your feedback. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist your family in the future.

Great exercise program !!

I have been overly pleased with the great progress my mother has been making at this community. She loves the fact that she can go down to the dinning room and get her meals anytime of the day. They also offer a fantastic activity program at this facility including an exercise class three days a week that my mom also really enjoys to participate in. Overall she has made her self right at home and is very comfortable in her new living environment.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for taking a moment of your time to share your mother's experience living at Green Meadows. We love to hear that she is enjoying Live 2 B Healthy! Please let us kno if there is anything we can do to make her daily life even better!

What I saw during my tour!!

This community felt more like a hotel setting than the homey setting we were looking for. The people were nice and the community looked clean.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your experience at Green Meadows. It is our goal to always provide a warm, welcoming environment for all who enter. We would like to invite you back for a meal or activity to experience what a normal day is like on our campus. Please let us know if you would be interested.

Great Care Staff, But Administration Needs Improvement

My mother was recently switched from the memory care side to the assisted living portion of the community. She seems to have adjusted well to the assisted living side. The community look great, they do a good job with the cleaning. She is trying some of the activities they offer. The care staff is good, they are caring for her very well. The administration needs some improvements. The meals are fair. Overall she is in good hands and I would recommend it.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Edencrest at Green Meadows in Johnston. We are happy to hear that your mother is making the transition from Memory Care to Assisted Living well. We would love the opportunity to talk to you more about making improvements to the meals and communication. Please feel free to reach out to us at our location or at our management office: Senior Housing Management, 208 35th St Dr SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52403. [removed].

I cannot say enough about the staff at Edencrest at Green Meadows!!

The staff have bent over backwards to make sure we were happy. They answer all our questions. One of the nurses Dot is phenomenal. They are so caring and kind and make us feel like part of their family. The food is good and they offer lots of choices. They accommodate my mom's dietary needs. I would recommend this community with no hesitation.

Kayle Neegaard

We appreciate you taking time out of your day to give us such wonderful feedback about Edencrest at Green Meadows! We are so happy your mother is enjoying her new home and hope you will continue to reach out to us with your comments!

Perfect Community For My Father

This is a beautiful community and everything is working out very well for my father. This is the perfect place for him, we are very pleased with everything they have done for us. Everybody is very nice and friendly. They offer great care, so we know he is in good hands. The food is wonderful and he is trying some activities. He enjoys the bible study class and the exercise class. I know he is safe and they are taking good care of him. I would absolutely recommend it.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for your kind words and fantastic feedback. It brings us so much joy to hear that your father is settling in so nicely. Please let us know if we can make his experience even better!

Mom's content

Mom is a new resident at Edencrest and the community is still very new and working out all the bugs. I really feel like we've made a great decision for Mom and I feel that she is in great hands, although they can use a bit more staff at night. Not sure how quick the response level would be if something were to happen in the night hours with the lack of staff during those hours. There are plenty of activities to keep the residents busy and although Mom probably doesn't remember what she ate from one day to the other I think she likes the food. One of my sibling ate there and I heard no complaints. Edencrest is a very great place for Seniors and I'm sure that with time it will only get better.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Edencrest at Green Meadows. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to improve our overall processes. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help make your mother's new home as comfortable and accommodating as possible.

Mom loves it

Mom was reluctant to move, but she loves it. It's new, and the residents that have moved in have become a really close-knit group. She loves the food, she loves everything! Pat and Dot have been really good. Everyone from the manager to the janitor have been just fantastic. The only complaint is that the coat closet, when you first walk into the room, doesn't have a door.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Edencrest at Green Meadows. We are so thrilled to hear that your mother enjoys her friends and lifestyle at our community. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist further!