Bishop Drumm Retirement Center - Johnston, IA

Bishop Drumm Retirement Center - Johnston, IA has yet not published prices.

Everything looks dreary and small

My husband and I toured here when we first started looking for an independent living place. First of all, we had an appointment and they forgot about it. The lady that took us through the assisted living part was very nice but she couldn’t take us through the independent living part. We didn’t get to see everything but what we did see just didn’t appeal to us. It’s an older facility and we really just didn’t feel it. As she was taking us through, there weren’t really that many residents around. The cleanliness of the facility seemed to be okay. The building is very small and so are the rooms; everything seemed to be very dreary. We decided not to move in.

I thought the Independent Living quarters were spacious. Downside for Mom was having to move to another building and very small, narrow room when need Assisted Living.

The Pick Of The Communities

My dad is doing really good after picking this community from the list we got from A Place For Mom. He is enjoying the meals they make. He has tried some activities and he knows some people who live here. The staff has been great. I cant tell he is happy and when he calls he tells me good things.

Good option

The tour we had here when looking for my mother-in-law was good. The staff was friendly and answered all our questions. I would recommend them.

A lot of options!

The Bishop Drumm Retirement Center was a very nice place. They had a lot of activities and things available but something about the place didn't seem right for my father. It was nothing negative on the place, it just would not have been a good fit for him.

Great environment.

Martina Place was the perfect solution to our search for mother's assisted living. The staff could not be any more friendly, caring and compassionate. We love the way it is sectioned into neighborhoods of ten apartments with resident assistants assigned to each one.