The Rose of East Des Moines - Des Moines, IA

Less then impressed

Since my mom has been there (4 months)they have fired the Admin and then fired the activity director. The main reason why we moved mom there was because we originally liked how they had different activates daily for the residence. Since letting the Activity director go the activities have been lacking. My mom loves to play bingo and I know its not good when she complains about the bingo activity. I have also been less then impressed about the snakes that they have had coming into the building and the cockroach that was running across the dinner table during dinner. Seems like since the new admin has come in all she has been doing is changing the rules on what can be done and what can not be done. I have mom set up with weekly cleaning and its a hit or miss if they show up. I've been the one going in weekly to do the light housekeeping. This being another reason why we moved mom there was so that I could go back to being a daughter instead of a house keeper and I'm less then impressed with the lack of housekeeping. I've called several times and continue to get the same story that mom is turning them away. I've asked them to call me when it happens because I would place a call to mom ASAP and remind her that they need to be doing the cleaning.

Mom really liked this place. It was warm and inviting and she liked the location because it is close to an area that she is familiar with. The apartments are beautiful and clean and the windows let a lot of light in. She likes how the grounds look with a sidewalk that she can walk around the building for exercise and still be safe. [Name removed] the manager was awesome and very helpful. I feel so good knowing that there are people the 24/7 in case my mom needs help. Like how they have a system of checking on residents to make sure they’re ok. We are filling out an application for her to move there!!

Love and care for family

I am happy for the care that is received from this community. The staff are caring and attentive to the residents. The menu offers alot of healthy meals that she is enjoying. The activities are helpful for her to participate with the other residents. She is happy here and she choose this comunity to call home. We would recommend this community for the care and value for a loved one.

Just as nice as the other Rose of Des Moines on 19th.

We moved into the Rose of Des Moines on 19th, but this is very nice as well. They take medicare and medicaid and elderly wavier. The waiting list is quite long though something like fifty people. They do background checks on all the residents and Freedom Nurses evaluate everyone to make sure they are a good match.

We are very happy with The Rose of East Des Moines.

We are very happy with The Rose of East Des Moines. They are clean and the staff is very friendly. We thought the medicaid thing would be easier to do, that has added a little extra expense. The nurses are fantastic, the care is great. The activities have a really great variety, Wii Bowling, card games all different things like that. There have been no complaints about the food. The paperwork processing had a lot of delay in the beginning, and we had to stay in a hotel for over a month. We liked the location, and the outside was really well kept and cheerful with a lot of garden space, and very appealing. The other places looked very dark, not very encouraging. This is the perfect median for anyone in that in between stage of independent and assisted living.

Still in the process of convincing my...

Still in the process of convincing my dad that the Rose of East DM would be a good fit for him.