The Lodge of Ashworth, Inc. - West Des Moines, IA

Beautiful spacious apartments and elegantly landscaped grounds. The staff and residents are friendly and welcoming!

Optional buy--in - 90% have
about 120K
Buy in reduces monthly rate possivly to $900
Normally closer to $2,000
Can buy in at later date
Covers house cleaning including sheets
Only 2 meals, one is continental breakfast
Has theatre, musicians in, many scheduled activities
1BR has 750 sq ft.
Small but descent kitchen
Not alot of closet space but includes storage in garage
washer/dryer in room
Large patio/balcony
many unique floor plans
scheduled travel service to market, mall, or doctor
Guest room and party room available for fee
easy to transfer to more care if needed.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here. The staff was nice and friendly. They answered all of my questions. It was an older building but it was clean and nice. It was more of an independent living and mom needed assisted living. I would recommend families tour this community.

Food is terrible

My mom lives here. I don't know where all you people are eating at because every meal I have had there is terrible. There is no flavor, I have found multiple long hairs in my food, the pie is frozen store bought. For all the money they ask you to pay for the food, you would think it would be much, much better. My mom also thinks the food is terrible and refuses to eat the food.
Also, there are not any activities to get people up and about. They go to the store at like 8:30 a.m. Who is up at that hour, if you don't have to be.

The staff are fantastic

The staff have been very welcoming and accommodating. They had a welcome basket for mom and the entire staff checked in to make sure she was getting settled. They went above and beyond to be sure she was comfortable. Mom likes the food and there is a good variety of choices. She likes that she can sit with different residents and socialize. The community is very clean and they clean her apartment once a week.. The housekeeper is very nice and helpful. She has started to participate in some of the daily activities. I would recommend this community.

Touring the Community

When I came for a tour I got the feeling I was buying a used care and the staff were more interested in the sales than me. But it was a nice community to see. I got to see empty apartments and meet the people there. The apartments were nice but not as huge like I wanted.

Delicious Meals!!

During our visit my loved one and I enjoyed a delicious meal that they offered us during our tour. I was very much impressed with the food and thought the chef did a great job. The staff was on time when they greeted us and made sure to give us a detailed tour of there facility as well as answer any questions my mother and I had for them . I have no complaints about our visit, the location was just a little too far.

Let's go swimming!

This community is very lovely. However if you are not fully independent this would not be the place for you. I love the community setting they offer a indoor pool. I feel that, that would be good for rehab. There staff is really good and caring.

Just to narrow!

The community is very nice and kept clean. The only reason why this community did not work out for my loved one is because there hallways are narrow and not enough space for a wheelchair. This community is a little bit older and darker. The staff though was very helpful and very pleasant.

Nice community!

The Lodge of Ashworth, Inc. offered a pleasant tour. The staff that offered the tour were knowledgeable and addressed all of our concerns. The staff did a good job reviewing the amenities that the community had to offer. The community is well kept throughout and maintained nicely.

We are very happy with the lodge.

We are very happy with the lodge. We are settled in and doing well. It's a very nice place.

Not Much to Improve On

I'm younger than a lot of the people here. I really don't think they could improve on much. They've got exercising and a woodworking shop. They've got people that come in and sing. They play bingo and bridge - they're really into bridge. The food is great and they have a pool.

I did not tour this. But Mom & Dad di...

I did not tour this. But Mom & Dad did. They have freinds here. Independent living only.

The Lodge of Ashworth was the first resort retirement community to emerge in Iowa. The Lodge offers one, two and three bedroom suites with unique and interesting floor plans.

The Lodge is close to shopping, churches, and community amenities and services. The resort setting and appeal of The Lodge can be attributed to the wooded grounds, perfectly landscaped with seasonal flowers, shrubs and towering pines among huge boulders, bridges and walking paths. This peaceful and woodsy preservation of the environment can be enjoyed from your private balcony, the indoor pool and spa or the dining room atrium level.
Some of the features that make this premier facility exceptional are 24 hour security, weekly housekeeping, free cable TV, daily meals, heated garages, a lounge, beauty and barber shops, billiards, free golf, and of course the people who live here.
At The Lodge of Ashworth, you will enjoy resort living every day.