The Retreat at Sunny Vista - Colorado Springs, CO

The Retreat at Sunny Vista - Colorado Springs, CO has yet not published prices.

My mother was here for about 4 months. Care depends on the caregiver who finally answers the call button. Some caregivers have education, experience and care, offering excellent service. Most caregivers have little to no training or experience. One caregiver asked what DNR meant on my mom's bracelet. Wearing gloves for the caregivers seemed optional when assisting with personal hygiene. Medicine, personal hygiene items ordered and delivered through hospice were often missing. My mother waited for over an hour and no one answered her call button. She fell out of her chair trying to get to her wheel chair. No one from Sunny Vista called any of the family to let us know and when we brought it to their attention, the administration went mute. No apology and then it happened a second time! Meal service was a long drawn out ordeal. Ordering could take 10 - 20 minutes, then usually 20-30 minutes to receive the meal. In the months my mother was there, it seemed the dining staff was in great flux. Actually caregiver turnover was very high, always new staff. Seems top heavy in administrative staff who wander around the lobby and dining room but have little to do with residents.