Palisades At Broadmoor Park - Colorado Springs, CO

I so appreciated meeting the staff and touring Palisades at Broadmoor Park. The facility is well-maintained and in a quiet area of the city. Everyone I met was kind, helpful, and friendly. The respite care options definitely meet my loved one's needs.

Family Orientated Staff Team

I was looking at a couple of locations for dad to move to, but in the end I chose this community. They are so kind and very helpful, it’s fantastic. The care team is really family orientated which was a big plus for my dad and I. My dad is there as independent living so he doesn’t have nurses checking in on him every so often, but they are there if he ever needs anything or there is an issue to be taken care of. The other people living there as well are kind and very inclusive. There are activities that they offer like card games and they also have transportation services to bring residents off property to different outings. I am not sure if it costs any more, but I know that it is a service that they offer. Housekeeping keeps the facility nice and clean. They help with laundry at least once a week. Overall I would recommend this community. They have beautiful outdoor scenery as well with little chairs and tables that would overlook the mountains of Colorado.

Like living in luxury

I toured Palisades when I was looking for different care options for my wife and it looked like the residents were living in luxury. The facility is just really, really nice. The staff seemed really helpful, very informative, and just fantastic. The people that gave me the tour really knew what was going on in the facility. The cleanliness of it was fantastic as well. Definitely a top notch place!

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We're so happy to hear you found everything to be top-notch. As part of our company purpose, we strive to exceed the quality, service and care expectations of those we serve. Your comments tell us we're moving in the right direction at The Palisades. Thank you.

Excellet Level of Care

When I was looking for living options for my mother, I was very concerned about personal level of care. I wanted to be sure that the staff would be attentive and make my mother feel comfortable. I chose Palisades at Broadmoor Park because you could tell that the staff knew all the residents there. They approached each one, and talked to them as though they really knew them as an individual. In the Memory Care unit, [Removed] was particularly warm, caring, and personable, and she really made us feel comfortable. They have plenty of activities. The food is great, and not at all like usual hospital food. The facility itself is really an impressive, beautiful place, and I would absolutely recommend it.

Mom Love's It

My mom is here at this community and loves it. She is in the memory care part and the caregivers are nice and responsive. The food is great 3x daily and snacks too. She'll go down and watch T.V. with everyone. And the grounds are nice and neat. And the community is always clean.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

How wonderful to hear! We couldn't be happier to know that The Palisades is meeting her needs and that she's enjoying the clean, inviting environment and socializing with other residents. We are happy to be of service to you both. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Options for care

I liked this community tour. The community is very nice and clean. The staff is nice and the menu is good. My mom wanted a community closer to my home. We would recommend this community for other families to tour for the care of a loved one.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

What a nice thing to say! We're sorry we're not closer to your home to accommodate your mom's desire to be near you. Thank you so much for sharing your tour experience and kind words about our staff and community.

Care and comfort.

We like the care at this community. The staff is caring and the community is small and a good environment. They offer a great variety of meals and we like that they let the families come and join the resident for the meals and the holiday events. We are happy that they are very involved with the great activities for them to participate and stay active. We would highly recommend this community for the care of a loved one and a good value for the care that it received.

Helpful Staff!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had of this community. All of the staff where friendly and helpful to my loved one and I during our tour and made sure to give us lots of great information as well as answer any questions we had for them. The building was nicely maintained and had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. I just found a better location for her in the end decision

Grateful I found Palisades--The Best

This well maintained community is attractively nestled under Cheyenne Mountain. I moved into my one-bedroom casita in January and have been increasingly pleased. The staff is wonderful. All called me by name from the first day. Each request has been met cheerfully and promptly. [Removed] at the front desk is a jewel. The wait staff in the lovely dining room are warm and attentive fullfilling even off the menu choices. On my birthday they presented me with a thoughtful gift bag. Food is good (soups are outstanding) and with so any possibilities, there is always a choice to satisfy. [Removed] and the maintenance crew have kept my apartment in great condition.

Can you tell I LOVE IT HERE?

A great place for care.

I turned this nice community for the care for my mom.I did like the community. The nicest community. the area beautiful. I liked seeing a community that was more than clean. The staff were friendly and caring to the needs I had for my mom's care. The reactivities and the menu ware very good. I would have liked this community for the care and the value for my mom and suggest that other families tour this community.

Forever Thankful

My dad recently passed away at the Palisades and I would like to thank the caring staff that provided a comfortable, safe, and loving place for my parents to live during my dad's last couple of years of life. When he had to transition from assisted living to memory care they made it a warm and welcoming transition. The care staff loved him and he knew it. They always had a way of bringing out a smile from my dad and loved his sense of humor. When he was weak or stressed they were nurturing and never scrimping with hugs and smiles. Seeing them help him with care toward the end of his life when he was not able to stand on his own or take care of his own needs was comforting and truly made me feel that he was in the best place possible.
Once he passed we were again so thankful for the love and attention that has been shown to mom, who still lives in assisted living.

We will forever be grateful for the day in and day out warmth and affection that has been experienced by both our parents and us.

Mom's Home Sweet Home

My Mom who lived at The Palisades for over four years and recently passed on, was very happy to call this "her beloved home". She lived most of her time in the Independent Living part of the community. Through the years she developed many wonderful relationships with fellow renters and staff. When we needed to move her over to the Assisted Living Building the staff went out of their way to make the transition as smooth as possible.

Mom loved being a part of The Palisades community. There was always many activities to take part in and she liked the fact that if she needed "alone" time to just do her own thing in her apartment she was able to do that as well.

I would not hesitate recommending The Palisades to anyone who is seeking a new home to meet new friends and thrive.

We liked this one. Impressed in several aspects.
Still checking other facilities.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Thank you for visiting the Palisades at Broadmoor Park. We're pleased to hear that you were impressed with various aspects of our community when you toured. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have additional questions as you explore your retirement living options.

A Good Home

This is a nice community. The staff is caring and helpful. The food could use some improvements.A very clean atmosphere. They have a variety of activities. I would recommend this for good care for a good value.

5 Stars all the way!!

It's a wonderful community with very nice staff. They had a nurse on site if needed. I liked that the sales rep was very well informed of everything. A very pretty area around the community. It was very clean and up-kept. I would recommend to a family or loved one.

Angels for my mom

My mom is very happy with this community. It is the best place. I think that staff are all Angels to help my mom. They go out of there way The gounds are very clean and also her room. Mom is no longer involved in the activities, but no longer is able to do so.

Palisades At Broadmoor Park is a clean community.

My loved one is doing better than I thought since moving into the community. The food is good and they offer a wide variety of healthy options. The staff are good at reminding her of the daily activities so she can participate in them. I would recommend this community.

Mom has just moved in, but so far everyone has been super friendly and helpful!

Initial Review

My Mom has only recently moved into Palisades at Broadmoor. The staff seems thus far to take a personal interest in her. They approach her with suggestions on activities she may want to attend. First impression of
attitudes have been promising. I have only had one meal (lunch) with her so I do not have an opinion in that area as yet but she has expressed that meals are better than her previous residence. This is the third facility
for her. Our family hopes this will be the last.

It's still new to us, but they are doing a great job.

It's still new to us, but they are doing a great job. He doesn't complain very much at all. The housekeeper leaves us a note so we know they have been there. It's very close to our house, and I had some previous familiarity with the community itself. They are all very kind, and they encourage him to get out and do stuff. We are pretty happy with it so far.

What we needed

I was able to move my father into Palisades on my tight schedule. The staff is exceptional. The facility is not too big to get lost in and has a beautiful setting. Pricing was in a workable range for our budget. Somehow I missed this gem during my search last summer but I'm grateful I was able to find it this fall.

Just Wonderful

Well all around I think that Palisades At Broadmoor Park is a wonderful facility. The value for it though, I think, is just a little bit expensive, but otherwise, other than that it really is a wonderful place.

Great Palisades Experience

As a professional trustee and guardian for 35 years I have worked with many care facilities and professionals. With this knowledge I feel that I can speak to the quality of care my client is receiving at The Palisades at Broadmoor Park.
This facility is a cut above the rest! The staff is exceptional! I have confidence that my client is being taken care of on so many levels of care.
Thanks to everyone!

Compassionate staff

The staff is very compassionate and welcoming here. They did a very good job of making the transition as smooth as possible with us. The food is decent, but not the greatest. The facility is always in order and clean.

Handles Technical Issues Quickly

One of the things that Palisades At BroadMoor Park does really well is helping the residents with their technical issues. It seems like they send someone out pretty quickly to get those problems dealt with.

excellent

The nurse on duty at Palisades At Broadmoor Park is excellent. She cares, is very empathetic, and does an excellent job. I am not as impressed with the sales people. Not that they are bad, but I just wasn't as impressed with them as I was with the people that were in the trenches doing the work. Overall it really has been a very positive experience and I would recommend them.

My Dad and his Wife really like the layout of the one bedroom with a den. We also had lunch, which was very good

Nice place, but they don't do what they say they will do.

Overall it's a really nice place, but the upper management just doesn't seem to follow through on things they say they will do. There were a myriad of things that they said they were going to do that they didn't and some of the things were fairly basic yet they didn't happen until I complained. I don't know if it's because they are understaffed/overwhelmed or its a training issue but it is very irritating. I have even called the corporate office and the first two calls were not returned, the third one finally was. The food is about a 3.5 out of 5, it's pretty good. The day to day staff are awesome! Everyone at Palisades is very friendly and my mother does like it there, I just wish they would hold themselves more accountable for what they say will do or simply not say it.

Note: my mother is in Independent Living so the "care services" rating is really NA. - John T

We've had a couple of issues because of some things I guess I had assumed and was not adequately informed on. They are doing a little construction right now. My main complaint is they told me they could handle my husband, then 4 days in they told me we had to hire a sitter which raised the cost. Insurance covers some of it, but now that portion will run out a lot quicker. They also need some more activities that are of interest to the guys. More bowling, for example. On the bright side, my husband is gaining weight (he was way to thin) and gaining strength.

New Owners and a new Direction

I have worked with the staff and owner at The Palisades for several years as an advisor who helps secure veteran's benefits. I have always found them to
put their residents' needs first and have worked to provide the best in care services. A partnership with the University of Colorado brought innovative physical therapy approaches that significantly improved the well-being of the residents. They frequently host community meetings to share the latest information about issues of the aging population and what families will need to consider in the future. I believe the recent change to MBK Senior Living is a positive move forward
as it builds on the ideas of the previous owner and adds a broader understanding of how to best serve our community. I think they are well on their way to being
one of the best senior communities in Colorado Springs.

We looked here before and l...

We looked here before and liked it; $9-10,000/month; questionable if Papa could be in their assisted living if her needs memory care-might insist her be in memory care; participate in PACE program=like medicaid so help if they run out of $$; bedroom would only fit two twins or a queen so would need 2 bedroom

Really good!

I think that there lots activities to do, but my loved ones are still settling in. The staff is amazing. The facility is excellent. The care that my loved ones are receiving is over and above. The food is good.

Very nice place!

They've been doing a great job here, from the sound of it. When I toured this community I liked it very much, and it really was the nicest place I saw and the only one I'd want my loved one living in. The staff were friendly, it was clean, and the food was great. Whenever I speak with my loved one on the phone she sounds happy, and always has plenty to say about the various activities and social events.

Beautiful place. The director toured...

Beautiful place. The director toured us and she was wonderful. Very nice memory care unit; a little pricey.

Nice homes/apartments. Location not d...

Nice homes/apartments. Location not desirable due to busy street and not gated. Design/flow of property didn't seem to foster gather of people. not a comfortable outside area to gather. didn't see may residents.

Nice facility

Nice facility

My first tour and I loved it there! ...

My first tour and I loved it there! Roomy and spacious, new, with lots of programs and ammenities. Even if Mom would need to go on Medicaid, sharing a room would still provide her privacy. I loved that.

Impressive facility - residents were ...

Impressive facility - residents were on a field trip so no interaction or observations.

Very, very nice.

Very, very nice.

We both really liked it.

We both really liked it.

The Palisades at Broadmoor Park represents a new approach to Senior Living. Built in 2008, The Palisades is an award winning example of innovation within the senior living industry. Our residents enjoy an outstanding quality of life in a world class retirement community that is both elegant and intimate. Exceptional social, cultural, educational, and physical fitness activities enrich our residents’ lives each day. Exquisite dining by our awarding winning chef provides excellent nutrition in each community. Family, friendships, emotional well being, excellent care and feeling at home are the primary focus of our remarkable community. We offer active, service-enriched living in private patio homes and spacious apartments, supportive assisted living and our signature memory care neighborhood – Connections for Living by MBK.