MorningStar at Mountain Shadows - Colorado Springs, CO

[Removed] was very gracious and professional. The facility staff on hand were friendly and seemed mindful of responsibilities. It was clean and comfortable. My first tour of the four options, but I was pleased with what I saw.

A big community for care.

I toured this community for my mom.They had the great staff to answer my questions on the care. They did not feel comfortable with my mom being a diabetic. The menu was nice and the variety of activities might have been helpful. This community was nice, but more than what I wanted due to being too big. I would suggest that families tour this community for care of a loved one.

Accommodating staff!!

My mother is still adjusting and doing fine at the MorningStar. The place is clean and well maintained. I feel that my mother is getting the best care that they can offer. The only thing I am struggling with right now is the administrative side. I have some things I need help with and they are a bit slow in the process, but that could change. Overall I am pleased and it is a positive environment.

We Knew This Was The Place When We Toured

My dad is doing is good with the assistance of very courteous and very helpful staff. He is enjoying and likes the meals. He gets 2 entree choices with ice cream for dessert. They have basic substitutions available. He likes the people and residents that live there. We picked this facility because it is close for me, that is really nice for me. He is doing home physical therapy and doing better that he dropped down a level of care. His room is so nice and housekeeping and everyone does a nice job. It has a hill top view and a porch, I see him on the porch at times when I come to visit. He does some activities like exercising and he is going on a scenic tour to the mountains . He likes showing the little bistro and offers hot chocolate, cookie, and popcorn to his guests. It is very safe and almost perfect. It helps they have long term incentives.

A Homelike Community

After touring many communities we found this to be the best for us. It was the most homey community we saw. My in-laws wanted a more intimate environment. We like all they do for my in-laws and they are happy with the community, It worked out best for all of our need and they are doing very good.

A tour for care

I toured this nice community. It was nice and clean. It was a bigger community than what we were looking for. My father would have liked the activities that are offered here. The community was further then what we were wanting. We would recommend families to see this community for a loved one.

Overall it has been a really good experience

MorningStar Assisted Living Mountain Shadows is going well. They call and report at the slightest fall or injury or even without an injury. It is expensive. I am sure there are places that are cheaper but you might not get as much. Overall it has been a really good experience here.

need to improve housekeeping

The only thing they could improve is the housekeeping. It could be better.

Love this place

This place is amazing! My Mom has lived there for a year and loves it! They treat her like royalty. We have dealt with many places over the years and there is no where better!

Wonderful

My Grandma lived here until she passed away. We can't say enough good things about Morning Star. We felt comfortable from our first visit and appreciated ALL of the help and assistance Shirley gave us. We never felt any pressure and felt that the staff sincerely wanted us to choose them only if it was the best fit for us. We ultimately chose Morning Star after visiting many homes in town. The facility is new, clean, and beautiful. The staff is wonderful, absolutely wonderful, from reception to every one of the care givers and administrators. The staff visited my Grandma in the hospital when she became ill and the care was superior when she went back to Morning Star. If you are looking for a great place with caring people, Morning Star should be high on your list.

Very pleased with Morning Star

This was a brand new facility when my mother moved in, so all staff were very eager to please. They have continued to provide excellent service 8 months later. The premises are spacious, clean, bright and welcoming. There are daily activities and weekly outings. The food is very good and the dining room warm and inviting with lots of light. All of my mother's needs are being met, including socialization. The cost is very high but fitting for the quality of what is being provided.

My loved one loves the animals that are there!

We’re happy with the service we’ve gotten. He seems to be pleased with the staff! We had some issues with getting a haircut. We did get it taken care of. There has been some pharmacy issues, but we think that’s being taken care of.
Everything’s been okay, but there’s room for improvement. I like that it’s a smaller unit. He’s settled in better than we thought he would.
Everyone seems to be well taken care of!
My loved one loves the animals that are there!

This is more assisted living so if the resident doesn't need a lot of help they are fine. There was no communication with the nurse, unless they change this I would not recommend it. They did not follow the information we filled out about what to do in case of emergency. They have some wonderful people there but what they're selling is not what they are giving. It's a brand new facility it's absolutely beautiful. There were people there that were very good but now they aren't there anymore. If the doctor prescribes a medicine and if it says three times a day or as needed they get it three times a day, they don't have the medical staff to qualified to make the judgement call about as needed. I don't feel like they had enough staff.

Very nice place; they had a...

Very nice place; they had a cute dog; fresh baked cookies every morning; sales lady was very helpful and asked me lots of question about what we needed. this place is on my 'short list' so i may come back to it.

Brand New and Upscale

We originally planned on moving my grandma in here. They've been great as well but the timing didn't work out for her to move there because they hadn't opened yet when she needed to move. It's a brand new facility and everything seemed upscale and really nice. They were very friendly and professional.

MorningStar at Mountain Shadows is dedicated to making your
retirement years carefree. We offer 45 assisted living suites, as studio,
one-bedroom or two-bedroom, on two levels. In our Reflections Neighborhood
we have 19 secure studios devoted to individualized care for residents
with Alzheimer’s Disease and other memory impairments.