Brookdale Vista Grande - Colorado Springs, CO

Brookdale Vista Grande - Colorado Springs, CO has yet not published prices.

Brookdale Vista Grande

I toured Brookdale. I thought it was very nice, and I really liked the community. I also loved that it was close to me. I would have loved to have been able to move my loved one there, but it was just too out of budget for us.

Just not it

I toured this community and it was nice and clean the staff was helpful also. It just felt like a hospital environment to us and that's not what we were looking for. And it was a much older building. We chose a different community.

Tour for care

I toured this community for my mom's care. The staff were nice and were able to answer the questions I had on the care that she needed. I liked the menu of the meals that are offered. The community was very clean and I liked the list of the many activities. This community comes recommended for families to your for the care of a loved one.

My mother and I have decided that this is the best place for her. I am going to call and tell Bria that we want the one-bedroom apartment.

Mother is no longer interested in Assisted Living options. Bummer!

Father's Care

We are very happy with the care that is given here. The staff is outstanding and very caring. The food is good with a nice variety that is offered. He is really liking the activities that are offered. We are happy to see that he is very happy with the activities that he is enjoying. We would recommend other families to see this clean and great community for a loved one.

Staff is very kind. The facility is clean. Food could use some work.

All is Good For My Parents

My parents are having good care with the community. The staff are attentive and there when they need help. A couple times they fell and when my parents buzzed for help they came right away to help them up, then I got a call to let me know how they are doing. They have been responsive to my folks. They are enjoying the meals with no complaints and they have activities available when they are ready to participate.

Cooperative Staff!

The Brookdale Vista Grande was a good move for my husband. The place is kept very clean, and the staff are all very friendly and help him out as much as they can. The meals are good from what I have seen, and they have a large variety of activities available for if my husband is ever interested.

Wise Choice For Our Family

Moving my mother to this community was a wise decision for the family.She is still adjusting to the community, but we know she is safe and in good hands at this community. I really like it, the staff is great. They are caring and patient. The care they are providing her with is good. We are very impressed with all they have done for us. This is a caring community with kind people.

A great place for mom

I was really impressed by the facilities, the atmosphere, the content look on the residence faces and the helpfulness of the staff. This is a wonderful place for my mother to spend her remaining years in comfort with compassion. I'm very pleased that I found Brookdale Vista Grande for my mother and it has given me a great deal of peace of mind.

Everything is a 5 at Brookdale Vista Grande!!!

The staff are excellent and taking great care of my sister. The food is very good and they offer a variety. The community itself is well taken care of. There is a large variety of activities for the residents to enjoy. I would recommend this community.

Great choice!

From the moment we toured Vista Grande we knew it would be a place that my father could be happy. Every room is warm and inviting. The staff welcomed us and knew each of their residents by name, stopping to greet or hug them as we passed. We were especially impressed with the "apartment" my father would be in....not a sterile, cold, hospital feel but very roomy, comfortable, spacious and inviting. It's a perfect place for us to go visit, sit and talk, share a meal or a cup of coffee. The staff has always responded quickly to our calls and emails and have been equipped to answer any of our questions or concerns. They work with us, hand in hand, to make sure that dad is not only safe and comfortable but happy. Their support has allowed us to be a family again without the responsibilities of care giving. They have welcomed us with open, friendly arms and we are truly blessed to have found them!

Review of Brookdale Vista Grande - Colorado Springs, CO

Very impressive! Clean comfortable roomy and the staff seemed genuine. Good security measures but open availability and freedom for parents. 2 bed separated deck patio option respite

My Mom is doing fine at Brookdale Vista Grande. She says the food is fine. I would suggest others check this place out.

PLEASE don't take your loved one here!!

Don't take your parent here if, you want quality care! They go through RA's like crazy and the majority of them don't do their work. The night and weekend people goof off most of the time. My mom fell and lay on the floor for hours! They were supposed to get her pajamas on and make sure she got in bed and never did. She was found the next morning still in her clothes and her bed had never been slept in. This isn't the first time something bad has happened. So much could've gone wrong that night. She's, now, very confused and hallucinating, which she wasn't doing before. No, no, and definitely, NO!!!

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time share your feedback. We encourage you to call our Resident and Family Connections team so we can learn more specific details regarding your experience. We have also passed this information along to our regional operations team to review.

Not for you

Do you love your parent? Vista grande is NOT for you! This is a sub-par company. Staff turnover every couple of months. Often, there are only two caregivers for the whole building! Unless you want revenge on your loved one, this is not the place for you. If I hadn't been involved with my loved one, she would have been dead. Enough said. There are many other places in Colorado Springs area in the same price range that are far superior. Run!!!

Amazingly Friendly

They are just very nice people who have really welcomed my loved one into the community and she has really settled in well and I think it is due to how kind they have been. Overall it has just been a blessing to have Brookdale; it is very pleasant looking and very homey.

Very inconsistent.

Response times to the call button are inconsistent, sometimes she has to wait way too long. They lost the chef and the food isn't very good. There are inconsistencies with house keeping. The home healthcare department is great. Though it's about the only thing I can really be positive about. They also did just raise the rates substantially. The activity calendar is not always representative of what happens. Often activities don't happen. I chose them based on the appearance of social stimulation, but I think they introduced us to the only two friendly people in the whole place.

excellent

They have really done an excellent job. The staff came up and introduced themselves to me personally and gave a feel that it was a really close tight nit community. It was a good choice we made going with Brookdale Vista Grande and I'd highly recommend them.

very nice place

They have really done well with my mother. They keep her busy and engaged, and the staff is really friendly. It is a very nice smaller place.

I do wonder about the healthcare for my mother and whether she is getting all that she can and should there. There have been a few small communication issues along those lines.

Other than that it has been a very positive experience and I would recommend Brookdale Vista Grande.

We are very pleased with them

We are very pleased with them, and very satisfied with the service. It's clean and the staff is friendly. They are very attentive, and quick to respond to questions and concerns. The quality of food is very good, too.

$7-8,000/month, at Union a...

$7-8,000/month, at Union and Vickers; no memory care designation; would have outside nurse com in to give injections; provide 2 person assist w/ moving if needed;VERY active stuff for Toni; not a lot of cognitive activities for dad; THIS ONE CATERS to Toni's needs especially well

Terrible Experience

Everything was awful. You get off the elevator and you could smell urine from their apartment. It was not fit for human living. It was bad. The food was pretty good... but if they couldn't go down and get their meal and someone had to bring it up we had to pay an extra $5 a plate. A Band-Aid cost six cents and they added it to our bill. We never knew what the monthly bill would be. Their room was filthy - the cleaner had fifteen minutes to clean the whole place and there is no way to do that in fifteen minutes.

I Think It's Good

It's actually more the rest of the community that my in-law have issues with. When I go in there and view it I don't see anything wrong but I know my in laws aren’t happy. They feel that they are not getting all the services that they are paying for and think that the people need to spend more time with them. It takes them a while for people to respond to the calls. Of course, old people always complain about the food. I've eaten there and I think it's good but they complain about it and they do complain about the cost. We just moved in a few months ago. We checked out and priced several different communities and we thought the cost was very good here. The one thing I don’t like is I don’t see as much interaction here as I did at some other places. This is more like an apartment building.

Very Good Community

(Activities Not Rated) We are having some small issues communicating what services we need and which ones we don't. I think it is only a problem because this is our first time doing this so we are still trying to figure out what is what. Wynwood is a very good community. They offer a wide variety of services of which you only pay for those you need. The staff was accommodating, friendly and very helpful. If they can physically do something they would do it for you. I would recommend Wynwood to anyone.

liked a lot, but concern is having to...

liked a lot, but concern is having to move one or both when they can no longer accomodate more troublesome Alzheimer's behaviors. Weighing options now.

Brookdale Vista Grande offers assisted living options for seniors in Colorado Springs. We are conveniently nearby multiple restaurants, shops and parks.

Stop by our bistro for a snack, watch a movie with friends or stroll our outdoor walking path, at Brookdale Vista Grande there is something for everyone. We offer a variety of amenities and activities, including:

Yoga
Walking club
Afternoon tea
Art class
Computer learning

We also enjoy going off-site for lunch and summer theatre outings, just to name a few!

Our apartment-style homes range from studio to two bedroom, allowing for residents to find the perfect place to call home. Our building's innovative design features intimate sitting rooms to large living and game rooms, providing privacy and companionship as residents desire.

We offer personalized service plans that are reviewed regularly by our dedicated staff members to ensure we are meeting the changing needs of our residents. At Brookdale Vista Grande, we incorporate our resident's interests into opportunities that allow them to make meaningful contributions to the community and to each other on a regular basis.