Winslow Court - Colorado Springs, CO

Don't leave your loved one with valuables!

My mother stayed here for a few years until her death earlier this year. The staff seemed friendly when I visited, and the food was good when she first moved in, but not as good as time went on, from my visits there. They sometimes did things (take her in to the hospital) without giving notice to my brother or me which was frustrating. The biggest complaint I have is how much was stolen from my mother. She really enjoyed wearing her jewelry, and against better judgment, we allowed her to keep her things with her. Sadly, much of what she had was gone by the time she passed, including her wedding ring! I am very sad and displeased about that.

Winslow Court

I toured Winslow Court, but I didn't not particularly care for it. It's an older community, the halls were narrow, and there was an Oder about the place. It just wasn't the sort of place I wanted my loved one to be.

Very Satisfied

Very pleasant, they have been making some major renovations, really has made a huge difference.

Mom's New Home

We are happy with the care that my mother is getting from this community. The staff has been very caring. The menu is very good and she likes the good variety. I like knowing that she is going on trips away from the community. I would recommend this community for other families for the good care and good value for care for a loved one.

We were very pleased with Winslow Court. I would suggest that they have assigned ambassadors to talk with their potential residents-like several of the other places. Even after my father-in-law moved in Saturday, no one was assigned to him to make sure he got to and from events and the dining room. This would be helpful.

A great tour!

I toured a few facilities with one being Winslow Court. This place was very nice and the tour guide that took me around was nice and informative. It was a good experience to tour and there was nothing wrong with this facility, we just found another one that fit out needs a little better.

A tour for mom

I toured this community. The staff was nice and the menu looked appealing. The staff was caring about the needs that I was looking for. The community was nice and the residents seem to be happy and active. The menu was appealing with a lot of healthy choices. I would recommend this community and families might want to consider a tour here for the care of a loved one.

Winslow Court Rocks!!!

I live in Texas and am guardian of my aunt and cousin in CO. With God's help, [Removed] and [Removed] did everything in their power to make the transition as easy as possible for all of us. I had 5 days to get them moved and comfortable in their new surroundings. I cannot sing the praises of these people enough. From tour to move to meeting with the doctor and setting up their apartment, although painful for us all, they made it all happen for us. I feel so much better knowing that my loved ones are in sweet. loving, capable hands. The dining is remarkable!!! Lots of upgrades going on and cannot wait till my next visit to see it all complete. The apartment is a wonderful size and wow! Just can't say enough good things about Winslow Court. Activities? Too many to list. Thank you [Removed] for your assistance, hugs, and prayers!!!!

A great place to spend those days to await the final judgement.

1. A lot of construction going on, but with each day our life improves a little bit more as the building looks better and this work will certainly make all of the community services better. The most important item has been the replacement of all outside windows, which has really made the building comfortable in respect to controlling the inside temperature. Each apartment has it's own furnace and air- conditioner which provides personal heating and cooling.
2. Food is always prepared well, with many choices for each meal. Should the kitchen prepare something that you just don't care for, you can always order something that would remind you of a trip to your favorite fast food restaurant.
3. The person of whom cleans our apartment, washes our bed linen and remakes our bed is just about next to having your mother make it.
4. Since we are an interdependent living couple, our automobile is always available, with our own parking spot nearby and most services are available for us at a reasonable cost included in the monthly rent. In checking all the senior living units in Colorado Springs, we found that this unit is just the most friendly; everyone seems to know all the other residents by first name and conversations are easy to start.

A positive experience!

My father is doing fantastic since his move to the Winslow Court. He really enjoys the dining area. It is open all day long so if he wants a snack or coffee he could go down and get it. He is enjoying the friendliness of the staff and other residents. The size of his apartment is great as well, we are very happy with our decision.

5 star

best place I have found! looked all over town, great prices and excellent care!

I like this community. We were informed that. The food appears to be good. They offer a good variety of activities to the residents that are able to participate. We were informed that they were going to put in an elevator, but we are still waiting on that to take place here. We would highly recommend this community for other families for the value and the care that is given.

I am happy with the care that is given here in this nice community. The staff is caring and friendly to his needs. We have had other friends in this community for the great care that is given. The food is outstanding and the variety is nice. They do have a lot of activities and small trips for the residents. We highly recommend the care and the value here to other families.

Wonderful Staff Helping With Adjustment

It is still an adjustment and the staff are wonderful and helpful. She loves their food it is really good. She is doing much better. She did go to happy hour once and listened to a guy play the guitar. She loves eating and talking with the ladies. She is trying hard with her therapy to get much better. They all provide very good care. They are girls that my loves and they go over and beyond for her.

A nice tour for dad

I toured this community for the care of my father. The staff was very helpful with answering the questions we had. We were not able to see the menu that is offered. They do have activities for those who want to participate. I would recommend this community for the nice care, but the value was more than what we were wanting at the time.

A Nice Tour

I took a tour of this nice community. It is very pleasant all around and the people are nice too. I was showed a room that was upstairs and I noticed a stairwell next to the rooms. I feared my mom would fall down one day and it just seemed unsafe to me. The services provided are very good but the distance was not convenient for me either.

Dad Is Doing Well

My father is doing well here at this community. They are caring for him and his needs very well. This is a nice clean facility, they keep everything nice and clean. The staff is kind, they have been nice and helpful. We know he is safe and in good hands.

Great care for Mom

My Mom and I were very pleased with the entire process from the first contact with A Place for Mom and the immediate response from Winslow Court to offer the services they they can provide to my mom. From the first visit, to tour, to move in was pain less. Winslow worked with us with every need that we had through out the process. The staff was excellent, professional, personable and friendly. They were always eager to help and answer any question that we had. I would recommend Winslow Court to any one that needs support for family care giving.

Pleasant Environment

I am doing just fine since my move into Winslow Court, they have been wonderful to me here. This is a very pleasant environment to live in everybody around here is very kind and helpful. The staff has been nothing but helpful and kind to me with everything and I get along with all the staff members here. The facility is very nice and clean they have housekeeping that comes in and cleans my things for me and that is really nice for me. They are very attentive to me and whenever I need help they are right there ready to help me. It was an easy adjustment for me into the community and I'm very happy with my move here.

really had a hard time adjusting

Mom does not like the people at Winslow Court. The residents are too old and mom is in good health, it just doesn't seem to be a good mix. She has really had a hard time adjusting here. The residents are very clicky. She doesn't like the food. The grounds are nice but it is an older establishment. Mom does not like that everyone can come into her apartment at any time. All the staff have a key and I think they need more boundaries. Overall it is a nice facility, it is just not a good fit for mom.

Impressed With The Facility

I was impressed with the knowledge and experience and enthusiasm of the staff. I especially like the fact that they had the residents plan the activities. I really like the accommodations they offer between assisted and independent living. I just wish they had a patio door to the outside.

Generally speaking, Winslow Court is a place with a lot of potential. The staff seems friendly and caring. The price is reasonable although the cost increases yearly. The food is bland and prepared with too much salt. There is a residents' committee that meets once a month to discuss concerns, but rarely changes are made to make life there more comfortable and the committee is comprised of people who have been there many years. Residences aren't asked to voice their ideas for improvement. Everything is outdated including furniture, bathrooms, decorations, elevators, air conditioners, meal plans, and activities. So much could be improved upon to make this a great place.

Very friendly staff & a great atmosphere as soon as you walk through the door!

Very friendly staff & a great atmosphere as soon as you walk through the door!

Awesome food! Family environment, great staff.

Awesome food! Family environment, great staff.

CCouldn't be happier with my mom's home at Winslow Court!

Phenomenal staff! Couldn't be happier with my mom's home at Winslow Court!

When you walk in to Winslow court it feels like home!

When you walk in to Winslow court it feels like home! I love the options and variety of activities offered. The best for last the food is amazing!

Hands down,best value in town!

Hands down,best value in town! A restaurant open all day and a happy hour, party central.

Winslow Court

Good service. Recent updated kitchen facilities. Its like a park inside Colorado Springs. Mom feel at home in after one week.

Reasonable Price and Great Staff

I visited here when I was looking for an assisted living place for my grandmother and I liked them. Their prices were pretty reasonable but the building was kind of outdated and the tub was not something that my grandmother would be able to get in and out of. The staff was great though. My other grand mother had lived there a few years back and we liked it then but some of the features were a little outdated now.

As an independent living fa...

As an independent living facility, this facility was OK. They could improve on the way they deal with independent living residents. My mother was there on independent living, but she fell in her room and was unconscious for an entire day because no one ever checked on her until someone was leaving at 8:00 at night and just happened to hear her yelling. When Mom previously got sick with a respiratory illness, Winslow was very hands off because she was independent living. I felt my mother got lost in the size of the facility. She was only there for three months before she fell. They do have assisted living, but when Mom got put on insulin in the hospital, Winslow did not want her back. This was another experience of being told many things to get us to sign on the dotted line, but reality was different than I got told.

Good Community

This was a really good community that our loved one enjoy being at the staff was friendly helpful and they had lots of activities. She got sick and had to get a higher level of care so we had to move her.

Keeps getting better

We chose Winslow Court because it was within budget. It is a very nice community recently brought and it keeps improving. They offered us the best bang for the buck. There is some big remodeling going on they are installing wireless network, indoor movie theatre, ice cream parlor and a lot more. My loved one is very very happy here and we would highly recommend it to anyone.

Facility is old, but residents seem t...

Facility is old, but residents seem to get along well there. Don't care for the long hallways.

Convenient location, but she is more ...

Convenient location, but she is more independent than most of the residents here. Didn't seem like a very good fit for her. Seemed like a nice place for older/less independent people.

We had lunch with the manager which w...

We had lunch with the manager which was very good. Mom liked the one bedroom except it did not have a balcony or patio to sit out on. They had a nice patio in the back to be able to sit out but it was shared with smokers which did not please Mom. I was impressed by the number of activities they had scheduled on a daily basis.

Winslow Court offers large and affordable apartment homes in a fun, friendly, and active retirement community. We offer three excellent and nutritious meals per day served restaurant-style and residents select from a hot breakfast, and a variety of menu options for lunch and supper. We offer weekly housekeeping and linen services, utilities, cable and washer and dryers in our rent. Activities include transportation to local and regional outings, doctor appointments, and local shopping. Located in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in eastern Colorado Springs, Winslow Court residents are surrounded by mature landscaping on our campus. We have convenient shopping and restaurants with easy access to Peterson Air Force Base nearby.

Winslow Court provides a range of care services to meet the changing needs of seniors—independent living and personalized assisted living. Apartments are available in a selection of different sizes ranging from studios to one- and two-bedroom apartments. Each affordable apartment comes with an individually controlled heating and air conditioning, emergency call system, private bath and many have full kitchens. Winslow Court offers interesting activities for seniors who want to enjoy their life without the hassles of home maintenance and ownership. Winslow Court is managed by Stellar Senior living, “offering the best community in Colorado Springs”.