Sunrise at University Park - Colorado Springs, CO

The staff was very friendly. The small er size of this facility is appealing. However, it doesn't seem to be a good fit for our loved one's needs.

Staff is phenomenal but food could be better.

The staff members here are phenomenal. I love the services they have to offer and the building is very clean. They have recently remodeled the nursing station and it is very well organized. The dining room looks nice and the biggest complaint we have is about the food. They need a better chef because the food is bland and there aren’t that many options. For activities, they offer things like an in-house salon, manicures, social hours every day, and field trips. I would recommend this facility to other families.

Just not the right place for mom

I toured this community and it was nice and clean the staff was helpful also. It just felt like a hospital environment to us and that's not what we were looking for. And it was a much older building. We chose a different community.

AWESOME PLACE!

Absolutely LOVE this place and can't say enough positive things about them. Their care providers are compassionate, loving and kind, unlike other facilities who are just there for the job. Sunrise hires people with a heart for elderly. Then they train them for personal needs.

NO Need to look any further

With my mom's personality being taken into consideration she really loves the place. She is doing well and being taken care of well. For me, I would like her to engage in being more social but that is not my mother's personality. She won't go into any common areas for fear she will have to sit and talk to people. The community for the 4th Of July had a wonderful picnic that the residents and their families were invited to join however due to previous commitments we not able to but from what I was told it was very nice.
The staff is wonderful especially the executive director [Removed]. In the beginning of the process, he responded within a 48-hour time frame to my inquiry and spent the time listening and addressing all of my concerns about my mom and her challenges. After speaking with him and doing extensive research there was no reason to tour any other communities I had found what I was in need of to ensure my mother was well taken care of and to give me the piece of mind.

We placed my sister there in the memory area and have been extremely pleased with her care, the staff, the quality of food, the contact with family to keep us informed of her care, and adjustment. Our whole family is pleased with the choice.

Everyone that I have had any kind of contact with have been wonderfully helpful. Always open and willing to answer any question I have had. Very friendly and welcoming as well.

A Very Good Community

This is a very nice and clean community with friendly residents and staff. The apartment and community was not better than our other option. The apartment was not as big, it did not have a porch, no outdoor view from apartment, not close to the family and I, and there were not as many activities.

Needed some improvement...

During my tour of the Sunrise at University Park, I hate to say it, but I noticed the place was not very clean. When I went in to use the bathroom, I noticed it needed to be cleaned. Also the hallways and other parts of the community. The people were all friendly, but it was not what we were looking for.

Sunrise Senior Living

Very Nice Place, Top Picks

My tour of this community went very well. The staff was wonderful, they answered all my questions. Also they were informative. The community looked well maintained, and clean. I was very impressed with this community. We happened to find another community that fit my mother needs better, but this is a very nice place.

Mom Likes It

So far everything is going well for my parents here at this community. My mother really likes it here. She says the staff is very friendly, more friendlier then the other staff at the other community they were at. She enjoys the outings they go on like the nice walk trips. Overall so far everything is going good.

Everything's Great

I have no problems with this community, I like the care that my dad is getting. The staff and residents are great people. The community looks great all the time. My dad likes to play bingo and other card games. The food here is perfect! My experience has been great and I feel everything is perfect and I would recommend this community.

Review of Sunrise at University Park - Colorado Springs, CO

Staff not very friendly rep seemed fairly disinterested. Extra charge per pill for dad only 2 bed felt like hospital room

Can't do much better than this!

Mom has been at Sunrise for some time now and since she's moved in she has been so happy. Mom used to work in a place like this and she is really pleased with the upkeep of the community and the friendliness of the staff. The food is amazing and there's a restaurant style dining area where you can enjoy your meal. Mom enjoys the movie night and playing Bingo with the other residents. Yes, I'd say I'd recommend!

They Will Fix It

No place is perfect however, sunrise is open to feedback. Most of the caregivers listen. They really try and they work hard. 90% of time things are good.

Nice place

It's a nice place. The staff seems to be very good so far!

Nice but a little expensive.

This is one of the places we looked at when we were touring. It was a nice place and we liked it. It was in the right area, but just a little more expensive than what we thought we could afford.

pleased as could be

Our parents would ideally prefer to leave and go home, but that has nothing to do with Sunrise at University Park, but just that they would prefer to be able to live at home. Sunrise at University Park has been really great overall and we have all been as pleased as could be. It is a wonderful place and they are very friendly and helpful.

$9000/month; no skilled car...

$9000/month; no skilled care but memory care; like Sunrise in Glen Ellyn -not sure this would work as Papa might need more help than memory care area would provide-need to ask

I'm quite happy with them.

I'm quite happy with them. They are very good about responding to me. Activities for the memory care are a little more limited than the rest of the community. The memory care is a pretty small unit. The food is wonderful. I had heard great things about Sunrise from friends, which is one reason I chose them. I liked the security of it, while still having a big space, and being very social. I liked the atmosphere, too.

They are a little on the high side.

They are a little on the high side. The activities are improving, but it depends on the individual. The staff is really very friendly and very helpful and very caring. There have only been very minor issues. I went out there … and one day I did breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Other than a corner room wi...

Other than a corner room with a southern and western exposure, views were a little limited. Food is probably best here, but it is also the most expensive. Mom does not drink, never has, so the 3 glasses of free wine per day would be a bit of a turn-off to her.

This too was a nice place b...

This too was a nice place but the location is going to be inconvenient for me and my sister to get to.

Beautiful Building and Caring Staff

We are getting more than our moneys worth. The care is excellent. They are very much on top of things. Mom is 91 years old and she has COPD and complications from a stroke. If anything is wrong they call me. They called this morning because her oxygen level was low, and they told me everything about how they got her back up. We decided to send her to the hospital, and staff from the community met family at the hospital.

One morning she was late to breakfast and the chef sat with her so that she wouldn't have to eat by herself. Food is great. She has her own room and own bathroom.

Tessa Lancaster has been outstanding. She is the person that I talked with in the very beginning.

We've had a very positive experience.

Nice Place

This place was really nice but it seemed a little bit more independent so it was nice but it would not have been applicable to my grandmother's situation.

Very Homey Feel

I really like their overall hominess – I think that’s the best word for it. It really felt more like a family. The downside was their rooms were very small and it also felt very crowded. Maybe because of that a lot of the residents were out in the common areas so there was a lot of interaction which I thought was good. So socially, I would rate it high but for day to day living, not quite so high because the apartments were small. They did not have transportation.

Like the staff and they seem to have ...

Like the staff and they seem to have good care. Clean and like the layout.

Very nice facility. We have known pe...

Very nice facility. We have known people that have lived there before.

Nice place.

Nice place.

Sunrise at University Park sits in the heart of North Colorado Springs. Our community is situated in the prestigious University Park neighborhood, with over 100 acres of open space and trails available. We offer Assisted Living and Memory Care, hosting and supporting a monthly Alzheimer's Association Support Group. With caring and devoted personal caregivers and services, we ensure that our residents make Sunrise at University Park their home.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can’t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you’ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.