Brookdale Monument Valley Park - Colorado Springs, CO

A community for mom

This is a nice community for care. The staff was willing to asst me in the questions that we had on the care that is offered. We liked the cleanliness and the menu of the healthy meals. The activities are helpful for those who are will to participate. We wanted a different room for mom. We would suggest that families tour this community for care

He's feeling more like himself again!

This facility is absolutely wonderful! It is very clean, and the staff take great care of my loved one! The food is also quite good. I have also found that he has been feeling more like himself again since he has started to participate in more activities from time to time. We are very pleased with this facility!

Highly recommended!

It has been a very good fit for my loved one. The staff is amazing. The meals that are provided there taste great and they have well-balanced choices. I would recommend this community to anyone with no hesitation.

The Best For My Parents

My parents are happy to be apart of a good community. We have no complaints with the care or experience. The
staff get my parents involved with activities and take them on scenic drives or shopping with the residents. The apartment my parent have is spacious with a nice view from their window. I liked that all the Brookdale's work together to find a good fit within their Brookdale properties.

[Removed] sister LOVED Monument Valley, and is trying to persuade the other siblings that this is the place for Evelyn. The staff were friendly, and the memory care unit was cozy and friendly.

All around great community!!

I have no complaints about my fathers stay in this community so far. He has really made himself comfortable in his new living environment. He has had no complaints about the food and seems to be enjoying the activities with the other residents throughout the week. Overall things are going really well and I would defiantly recommend it.

One Of Many Tours

From our advisor's referral we went to tour this community. The staff did well showing us their activities, living areas and room that were available, it went very well. They were professional and ready. i thought that it was an excellent community but it was very big, we were looking for a smaller, cozy community.

Brookdale meets/exceeds the needs for mom.

When arriving we noted the facility's exterior was well maintained. This level of maintenance and cleanliness continued through the interior.
Brookdale's staff were friendly and very helpful, (this includes all staff we met on our initial tour, from management to care givers). Mom has a higher level of care required and is always dressed in the morning, doesn't miss meals or medications, room is kept clean and orderly.
Mom is not very active and normally does not participate in activities, although, many are available if/when she desires.
We currently have mom signed up for a respit program (short term stay), until she gets back on her feet and can return to her home, however, will strongly consider this facility should her stay become long term.
Part of our decision to utilize Brookdale for her needs is it's central location to her children.

Mom's Good Care

This is a good community for my mom. The staff is excellent and is always polite and offers assistance to make sure things are good for my mom. The community is clean and very nice. They offer my mom activities that she seems to enjoy. I would recommend this to other families for excellent care for the value.

Mixed Bag

My mother is at this facility. The staff has been quite rude at times. The facility is in a beautiful neighborhood but the building is old although remodeled. The food looks unappetizing to me. It is a good value overall, but I wonder if the price will go up and up, as is the reputation of Brookdale. One of my sisters is happier than I am with the place, in fairness.

My dad is doing ok at Brookdale!

We did have a minor issue with some of the billing but they are willing to listen and help correct this issue. I would give the food a 4 as it tastes great. They offer daily activities, however they seem to be geared more towards women. This community is clean and well maintained. The staff get along well with dad and the family.

Respite Stay

For a short time my mom stayed at this community and she was the happiest she could be. The staff made her so comfortable by bringing her meals to her room. My mom's personal care worker was there to assist in her needs. The staff helped my mom's care worker with all the was needed. During Mom's stay the care worker reported to me daily that everything was going good.

Love it! My mom is sooooo happy!

Great communication

The staff here is great about keeping us in the loop about what is going on. Great communication. They are very nice and they really do care. There are quite a few activities for the residents to enjoy.

Definitely Recommend

My mom was there for 14 months and they took very good care of her and I looked at five different places and chose Brookdale. I like it because it was a smaller community, so that was one of my favorite things about it. Most of the people were great. I would definitely recommend it.

She seems happy there

My only complaint is really that they do not have enough staff to help.
Sometimes the residents have to wait for a long time the staff to help, particularly at mealtimes.
She seems very happy there and that is the most important thing.

Remarkable facility!

My experience has been remarkably wonderful! There haven't been any glitches per se, but the people have been on time, friendly, and have been accommodating and near-perfect! Would give 5+ stars to friendliness of the staff if I could!

excellent place

My husband only stayed at Brookdale Monument Valley Park for two days before we moved him out. It was an excellent place, but it just was not for him. It was more of a nursing home type setup than what we were looking for. During the time there though they were all very kind and helpful.

highly recommend!

Brookdale Monument Valley Park is definitely a very loving and caring environment, both for the residents and the families. Everyone there is very kind and very helpful. They have made it a very smooth transition. They have really just been awesone!

One area where they could improve is with the billing. There has been a little confusion and a few minor errors which they are correcting.

I would highly recommend them a million times over!

Overall Review

So far we have had only a few problems. Most we're worked out with just a phone call. The mistakes were kinda silly and just someone not paying attention. Food is wonderful as mother loves it to much. Lots to do and she is kept busy most of the time. The nursing is above average and they are all caring. They miss small things which get picked up later. She is never in any danger but things need to be a little tighter. Everyone is very friendly and they treat all the residents with respect. It is good for all. It is a very good place for anyone that needs the help they offer. Always remember no place is perfect but this one tries.

With the nurse and medications, getting people involved and friendliness, good leadership. Mom was only there two weeks, currently at a skilled facility for a broken hip. Nothing negative to say about Brookdale.

Nice place!

They do a great job at Brookdale Monument Valley Park! The staff here are very helpful, and have made the whole experience a very positive one! They take great care of the residents, and keep the facility looking clean and well kept. The only real issue I've had is with their billing system, which I think could be a bit easier to set up. You kind of have to keep an eye on your bills for the first few months to get the kinks worked out.

Liked this Brookdale too.

I looked at this Brookdale as well as another, I liked them both a lot. I chose the other Brookdale because it was closer to me. We have been very happy with them. This looked just as good.

perfect place for dad

i do wish they had more activities geared towards men, They have a lot of painting and stuff that is geared more towards women, but my dad will not do those. The staff there is very good, always keeping me informed on everything I need to know. They really watch out for things very well, and they watch after their residents very good. Since they don't have a lot of residents they are able to give dad really good one on one care and attention. I think Brookdale Monument Valley Park is the perfect place for my dad.

He is very happy there, and for the most part I'm happy

He is very happy there, and for the most part I'm happy, because he is so happy. I would like to see them implement my suggestions a little better, or a little quicker. I would like to see them clean the bathroom floor more than once a week. The billing has had a few issues, but they have been working with me. I don't understand why there is a lack of communication. The staff there are wonderful and kind. It would be helpful if they were more clear about who to go to with what information and issues. Overall it's a clean place, and the people are very friendly and seem to want to help you. I would never steer anyone away from them.

Dad

I am very pleased with the facility. All the staff are very nice and helpful.

We are very happy.

We are very happy. It's clean and the staff is friendly and attentive. They have a good variety of activities, and we haven't had any complaints about the food. I haven't had anything yet, that I think needs to be improved, or done better. One of the reasons we chose it was because, it instantly has a nice homey vibe with the way it's laid out. We also liked that all of the residents looked very well cared for, they were nicely groomed with their hair brushed, some of the places we visited that wasn't the case.

I'm satisfied with Brookdale Place. I...

I'm satisfied with Brookdale Place. I'm pleased with the friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the facility, care provided, and overall services. The food selection could be better.

$9000/month ($6200/month pl...

$9000/month ($6200/month plus $2500=higher card needs for Papa) Smaller community -like a southern mansion; lots of activities for Toni; by Monument Park

Just like home, Brookdale Place!

Brookdale Place is nestled in the trees directly below a fantastic view of Pike's Peak!! Not only is the view outstanding, but also the staff can't be beat!! You will not find a more caring staff than the staff at Brookdale Place! The moment you walk in the doors, you feel right at home. Their menu options make you feel like you're dining in a fine restaurant, while living areas throughout bring home to you. Staff is around for questions and everyone is knowledgeable about the residents needs.

There are always activities available as well as bus trips around town.

Your loved one will find no finer place to live than Brookdale Place. We've already told our kids this is the place for us should we need an assisted living facility!

Ask for Shari Hall to give a top notch tour!!!

Very nice facility, care staff turnovers causing some difficulties

In terms of the facility itself, the amenities, the administration, and the aide staff I think Brookdale Place does an excellent job. It is a pleasant place, and I think my loved one is happy. They just recently finished a large remodeling project, so everything looks very nice. However, the one big issue we've had is that there have been multiple turnovers of their nursing staff. And the first was very sudden and out of the blue, which was a big shock to the residents. I think this could have been handled much better. The care has not been as good since that time, but I know it can be difficult to transition to new care staff so I am waiting to see if things improve once they settle in.

Mix review

Overall – it depends on whose going in there – for someone still has their mind, but might not have long to live – it might be the place for you. For an average and normal person who needs minimal assistance, it might be fine.

Men are isolated – there are not enough activities that are geared to men.

The food is adequate. The staff is very friendly and helpful, but they understaffed. Not everything they’ve said has been true. The therapists do not visit as often as I expected them to. There is a lack of communication – communication just doesn’t get passed to other employees.

The food is excellent.

They seem to be understaffed. The food is excellent. There is an outside area. I didn’t have any trouble finding parking. We’ve had an issue with a couple of the CNAs who were a little rough with my loved one. The management resolved this issue right away.

I did like this facility, a...

I did like this facility, and would consider.

"For-Profit" Environment

The staff were very friendly here, and the facility was kept clean. The food was fine, no real complaints there. However, they really nickle-and-dimed me here, which is a big part of why we didn't stay. In addition to charging for everything, the executive director didn't seem to want to hear what I had to say about it. Also, the thievery in the memory care unit was excessive. People would walk into other people's rooms to "shop", but it the number of belongings we lost and acquired was ridiculous. There's a real difference between a "for-profit" and a "non-profit" environment.

Very nice place but rooms a...

Very nice place but rooms are small and views are average. Beautiful bird sanctuary inside. Not much available right now.

Loved it

The time I spent with Sheri was talking about my mom and what her needs were as opposed to all the bells and whistles of the facilities. I met lots of people on my tour and just had a great overall good feeling about the place.
I absolutely love the location on the North End too.

Did not like that residents...

Did not like that residents seemed to be left alone and could isolate themselves.

Sheri was wonderful and ask...

Sheri was wonderful and asked me LOTS of questions about my mom what her needs were. I liked that it was smaller; I believe it has 64 rooms. Great location and had a 'homey' feel. Got to see staff interact with each other and the residents and it was very positive. Those people like their jobs. Really like this place!

Not an Ideal Location

The building was nice but we were not comfortable with the location. There was a park across the street that homeless people seemed to be hanging out at. It just didn't look safe. Our choice didn't have to do as much with the building or community as it did with the location.

Memory Care

This place seemed good but it also seemed to be more of and Alzheimer's/memory care place so that wasn't applicable my grandmother's needs.

Very Helpful People

I've never seen the place but the service I have recieved is a 5. My sister who lives in Colorado Springs has been there and she thinks it's good and well kept. They're very friendly. It's expensive, but I guess the value is good - it's hard to say.

My mother is there. I know they have activities available but they haven't been able to engage my mother into too much.

They've been very helpful. It was a quick turn around. Within about 3 days they were able to move my mom from the rehab center to Brookdale on very short notice.

pros: Staff support, in-house th...

pros: Staff support, in-house therapist, Activies, Location... Possible con: may still be an issue regarding sliding scale for insulin...

Personalized Assisted Living. Ongoin...

Personalized Assisted Living. Ongoing monitoring of health care needs, medication management. Dementia and Alzheimer's disease served. Units are 1 bedroom only but there are some adjoining units with a door between rooms.

Nice place, seemed ok.

Nice place, seemed ok.

Very nice facility..probably the best...

Very nice facility..probably the best of the ones visited but probably a little too expensive given my mother's resources.

Brookdale Place of Colorado Springs provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

At Brookdale Place of Colorado Springs we promise Respect for Individual Preferences and offer personalized care needs in an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. Brookdale Place of Colorado Springs provides a comfortable lifestyle, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Our residents enjoy life with any support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Our community is dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services to those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.

Our Clare Bridge Place program serves those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Each day, we promise to work to deliver Daily Moments of Success for each resident. The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides structure and activities each day designed to meet specific needs of those with dementia, while the Clare Bridge Dining Program, designed by a gerontologist and registered dietician, helps residents retain the ability to enjoy and master the daily dining experience