Brookdale Bear Creek - Colorado Springs, CO

Brookdale Bear Creek - Colorado Springs, CO has yet not published prices.

Nice but not for Mom

This community is nice and clean. The staff was helpful when I asked questions. The ground were nice and they had nice activities. We didn't choose this one due to the distance, to far for us.

Care and comfort for mom

This was a nice tour that we had for the care of mom. I like the staff who were able to show us the community.
I was not to please with the cleanliness at the time of the tour that may have been taken care of. The menu was appealing of the healthy variety. The activities are offered to the residents who are able to participate. I would suggest that families tour the community for the care of a loved one.

Very friendly staff. Clean and has a good menu to choose from. Apts. come in different sizes and gave us a lot to choose from. I have had some problems with having my Mom's meds given to her. And for the $500 a month they charge to order store and give the meds I would say the first month was not worth it. Hoping things will get better

Horrible care!

The worst care I have ever experienced in my life! If you care about your loved one who actually needs ANY medical care.... I urge you to look outside the tour, on the non wealthy side. Awful care. Yes it looks nice. But, if you truly want professional care... You can barely get help when your loved one truly needs it!

A Different Level of Care

I had a helpful and friendly person give me a tour and provide me with useful resources. I felt they were fantastic people to work with. They were willing and always offering to help me find a good fit for my parents. It did not feel like a sales experience. I liked that all the Brookdale's work together. They provided a different level care that did not fit my parent's needs.

The best place ever!

This facility and its staff is the best! I had my family member at another facility that didn't take care of her at all and had to move her within one hour and [Removed] was so accommodating. My family member is happy and well taken care of.

Comfort for mom!

The care from the staff has been great, they make my mother feel comfortable and welcome. The meals are very good, my mother really enjoys them and says they have a good taste. The community itself is very clean and maintained well. I would recommend this Brookdale to anyone looking because they are good at what they do.

Great Care

I am very happy with this community. the staff are great and seeing the other residents so happy and cheerful is wonderful. He is very happy with the meals. They have a lot of great activities for him to participate in. We would highly recommend the care and the value for other families here.

An Wonderful Tour Of The Facility

We went to tour this community and the staff did well showing us their activities, living areas and room that were available, it went very well. They were professional and ready. i thought that it was an excellent community but it was too huge, my loved ones were looking for a much smaller community.

Big place!

The Brookdale Bear Creek is massive. I felt like they wouldn't be able to give individual attention, but now that I have done more research, it seems like they are more capable to handle different levels of care than other places.

Worth taking a look at!!

I did not get to take a tour of this community as once I spoke to them we realized dad would be better in another community. This community is more for assisted living and we needed memory care. They were great and upfront making sure that we had all the information we needed to make the right choice for dad. They cared more about the resident and not the money.

Affordable and a lovely environment.

This facility is lovely and yet more affordable than many others we looked at. Our mom lived here for while several years ago and now we have moved another relative here. It is still the nicest and most affordable mid-range Assisted Living facility in the area. The staff is very caring and there are lots of activities. The dining room offers nice food and a restaurant environment where residents can even order wine with their meal. But only one glass, which is wise.

The only problem we have encountered is trying to line up the local phone service. It has happened both times we have moved a loved one in. You have to insist with the local phone company that they send a warm body to the facility and not try to connect locally. That was a hassle that I feel is unnecessary.

Overall I would give this place a nine out of ten.

The smell turned me away!!

The staff were knowledgeable and nice, however I did not feel comfortable them. They did not seem interested. It was just another routine for them. It did not feel like there was a personal feeling.

Memory Care

The staff is very friendly and treats their patients with a lot of compassion and respect. There are a few areas they could work on. All in all, we are happy with our experience at Brookdale Bear Creek in Colorado Springs.

We have a very special case!

Our situation is a bit different from most. My in laws are current residents of Brookdale Bear Creek and also have my brother in law who suffers from down syndrome living with them as well. With those special circumstances i must say the dealing with the staff and seeing how they interact with my family has been quite amazing! They are very accommodating and attentive! What we appreciate most is that they are very good at communicating with us and keep us updated on their well being! i would definitely recommend!

I found Brookdale to be very responsive, helpful and caring. Thanks to all of the staff there for taking care of my dad during his final few weeks. I felt comfortable and confident that he was being well taken care of.

Very Caring Staff

It was a difficult experience, so they were very helpful and encouraging and just made it a very easy and comfortable process for everyone in the family and we have just been really happy with the care that they show.

Fantastic

The management was fantastic. They were so kind and so good and they really did help us a lot. The dining room looked fantastic, it was always clean. I think the rooms were okay. I would definitely recommend it.

Great Facility

Had my father there for 2 weeks he passed away. We loved it he was so thrilled and loved the apartment he was going to be in Loved the staff and food was fantastic. He was very excited but had no idea he was passing away.

Pleasant Experience

I think for my mom, she might have been starting to deteriorate when she got there, so I think as far as assisted living goes, the value she got was decent. I think if someone were not wheelchair bound it would have been a better experience, but for someone who is wheelchair bound it's hard to get a round. We had a pretty pleasant experience there for the most part.

so far everything has been very positive.

The dealing with them so far with getting set up has gone very well, and Rami went above and beyond to get us in. So far everything has been positive. We haven't been there long yet, but so far everything has been very positive.

We loved it!

We loved it. We felt like they were very loving and caring. They treated the people like individuals. The food was excellent. The Responsiveness to our needs was outstanding. I can't rate the activities because it is not applicable. The Brookdale Bear Creek is a nice community. We are very, very pleased.

Mom and Dad and their new home

The staff is very friendly and accommodating when I visit. The problems expressed by my parents are likely and mainly associated with the fact that they are not in their own home eating and doing whatever they want. Some of the complaints I have heard is; there is not enough room in the apartment, the food is not good or not hot, they don't get waited on soon enough, the care givers do not respond quick enough when the button is pushed. The price is a factor, as it is with most senior care facilities, but if you need and want the care for your loved ones you must make it happen. This facility was able to help us when mom had to be hospitalized and dad needed someone to help him. Although he can do some things on his own, he was used to having my mom wait on him hand and foot. My brothers and I work and were unable to be with him 24 hours 7 days a week but made it work during the 7-10 days it took for the transition. We are much less concerned with the what-ifs knowing they are being well taken care of. Our mother enjoys the activities that are available but our father does not take part. This is an area they could improve on by introducing activities to involve more men, workshops with wood and other things that are more manly!

A little farther than we wanted.

We didn't choose this location, because it was farther than we wanted to be. We are now here because the Brookdale we were at didn't do a good enough job checking on my loved one, and they needed more care. It's still new, but since they are skilled nursing I think they are a little more on top of it.

I am very happy with the Senior livin...

I am very happy with the Senior living home. It's reasonably priced. The staff is friendly, very helpful, and very attentive. They are willing to do anything to help. The facility is pretty clean. And I am very pleased.

$10,000/month for 2 bedroom...

$10,000/month for 2 bedrooms; smaller facility than Skyline (merged with Skyline company to become largest provider in U.S.); has all levels -independent to nursing

Friendly staff

I guess the one issue is that a lot of times the nursing staff isn’t completely up to date on the status of the patient – or the mix up the patients. My father seems to like the food. There is enough parking.

Lovely building

The girl was really nice and took a lot of time with us – but there were some comments that were a little competitive with the other Emeritus that set us on edge. It was absolutely beautiful. It was bigger – to me – it felt nice, but it didn’t feel as much family as the one we went with.

completely satisfied

So far it’s been a five! It top notch- they keep it in order. The staff is very friendly. I’m completely satisfied with all the services they’ve provided. Emeritus has been great so far. We’re very happy with them.

Also liked this facility......

Also liked this facility...very close to my work also.

We could not have made a better choice

We could not be happier with Emeritus at Bear Creek. As soon as my sister and I walked in the door, we were almost positive that we had found the perfect place for our father. Once we had completed the tour, our mind was made up. We were able to put a deposit on a lovely assisted living apartment and make arrangements for Dad to start out in skilled care so he could acclimate to the change in altitude. Everyone has been wonderful and they treat him like family. He will be able to transition from skilled care to assisted living without leaving the building. The food is excellent and he is able to enjoy a glass of wine with his meals if he chooses. There is a very diverse mix of residents and a large number of men so he will have some partners in crime. I would recommend Emeritus at Bear Creek to anyone with a family member that needs care whether it be a bit of assistance or skilled nursing.

We found the facility to be very, ver...

We found the facility to be very, very nice. The Director, Kelly came to our table and talked at length about what they offer and how to go about getting what we need. We met with the personal and did not find one person who was not totally committed to their jobs and the health and welfare of their residence.

It is a very modern, clean, and the staff are very helpful in seeing you get what you need.

There is always things not quite right in all organizations and will probably find some here, but as of the first weeks of being there it is a God's send for the help and info that we received and all the help we received with insurance. They took care of most all things.

Wonderful views, nice size ...

Wonderful views, nice size rooms. If visit as respite, may waive part/all of community fee to keep you. Nice porches and sun room. Nice snack room on each floor. Pretty entryway for each room. Hummingbird feeders in summer.

They are Good To My Grandma

It's been good so far. My grandma is in the assisted living so she pays for that and the level of care she needs. I think the care has been been great. There are activities available when she chooses to do them.
I know they have singing, church and mass, they found a game of canasta for her, and they do bingo. They have all sorts of things going on. I would say good things about them so far. They've been good to my grandma.

The Total Package - Emeritus at Bear Creek

After experiencing pneumonia and another unrelated infection resulting in delirium and a hospital stay, my father's dementia accelerated to the point that he could no longer live independently. After visiting many facilities, my brother and I took a tour of Emeritus at Bear Creek and knew immediately that this was the place for our father. Rami Stoner. Community Relations Director, was a wealth of information. She patiently answered our questions and provided information related to their services. While giving us a tour of the building, she greeted the residents by name, and they all seemed so friendly and well cared for. The facility itself was clean, bright, cheerful, and just smelled like home! Each employee and resident we met greeted us and made us feel welcome. Our father is currently residing in a spacious studio apartment. Daniel Gerson, the Dining Services Director, placed my father at a table with five other gentleman to ensure he would have socialization opportunities at each meal. Daniel also makes it a point to to come out in the dining room to greet the guests and to make sure they are enjoying their meal. Our family has been so pleased with the personal attention my father is receiving. He truly is treated like part of the Emeritus family. I, along with my whole family, highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for a place where their loved one will receive excellent care and be treated with dignity.

I had a better feeling about this one...

I had a better feeling about this one. It was pleasant and the residents were alert and seemed to be engaged with the staff and with each other.

Loved the facility and also their mem...

Loved the facility and also their memory care unit. Was a little pricey.

Brookdale at Bear Creek is nestled in the fabulous front range foothills with unobstructed views of Pikes Peak and surrounding mountains. County parks sit in front of and adjacent to our property and add to our splendor.

Discover our beautifully landscaped courtyard and gardens, enjoy our fine cuisine or join in an activity or social group. At Bear Creek, we have an abundance of ways to make your life here enjoyable. Here is Assisted Living committed to comfort and care: tastefully appointed apartment-style living, attractive and spacious community areas and daily assistance from an attentive, caring and trained staff. At Bear Creek, we take care to consider your needs as well as your wishes.